Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
Thought I'd noticed his health bar moving some while breaking the armor, maybe it just doesn't go below a certain % while the armor still exists? Weird though, why make it 3 separate things if it's just a blanket DR shield like Hans'? TW loving us again :argh:

e:
Yeah he takes some damage, I don't know if each piece gives him some % DR or what the heck

UNRELATED, I just fixed the latency spikes I was getting over wireless after literally years of just stringing an Ethernet across my floor. This reddit post tells you how to make Windows stop refreshing the wireless networks it can see every few seconds, and seems to have completely resolved my lag issue. Hooray.

Takes No Damage fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Dec 8, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Foreskin Problems posted:

He doesn't take health damage til you break all three armors. It's a super-easy boss, once you break the armors you just need at least one sharp to freeze it while everyone unloads.

He doesn't take health damage until you break an armor piece and then shoot that revealed area. You can still wreck him as Sharpshooter like every other boss by just focusing the head. All in all I'd say he's a bit harder than Hans and the Patriarch but not as much as the Kingpound, but still that's pretty easy. Krampus Lair just has a tough final boss area to fight him in since it's kramped.

Also I still find the noodly poop monsters' movement really creepy.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
On Suicidal the enemies move faster, and with the poopzeds it's super obvious that they're just playing the animations faster. It looked like some bizarre out of control wind-up doll running around. Covered in poo poo. Fits nicely into the valley between hilarious and horrifying.

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008

aniviron posted:

Commando is the best for extending Zed time, yes. However, I think Demo might be the best for triggering it- I don't know the exact rules it follows (if someone knows, post away) but it seems to be that every headshot kill and every one-hit kill has a small chance of triggering Zed time. Given that most of Demo's weapons kill in one hit, it consistently starts that party off. Firebug conversely will never ever trigger Zed time with flamethrower type weapons.

Not sure the exact specifics but usually it's listed as doing something "cool" or "stylish" of which the top trigger is headshots, so I assume multi-kills or gib kills count as well, which would probably explain that. Also, the longer you go without triggering zed time the higher the chance grows.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
Sharpshooter is a safe way to trigger zed time if they're good. They have an innate 5% chance to trigger it on any headshot (it doesn't have to kill) and each headshot itself has a higher chance to trigger zed time than an using an explosive on the same single zed. Demo works too but they tend to eat the first zed time extension since they usually proc zed time on the first zed killed by the explosion and then accidentally extend it immediately by killing another zed via the same explosion.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
Man gunslinger is so fun but I feel gimped by the dumbest aiming ever. I mean I get the unwieldiness of pistols akimbo but still, not to mention long reloads and bad ammo economy or scrolling through 3 pistols.
I don't have the crack hipshot anymore like I used to in kf1 5 years ago or whatever.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
Can't you alt-click to set your aim so you're looking down the sights of one of them and then it's just like any other gun?

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe

darkhand posted:

Man gunslinger is so fun but I feel gimped by the dumbest aiming ever. I mean I get the unwieldiness of pistols akimbo but still, not to mention long reloads and bad ammo economy or scrolling through 3 pistols.
I don't have the crack hipshot anymore like I used to in kf1 5 years ago or whatever.

Fast reloads perk, alternative aiming via pressing altfire. Enjoy one of the best perks in the game.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

I feel like the whole point of gunslinger is that you can move quickly, and ADS really ruins that. I just turn the crosshairs on for GS and it works a lot better.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
There's that first skill that makes you move faster while aiming at least.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Yeah but that means not taking the other perk which just makes you even faster and removes the penalty for shooting from the hip.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34-j4WDfXl8

Christmas event is live.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
Speed is love, zoom zoom boom.

So people from beta do we collect the same seasonal fish dosh vault rewards again? I seem to have most of the gold vault items.

Risky Bisquick fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Dec 13, 2017

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
The new freeze gun seems incredibly powerful for multi but I haven't used it there yet. I'm really liking the new area and objective for some extra dosh.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

The new map is really fun and the Christmas music is awesome. I've played a ton of Killing Floor Christmases and this is one of the most fun

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The higher-res models do allow for some nice gags. I like the Twizzler tongues on Gorefiends and putting an old iron stove on the back of a snowman is pretty :psyduck: Also freezing and shattering ice Stalkers is weirdly amusing.

So one of my Dailys was a map on Hard, so I jumped into a crappy high-ping game with one other player in the hopes that I'd just be overleveled and could muddle through. More or less worked out that way, but I literally could not have done any worse against the boss and still survived. Pretty sure my Reactive Armor is what actually got the kill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E38wnSGuWTg
I am slightly proud of the sick laser dodge though :shobon:

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

The christmas zeds are delightfully made, and imaginative too. I'm also a big fan of the new map, though I'm not sure how I feel about the "defend area" mechanic.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I like it because it creates some wonderful chaos when things go wrong. Getting people to actually participate in it though is another story.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?
I have to admit the KF2 team creates some very pretty maps.

What's the easiest way to do the environmental kill achievement for the lair?

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
The way I did was to leave a bloat for last and haul rear end to the lever.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

clockworkjoe posted:

I have to admit the KF2 team creates some very pretty maps.

What's the easiest way to do the environmental kill achievement for the lair?

Get a buddy (Firebug or Berserker) to stand on the opposite side of the woodchipper and pull the lever when zeds clump up.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Haven't yet touched the beta but i have a very important question:

Are Gingerbread Gorefasts still delicious?

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Kikas posted:

I don't know, they don't want me to eat them.

The gore system is actually sort of interesting for some zeds. Stalkers and Fleshpounds, being made of ice and wood, don't gib but instead break apart into pieces. I keep trying to cut Crawlers open to see what's inside their present bodies, but it looks like just an indiscriminate mess inside.

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
Alright some weird poo poo just happened to me. 2 Krampuses spawned at once and they magically died after a minute. I ain't even mad.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
I really like the new map. I feel like it blends the new post-The Descent style chamber maps and the classic hold-out maps incredibly well. The hold-the-zone gimmick is excellent, too.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Propaganda Hour posted:

I really like the new map. I feel like it blends the new post-The Descent style chamber maps and the classic hold-out maps incredibly well. The hold-the-zone gimmick is excellent, too.

I like the feeling that there's a place we're invading, holding off waves of attackers, and working our way toward the target. Makes it feel less like we're just there and more like we're actually doing a mission, you know?

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
got my gunslinger setup now, it's sooo fun. My hipfire is a lot better and i'm starting to like all the options for weapons you have. I usually end up using dual 9mms for ammo economy most of the time, then throw in a grenade pistol(or med gun) and dual mags revolvers.

darkhand fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Dec 14, 2017

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
After a lot of procrastination I finally got all perks to level 25. Berserker and SWAT still remain my top favorites.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Kikas posted:

Unfortunately not.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
They do lick themselves with licorice tongues tho

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
I posted a while back about how I disliked commando, I have changed my mind. AK12 commando is boring but effective with the recoil perk. It’s nonstop ratatat tat tap fire headshots. I don’t even buy the scar anymore

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I pretty much stopped using the SCAR after they added the crossperk weapons. It's still pretty strong but the 20 bullets per reload is annoying if you don't have the two capacity up skills on.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Marogareh posted:

After a lot of procrastination I finally got all perks to level 25. Berserker and SWAT still remain my top favorites.

Sharpshooter and Demolitions are my favorite right now. I can see what people like SWAT for the bullet hoses, but SWAT has always been my least favorite of the bunch. I also used to dislike Gunslinger until I started playing it like Berserker with a gun where you just run mindlessly into enemies and pop heads and now it's a preferred class for me.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I've been using Commando a lot lately and have settled into a system where I have one gun on semi-auto that I use to click heads, then another one on full auto for when things get too close and/or need to die faster. At the end of a game I like to have the SCAR for headshots and the AK for magdumping. The 20 round mag does suck but with the faster reload perk it isn't terrible, especially if you fire down to empty each time which actually plays a different, faster reload animation since your character doesn't try to keep the half-empty mag.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Theta Zero posted:

Get a buddy (Firebug or Berserker) to stand on the opposite side of the woodchipper and pull the lever when zeds clump up.

lol i soloed it as a berserker by just shoving a bloat into it.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Gromit posted:

Unfortunately not.

I'm wrong! They still have an opinion on their deliciousness.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Gromit posted:

I'm wrong! They still have an opinion on their deliciousness.

Huh I wonder how it's gonna interact with my KF1 speech mod then.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Steam said it patched KF2 before it would let me launch, and while I didn't see anything on the News page I did notice these from a post on the 13th:

{TM}Yoshiro posted:

the Mac10 SMG will be joining the arsenal in the early part of next year!
and

{TM}Yoshiro posted:

You, the community said you wanted an Endless mode

I'll be interested to see how they do an Endless Mode. I've played on modded servers with higher player counts and it always seems to devolve into Berserkers and Medics kiting the last 100 zeds for 20 minutes each wave. Not sure how to avoid that but I sure hope they do!

Also last week I finally got my last HoE map achievement in what was also the longest game of KF2 I've ever played. We kept wiping leaving 2 hero medics to kite 150 zeds like 3 waves in a row.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OB2qIi921Zg

109 minutes... it was a Christmas miracle :shobon:

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

Takes No Damage posted:

I'll be interested to see how they do an Endless Mode. I've played on modded servers with higher player counts and it always seems to devolve into Berserkers and Medics kiting the last 100 zeds for 20 minutes each wave. Not sure how to avoid that but I sure hope they do!

Defend an objective would stop endless kiting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

DatonKallandor posted:

Defend an objective would stop endless kiting.

I assume an endless wave means no trader - just respawning ammo boxes. The longer the game goes on, the longer it takes for ammo to respawn.

All classes except berserkers run out of steam when they run out of ammo for their top tier weapons. You can't kill scrakes and fleshpounds with the 9mm pistol in a timely manner.

For berserkers have sawblades break after a certain number of shots. Eventually they run out of sawblades and gas and are SOL.