Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

veni veni veni posted:

Woah, Witchfire looks dope. I was internally cracking a joke in my head that it looked like the vanishing of Dark Souls but then it took a couple of turns I didn't expect.

Yeah, that was one hell of a swerve. Dark Souls FPS by the people who made Bulletstorm? gently caress yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Ciaphas posted:

hot take: death stranding will be kojima's "oh i guess he did kinda need an editor" swan song

He's made more than one of those already.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

"oh I guess kojima did need an editor" is already a game and it's called metal gear solid 4

Awesome! posted:

i dont care what it is just give it to me

ok it's a visual novel but half of it is missing and you have to make up what happens on your own

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

fine. thats basically a souls story anyway

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Policenaut posted:

Yeah, that was one hell of a swerve. Dark Souls FPS by the people who made Bulletstorm? gently caress yes.

Stop, can only get so erect, etc

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Witchfire looked like painkillers first episode and i like that

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

This really is the best trailer. it was funnier not knowing the shotgun was coming out though.The thumbnail kind of ruins it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jk841g4SQGY

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Awesome! posted:

fine. thats basically a souls story anyway

that was the joke yes

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

P5 seems fun and hella stylish from the hour you're allowed to play while the rest downloads. Couldn't tell from the little tutorial dungeon -- is this the kind of RPG where you're rewarded for exploring every nook and cranny of the world (or just the dungeons) with items or secrets or can you more or less just head for the objectives?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

"From the makers of vanish of ethan..."
Booo...

"And painkiller..."
...yay!!

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

TFRazorsaw posted:

does anyone have any idea what Death Stranding is supposed to be about because I sure as hell don't
It's an open world third person shooter where the online community pieces together the narrative and game puzzles like PT. You play Norman in a coma who thinks he is trying to save his baby boy by taking down 5 angels. When in reality, he's being manipulated by Del Toro and fed lines to do his bidding while in this alternative reality. Your mission is to take down the 5 angels/ludens which are played by other famous actors. The player questions good and evil, the origin of man, and all that esoteric/exoteric fun conspiracy theory/mystery school stuff. In the end you realize you are the bad guy when it's already too late.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Manatee Cannon posted:

that was the joke yes

idgi

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

P5 seems fun and hella stylish from the hour you're allowed to play while the rest downloads. Couldn't tell from the little tutorial dungeon -- is this the kind of RPG where you're rewarded for exploring every nook and cranny of the world (or just the dungeons) with items or secrets or can you more or less just head for the objectives?

Play it how you feel. Take your time as they say

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Was NITW too woke or not woke enough?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

there are treasure you can find that are just random poo poo to sell. there are treasure chests you can find that have items that are sometimes quite good and sometimes whatever. the dungeons are designed so that you don't have to go out of the way much to 100% them but they're not linear either, which is a nice blend in my opinion

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

is the hellblade girl wearing her mocap suit or is that a fashion choice?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

there are some locked chests in every palace that you need to craft lockpicks at your place to open, that's probably the closest thing to that

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

These awards are late capitalism at its worst

But I can’t stop watching

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I really had no idea that the dudes that made Vanishing of Ethan Carter also made Bulletstorm and Painkiller.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

veni veni veni posted:

I really had no idea that the dudes that made Vanishing of Ethan Carter also made Bulletstorm and Painkiller.

Its a colab

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Did metro get a date? My stream died

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

That's what I thought too, but reading up on it, no it's not. The same three people that founded People Can Fly later became the Astronauts.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Dreams looks bonkers.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

veni veni veni posted:

That's what I thought too, but reading up on it, no it's not. The same three people that founded People Can Fly later became the Astronauts.

drat!

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

Did metro get a date? My stream died

kinda, fall 2018

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

veni veni veni posted:

They didn't. Vanishing was by a new studio with some people that worked on the other two (though, importantly, that included the former studio head).

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

So, the same three people founded both studios, and worked on all of those games, but they didn't make them :confused:

I specified that in my post after. I wasn't implying that only 3 people worked on those games.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Shocking email from amazon about my FF7 pre-order:

quote:

Final Fantasy VII: Remake - PlayStation 4"
Estimated arrival date: December 31, 2018”

So I guess I’ll wait until this time next year when I get the annual “lol sorry next December” email

I know it’s a placeholder I just feel like we won’t see this game for 10 years. I do believe it will come out, there’s too much $ to gain (I think at least)

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it'll come out in the same way ff15 did: a hot mess that someone else needs to fix posthumously

just like kingdom hearts 3

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

veni veni veni posted:

So, the same three people founded both studios, and worked on all of those games, but they didn't make them :confused:

I specified that in my post after. I wasn't implying that only 3 people worked on those games.

That is what your first post read like (not literally 3 people, but the same team). I didn't see your follow up.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

https://twitter.com/SunhiLegend/status/938997550861860870

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
You can tell Kojima doesn't really stray away from his MGS roots. Even the way cutscenes are directed is 1:1 in the style of Phantom Pain

Or rather MGS has always been a testing ground for his ideas because Konami doesn't give him any money to do other games.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Thanks for the P5 answers, it seems like a rad game that makes me glad I bought a Playstation instead of an Xbox several years ago when I made my console decision from scratch not owning one for a few generations.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
So did HZD sweep everything and Nier get snubbed every time?

Renoistic posted:

Random question. I think I remember Haley Joel Osment talking about the writing in Kingdom Hearts during an interview. That he saw the Square employees desperately trying to piece together a story from Nomura's insane ramblings, and saying something to the effect of 'and that's when I realized video games are art.'

Is that quote real? I can't find anything about it but I have livid memories of reading it a long time ago.
The quote is real, it's from a Reddit AmA he did. However judging from his immediate reply to that he may have been joking.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

HZD didn't win anything, actually. Nier did get best soundtrack.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Oh wow, that's a surprise. At least Nier got the one category it should have. Competition was pretty close this year though, but guess new franchises can't really compete with something like Zelda anyway.

I realize these are dumb, glorified and pointless awards but I still can't totally convince myself to not care about them.

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
Hideo is the craziest man on this earth.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Do not like the excessively swamp green color palette of witchfire. Everything else though :discourse:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

el oso posted:

Hideo is the craziest man on this earth.

I'm pretty sure the guy that is directing "a way out" has him beat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

that guy isnt crazy he was just very obviously on uppers