Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Wolf was not something that could be judged by human standards. Forsaken's always been pretty clear on that, that Wolf did something necessary by entirely brutal means, and when Wolf became too weak, Wolf had to be killed by Wolf's own children, equally brutally. Wolf was not kind, and Wolf's children are just as dangerous - see also Destroyer Wolf and its attempts to save its sibling in Basra by, uh, breaking things repeatedly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
One of the books I've flagged as needing stuff rechecked is Charnel Houses. Hoo boy, this is going to be a day.

Axelgear
Oct 13, 2011

If I'm wrong, please don't hesitate to tell me. It happens pretty often and I will try to change my opinion if I'm presented with evidence.
Given that the time referred to in "the glories of that time" is the Time Before, I'm pretty sure it's the Abyss; the thing that destroys the Ruins. Father Wolf doesn't give a flip about Ruins, I don't think, and, even if he did, the Vinca have a word for Father Wolf: They call him Wolf.

nofather
Aug 15, 2014

Axelgear posted:

Given that the time referred to in "the glories of that time" is the Time Before, I'm pretty sure it's the Abyss; the thing that destroys the Ruins. Father Wolf doesn't give a flip about Ruins, I don't think, and, even if he did, the Vinca have a word for Father Wolf: They call him Wolf.

They also have a word for the Abyss. They call it the Outside.

And it's not like a hunter. They refer to it as 'an endless sea of nothing that laps at the shores of all reality.'

nofather fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Dec 7, 2017

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

127k for Changeling so far.

Currently, we're working towards 130k for expanded Court rules and discussion in the CtL Companion.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

nofather posted:

They also have a word for the Abyss. They call it the Outside.

And it's not like a hunter. They refer to it as 'an endless sea of nothing that laps at the shores of all reality.'

So basically the Wyld from Exalted. Still tickles me that there's so many winks and carry-overs in terminology and setting design from it.

I guess the dark hunter could possibly be the Exarch of the Gate. IE: The one Exarch that all the other Exarch's are/were scared shitless of since he was basically a symbol of the Abyss.

quote:

When the Exarchs ascended the Celestial Ladder to lay claim to the Supernal Realm, they realized they could not control a place of infinite possibilities, unbound by the laws, even with the use of High Speech. The Gate was the one who answered this dilemma: Known as the Dark Man at the Crossroads, he became the Iron Seal of the Abyss. Whether she created it, or merely named it, the Lonely Exarch ensured her peers' sovereignty over a flawed and broken world. However, to keep the Abyss from consuming the Fallen World outright, the Gate was forced to seal himself within the Void.

To this day, Seers are warned against worshipping the Gate, fearing the machinations of something that exists not within the Supernal, but within the Place Between reality. Those that do listen, however, become members of a legacy known as the Secret Order of the Gate.

Some ponder that the Exarchs fear the Gate, their forlorn sibling knowing secrets beyond truth and reason that could not be matched if brought to bear. If true, then the Lonely Exarch has yet to confront his fellow tyrants, which, perhaps, leads to all the more paranoia from Exarch and Seer alike.

If anyone would have the motivation to wipe out the remnants of the Time Before it'd be him.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Dec 7, 2017

RedSnapper
Nov 22, 2016
Last session a one of my players got stuck in an outside-time-and-space room and forced to cooperate with an NPC she really, REALLY doesn't like. Since they were both Spirit mages, they attempted to call on a ghost.

What followed was a pair of mages sabotaging one another's part of the protective circle they were drawing and attempting to summon a completely different spirit than agreed..

The NPC (I have no idea how they still manage not to realize she's actually a Nephandi) was calling on her coven's pet egregore while the PC tried to summon a protective spirit that was once bound to a runic rock on the outskirts of the city. Now, the game takes place in the city we all live in (Warsaw) and, since the PC in question is a time traveller from the XIX century, the "outskirts" that she knew are now pretty much IN the city, AND her talk of the runestone reminded me of a large rock on a doggy playground not 500 meters from my house..

Xinder posted:

This was my party’s favorite spirit from the hunter game I recently finished. It’s a spirit of “the unbridled joy of a child leaping in puddles and also playing with dogs” or something like that.

I wasn't planning on it but I totally ripped this off. Not even sorry.

Terratina
Jun 30, 2013
This is where I grumble about being too poor for the Changeling kickstarter.

But another thing... I've noticed that Storyteller system leans on the left side of rules medium systems where your character sheet is nice and orderly but you have phrases with all sorts of rules attached.

Granted, I've just played with the rules via a plain mortals ine shot where they hunted down a Jack the Ripper knock-off and managed to piss off both the police and gangs in the process. So I'm assuming it's just something you get used to?

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Yeah, the jargon is just...you learn it over time.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

RedSnapper posted:

Last session a one of my players got stuck in an outside-time-and-space room and forced to cooperate with an NPC she really, REALLY doesn't like. Since they were both Spirit mages, they attempted to call on a ghost.

What followed was a pair of mages sabotaging one another's part of the protective circle they were drawing and attempting to summon a completely different spirit than agreed..

The NPC (I have no idea how they still manage not to realize she's actually a Nephandi) was calling on her coven's pet egregore while the PC tried to summon a protective spirit that was once bound to a runic rock on the outskirts of the city. Now, the game takes place in the city we all live in (Warsaw) and, since the PC in question is a time traveller from the XIX century, the "outskirts" that she knew are now pretty much IN the city, AND her talk of the runestone reminded me of a large rock on a doggy playground not 500 meters from my house..

I wasn't planning on it but I totally ripped this off. Not even sorry.

Bootdog is precious and lovable. I hope it found a nice home in your story.

nofather
Aug 15, 2014

Terratina posted:

But another thing... I've noticed that Storyteller system leans on the left side of rules medium systems where your character sheet is nice and orderly but you have phrases with all sorts of rules attached.

Granted, I've just played with the rules via a plain mortals ine shot where they hunted down a Jack the Ripper knock-off and managed to piss off both the police and gangs in the process. So I'm assuming it's just something you get used to?

It is.

Really they could do more to help it along. Mage has an incredibly useful Quick-Casting guide in the back of the book. Similar things to portray a variety of rules that one could easily print out and have most things accessible would be useful. I hear this as a complaint from people new to Werewolf a lot, as they have a lot of things they can do that are powerful but very narrow in function (see spirits in Twilight, for instance, or automatically sense the direction of someone whose blood they tasted). But unless you write it down, or have the book there (and are going to flip through it), it's easy to miss. They have Condition Cards, but that's a small part of it. You still have similar issues in other games, though, a lot of people seem to overlook that Mages have Pattern Restoration that does more than heal Bashing or Lethal damage, or that vampires can send vague distress messages to relative vampires by spending Willpower.

nofather fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Dec 8, 2017

Dave Brookshaw
Jun 27, 2012

No Regrets

nofather posted:

It is.

Really they could do more to help it along. Mage has an incredibly useful Quick-Casting guide in the back of the book. Similar things to portray a variety of rules that one could easily print out and have most things accessible would be useful. I hear this as a complaint from people new to Werewolf a lot, as they have a lot of things they can do that are powerful but very narrow in function (see spirits in Twilight, for instance, or automatically sense the direction of someone whose blood they tasted). But unless you write it down, or have the book there (and are going to flip through it), it's easy to miss. They have Condition Cards, but that's a small part of it. You still have similar issues in other games, though, a lot of people seem to overlook that Mages have Pattern Restoration that does more than heal Bashing or Lethal damage, or that vampires can send vague distress messages to relative vampires by spending Willpower.

Yeah; "mages can cancel Conditions other supernatural powers have put on them by spending Mana" is up there with "yeah, Nimbuses have always had rules" for the most-ignored bit of Awakening.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Changeling: 129k.

New stretch goals:
134k: Summer novella.
136k: Dancers in the Dark added to the 1e bundle.
142k: Book of Kiths gets a section on the Shield Regalia.

Axelgear
Oct 13, 2011

If I'm wrong, please don't hesitate to tell me. It happens pretty often and I will try to change my opinion if I'm presented with evidence.

Dave Brookshaw posted:

"mages can cancel Conditions other supernatural powers have put on them by spending Mana"

... Wait, what? I mean, I knew Mages can heal damage by Pattern Restoration, but removing Conditions is news to me.

Edit: Well, hot friggin' dog, I did not notice that. Page 87 for those who also did not notice it.

Edit edit: Call this a casualty of it being a second edition. A lot of people who played Mage 1e will skim the book rather than read it intently, cover to cover, because a lot of the rules are similar, if not identical, to 1e. I sure didn't. Case in point, really.

Axelgear fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Dec 8, 2017

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

The end of each book really should include a page you can copy that is just all the poo poo you can natively do.

Dec 26, 2012

Mors Rattus posted:

The end of each book really should include a page you can copy that is just all the poo poo you can natively do.

100%.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
Wonder how many people will remember "You can't tie up/lock up lost" in 2E when it comes to it.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Honestly, it isn't in changeling players' interest to help other people remember that they can do that.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

All Vampires Can:

1. Spend 1 Vitae to get the blush of life for a scene, becoming able to do anything a living person can and passing all medical inspections.
2. See easily in the dark, and never get more than a -2 penalty from total darkness.
3. Immediately spot traces of blood in any quantity, dried or otherwise.
4. Hear heartbeats at a range of (3*BP) yards, no roll.
5. Smell blood at a range of (10*BP) yards, no roll. If they have Auspex, multiply by Auspex dots.
6. +BP to all rolls to track a human by scent if they've tasted the human's blood.
7. +BP to all rolls to detect hidden people or details by blood traces in which 3-5 might be useful.
9. Spend 1 Vitae to get +2 to rolls involving their choice of Strength, Stamina or Dexterity for one turn. This does not increase derived traits but does increase resistances.
10. Spend 1 Vitae to heal 2B or 1L. No scar. This will happen automatically during daysleep unless you spend WP to resist it.
11. Spend 5 Vitae to heal 1A over the course of a full daysleep. This leaves a scar.
12. Spend 1 WP to make an alteration to your body 'permanent' during daysleep. This includes wounds if you want, 1 WP per wound.
13. Immediately spot (with any sense) other vampires that aren't using an ability to mask their nature.
14. Invoke the Predatory Aura to inflict the Bestial (rolling BP+Strength), Wanton (BP+Presence) or Competitive (BP+Intelligence) condition in the target. This is free vs mortals, costs 1 WP vs vampires. Vampires can try to resist.
15. Spend a dot of Humanity and feed vitae to a dying mortal or a corpse to Embrace them.
16. Use their fangs as 0L Brawl weapons that can drain 1 Vitae on attack during a grapple (and deal +1L and the Scarred condition to mortals if they do).
17. Cause the Swooning condition on mortals during noncombat feeding.
18. Sense the direction to sires and childer anywhere, siblings, grandchilder, and grandsires on the same continent, sire-siblings, great-grandsires, and great-grandchilder in the same city, and any clanmates in one mile, for a Wits+BP+Blood Sympathy bonus roll.
19. Spend 1 WP and roll BP to contact blood sympathy relatives mentally and tell them where you are and your general state of being.
20. Blood bond people by feeding them your blood.
21. Ghoul mortals by doing same and spending 1 WP.
22. Taste someone's blood and make a Wits+Composure roll to tell if they're human, on drugs, poisoned, sick, their blood type and what clan they are, if they are a vampire, and if you've tasted their blood before, plus possibly other stuff.
23. Take only Bashing damage from, quote, "many" sources that would deal Lethal to mortals, including, quote, "most" non-supernatural weapons.

I think this covers them?

e: added in taste of blood

Mors Rattus fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Dec 8, 2017

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

All Werewolves Can:

1. Heal 1B/turn at least (based on Primal Urge) or spend 1 Essence to heal Lethal for a turn instead.
2. Heal 1L/15 minutes.
3. Heal 1A/4 days, including any Tilts associated with the wound.
4. Take Lethal from anything that would deal Agg damage except for silver and supernatural powers.
5. Heal all Bashing and Lethal damage each turn in Gauru form.
6. Get -(Primal Urge) to the Toxicity of any poison or disease affecting you.
7. Use Human, Wolf or Spirit senses reflexively (but consciously) in any form that doesn't natively get them.
8. Use Human senses to have 20/10 vision, good hearing and keen sense of smell, even if born blind or deaf.
9. Use Wolf senses to get a bonus to perception-based rolls based on current form and to ignore any penalties due to sensory deprivation.
10. Use Wolf senses to identify people you've met before by smell with a Primal Urge roll.
11. Use Wolf senses to identify werewolves whose scent you've found before with a Wits+Primal Urge roll, or no roll if they deliberately left their scent.
12. Use Wolf senses to detect nearby werewolves and wolf-bloods by smell with a Wits+Primal Urge roll.
13. Use Wolf senses to hear out to (Primal Urge) miles in non-urban areas.
14. Use Wolf senses to hear frequencies humans can't and ignore all penalties based on quietness or hearing range.
15. Use Wolf senses to halve all vision penalties for darkness and ignore all vision penalties for rapid movement.
16. Use Wolf senses to magically detect the direction to the last creature whose blood you tasted in the past lunar month.
17. Use Spirit senses to spend an instant action to project any of your form's native senses across the Gauntlet, or 1 Essence to do so reflexively. You get penalties to perception and concentration if your senses are not all on the same side of the Gauntlet as each other.
18. Use Spirit senses to detect spirits in Twilight as if they were manifested.
19. Track things by scent.
20. Shapeshift into the five forms, with ease and cost based on Harmony.
21. Deal Lethal damage to vampires with a bite in any form, and count their teeth as mystical sources of damage in any form.
22. Place a Hunter's Aspect condition (based on Auspice) on any prey being hunted by the pack that does not already have one, with a roll.
23. Intuitively understand the meaning and context of Renown markings that are visible, either due to presentation or being in Shadow.
24. Spend 1 Essence, once per story, to present one Renown's markings in the world of flesh and get a Condition based on the chosen Renown.
25. Absorb Essence from a locus, a spirit hunted in the Sacred Hunt, destroying a fetish or seeing your Auspice moon.
26. Deal Agg with a bite and regain Essence when devouring human or wolf flesh.
27. Cross the Gauntlet at a locus, either freely over time or spending 1 Essence to do so instantly.
28. Understand First Tongue, and speak it in most forms.

Mors Rattus fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Dec 8, 2017

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Xinder posted:

Bootdog is precious and lovable. I hope it found a nice home in your story.

Stealing for my werewolf game too. I hope they don't eat him.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Mors Rattus posted:

All Vampires Can:

I have been running Vampire in its varied incarnations semi-regularly since 2003 and there was a good number of those I didn't remember.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

ZearothK posted:

I have been running Vampire in its varied incarnations semi-regularly since 2003 and there was a good number of those I didn't remember.

I actually need to go back and add in the vampire damage reduction from most weapons.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

All Demons Can:

1. Gain Beats by following their Agenda condition.
2. Make Pacts with people to gain Cover or other benefits.
3. Assume demonic form and, with some Aether, turn back human.
4. Burn a Cover to go Loud.
5. Harvest Aether when angels use their powers or from Infrastructure.
6. Use Cover instead of Primum to resist supernatural powers when in a Cover, or can use Primum instead if they want to.
7. Spoof being human to any effect that'd detect otherwise, even if you're unaware of it. If successful, you become aware that something got spoofed but not what.
8. Spend 1 Aether and roll Cover with a penalty to temporarily gain dots in a Skill or Merit your Cover should have but you don't.
9. Spend a dot of Willpower to shove an Embed or Exploit into an object and make it a magic item.
10. Assemble a Cipher via key Embeds.
11. Perfectly and completely control the expression of their emotions and whether they seem to be lying or not - even to supernatural effects.
12. Perfectly remember anything and everything they have ever seen or experienced.
13. Perfectly and natively speak all natively-spoken living languages, including First Tongue, but not High Speech.
14. Perceive Infrastructure.
15. Spend 1 Aether to be able to sense the presence and location of nearby Aether sources and expenditures.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

All Mages Can:

1. Gain Arcane Beats by various means, particularly Obsessions.
2. Use Attainments based on dots in various Arcana.
3. Use Yantras based on Gnosis.
4. Combine multiple spells at Gnosis 3+.
5. Spend 3 Mana to heal 1B or 1L.
6. Spend 3 Mana to remove a Mental Condition without gaining a Beat.
7. Spend 3 Mana to remove a Physical Tilt.
8. Perform Oblations in a Hallow to gain Mana.
9. Consume tass that is in the form of food to gain Mana.
10. Reduce a Physical Attribute (and all derived traits) by 1 for 24 hours to gain Mana.
11. Take resistant 1L to gain Mana.
12. Kill a living being to gain Mana.
13. Inflict a Nimbus Tilt on anyone that can perceive your Immediate Nimbus.
14. Spend 1 Mana, once per scene, to flare your Immediate Nimbus for a turn in a way even mortals can see.
15. Spend 1 Mana to imprint your Signature Nimbus on an object, place or person for several weeks, or months if you spend 1 WP.
16. Automatically flare your Nimbus to resist other Condition-creating aura effects, such as Predatory Aura or Hunter's Aspect.
17. Speak and understand High Speech (if in an Order).
18. Notice that something happened whenever an active supernatural effect happens nearby.
19. Use Active Mage Sight freely and reflexively (with Ruling Arcana, plus 1 Mana per scene to add Common or Inferior) to detect information based on Arcana, spot Awakened magic and get -2 to all rolls unrelated to using or perceiving magic. You must spend 1 WP after (Gnosis) minutes to keep it up for the rest of the scene.
20. Use Focused Mage Sight while using Active Mage Sight to actively study a Mystery and attempt to learn more about it, based on the Arcana in use.
21. With 3+ dots in an Arcanum, summon Supernal entities.
22. Carve out part of your soul into a soul stone by imprinting an object with your Signature Nimbus and spending a Willpower dot.
23. Create a Demesne using 1-5 soul stones.

JesterOfAmerica
Sep 11, 2015
Mors can you compile these in like a google doc when you got them all done these would make great handouts.

Thanks

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Sure.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Mors Rattus posted:

All Werewolves Can:

Awuuuuu!

Thanks a ton! I am planning on running Werewolf for some new players soon and giving them this list will be a huge help.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
All Beasts Can:

1. Die in a tire fire.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

All Prometheans Can:

1. Tell if anyone they sense is a Promethean.
2. Identify the presence of other Azoth nearby with a Wits+Azoth roll, based on Azoth.
3. Temporarily reduce their Azoth to make themselves harder to notice for 24 hours.
4. Cause Disquiet, based on Azoth.
5. Sense the presence of past Torment in the Azothic radiance of other Prometheans.
6. Create Wastelands, based on Azoth.
7. Spend 1 Pyros to boost any Attribute by 1 for a single action, extended or otherwise.
8. Spend 1 Pyros to ignore 1L or 2B damage as it happens.
9. Spend 3 Pyros to ignore 1A as it happens.
10. Gain Pyros at sunrise.
11. Gain Pyros by hearing thunder.
12. Gain Pyros by sleeping in or near your key element.
13. Gain Pyros by spending time around humans.
14. Heal and gain Pyros when exposed to electrical current strong enough to damage mortals.
15. Go without sleep for 48 hours without penalties, and only -1 per six hours after that.
16. Fully recharge after only four hours of sleep.
17. Ignore wound penalties.
18. Stay alive and active until killed with agg damage.
19. Revive from death entirely unhurt once.
20. Eat anything organic that they can manage to swallow.
21. Never need to poop or piss.
22. Get +(Azoth) on rolls to resist toxins or poisons.
23. Go without food for (Resolve) days, after which they suffer Torment.
24. Not age, though they will die after a century. (Resurrection from death resets this clock.)
25. Spend Pyros to heal even faster while exposed to electricity.
26. Appear to be a normal human when not using Pyros.
27. Eventually turn into a human if they try hard enough and get a little lucky.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Kurieg posted:

All Beasts Can:

1. Die in a tire fire.

I was actually planning to post something to this effect after I finished the rest.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Kurieg posted:

All Beasts Can:

1. Die in a tire fire.

I know what you meant but I like the idea of Beasts having no powers but the ability to spawn a big pile of flaming tires to immolate themselves with.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Kavak posted:

I know what you meant but I like the idea of Beasts having no powers but the ability to spawn a big pile of flaming tires to immolate themselves with.

Well.. i mean..

A specific beast could, if their lair was a tire fire, but then they'd be immune to it.

Precambrian
Apr 30, 2008

Kurieg posted:

Well.. i mean..

A specific beast could, if their lair was a tire fire, but then they'd be immune to it.

A Beast not being immune to their own lair does sound like the sort of dumbass oversight I expect from Beast.

Dec 26, 2012

Mors Rattus posted:

All Werewolves Can:

In addition re: missable/forgettable stuff:

- Each Auspice has a 1/chapter inherent ability, which are mostly pretty significant.
- Renown gives you spirit rank automatically based on how much you have, which matters because you deal aggravated to spirits of their rank <= your rank - 2.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Things Everyone Can Do, now with Changelings and Beasts. Hunters aren't on there because the book's not ready yet and so I don't know what they can all do.

01011001 posted:

In addition re: missable/forgettable stuff:

- Each Auspice has a 1/chapter inherent ability, which are mostly pretty significant.
- Renown gives you spirit rank automatically based on how much you have, which matters because you deal aggravated to spirits of their rank <= your rank - 2.
Added.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
Thank you so much, Mors! This is extremely helpful. I'm going to bookmark this and use it extensively.

Dave Brookshaw
Jun 27, 2012

No Regrets
Two corrections

Mors Rattus posted:

All Mages Can:
17. Speak and understand High Speech (if in an Order).

All mages can speak and understand High Speech - it's translated by their Peripheral Mage Sight. The Merit that membership in an Order gives them is to then use High Speech that they chant or write down as Yantras. But even an entirely untrained Nameless mage can understand High Speech when he hears or sees it.

quote:

18. Notice that something happened whenever an active supernatural effect happens nearby.

As long - and this is vitally important - that effect doesn't have any kind of concealment power active on it.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Dave Brookshaw posted:

As long - and this is vitally important - that effect doesn't have any kind of concealment power active on it.

I'm envisioning a werewolf continually switching back and forth between human and wolf senses just to gently caress with his mage friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Dave Brookshaw posted:

Two corrections

All mages can speak and understand High Speech - it's translated by their Peripheral Mage Sight. The Merit that membership in an Order gives them is to then use High Speech that they chant or write down as Yantras. But even an entirely untrained Nameless mage can understand High Speech when he hears or sees it.

Noted.