Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

scary ghost dog posted:

it has lots if big hits and at least as many near misses, with plenty of true misses scattered throughout. i like it

It is Bizzaro Case Closed?

by that i mean actually interesting arguing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
It's a bad habit to want every podcast to have Hayes or Sean on it, but I would listen to Matt Besser and Sean Clements, maybe a few others, talk about serving the tennis ball.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

As long as nobody tries to defend other Beatles songs, this sounds like my kind of episode.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

whydirt posted:

I love Gabrus and Lapkus, but I think they shine when they have someone grounded to play against and provide contrast.

Will Hines would be the perfect foil for their podcast.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Apparently Stitcher is doing like an official Wolverine mini series thing with Marvel

https://www.wolverinepodcast.com/

hope they have PFT on

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Help Im Alive posted:

Apparently Stitcher is doing like an official Wolverine mini series thing with Marvel

hope they have PFT on

I think PFT's said his favorite character is Uatu the Watcher, so if he ever needs to intercede for some reason, I'm sure PFT would love to do it.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
My immediate thought was "PFT should be Uatu" followed shortly by "Uatu should sound like Brandon Content."

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Help Im Alive posted:

This seems silly.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

GoutPatrol posted:

It is Bizzaro Case Closed?

by that i mean actually interesting arguing

It's very jokey and not serious arguing. John Lennon and Horatio as a music critic make up a lot of fake tidbits about the song and the Beatles in general to discredit Will's points and it's very enjoyable to me.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

ArtVandelay posted:

So, someone listen to I4H and tell me if it's worth listening to. I'm skeptical based on the theme.

It was surprisingly good (although people on the phone is always a clusterfuck. people talk over eachother. maybe it was an intentional part of the bit). Imagine if Besser hosted Bang Bang.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I guess Gabrus never heard that Cody From Step by Step beat on his wife and kids (e: or something like that) when the guy playing Elmo was the only thing they called 'problematic.'

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Teenage Fansub posted:

I guess Gabrus never heard that Cody From Step by Step beat on his wife and kids (e: or something like that) when the guy playing Elmo was the only thing they called 'problematic.'

maybe he was thinking of engineer cody, who is a saint for all we know

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
This week's With Special Guest is an episode of The Perspective with Wild Horses and the Doughboys. The interview portion was even funnier than the improv.

crimedog fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Dec 8, 2017

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

crimedog posted:

This week's With Special Guest is an episode of The Perspective with Wild Horses and the Doughboys. The interview portion was even funnier the improv.

Erin Whitehead's absolutely insane/amazing romantic fantasy she had circa 8 years old ("I don't know if I'm...really advanced, or what") is the funniest thing I've heard all week. It literally made my jaw drop.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL

JethroMcB posted:

Erin Whitehead's absolutely insane/amazing romantic fantasy she had circa 8 years old ("I don't know if I'm...really advanced, or what") is the funniest thing I've heard all week. It literally made my jaw drop.

I love Erin because once in a while she just drops something super weird or dark outta nowhere while she's being interviewed. Wild Horses were on I4H once and one of the twitter questions was "What's a non-sexual thing that turns you on?" and the answers went something like:

Lauren: "Hands!"
Stephanie: "Hair!"
Mary: "Eyes!"
Erin: "Shame."
Besser: "Holy poo poo!"

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Crindee posted:

I love Erin because once in a while she just drops something super weird or dark outta nowhere while she's being interviewed. Wild Horses were on I4H once and one of the twitter questions was "What's a non-sexual thing that turns you on?" and the answers went something like:

Lauren: "Hands!"
Stephanie: "Hair!"
Mary: "Eyes!"
Erin: "Shame."
Besser: "Holy poo poo!"

That's from their last I4H episode, right? I need to listen to that again.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL

JethroMcB posted:

Also I just listened and it's shocking that her story about pulling her pants down to deliver farts to other rooms wasn't even the craziest story she told this episode.

ArtVandelay posted:

That's from their last I4H episode, right? I need to listen to that again.

I haven't been subscribed to I4H in awhile so I have to assume it's from further back

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
It's from a pretty early Wild Horses appearance, maybe their second one? It's not a live episode.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Crindee posted:

I love Erin because once in a while she just drops something super weird or dark outta nowhere while she's being interviewed.

A recent episode of The Perspective on Stitcher Premium. Literally 5 minutes in:
"...the last time [I had an arousing dream], I had fallen into the ocean, and a Great White was coming for me. My uncle was just sort of looking down at me, and I knew that I would die."

HateTheInternet
Dec 19, 2004

He just put the kibosh on me, do you know what the kibosh means, it's a kibosh!
Is anyone who is still using Howl having issues with the app logging you out intermittently because "authentication has been invalidated"? Is this the death rattle?

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
I know people keep recommending it, but I finally started Teacher's Lounge season 1. Episode 1 & 2 both had moments where I couldn't breath from laughing so hard. I love that their improv style is so transparent. They're just trying to make each other break character throughout the show.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I still laugh thinking about a basketball coach referring to the locker room as a ‘dressing room’.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
The audience rioting because they were confused got me bad.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
The mental image of Todd Padre, sitting in the stands at a high school basketball game, slowly realizing that the halftime show is just going to be the star player from the other team mercilessly roasting him will never stop being funny to me.

"Things ended up gettin' physical, and he beat me up pretty bad. But I initiated it, so the cops took me away."

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Ugly Jabbawockies was a great TL bit that got me

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

I still laugh whenever I think about Todd peeing laying down, or Fred Goldman’s grief mustache. Or the last time Todd said he was gay was a Liar, Liar situation.

The whole show really.

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.
Gay Man, Gay Man.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

on the new hollywood handbook, the boys got started quicker than usual on being outright hostile to the guest

great episode, best podcast

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box

cams posted:

on the new hollywood handbook, the boys got started quicker than usual on being outright hostile to the guest

great episode, best podcast

The hostility continues throughout the episode, including in the final ad read. It was marvelous

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
drat, Brandon Wardell is incredibly obnoxious on Who Charted.

SMP
May 5, 2009

Franchescanado posted:

Brandon Wardell is incredibly obnoxious.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Franchescanado posted:

drat, Brandon Wardell is incredibly obnoxious on Who Charted.

Just looking at pictures of him and I know this guy has to suck.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
https://mobile.twitter.com/ScottAukerman/status/941026307793502208

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
HH boys forcing their bewildered guest to mine bitcoins for them in exchange for a plug is good poo poo.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

@SeanClements: Handbook Heads, we are doing a year end call-in show starting at 11:30 am today! Start dialing 818-794-7004

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Kart Barfunkel posted:

@SeanClements: Handbook Heads, we are doing a year end call-in show starting at 11:30 am today! Start dialing 818-794-7004

@SeanClements: In a move that will shock no one, Cody gave me the wrong number.
Call 855-600-9653

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
I hope they recorded themselves waiting for phone calls from fans before Cody realized his mistake.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
1977 Orson Wells in the Darth Vader suit.

Thanks James Bonding!

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Off Book with PFT and Nicole Parker starts off with some incredible wacky energy, and only gets more and more silly. Plus, Nicole has an incredible voice as usual. This is a must listen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I just listened and was anyone from here on that terrifying hollywood handbook call in