Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I've got 262 mythril right now (with a few left to get from the event and the DU, so I'm not completely tapped out), and my rough pulling plan (excluding luckies) is currently:

Maybe a couple pulls on the festival banners if they look good
OK USB
Orlandeau USB
maaaaybe the first VIII banner?

and then everything else is going towards Third Anniversary. Should have enough to spread out between all of those with all the mythril we earn in the intervening time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
Vivi can be made to quadcast any black magic. It's simple as USB, LM2 trance mode, and a dualcast RM.

I took him in to Sealion for testing. Even sacrificing a damage boosting RM, he was hitting quad 9s even on Chain Firaga. So when that quadcast proc happened, well I won't soon forget a black mage doing 160,000 damage just like that. Too bad that the setup is a bit impractical because the odds still aren't good.

Still, with USB+LM2, you're looking at a 50% chance to triple cast.

Note that this isn't strictly better than just using only his trance mode! Reason being, the USB throws you into guaranteed doublecast at the cost of using two hones for each cast. You're going to get 8 hits, but it's going to cost you twice as much. With only his trance mode active, you've got a 50% chance to get 8 hits at the cost of only one hone. So, the total damage output from LM2-only is always going to be higher if you get perfect RNG. But, if you're seriously looking into pushing your clear times under 20 seconds, chances are you're only going to need two or three uses of any ability before what you're fighting is dead anyway, and USB+LM2 is really good for making GBS threads out damage really, really fast.

Vivi used Meltdown 3 times here, and that was all that was required.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
another event and no MCIII lode thing

goddamnit I need some, I have like 5 characters I need to turn to 99

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Shoenin posted:

another event and no MCIII lode thing

goddamnit I need some, I have like 5 characters I need to turn to 99

MC3 lodes are always in the Ultimate boss, the 160 diff one. We get one per week outside special events.

In FFTA it is there as it should be. And for IX we get the bonus battles on Sunday, so it'll be there.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
Oh wait, I havent finished the FFTA ones

Guess I totally spaced out on when they came out with these battles. Thanks for the reminder!

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Threw a 3-pull at the IX banner with the last of my mythril and the game rewarded my poor choices with Eiko's LMR.

So as much as I'd like to keep trying for Garnet's LMR or Vivi's stuff I really can't justify pulling on a banner with 8/12 dupes. I'll just have to try again in the next IX event, it's just a shame that it directly follows VIII.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

All classic story dungeons done. Man, not too long ago 150 stamina felt like something I'd never have. Definite QOL improvement.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I would love something relevant for Vivi but I've struck out. Alas, such is the way.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

I know stat buffs can stack if they're not identical, is that the same for crit damage? Will Zack's Lucky Stars wind chain combine with Ramza's Chant for 250% crit damage? For that matter, if I used Lucky Stars (50% ATK, crit boost) and then Battle Cry (50% ATK, Haste) would only the attacks not stack or would one completely nullify the effects of the other?

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
I just needed a list for a reference for planning my IX pulls, thought it might help people. Dates are estimates assuming the same event order as Japan with the first few taken from reddit.

• XIII (Dec 14) - Ice Focus with Snow, Noel and Serah // Hope, Sazh USBs
  • XII (Dec 21) - Ashe, Balthier USB, Larsa, Reks BSBs // Meh. Basch, Gabby USB + Vaan BSB
  • VI (Jan 04) - Fire Focus with Locke and Terra // Fire Chain with Strago and Sabin
  • III (Jan 11) - Onion USB, CoDs Party Doom BSB, Ingus's Earth Radiant Shield BSB
  • 0 (Jan 23) - Rem (offensive WHT), Machina (earth spellblade), Deuce // Queen (lightning spellblade), Ace (new OSB) and Nine
  • XIV (Jan 30) - Haurchefant (Cover Knight), Estinien (Wind Dragoon), Alph and Minifilia // Ysayle (Ice Mage & Summoner), Cid, Yda and Papalymo + Y'sh BSB
  • I (Feb 06) - Sarah, Garland, Master USB, Echo BSB2 // Garland and WoL Chains, Matoya USB, Thief BSB
  • T (Feb 13) - Orlandeau, Marche, Alma, Ramza BSB2, LMR // Mustadio, Meliadoul, Agrias USB, Ramza USB, Chant SSB
  • VIII (Feb 20) - Rinoa, Irvine, Fujin USB // Squall, Laguna, Selphie USB, BSB2
  • IX (Feb 27) - Freya, Beatrix, Quina, Zidane // Kuja, Vivi, Garnet
  • V (Mar 06) - Galuf, Dorgaan, Xezat (Ice Spellblade), Kelger (Earth Ninja) // Krile, Exdeath USBs
  • XII (Mar 13) - Vayne, Larsa, Reks, Ashe // Gabranth, Vaan OSB & USB
  • II (Mar 20) - Guy, Minwu new offensive USB, BSB, Maria's Vivi USB clone // Josef, Firion, Gordon
  • 3rd Anniversary - March 26
  • X (Mar 27) - Tidus UOSSB, FSB, Rikku USB2 (Imperil Water), Yuna Summon USB, Healing USB // Seymour USB, Dark Chain, Jecht
  • XIII (Apr 03) - Raines, Nabaat, Vanille, Hope + Noel BSB2 and LMR2 // Fang, Snow, Raines OSB
  • III (Apr 10) - Arc, Ingus, Aria, OK (physical) USB
  • 0 (Apr 17) [Heavy Combat School Introduced] - King (Lightning Machinist), Cinque (Earth Heavy and Realm's Support 5), Rem (first WHT OSB) // Nine, Machina, Queen
  • VI (Apr 24) - Locke UOSSB, FSB, Edgar, Celes // Leo, Terra, Relm + Locke Chain
  • XV (May 1) - Ignis (Fire Sharpshooter/Thief), Iris, Aranea, Noctis

pichupal fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Dec 9, 2017

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Bruceski posted:

I know stat buffs can stack if they're not identical, is that the same for crit damage? Will Zack's Lucky Stars wind chain combine with Ramza's Chant for 250% crit damage? For that matter, if I used Lucky Stars (50% ATK, crit boost) and then Battle Cry (50% ATK, Haste) would only the attacks not stack or would one completely nullify the effects of the other?
The buff combinations on Lucky Stars and Battle Cry are separate; +ATK is separate from haste which is separate from +crit damage%. There would be no stacking for the examples you gave.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Wow February 13th for Orlandeau? I thought that was supposed to be in January. I'll have a fuckton of mythril by then.

I might just throw a pull at the OK banner then.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Bruceski posted:

There are 2 types of crit buffs:

+Crit Chance (AKA Critfix)
+Crit Damage

Crit buffs are a separate "effect" from other stat buffs, just like shell, protect, wall, haste, etc. Crit buffs of the same type do not stack, they overwrite. In your example, Lucky Stars and Chant do not stack. Different example:

Cloud USB = 100% crit chance
Eiko BSB = 50% crit chance

If you had Cloud cast his USB, then followed with Eiko's BSB, Cloud's crit chance would be 50%; the critfix buff from Eiko BSB overwrote the critfix buff from Cloud USB.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Plus, even if we do eventually see a case of a crit buff on a seperate ID, it would still overwrite. Reason being that Crit Fixes, as the name implies, actually fix your crit value to a specific amount and don't actually add anything. So instead of Cloud USB being +100% Crit, it's actually Critical Rate = 100%.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Plus, even if we do eventually see a case of a crit buff on a seperate ID, it would still overwrite. Reason being that Crit Fixes, as the name implies, actually fix your crit value to a specific amount and don't actually add anything. So instead of Cloud USB being +100% Crit, it's actually Critical Rate = 100%.

Except that the ones I cited are both crit damage, which is what I didn't know about. Some folks online were talking about stacking that and it wasn't clear to me why it would. Upon rereading it looks like they meant that an ability with increased crit damage would still get increased crit damage from Chant or Lucky Stars but not both.

iPodschun posted:

The buff combinations on Lucky Stars and Battle Cry are separate; +ATK is separate from haste which is separate from +crit damage%. There would be no stacking for the examples you gave.

Gotcha. So in general are buffs treated in separate groups of (stat boosts) (haste) (protect) (wall) (et cetera) unless specifically addressed in the ability as "and grants the user Special Exception EX Mode. Special Exception does blahblahblah)?

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

I am a smart man. :downs:

My bad.

To (hopefully) answer your latest question though you basically got it. Stat buffs (minus crit related things) are the only things that really stack with each other, depending on them affecting different combinations of stats.

Proshellga stacks both with Wall and +DEF or +RES effects (ie Strago's Mighty Guard is Proshellga + 100% RES), although you will go soaring past the soft cap most of the time.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Bruceski posted:

Except that the ones I cited are both crit damage, which is what I didn't know about. Some folks online were talking about stacking that and it wasn't clear to me why it would. Upon rereading it looks like they meant that an ability with increased crit damage would still get increased crit damage from Chant or Lucky Stars but not both.

That's correct. Using Delita's BSB commands with Ramza's Chant buff would make his crits do 2.5x damage.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Just beat mist dragon for the first time. Yay me.

What's the dark dragon strat for skipping the fang move? I know it involves entrusting Orlandeau OSB but I can't find a full team list anywhere :(

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I am a smart man. :downs:

My bad.

If it wasn't an easy mixup to make, I wouldn't have had to ask about it. And yeah you confirmed my other interpretation, thanks.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
I just started playing a few days ago. I'm gathering Final Fantasy friends and fighting bad guys!
I didn't think a phone game could be this overwhelming though. There seems to be a lot to work towards.
...and deciding whether or not to blow all this mythril...

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

I just started playing a few days ago. I'm gathering Final Fantasy friends and fighting bad guys!
I didn't think a phone game could be this overwhelming though. There seems to be a lot to work towards.

Always never always pull.

And yeah, this can get a bit overwhelming if you try to take in everything at once. Start out focusing on the story missions for stamina, and the event missions as far up as you can handle (probably gonna be the first five even as a beginner, more if you ride on some good Roaming Warrior summons). "What you have" is more important than "what you could in theory get." Info about buff stacking and such only comes into play once you have multiple relic options. Ignore anything about magicites entirely, by the time that becomes relevant to you it'll be the last thing you need to learn about.

And above all, enjoy the trip. If the units you like are also top tier, great! If they're not you can still use them, great!

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Elephant Ambush posted:

What's the dark dragon strat for skipping the fang move? I know it involves entrusting Orlandeau OSB but I can't find a full team list anywhere :(

If you have Cait Sith's BSB, you can cast that right away, entrust Orlandeau, and as long as he crits with his OSB and you have someone else to cast guardbringer or something, you can bypass it. I think you need to do 114k damage within about 10.5 seconds to make him not use it. I know there's some other strats involving legend dived Shelke and probably some others, but basically most of them revolve around getting Orlandeau's OSB to somehow crit for max damage or close enough.

tbh it's way less stressful to just bring someone like Ramza to cast Shout and then eat it, or Shelke to wrath, wrath, entrust then die. As long as you can pick up enough steam to avoid his second Black Fang (which is pretty easy), he doesn't actually throw out that much damage.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Welcome!

Blow all your mythril on the FFTA banner that features Ramza, Agrias, and Marche. Unlock all 3 of those characters in the event and build your A team around them. That banner is the best one we'll see for a while and it has tons of fantastic stuff for new players.

Also join the discord listed in the OP and hang out with us. There's a dedicated new player help channel and we do raids together and give each other team building advice. It's a good discord.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

If you have Cait Sith's BSB, you can cast that right away, entrust Orlandeau, and as long as he crits with his OSB and you have someone else to cast guardbringer or something, you can bypass it. I think you need to do 114k damage within about 10.5 seconds to make him not use it. I know there's some other strats involving legend dived Shelke and probably some others, but basically most of them revolve around getting Orlandeau's OSB to somehow crit for max damage or close enough.

tbh it's way less stressful to just bring someone like Ramza to cast Shout and then eat it, or Shelke to wrath, wrath, entrust then die. As long as you can pick up enough steam to avoid his second Black Fang (which is pretty easy), he doesn't actually throw out that much damage.

I have Cait Sith BSB. Any idea what the rest of the team is?

I have everything for Ramza except Shout2 so I could do that too and I've been considering LDing Shelke anyway.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Elephant Ambush posted:

Welcome!

Blow all your mythril on the FFTA banner that features Ramza, Agrias, and Marche. Unlock all 3 of those characters in the event and build your A team around them. That banner is the best one we'll see for a while and it has tons of fantastic stuff for new players.

Also join the discord listed in the OP and hang out with us. There's a dedicated new player help channel and we do raids together and give each other team building advice. It's a good discord.

I have Cait Sith BSB. Any idea what the rest of the team is?

I have everything for Ramza except Shout2 so I could do that too and I've been considering LDing Shelke anyway.

Found it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5f6DR-HlmQ

Now that I look at it again I don't even think their Shelke is dived, looks like this was done before her dive even became available in global.

It's also a sub-30 clear so if you're just looking to beat it period then you should have a lot of wiggle room.

Bubba Fuzz
May 3, 2009

Fister Roboto posted:

Chant is extremely good in combination with Cloud's USB, which you can RW. Together they more than double one character's damage for 15 seconds, not to mention the party bubble effect.

Here's the party I'd suggest:

Ramza - Full Break, Wrath - Battleforged RM
Red XIII - Power Breakdown, Magic Breakdown - Dr. Mog's Teachings RM
Sephiroth - Lifesiphon, Crimson Cross - your best +damage RM
Yang - Lifesiphon, Meteor Crush - your best +damage RM
Rosa - Protectga, Shellga - Mako Might RM
Ultra Cross Slash for RW

Lifesiphon Yang and Seph up to one bar, use their second BSB commands, pop the RW on them, and then watch as enormous numbers fly out of your screen and the enemy evaporates before your eyes. If you run out of hones you can fall back on their first BSB commands.

Crimson Cross and Meteor Crush are definitely the best abilities to use for this setup for bosses that don't resist earth or dark, so definitely hone those up to at least R2 ASAP. Until then you can use Barrage or their first BSB commands.

If you're taking too much damage to survive, take Tyro's Sentinel Grimoire or Y'shtola's Stoneskin II as RW instead.

This is awesome. Thank you.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Found it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5f6DR-HlmQ

Now that I look at it again I don't even think their Shelke is dived, looks like this was done before her dive even became available in global.

It's also a sub-30 clear so if you're just looking to beat it period then you should have a lot of wiggle room.

Thanks!

I probably can't do sub 30 because I don't have Agrias OSB but I can absolutely roll that strat or a variation on it. I just need to hone Guardbringer and I'm cool with doing that.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Elephant Ambush posted:

Welcome!

That is a good discord and I will join it! And ask dumb questions!

Except for this one here: I don't see that banner though, the FFTA one. :saddowns:

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

That is a good discord and I will join it! And ask dumb questions!

Except for this one here: I don't see that banner though, the FFTA one. :saddowns:

Under Relic Draw it's the 4th one from the top.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Since the realm dungeons are changing should I be burning through them as quickly as possible? I think I have like 30 classic dungeons left and probably 95% of the elites.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

The Moon Monster posted:

Since the realm dungeons are changing should I be burning through them as quickly as possible? I think I have like 30 classic dungeons left and probably 95% of the elites.

The new stuff, whenever it hits, is almost certainly going to be "in addition to" rather than "instead of". It hasn't even hit JP yet, just getting promoted.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Elephant Ambush posted:

A lot of it might come down to who else you have.

I run
Orlandeau - r2 Powerchain, R2 Saint Cross | Truthseeker (Cloud 99 RM) | OSB
Onion Knight - r5 Wrath, r2 Entrust | DMT | N/A ; Shelke is probably a better choice. OK's speed at 99 is 175, and Shelke's is 183 at 93.
LD Agrias - r2 Divine Cross, R4 Guardbringer | Azure Blade (Cecil 99 RM) | USB, OSB, LMR ;You could probably use her BSB and/or substitute Beatrix if you have her SBs
Ramza - r5 Wrath, r2 Entrust | MM | BSB2, LMR ; USB would be a bonus but not mandatory, Can get away with Shout since he's an entrust bot anyways
FF1 Sarah - r4 Protectga, r2 Cureda | Gathering Storm | BSB for Magic Blink ; Wrathin' Rosa could possibly work, but Sarah makes it easy

RW: Wall; Magicite: Endiku

Turn 1 is always Cid using Powerchain, OK entrusting him, Agrias using Divine Cross, Ramza buffing with Boostga and Sarah dropping Wall
Turn 2 Cid uses OSB, OK wraths, Agrias uses Guardbringer, Ramza wraths, Sarah casts Protectga - Fang is pretty much skipped!

From there:
If Cid's SB bar is low, have him use Saint's Cross. If it's very close to filling a bar, use powerchain instead. OSB whenever you can.
OK can entrust even partial bars to Sarah to get her BSB started and she'll keep the party up. Otherwise, SB can be fed to Orlandeau or even Agrias
I have Agrias USB for enholy and knight damage. If I get her extra meter I spend on an OSB, and she usually caps damage late.
Ramza wraths and entrusts. When reapplying the buff, if you have the USB it might be worth using that over boostga because of insta-cast.
Sarah applies mitigation and heals, whether it's Cureda, BSB or using Endiku. Using the BSB medica gives extra staying power on top of the magic blink and she'll generally keep the party out of trouble.

There's a few ways to skin this cat; it's the one I use.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
Pulled again for Trance Garnet rear end

Got dupe her LMR helm and Eiko's BSB, so I now have a Healer BSB. Im ok with this.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

I pulled twice more on FF9 to celebrate beating classic story. Garnet's SSB dress twice and Steiner's SSB armor.

Always never pull.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."

Bruceski posted:

Always never pull.

Sage, sage wisdom.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Got my Bismarck sub-30 thanks to Garnet's Legend Dive (and having her USB didn't hurt, either). Now I can farm Major Summons.

If I pulled the plug on a couple more Dives I could probably sub-30 Mist Dragon and maybe Shadow Dragon, hmm.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

pichupal posted:

I just needed a list for a reference for planning my IX pulls, thought it might help people. Dates are estimates with the first few taken from reddit.

Bolded part bears repeating. Everything after the FF3/Onion Knight event is subject to change. In particular, they may delay or do some fuckery with the FF1 event due to us not having Meia, so Orlandeau could hit earlier.

Or they could slam Orlandeau right up before 3rd Anniversary to try to siphon all our mythril away, same they did with Rubicante's event and that Edge USB/Rosa USB chase banner.

tl;dr: Just a reminder to not take these as gospel until the dates are datamined, but as a suggestion/guideline assuming we've got the same event order as Japan did.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Agreed. Went back and edited the post a little to make it a bit more clear.

I just needed a vague idea of what events and banners were close by to each other, and get a baseline guess at what events will fall around 3rd Anniversary since that date is fixed.

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

Yes! I knew a sub 30 was possible! Garnet's faithga SSB plus being able to dive her for Allegro con Moto gave me the speed I needed. DPS is Vivi with LM2 and LMR, and Terra with enfire SSB and OSB. With his LMR, Vivi was hitting for 8k without a damage up RM, so he got Thunder God mode instead.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Blegh, got Shadow Dragon and Mist Dragon both down to 33-35 seconds depending on double procs, now I just have to do a bunch of tinkering to see if I can bring that down at all.

I still need to level up a shitload of magicite to get the bonuses from that, but I'm afraid to use any of the arcana on them because everyone that plays JP keeps talking about how much of a pain in the dick leveling up the 4* magicite will be.

Shadow Dragon is especially weird because I can't really figure out who to bring to maximize my damage. My options are basically:

Marche with USB + BSB
Ramza with Shout, full dive
Cid Raines with BSB, full dive
Beatrix with BSB, full dive
Orlandeau with OSB

+ a healer (using Yshtola right now)

My strat so far is letting Ramza use Shout and then eating a black fang, but I can't figure out which 3 DPS characters to bring. Marche's USB is crazy good but seems much less impressive if I don't bring Orlandeau and Beatrix along, since Ramza will be dead and Cid doesn't benefit. Cid's damage is also insanely good, especially on double procs. Beatrix is a little slow to get started but doublecasting Guardbringers does a shitload of damage once it's up and running.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Shadow Dragon is especially weird because I can't really figure out who to bring to maximize my damage. My options are basically:

Marche with USB + BSB
Ramza with Shout, full dive
Cid Raines with BSB, full dive
Beatrix with BSB, full dive
Orlandeau with OSB

+ a healer (using Yshtola right now)

My strat so far is letting Ramza use Shout and then eating a black fang, but I can't figure out which 3 DPS characters to bring. Marche's USB is crazy good but seems much less impressive if I don't bring Orlandeau and Beatrix along, since Ramza will be dead and Cid doesn't benefit. Cid's damage is also insanely good, especially on double procs. Beatrix is a little slow to get started but doublecasting Guardbringers does a shitload of damage once it's up and running.

Bring Marche (once you dive him) or Beatrix with Divine Cross/Guardbringer, Orlandeau with Dark Bargain (to aim Black Fang if need be), Ramza for Shout and as an entrust bot, and a second WHT4/SUP5 (Larsa, OK, Edward) to cover the half of Proshellga that your healer doesn't cover. The fifth party member has three roles:
  • Drop their first gauge (through MM/DMT) onto Orlandeau for immediate Thunder God mode
  • Plunk down Protectga or Shellga while your healer is doing the opposite
  • Die, if you can't rush the damage threshold. If you can, great! They'll still be mostly useless but they can use their turns doing things like popping Enkidu or re-upping Wall if you're afraid you won't fit it in 30s.

The hardest part is the first 10s, the setup is incredibly rigid for me with no wiggle room. I admittedly need Ramza's BSB2 CMD1 in order to consistently keep all five party members alive (which in turn is what makes the sub-30 consistent since my dead weight can entrust another 3/4ths of a gauge to Cid about halfway through), but it also works with a doublecast proc on the initial Divine Cross/Guardbringer.

My setup is as follows:
Onion Knight (Shellga/Entrust/Mako Might)
Beatrix (Divine Cross/Guardbringer/Cecil's Lv99 +Holy RM, has BSB)
Orlandeau (Saint Cross/Dark Bargain/Cloud's Lv99 +Sword RM, has OSB)
Ramza (Wrath/Entrust/Dr Mog's Teachings, has Shoutburst)
Y'shtola (Curada/Protectga/Gathering Storm, has BSB)

Turn 1, OK entrusts to Cid, Ysh drops Fabula Guardian, Ramza drops Battle Cry (Shout works fine), Cid waits until he has gauge then pops OSB, Beatrix waits until Ramza's SB is about half charged then drops DC to hit right after Shout. Shadow Dragon smacks someone at random.

Turn 2, Shadow Dragon uses Dark Breath. OK pops Shellga, Ysh pops Protectga, Ramza uses CMD1 (or uses Wrath, in the old setup), Cid smacks OK with Dark Bargain, Beatrix uses Guardbringer.

Turn 3, Yshtola heals someone with Curada, and by this point, either someone is dying from Black Fang (OK, if everything went right) or the dragon starts charging up Savage Black Fang, in which case the fight starts in earnest.

At that point, it's just feeding Cid gauge with Ramza (and OK if he survived) to churn his OSBs as much as possible (using Saint Cross in his off-turns) while Beatrix alternates Guardbringer and her BSB. With a sub-30, you shouldn't need to re-up Divine Cross at all. Ysh uses her BSB when she gets it, Iris or arguably Relm should be just as good with this - the bubble really helps, Last Stand would probably help just as much. You should burn through 4 or 5 Guardbringers in that time, and 2 or 3 Saint Crosses.

Magicite is Enkidu with as much +Holy and +Attack as I can manage in the sub-magicite. Beatrix and Orlandeau both have +Holy swords and armor.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Dec 9, 2017

• Locked thread