Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
no its a new effect that just got added to the heart+ awakening recently

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

boo_radley posted:

Hold the gently caress up, hearts proc tpa? What the actual gently caress, I've been paying for years and never knew that.

Yeah it's a recent buff to the enhanced hearts awakenings to behave like a TPA, match 4 and get a 1.5x RCV multiplier on the card. With LHeradra you can run RApollo who has 1k RCV and two heart enhances, and some people are using Mel as a RCV stick for teams like Rushana.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Aha, I was wondering why heart orbs had started being fancy sometimes but didn't know where to check

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
So I got a Diara from the JP OSC. What're the good team setups for her?

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

SweetJahasus posted:

So I got a Diara from the JP OSC. What're the good team setups for her?

asides from that it's basically I MAKE FIRE

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

dragon enthusiast posted:

asides from that it's basically I MAKE FIRE

This is good, I have those things except the Ilmina. Assuming a Revo Leilan may not be a bad choice as well.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
just so we're clear the only reason you lead with those monsters is for their 7x6 board change

you DO have a rii or whatever the new jp leader swap fuckbait is, right

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

just so we're clear the only reason you lead with those monsters is for their 7x6 board change

you DO have a rii or whatever the new jp leader swap fuckbait is, right

Oh, no and no. I just meant I have a Diara and now I need to know what kinda subs to dump in her team as I pair her with Diablos or Ilmina like a scrub who has no whalebait.

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

I got 2 Li's so i was thinking on making a Kenshin team but don't have Ilmina. Still worth it?

Do have tsubakis, ilm, gadius, revo leilan and 1 Xiahou Dun (lead for 7*6??)

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

madstrike posted:

I got 2 Li's so i was thinking on making a Kenshin team but don't have Ilmina. Still worth it?

Do have tsubakis, ilm, gadius, revo leilan and 1 Xiahou Dun (lead for 7*6??)

Sure go ahead, as long as you have a 7x6 leader it''ll work. Just remember that you need to stall for a long-rear end time.

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

trucutru posted:

Sure go ahead, as long as you have a 7x6 leader it''ll work. Just remember that you need to stall for a long-rear end time.

Yeah, that's the reason i'm a bit doubtful about it :s

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
nah a good 7x6 lead is pretty important. you can do plenty of damage with a decent 7x6 lead and a cross leader. i don't even stall in alt arena anymore, just push through with ilmina/diara until swap is up.

if you use a lovely 7x6 leader and NEED to stall to do anything, you're going to hate yourself. id say at least 4x damage is required.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
p.s. this is my alt arena team. 10x god killer damage on ilmina means i only need two crosses to one shot metatron and kali, so pretty reliable overall. has some big advantages over rushana like being able to stall on gaia, but way more punishing because missing a 7 combo while you're setting up crosses means you die in most cases

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
only 58mil lol git gud scrub

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
So the next event has... Gold Dragons? And Droidragon? Did I suddenly travel back in time to 2014 or something?

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

only 58mil lol git gud scrub

I'll have you know i hit the damage cap on metatron on that run :smug:

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

DaveWoo posted:

So the next event has... Gold Dragons? And Droidragon? Did I suddenly travel back in time to 2014 or something?

Maybe it's my fault for showing up from about that time period :(

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
you're gonna want a droid dragon for an upcoming ranking dungeon, if you sold all your previous ones

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

What's the best way to grind out some awakenings these days? Tamadra Coin dungeon? Waiting for the hourly Tamadra dungeon?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

delfin posted:

2) Challenge Mode (the your leader + a bunch of friend subs) mode is now Tri-Monster Mode, where you try to clear stuff with your leader + two subs + friend leader. Take a look at your Normal tab and see if all the stars are empty now. If they are, that's a ton of cheap stones to plow through.

Just getting back to part of your post and hey, every star is empty. So I guess I can play all those old levels again and get used to comboing like I used to be able to and get a bunch of free stones to boot. Thanks :)

The Biggest Jerk
Nov 25, 2012
Is it worth it to roll on the dragon caller rem?

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

Almost all the golds are good roleplayers, so yea sure (the 3x killers are situational, but fantastic in those situations)

Doesn't sound worth it to whale though

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Infinite Karma posted:

What's the best way to grind out some awakenings these days? Tamadra Coin dungeon? Waiting for the hourly Tamadra dungeon?

Tamadra carnival just started today. Otherwise just wait for the weekly rotation dungeon.

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

3 shiny eggs from dragon caller REM ... 3 Li's :smith: what the gently caress

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Also rolled a ali this morning. She have any actual use?

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

Seems to be used as an inherit for those 7*6 teams. Inherit on the leader you want (Kenshin, Anubis, BlueHunter?) and start dungeon with a 7*6 monster (Ilmina, Diablos?, Ganesha(not 7*6)) then swap after waiting a long rear end time. So you have Anubis x Anubis/Kenshin x Kenshin on a 7*6 board or a "normal" team that gets tons of xp / gold after they swapped from Ganesha.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Infinite Karma posted:

You can get Tamas from the PAL machine this week.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

ooo, tama pal is back? nice, I need about a billion of those at this point

The Biggest Jerk posted:

Is it worth it to roll on the dragon caller rem?

yea everything in it has at least a niche use. the only really disappointing card to get is kulia if you don't use dathena anymore

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Manatee Cannon posted:

ooo, tama pal is back? nice, I need about a billion of those at this point

yea everything in it has at least a niche use. the only really disappointing card to get is kulia if you don't use dathena anymore

Even if you do still use DAthena on occasion, she's pretty disappointing because she's total dogshit. I guess if you are using stupid terrible subs like Satsuki it could be useful?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

double sbr and a 7c aren't dogshit for dathena, especially if you don't have loki

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Manatee Cannon posted:

double sbr and a 7c aren't dogshit for dathena, especially if you don't have loki

Ehh, yeah I guess. DAthena is TPA though, building around 7c you're better off with many many many other leaders.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

SweetJahasus posted:

Ehh, yeah I guess. DAthena is TPA though, building around 7c you're better off with many many many other leaders.

?????

Like Haku is tpa+7c

K's just an alternative to Loki for double SBR.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Zo posted:

nah a good 7x6 lead is pretty important. you can do plenty of damage with a decent 7x6 lead and a cross leader. i don't even stall in alt arena anymore, just push through with ilmina/diara until swap is up.

if you use a lovely 7x6 leader and NEED to stall to do anything, you're going to hate yourself. id say at least 4x damage is required.

I don't think he wants to farm stuff with it, just use the team to clear stuff that he couldn't otherwise from time to time. In that case stalling for a billion turns is ok.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Kulia's a decent 7c + time extend sub for my alt's Anublos team when the account is lacking anything with 2 7c awakenings.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

got a Nees who looks cool with some crazy high stats, but they have forgotten 2/3 of her awakenings. sad!

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Adolf Glitter posted:

got a Nees who looks cool with some crazy high stats, but they have forgotten 2/3 of her awakenings. sad!

Someone encouraged me to consider that she just has some invisible team HP+ awakenings, and maybe a useless prong or row on a cross lead. She's fixed!

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Olothreutes posted:

Someone encouraged me to consider that she just has some invisible team HP+ awakenings, and maybe a useless prong or row on a cross lead. She's fixed!

Haha, nothing would surprise me.

I watched some A3 videos and she can put out about 22m herself. But only really if you do 3 crosses, so that's me out. I can't do A3 anyway, probably never will, and even 2 crosses are a bit :effort: for my lazy arse
gently caress, even 1 cross is saved for special occasions

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Ha, got a Weld today and thought they'd hosed up the evo somehow but he's an Assist. I thought they were all equipment looking things.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

McDragon posted:

Ha, got a Weld today and thought they'd hosed up the evo somehow but he's an Assist. I thought they were all equipment looking things.

I've rolled two rathios and even considering the great stats it has, it's disappointing. The only thing that'd make it worthwhile is if I could stack assists to get (Rathios+Rathios)Solais.m

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

hey man, rathios isn't that bad. while it'd be better if it made rows instead of columns, its active guarantees full activation for stuff like ilm, yog, or enra and gives you 4 guaranteed combos on top of a slight damage reduction for tanking. the light rows are nice for some leads and rathios is the only equip in the game that gives a finger outside of the fma collab that we probably won't get

it's not as good as weld but that's to be expected

McDragon posted:

what nearly hosed me up with him is that his level cap is only 50. nearly wasted a snowglobe on him