Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Ngamahu is real cheap iirc because it doesn't need to be linked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Hey everyone map stash tabs are available to buy in the store now :yaycloud:

e. the store page doesn't seem to have an image of it but it has this description: "Add a Map Stash Tab to your account. Map stash tabs can hold 72 of each map type.
Map stash tabs can be listed as public, allowing them to integrate with community trade tools."

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
Someone had an interesting mana guardian CWC GC stacking chaos conversion a few pages back.

https://pastebin.com/LwPucnv4

Credit to whoever, can't remember who it was.

..btt
Mar 26, 2008
Patch server is also up

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

euphronius posted:

Ngamahu is real cheap iirc because it doesn't need to be linked.
It is cheap, but not for the first few days!

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Abyss packs don't seem to be up though, so good thing I had points kicking around for the map tab at least.

e. and the website is down again, guess I snuck that order in.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
You could just level as RT Cyclone.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I love the effect that streamers have on the items and builds in this game

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

..btt posted:

Patch server is also up

And the patch is nearly 5GB so if you're on a slow connection don't leave it till the last minute.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Yeah it takes a few days for ngamahu to fall to affordable range, but you can just 2h sunder or normal cyclone until you pick it up. I'll probably sunder my way to one.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Think sunder's a bit easier to level as since cyclone can be so mana hungry.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

or hell, use whatever the gently caress cause ancestral call sounds like it could be fun

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I hate Zombies but I'm left with a 4L helm option if I don't do Zombies/Animate Guardian. My setup currently does not have CWDT configured. If I were doing Wickermen I would probably stick with the double Dyadus Guardian, but I'm planning on doing Solar Guards.

I guess I should just level a Guardian anyway?

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

I want to follow this HOWA build but the only leveling guide is from a HC guy and says to sunder 1-70 then respec. gently caress that.

Anyone have any input on leveling this? Without it, I'm just going to look at his 6l and grab skill gems where they become available.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1981964/

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

or you could do cwdt - IC- phase run - inc duration and just be extra safe. A guardian with a leer cast/dying breath/curse on hit gloves will probably be a big damage buff still though.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Why is no one talking about the new abyss jewels?? Their mods were pulled from the client and they look ridiculous. Like, more than a steel ring with added phys ridiculous. Really wide mod pool so they'll be hard to craft too.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

The Wonder Weapon posted:

I want to follow this HOWA build but the only leveling guide is from a HC guy and says to sunder 1-70 then respec. gently caress that.

Anyone have any input on leveling this? Without it, I'm just going to look at his 6l and grab skill gems where they become available.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1981964/

The easy way to level HOWA is with a pair of hands of thought and action, but you aren't going to be getting HOWAs or HOTAs for a few days anyways most likely. Won't be dropping for anyone til people hit maps.

If you don't want to do sunder, you can still level as spectral throw and basically the same tree, just keep an eye out for rare ele claws probably and focus on getting damage nodes on the tree instead of purely stacking int. I'd also consider going CI instead of hybrid since you aren't getting instant leech either way now.

e. and good luck getting a good abyss jewel, gonna hold off building around any til I see how often they drop. Hopefully they're like, breach ring quantity, but without the breach ring quality.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Mr. Despair posted:

or you could do cwdt - IC- phase run - inc duration and just be extra safe. A guardian with a leer cast/dying breath/curse on hit gloves will probably be a big damage buff still though.

I guess I'll still do a guardian then. Probably just link it with Minion Life/Fortify/Melee Splash.

edit: I don't need curse gloves for it, since I'll be using Arc and CoH to apply both eweak and flammability

Vasudus fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Dec 8, 2017

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

I want to finally try a totems build this league but haven't seen anything from the new patch except the new skill gems, is there a fun starter build for that or should I do something cheaper

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Why is no one talking about the new abyss jewels?? Their mods were pulled from the client and they look ridiculous. Like, more than a steel ring with added phys ridiculous. Really wide mod pool so they'll be hard to craft too.

Link that poo poo yo.

..btt
Mar 26, 2008

the bitcoin of weed posted:

I want to finally try a totems build this league but haven't seen anything from the new patch except the new skill gems, is there a fun starter build for that or should I do something cheaper

Totems can be cheap. I think pizzasticks (flameblast totems) are considered a decent starter build.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Bugsy posted:

Link that poo poo yo.

https://poecraft.com/jewels

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

Mr. Despair posted:

The easy way to level HOWA is with a pair of hands of thought and action, but you aren't going to be getting HOWAs or HOTAs for a few days anyways most likely. Won't be dropping for anyone til people hit maps.

If you don't want to do sunder, you can still level as spectral throw and basically the same tree, just keep an eye out for rare ele claws probably and focus on getting damage nodes on the tree instead of purely stacking int. I'd also consider going CI instead of hybrid since you aren't getting instant leech either way now.

e. and good luck getting a good abyss jewel, gonna hold off building around any til I see how often they drop. Hopefully they're like, breach ring quantity, but without the breach ring quality.

I did see someone mention going CI now because of the leech changes. I'd be fine with that, although I'm not sure what that does to the skill tree. I've never done CI before.

What's the abyss jewel? The only non-rare jewel I see is Fertile Mind, which isn't an abyss jewel, is it?

If you've got a better HOWA ST guide you think is worth following, I'm happy to take a gander.

10bux
Sep 10, 2008
After like the first 24 hours Ngamahu's is usually 20-30chaos, which should be easily affordable along with the jewelers by the time you reach act 10/maps. I've managed this in legacy, turmoil, mayhem and one other. Also, I always want a build that uses a specific unique weapon as my starter because rares are always gonna be harder to find.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Just note that the top tier rolls are all level 82 or 83.

10bux
Sep 10, 2008

I did see someone mention going CI now because of the leech changes. I'd be fine with that, although I'm not sure what that does to the skill tree. I've never done CI before.

What's the abyss jewel? The only non-rare jewel I see is Fertile Mind, which isn't an abyss jewel, is it?

If you've got a better HOWA ST guide you think is worth following, I'm happy to take a gander.

Best HOWA build IMO is https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2011311 You might have to augment the build a bit for ST because I believe he uses BF, but it should be no problem.

Also, I've seen people asking how you do CI builds since 3.0. This is a perfect example, high regen, and incandescent heart can be amazing for the right builds.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Facebreaker totems should be pretty darn good since there's good potential for more flat phys than normal via the abyss jewels.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/MrDespair/characters/Run_The_Mirrors_MrD is a goofy facebreaker build I did in legacy (probably better ways to do it, and voidheart sure ain't doing anything anymore, but gruthkul's owns for the increased character size if nothing else), and https://pastebin.com/q6KzbAxz is a chieftain based build that I did for the mayhem race which I liked as a league starter, since you can focus on the totem damage nodes early, and then branch out into 2h axes, swords, or maces, or even 1h axes/swords/maces, depending on what 3-400 pdps weapon you find first as you near/reach maps. And then well, respec into facebreakers once you actually have the stuff to make it worthwhile.

~15000 people ahead of me in teh login queue, and I keep getting dc'd and knocked further back in the queue. Rip!

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Unsocketed rings gonna be the new hotness this league I'm calling.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
The jewels are def crazy, but like normal jewels are already expensive for anything decent I can only imagine what these will be like.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

:drat:
:wow:

..btt
Mar 26, 2008

+(46-50) to maximum Energy Shield

(prefix) Adds (7-8) to (10-12) Physical Damage to Mace Attacks
(suffix) Adds (4-5) to (7-8) Physical Damage to Attacks

:thunk:

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Unsocketed rings gonna be the new hotness this league I'm calling.

Can't put an abyssal jewel in a normal socket, but those abyssal belts should be dope.

also man, I'm going to be so far back in the queue, no idea why it keeps disconnecting me when i'm sitting in the queue.

e. seems like the game comes with a selection of neversink filters by default now too?

..btt
Mar 26, 2008

Mr. Despair posted:

also man, I'm going to be so far back in the queue, no idea why it keeps disconnecting me when i'm sitting in the queue.

It's doing that to everyone as far as I can tell

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Also, I just noticed that the map tab is gone from the store, and my points got refunded. Maybe they're waiting to roll that out with the abyss packs?

e. think they fixed the auth dc's right as I found the reddit post though, I've stayed in the queue for more than 10 seconds now at least.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
The abyss ghastly jewels for minions.

Prefixs are mostly added damage, but the suffixs can be interesting.

(15-20)% increased Minion Damage if you've used a Minion Skill Recently
Minions have (6-8)% increased Attack and Cast Speed if you or your Minions have Killed Recently
Minions have (4-6)% increased Attack Speed / (4-6)% increased Cast Speed
Minions have (6-8)% chance to Taunt on Hit with Attacks
Minions Regenerate (0.4-0.8)% Life per second
Minions Leech (0.3-0.5)% of Damage as Life
Minions have (6-10)% increased Movement Speed
Minions have (8-12)% increased maximum Life

Keep in mind you can have multiples of these socketed.

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

10bux posted:

Best HOWA build IMO is https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2011311 You might have to augment the build a bit for ST because I believe he uses BF, but it should be no problem.

Also, I've seen people asking how you do CI builds since 3.0. This is a perfect example, high regen, and incandescent heart can be amazing for the right builds.

Build looks solid but his leveling tips are "wait a week into league when you can buy the gear, otherwise good luck lol"

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Goa Tse-tung posted:

:protarget: the 'bin mate

I was off my desktop at the time, here's the relevant builds:

Inquisitor: https://pastebin.com/tF25Dp5B
MoM Necro: https://pastebin.com/5G1NtiJS
Non-MoM Necro: https://pastebin.com/jeU3h6AM

I figured that lvl 20 Firestorm has the same targeting behavior as Volatile Dead and lvl 20 Firestorm does 202 damage per hit on average, lvl 20 Volatile Dead with Spell Cascade does like 460, which is a 227% difference, so I just put +127% more damage on the glove to simulate per hit damage. The flat damage scaling from Anger is difference so I leveled it down but I don't think I did a good job with the math so that number is probably off, it's not a huge difference no matter what. Cast speed is slightly better on VD, base crit is the same, and the only thing you're really looking at is damage per hit.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

I did a glacial cascade totem inquisitor as a starter in harbinger and loved it. The only uniques needed are a soul mantle and 1-2 kikazaru to get out a 3rd totem, and honestly I was in late yellow maps before I even bothered to get that.

GC is in a good place still and is strong pretty much as soon as you can get the gem

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Build looks solid but his leveling tips are "wait a week into league when you can buy the gear, otherwise good luck lol"

It's good advice to be honest, HOTA's literally only drop in maps, and only if you're lucky enough to get a breach to spawn, and only if you're lucky enough that it's an esh breach, and then only if you're lucky enough for them to drop a breach unique.

And then you want that to happen twice, and then you want to either farm up enough splinters for an esh breach stone, and hope that you get a blessing of esh out of it, and then do that a 2nd time, and maybe a third or fourth time.

HOWA's are great, but you should realize that breach uniques aren't exactly easy to get day1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

The abyss ghastly jewels for minions.

Prefixs are mostly added damage, but the suffixs can be interesting.

(15-20)% increased Minion Damage if you've used a Minion Skill Recently
Minions have (6-8)% increased Attack and Cast Speed if you or your Minions have Killed Recently
Minions have (4-6)% increased Attack Speed / (4-6)% increased Cast Speed
Minions have (6-8)% chance to Taunt on Hit with Attacks
Minions Regenerate (0.4-0.8)% Life per second
Minions Leech (0.3-0.5)% of Damage as Life
Minions have (6-10)% increased Movement Speed
Minions have (8-12)% increased maximum Life

Keep in mind you can have multiples of these socketed.

Jesus.