Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DJ_Rimshot
Feb 24, 2014

CelticPredator posted:

He's the second funniest character besides C-3PO. Almost all the best laughs come from him.

Agreed!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

viral spiral
Sep 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Yaws posted:

The Force Ghost thing has always been the lamest part of Star Wars

Lucas decided to turn the ghost thing from poo poo to diarrhea by inserting ghost Hayden Christensen into ROTJ. That part was even more appalling than that Jedi Rock song in Jabba's palace.

lelandjs posted:

We’re almost certainly going to find out who Rey’s father is so

This can be cool if her father turns out to be Snoke or something.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
She's a Palpatine. It's gonna happen.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Yaws posted:

The Force Ghost thing has always been the lamest part of Star Wars

https://twitter.com/thespencerperry/status/929469441481560066

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

PostNouveau posted:

She's a Sleazebaggano. It's gonna happen.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

The Good Man Lucas and the Scoundrel George.

viral spiral
Sep 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

PostNouveau posted:

She's a Palpatine. It's gonna happen.

This would be amazing.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Well, yes. He’s emotionally tired from the fact he’s loving dead and after all he’s seen and been through as a wandering space paladin he still has the weight of a galaxy that has long since forgotten him on his shoulders as he tries to teach his dead religion’s philosophies and traditions to the son of his murderer.

It’s quite exhausting just to think about, hence the need to sit down, because while his physical vessel may be long gone, his soul is still weary from the work he left unfinished. It’s those little details that make the emotional weight of the Original Trilogy hit a lot harder than anything that’s followed.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Taintrunner posted:

Well, yes. He’s emotionally tired from the fact he’s loving dead and after all he’s seen and been through as a wandering space paladin he still has the weight of a galaxy that has long since forgotten him on his shoulders as he tries to teach his dead religion’s philosophies and traditions to the son of his murderer.

It’s quite exhausting just to think about, hence the need to sit down, because while his physical vessel may be long gone, his soul is still weary from the work he left unfinished. It’s those little details that make the emotional weight of the Original Trilogy hit a lot harder than anything that’s followed.

Or Alec Guinness was just tired of all these Star Wars, didn't care anymore, and wanted to sit down while shooting his scenes.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

https://morningconsult.com/2017/12/06/princess-leia-is-everyones-favorite-and-other-star-wars-statistics/

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

Can you imagine how awful it's going to be when algorithms start dictating the taste of people? When people use the word 'favourable' in their criticism? How pointless talking about art would be with someone who's more psephologist than human being?

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
Surprised to see that Darth Vader is lower than Anakin.

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003

viral spiral posted:

This would be amazing.

If she's Luke's daughter then she's already a Palpatine.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

J_RBG posted:

Can you imagine how awful it's going to be when algorithms start dictating the taste of people? When people use the word 'favourable' in their criticism? How pointless talking about art would be with someone who's more psephologist than human being?

67/100 on the porg scale

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

J_RBG posted:

This was a big anxiety with the advent of modernism that subsided once all the large projects based around it unaccountably started to fail.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

Taintrunner posted:

It can be really tiring lying to people and trying to convince them to kill thier own father because you failed.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

weird that a new hope is 10% less viewed than the other ots in this poll

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

i wish they had qui gon in that poll

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Why the gently caress is Jar Jar higher than Wedge?

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

NTRabbit posted:

Why the gently caress is Jar Jar higher than Wedge?

Cause Wedge is a nothing character with a dumb name? He's also above Sheev, Kylo, and Mace

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Everything about star wars is good. There's not a single bad thing about it

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Milky Moor posted:

Surprised to see that Darth Vader is lower than Anakin.

They saw Clone Wars.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Where the gently caress is Poe Ace Pilot Dameron?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

The Han Solo, Darth Vader and BB-8 results make me question the results as a whole. Only 68% have a favorable view of Han Solo? BB-8, which was engineered to be as adorable as possible, is only 33%?

I suspect they're including people who haven't seen the movies in this.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

viral spiral posted:

Lucas decided to turn the ghost thing from poo poo to diarrhea by inserting ghost Hayden Christensen into ROTJ. That part was even more appalling than that Jedi Rock song in Jabba's palace.

Sorry, but Hayden Christensen is the face of Anakin Skywalker now in the eyes of the public (far more than Sebastian Shaw ever was or is) and will be forever and always. Seeing Anakin happy and redeemed looking like his actual self is more satisfying on a storytelling level than seeing Sebastian Shaw, who without the obscuring benefit of make-up is way too obviously not Anakin. And with any luck we'll be getting Hayden Christensen to return in some capacity in the sequel trilogy playing the character he defined for a generation.

You've lost the Star Wars culture war in this regard, I'm afraid.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
I need advice for SASS (if you're in it then don't look here)

What's the best fighter from any era/EU etc? I'm going to buy my santee an X-wing tabletop model and they're expensive as gently caress so I can only get one.

E-wing, TIE phantom and K-wing are both viable options​ here.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
As lame as it sounds, I really do hope Christensen gets to come back and have the opportunity to feel like he's accepted by the Star Wars "community" again. His story coming full circle to some sort of redemption would be a very Star Wars thing to have happen.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Cnut the Great posted:

Sorry, but Hayden Christensen is the face of Anakin Skywalker now in the eyes of the public (far more than Sebastian Shaw ever was or is) and will be forever and always. Seeing Anakin happy and redeemed looking like his actual self is more satisfying on a storytelling level than seeing Sebastian Shaw, who without the obscuring benefit of make-up is way too obviously not Anakin. And with any luck we'll be getting Hayden Christensen to return in some capacity in the sequel trilogy playing the character he defined for a generation.

You've lost the Star Wars culture war in this regard, I'm afraid.

In what capacity? He's certainly not going to be the guy in the suit while James Earl Jones does the voice. You think they might set some live action movies in the Clone Wars or Christensen might show up as a force ghost in the new movies?

I like the idea that Luke has been occasionally communing with his father for years like he did with Obi-Wan.

Hansen85
Nov 11, 2009
It sorta felt like Hayden being at Celebration this year was laying the groundwork for him showing up in a movie at some point. At the very least, the warm welcome he got must have been nice after over a decade of "fans" being assholes.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Hayden did nothing wrong

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Taintrunner posted:

So he's . . . dead tired.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm really not sure how I would feel if Hayden showed up in TLJ as a Force Ghost. On one hand, Luke going nuts on an isolate island surrounded by the literal ghosts of his past is a neat development for the character, on the other hand #NMFG

Ooh, actually, Hayden showing up to tempt Rey to leave Luke and seek training from Kylo would be awesome.

Axiem
Oct 19, 2005

I want to leave my mind blank, but I'm terrified of what will happen if I do

PostNouveau posted:

I suspect they're including people who haven't seen the movies in this.

More than half of the people haven't actually seen ANH.

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

lelandjs posted:

We’re almost certainly going to find out who Rey’s father is so

her dad is Wolverine and she has lightsaber claws

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

PenguinKnight posted:

her dad is Wolverine and she has lightsaber claws

Disney/Fox merger hasn't gone through yet.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Yeah, that makes sense. So you can kinda through cultural osmosis decide you know and like princess leia because she's been in the cultural consciousness for 40 years. But the newest movies haven't had time to sink in and aren't likely to be huge cultural touchstones because they didn't kick off a franchise or invent the big sci-fi blockbuster.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

PostNouveau posted:

Yeah, that makes sense. So you can kinda through cultural osmosis decide you know and like princess leia because she's been in the cultural consciousness for 40 years. But the newest movies haven't had time to sink in and aren't likely to be huge cultural touchstones because they didn't kick off a franchise or invent the big sci-fi blockbuster.

also they were insanely forgettable

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Captain Splendid posted:

I need advice for SASS (if you're in it then don't look here)

What's the best fighter from any era/EU etc? I'm going to buy my santee an X-wing tabletop model and they're expensive as gently caress so I can only get one.

E-wing, TIE phantom and K-wing are both viable options​ here.

tie defender

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
It's badass that people like Rey slightly more than Jar Jar, but also that people seem to have caught onto the Boba Fett scam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

lelandjs posted:

Disney/Fox merger hasn't gone through yet.

they made alternative scenes to have in theater in case the deal goes through when its showing :colbert: