Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

chumbler posted:

I for one am the reason they keep bringing back Edgeworth. I can't help but live the guy.

Same. I enjoyed every moment he was on screen in SoJ even though he was objectively pointless.

It made ME happy though, so it was essential.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I wish the anime just did more standalone stuff. Have fun with the concept, make some new cases imo

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Give me filler episodes instead of retreads of cases that were already done better

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Yeah if the anime was more like the various manga with its own cases it would be better off.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

So uh, ports for Investigations just went up on iOS and Android. That's pretty cool.

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

AlphaKretin posted:

So uh, ports for Investigations just went up on iOS and Android. That's pretty cool.

Oh sweet, I haven't really had a chance to play the Edgeworth games. Not that I'd really been looking for them, but still. Wish they would do I2 as well but obviously that's not going to happen.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I should give Edgeworth another shot. I only got 1 or 2 cases into the first game, it never clicked with me for some reason.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

irlZaphod posted:

I should give Edgeworth another shot. I only got 1 or 2 cases into the first game, it never clicked with me for some reason.

it's because it's bad

Play AAI2 though

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

AAI isn't like completely not worth playing but it's definitely on the low end of the series.

How they went from that immediately to AAI2 I have no idea.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

AAI-5 is totally fine, and not intensely repetitive at the climax, no sir

I have yet to play AAI2 and I might do that over my break from school

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Dr Pepper posted:

AAI isn't like completely not worth playing but it's definitely on the low end of the series.

How they went from that immediately to AAI2 I have no idea.

AAI2 is the best post Takumi game

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I liked AAI a lot more than AA4, but that doesn't say a whole lot about the quality of the game. I feel like its problems are at the core of the story (Kay) and you couldn't really take them out without making a whole new game.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
AAI is the only game I didn't finish in this series. It's just kinda the worst. But this release makes me hopeful that I can actually get AAI2 legally here.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
DIPLOMATIC IMMUNITYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Beating the final boss felt less like I defeated him than I had gone 10 rounds and barely won by decision with the head writer.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

So is it confirmed the entire series is coming to Switch or are those just rumors? Because I will totally buy all of them again despite just having acquired the whole series on my 3DS :shepspends:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The only thing we're 100% sure of is that at least one AA game is coming to Switch.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

AAI is good and everyone but me is wrong

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Regy Rusty posted:

I disagree but respect your moxie

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I remember liking it too but it's also been like 7 years since I played it.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
AAI has one of the best villain fake-outs i've ever seen.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

the last case in AAI was great in that the last hour or so was spent giving you one piece of new evidence at a time, one statement to contradict, and then asking you present that new evidence on that statement, over and over and over.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

AAI has several fun and good characters and neat concepts but I don't think they get quite as much play as they should and I don't know if i'd name any of the 5 cases as actually good.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Everybody on the plane is cool in my book

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I love Rhoda and her ugly luggage.

I love the plane that is at least four stories tall.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
The other big flaw aside from the obvious (keeping an old man from leaving the building for 2 hours) is that they waited until the third case to introduce their new cover characters: Kay and Lang. Like, that's almost inconceivable, especially with how Zheng Fa plays a part in the 2nd case. That would have been the perfect place to introduce Lang.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Oh my god, i somehow forgot about Agent Lang. He's probably my second-favorite antagonist / rival in the entire series. The only thing the sequel could have done better is give him a bigger role.

I love his "Not so fast!"

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
AAI had Detective Badd and he alone is worth the price of admission.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Plom Bar posted:

AND you get to grill the Judge as a "witness" during that case.

The more i think about it, the better AAI gets. The goon hyperbole regarding AAI trashiness must have gotten to me after a while.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Plom Bar posted:

AAI2 took the perfect opportunity to put Badd in the dessert case.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

HenryEx posted:

AND you get to grill the Judge as a "witness" during that case.

The more i think about it, the better AAI gets. The goon hyperbole regarding AAI trashiness must have gotten to me after a while.

The only really bad part of it was the final confrontation that took ten million years. I'm not really sure what people have against it otherwise, other than it not being among the best of the series.

Not_Log
Mar 24, 2004

Dear Aunt, lets set so double the killer delete select all.

Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney, Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies, and Spirit of Justice are $11.99 on the android store

Dual Destinies is $10 and spirit of justice is $15 on the nintendo store.

Anyone able to speak to how they play on android? I'm considering just picking that version up but if the 3ds version plays that much better I can front the extra $3.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I gave up early in the final case of AAI and I have a feeling I dodged a bullet. I already hate the long cases because I feel they tend to go in circles and I quickly lose track of what the hell's actually happened or believed to have happened.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Yeah, the seeming ending of the final case is actually only the halfway point. The final villain could’ve easily had their own standalone case... but then again, the game suffers from enough arc fatigue as it is.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Regy Rusty posted:

AAI is good, but the final boss is way too long and drawn out and also should not have been the final boss.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Suspicious Cook posted:

AAI is good, but the final boss is way too long and drawn out and also should not have been the final boss.

Yeah the final boss really should have been Shih-na.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Lang honestly has some of the best adversary music in the series, those opening chords!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-upPs2rbaX4

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Lang is pretty awesome.

AAI's strong point is definitely the new characters it introduced.

Kay and Badd are super swell as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Lang owns and it sucks he's only in 2 cases. Same goes for Badd, but I think it's more understandable in his case.

Yew is also a very good and cool villain and it's really strange that they're not the final boss and the case keeps going for another couple of hours with a boring guy who hasn't actually mattered until now.

The new central characters AAI introduces are all very solid and they should've gotten more stuff to do.