Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Double posting, Tenno!

quote:

Improved AI pathing in the Grineer Asteroid tileset.

Man if this makes Defense missions on Uranus not be terrible then it'll be a very, very nice change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Magres posted:

From a while back, but are Orokin Cells super rare from Extractors or something? I've had Distilling Extractors on Saturn and Ceres for like two weeks straight and never gotten a single Orokin Cells extract from them, and it seems like the game showered you in Neural Sensors comparatively, but afaik they're both Rare resources and should have the same drop rate.

getting any rare resources from extractors is up to the rng. some people get a bunch, others get none at all. extractors just aren't reliable.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

Sandweed posted:

F2P games exists in a weird spot where they get almost no press from the games media and is probably not on their radar that much. If there was a game awards for just F2P games Warframe would take a lot of prices home.

It's not the F2P aspect, it's the shoveling money to these marketing turds aspect. Warframe barely spent any money on traditional advertising. They instead went with the social media and youtubers and streamers route and those are waaaaay cheaper than mainstream media (or more like, mainstream media overcharges like crazy). They probably put WF there because there's buzz about the game due to Destiny 2 sucking balls and they wanted the WF audience to tune in. It's obvious by putting it in some nonsense category where a 3 months old game got put in there, and WF didn't appear anywhere else. The whole thing is a joke. If it were a fans vote award, WF would do very well because AAA fans don't care enough to go online for this poo poo.

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

wid posted:

It's not the F2P aspect, it's the shoveling money to these marketing turds aspect. Warframe barely spent any money on traditional advertising. They instead went with the social media and youtubers and streamers route and those are waaaaay cheaper than mainstream media (or more like, mainstream media overcharges like crazy). They probably put WF there because there's buzz about the game due to Destiny 2 sucking balls and they wanted the WF audience to tune in. It's obvious by putting it in some nonsense category where a 3 months old game got put in there, and WF didn't appear anywhere else. The whole thing is a joke. If it were a fans vote award, WF would do very well because AAA fans don't care enough to go online for this poo poo.

I'm pretty sure DE helped sponsor the show, considering how many times they showed Warframe commercials

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

getting any rare resources from extractors is up to the rng. some people get a bunch, others get none at all. extractors just aren't reliable.

I keep setting my extractors to uranus for some afk polymer and have gotten nothing but gallium all week. I'm set for life on dumb gallium, but I would very much like to put my Nidus and Nekros P in the oven and together they cost about 20k polymer and I am so loving sick of everything suddenly requiring it by the truckload.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I gotta say, I really, really like the new eye animations my anime kid has. The subtle shading is also surprisingly effective.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
I gotta say, for a stream that had over 200,000 viewers, there was a surprising wall of CLEM, and CLEM-based memes in the chat.

he1ixx
Aug 23, 2007

still bad at video games

Broose posted:

I gotta say, for a stream that had over 200,000 viewers, there was a surprising wall of CLEM, and CLEM-based memes in the chat.

I saw that but I’m out of the loop and had no idea what it meant :(

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

he1ixx posted:

I saw that but I’m out of the loop and had no idea what it meant :(

Clem is a man of few words.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Clem

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Magres posted:

Wait did blizzard win out on best esport over riot? What a joke.

Love em or hate em, League and DotA easily have the most impressive esports apparatuses in existence. The International for DotA and Worlds for League are both absolutely insane.

it was 'best ongoing game' which was kind of a weird joke anyways considering that destiny 2 of all things was included as a nominee

a game that has been out for like 2 months

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
People are coming around to the idea that Destiny 2 was actually the Xpansion pack for Destiny 1 and were all playing the same game as 3 years ago

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
They also are just loving up constantly this month with the one-two punches of the game reducing how much experience you earn if you play a lot, and locking previously-available content behind a gearscore number you can't get past without expansion gear.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Magres posted:

Double posting, Tenno!

Man if this makes Defense missions on Uranus not be terrible then it'll be a very, very nice change.

Uranus is Grineer Sealab, unfortunately.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Not so much on PC but every time I log in on PS4 gen chat is almost exclusively making GBS threads on Destiny lol

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Magres posted:

From a while back, but are Orokin Cells super rare from Extractors or something?

Rare enough that I took a screenshot when I got some.

I got 4 from this.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Magres posted:

From a while back, but are Orokin Cells super rare from Extractors or something? I've had Distilling Extractors on Saturn and Ceres for like two weeks straight and never gotten a single Orokin Cells extract from them, and it seems like the game showered you in Neural Sensors comparatively, but afaik they're both Rare resources and should have the same drop rate.
They are the second rarest resource from extractors. You rarely get them. The rarest resource is mutagen samples for some reason.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

Khorne posted:

They are the second rarest resource from extractors. You rarely get them. The rarest resource is mutagen samples for some reason.

Because Hema, probably.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

It's not even funny how many Orokin Cells I need.

Ok so got my first riven mod and it's for the 'boltor' with -8.4% recoil and +3.9% dmg to Grineer.

What would one do with such a mod?

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

CODChimera posted:

It's not even funny how many Orokin Cells I need.

Ok so got my first riven mod and it's for the 'boltor' with -8.4% recoil and +3.9% dmg to Grineer.

What would one do with such a mod?

That's a re-roll

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Btw during the vidja game awards space mom confirmed that fashion frame is the end game or Warframe. It is canon now.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

a real rude dude posted:

That's a re-roll

I don't have a Boltor, do I even want one? Although looking at the disposition it seems pretty popular?

Quirkk
Sep 1, 2012

If I don't get my syandana from that stream soon I'm going to tear down some relays.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

CODChimera posted:

I don't have a Boltor, do I even want one? Although looking at the disposition it seems pretty popular?

The regular Boltor is okay, the Telos Boltor is good, and the Boltor Prime (vaulted) is even better.

Emo Szyslak
Feb 25, 2006

Any word on when the Supra Vandal might show up again? I'm sitting on a riven for one.

Quirkk
Sep 1, 2012

hup posted:

Any word on when the Supra Vandal might show up again? I'm sitting on a riven for one.

Impossible to know other than it will definitely be coming back. I think it's more likely to be added to invasions than to come back with another event.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Quirkk posted:

I think it's more likely to be added to invasions than to come back with another event.

Too easy. I'm expecting Neptune open world bounty reward whenever that happens, since it'd mirror the Furax Wraith drops.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Finally built my furax wraith yesterday

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Is there anything in game which tracks what I’ve gotten to 30 for MR or do I need an enormous spreadsheet from hell

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Psion posted:

Is there anything in game which tracks what I’ve gotten to 30 for MR or do I need an enormous spreadsheet from hell

If you go to your profile, you can hit the equipment tab and everything that you have mastered is marked with one of those wreaths.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Psion posted:

Your profile page and codex both do, I believe

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Psion posted:

The Codex does.

You can also open the menu and view your own profile to see all the things you’ve leveled.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Haha alright, thanks. I got dragged through a couple index runs and went on a buying spree and shoved a lot of things into my printer, then I realized I need more money and the dojo has at least 4 frames worth of blueprints and :shepface:

I would never be able to keep track of what I have used without the help so this is good to hear.

Quirkk
Sep 1, 2012

Rainuwastaken posted:

Too easy. I'm expecting Neptune open world bounty reward whenever that happens, since it'd mirror the Furax Wraith drops.

Lucky I've already got it since I'm not going to touch any more of the "open world" stuff.

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

turn off the TV posted:

Uranus is Grineer Sealab, unfortunately.

hmm. Time to finally grind Condition Overload?

Blain
Mar 6, 2008

And Tyler Too! posted:

I keep setting my extractors to uranus for some afk polymer and have gotten nothing but gallium all week.

That sounds like you're using Distilling Extractors which are for rarer resources. For something common like polymer use Titan Extractors.

Flopstick
Jul 10, 2011

Top Cop
Is there any way to make Ordo stfu? If he tells me one more time how witty Limbo is while I wait ten more hours for this component to craft, I'm going to go frigging spare!

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Flopstick posted:

Is there any way to make Ordo stfu? If he tells me one more time how witty Limbo is while I wait ten more hours for this component to craft, I'm going to go frigging spare!

You can mute him in the audio options.

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Flopstick posted:

You can turn Ordis audio to 0 in sound settings, however you still get the lame jokes

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
You can also clear your current quest in the quest screen if you're at a section like that (it saves your quest progress) and they won't bring it up again until you reactivate the quest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Ordis is pretty funny during the Titania quest and is probably the only high note since that quest has you going all over the place scanning dumbass plants. Note to anyone thinking of making Titania: get the double-scan widget from Simaris, you'll be glad you did.