Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pushpins
Sep 11, 2006

Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Dog knew she wasn’t recycling.

Take a bite out of crime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slumdoge millionare
Feb 17, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

jBrereton posted:

This but 1 by 1 as each new video of a policeman gunning down someone completely harmless is released.

GiP cop thread would be empty in a week.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/TopherSpiro/status/939141953865822209

:laffo:

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Doomtalker posted:

GiP cop thread would be empty in a week.

Ban GiP in it's entirety, it's literally just a right wing containment zone along with tfr

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Neon Noodle posted:

Then your previous lesser knowledge disappears. As a fruit ripening in season, your subjectivity and objectivity naturally become one. It is like a dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, President who has had a dream. He knows about it but his speech is slurred.

namaste

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Here's a reply to the Shaun king tweet that made me hella mad

https://twitter.com/N3wY0rkC1tyNews/status/939049648924147713

gently caress you and your performative wokeness

Laquan Mcdonald is extremely embarrassed that you keep telling people he was shot sixteen times!! have some considerations for his feelings you monsters :mad:

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Ban GiP in it's entirety, it's literally just a right wing containment zone along with tfr

All the more reason to keep them open

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

she'll vote for it anyway.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Just keep falling for that football, assorted representatives and senators

Apr 7, 2003

Seriously though, the Daniel Shaver video is loving horrifying and everyone on that jury should be shot.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

And this is why she never should have voted yes in the first place.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Seriously though, the Daniel Shaver video is loving horrifying and everyone on that jury should be shot.

Good news, I know a cop happy to do the job!

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Do it! Vote it down!

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Is "creamed" millennial slang for "elected?"

Yeh but you ought to see what millennial slang is for "elected."

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

This but also the cop

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

TMMadman posted:

And this is why she never should have voted yes in the first place.

she either knew this would happen and voted for it anyway or is somehow the dumbest most naive senator to ever exist

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Guy Goodbody posted:

I wanna be clear, Houston is a big area, this isn't the Woodlands or Conroe or some other far flung northern extreme, this is right next to downtown

This has never happened before

It snows here every few years or so, but kinda odd this early in December.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Back when I was in the Navy and we were armed and outside specific wartime Rules of Engagement the guideline was the deadly force triangle:

In order to fire your weapon all three of the components of the triangle needed to be met - e.g. the attacker must possess the power to kill or inflict crippling injury on the innocent, must be acting in such a manner that a reasonable and prudent person would conclude that the attacker had manifest intent to kill or inflict crippling injury, and must be capable of immediately employing that power in an attack.

What is the guideline for cops in America today? If' you're feeling really scared because the man is black and you're about to piss your own pants unload your entire magazine?

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

lol

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Guy Goodbody posted:

These cops always say they feared for their lives. Maybe the problem is that cops are pussies?

They are trained to consider each and every interaction to be a life and death situation where the #1 priority is their safety and that the safety or interests of anyone else is unimportant.

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

I could only watch the beginning and the aftermath. Did they convince the Jury this drunk dude was Jason Bourne?

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/AARP/status/938801614479077376

:bahgawd:

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

zen death robot posted:

*endless screaming*

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

uh-oh, the olds are mad

Apr 7, 2003

D1E posted:

Back when I was in the Navy and we were armed and outside specific wartime Rules of Engagement the guideline was the deadly force triangle:

In order to fire your weapon all three of the components of the triangle needed to be met - e.g. the attacker must possess the power to kill or inflict crippling injury on the innocent, must be acting in such a manner that a reasonable and prudent person would conclude that the attacker had manifest intent to kill or inflict crippling injury, and must be capable of immediately employing that power in an attack.

What is the guideline for cops in America today? If' you're feeling really scared because the man is black and you're about to piss your own pants unload your entire magazine?

Shaver was deliberately psychologically tortured before being summarily executed. That video is the worst thing I've ever seen outside of that Russian soldier who was decapitated with an knife that was circulating a decade or so ago.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

This but also the cop

why would you shoot him mid-scaphism?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

get owned, olds that voted for trump

too bad about the others tho

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Thoguh posted:

They are trained to consider each and every interaction to be a life and death situation where the #1 priority is their safety and that the safety or interests of anyone else is unimportant.
As a lifeguard I was taught that you can’t save anyone if you’re in danger yourself, but then we weren’t issued deadly weapons.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Can we just jump to Deathrace 2000 timeline?

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

D1E posted:

chief_wiggum_shooting_walnuts.gif

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

lmao they'll vote on this before the letters get through the postal system

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

GobiasIndustries posted:

she'll vote for it anyway.

https://twitter.com/axios/status/939104989527539712

Apr 7, 2003

Vishass posted:

I could only watch the beginning and the aftermath. Did they convince the Jury this drunk dude was Jason Bourne?

That doesn't even come into it, it's post hoc rationalization. Anything a cop does can be justified because a cop did it.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

baw posted:

did anyone actually read the drat NYT article

"Does this mean that Donald Trump, when he goes on and on about “Donald Trump,” is demonstrating his enlightenment? That when he refers to himself in the third person, he is expressing not a personality disorder but an intuitive grasp of the subtlest Buddhist teachings? Ben highly doubts it."

Clickbait is a disease. Not reading the article is the cure.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

I thought there were a bunch of polls saying the opposite of this

WHAT DO I BELIEVE

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Iron Crowned posted:

Can we just jump to Deathrace 2000 timeline?

Frankenstein's free to drive as of yesterday

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Samurai Sanders posted:

As a lifeguard I was taught that you can’t save anyone if you’re in danger yourself, but then we weren’t issued deadly weapons.

Aren't you also taught to punch a person who struggling too much?

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

:thermidor:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
https://twitter.com/BlackBlocBoi/status/938890231977259008

• Locked thread