Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Victor Vermis posted:

They did.

They also heard testimony from the dude who left the room like 3 minutes earlier. He said he knew exactly why the cops were there; Shaver was being a tool with a pellet gun that looked like a sniper rifle.

being fat and stupid is a lethal combination

The cop was fat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Victor Vermis posted:

They did.

They also heard testimony from the dude who left the room like 3 minutes earlier. He said he knew exactly why the cops were there; Shaver was being a tool with a pellet gun that looked like a sniper rifle.

You're making fun of a guy who you just watched get shot while on his knees and crying

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Being a tool could be a descriptor of his behavior with the air rifle.
That's not a justification for his execution of course.
I hope that officer eats ramen and ketchup for the rest of his life.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

LingcodKilla posted:

Being a tool could be a descriptor of his behavior with the air rifle.
That's not a justification for his execution of course.
I hope that officer eats ramen and ketchup for the rest of his life.

Did you miss the bit where he said, "Being fat and stupid is a lethal combination"?

It's not a long post.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Victor Vermis posted:

They did.

When I was 19, I was dumb and went shooting in the woods with a friend in suburban New England rather than go to a range.

Someone heard our shots, called the police and said they heard machine gun fire (we were shooting K-98's :lol:). Cops showed up, snuck up behind us and then told us to put our rifles on the ground and then to sit down with our hands on our head.

We were fortunate in that we took our ear pro off as we heard rustling and just stood there rather than investigate the noise with rifles in hand. No one got hurt but had they lit either of us up, it'd likely have been ruled justifiable because we were both holding rifles.

This dude was on the ground, unarmed, and they still loving shot him. Yeah, he made a mistake pulling out his pellet gun, but he didn't deserve to die over it. That cop hosed up and I hope the family gets justice in a civil suit at the very least.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

at the date posted:

Did you miss the bit where he said, "Being fat and stupid is a lethal combination"?

It's not a long post.

Since there was a paragraph break and Shake was not the lethal one (nor fat) here I thought the second paragraph was about the cop who was described as fat a few posts up.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
Someone asked about the jury. I don't give a poo poo.

Cops here say he was a giant tool with a murderboner and I trust their professional judgment.

.. but it is kinda funny dude would still be alive if he tied his drawstring.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Victor Vermis posted:

Cops here say he was a giant tool with a murderboner and I trust their professional judgment.

I dunno, the next round of hokey pokey might have been a killer.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

They would have shot him for something else anyways if the pants hadn't come down.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Stultus Maximus posted:

You should probably refer to her as Sarah Sanders or Huckabee-Sanders. Less confusing.

Mrs Colonel Sanders

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Victor Vermis posted:

It would have been even funnier if it was your child. :byewhore:

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
Also he was on a business trip.

His business? Varmint Eliminator. That's up there with Loosey Distributor.

Cops hate ambitious poors with bullshit start-ups

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

How are cops even real https://twitter.com/ChrisMegerian/status/939154673218605057

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

cops are people

People are horrible

There is always more, it is always worse, you just gotta do the best you can

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

12 UN troops were just killed in Congo.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
So, ACAB.

Got it.

Edit: woah this was not in reply to the Congo thing

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

Just imagine being a juror if that's the case. You go based off of the defense that he appeared to reach for a weapon, and you reach a not guilty verdict, then the video is released online and holy poo poo you just let a murderer walk.

Again, they're putting people who are deeply sympathetic to cops on the jury. They won't lose any sleep over it.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Sorry for the Facebook link, but here's a feelgood video about something we'll probably never see happen

https://www.facebook.com/OfficialEricTurner/videos/1681274751924069/

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007

psydude posted:

12 UN troops were just killed in Congo.

UN has troops?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Burt posted:

FYI you wandered into GIP.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Victor Vermis posted:

Also he was on a business trip.

His business? Varmint Eliminator. That's up there with Loosey Distributor.

Cops hate ambitious poors with bullshit start-ups

Sounds like he was jealous of the guy's title tbh

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

Burt posted:

I laughed at dying cause pants fell down, not sure what's wrong with your sense of humor

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

Report I read was his gun had "You're hosed" etched into it.

No way... :stare:

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
Hate to interrupt the copchat, but there's trouble a brewin' in Gaza

quote:

Hundreds of Palestinians clashed with Israeli forces in the West Bank and Gaza on Friday in protests which were part of a so-called "Day of Rage" over U.S. President Donald Trump's decision to recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel. Dozens were wounded in skirmishes, and at least one Palestinian was killed in Gaza, according to the French news agency AFP.

Demonstrators were furious with the United States for, in their view, unilaterally siding with Israel, CBS News correspondent Seth Doane reports.

Bracing for violence, hundreds of additional Israeli security forces were deployed early Friday morning, while the faithful of all ages, including young men, were allowed into the al-Aqsa mosque in Jerusalem's Old City. One of the holiest sites for Muslims, the mosque is at the heart of the controversy over President Trump's decision, Doane reports.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/west-bank-clashes-on-day-of-rage-after-u-s-jerusalem-move/

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

BigDave posted:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/west-bank-clashes-on-day-of-rage-after-u-s-jerusalem-move/

It's too bad noone saw this coming.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

*victor vermis writes down notes*

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

Nephzinho posted:

It's too bad noone saw this coming.

They did though?

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Burt posted:

I unironically agree.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

lightpole posted:

They did though?

That there's sarcasm, Jim

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

lightpole posted:

They did though?

Jesus Christ

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

lightpole posted:

They did though?
:allears:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Who knew peace in the Middle East would be so hard?

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

LingcodKilla posted:

Who knew peace in the Middle East would be so hard?

It's peace in the Middle East! What could it cost, ten dollars?

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

lightpole posted:

I laughed at dying cause pants fell down, not sure what's wrong with your sense of humor

Not sure what wrong :shrug:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

anthem for 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gE6lohKcDmQ

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

RIP GWAR

E: well not RIP GWAR but RIP Oderus, Haven't listened to their stuff post Dave Brockie's death.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Dec 8, 2017

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

BigDave posted:

Just goes to show what can happen if you let your illegal immigration problem go unchecked

BUILD THAT WALL

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

dude that new vocalist is pretty drat good even if it isn't oderus, check out the album

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Peacekeepers attached to the MONUSCO mission, which is the largest peacekeeping force in the world. The dead were mostly Tanzanian.

It’s been a bad year to be a peacekeeper. In Central African Republic, a bunch of them have gotten killed in recent months, then there was the disaster in South Sudan last year...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

I LICK APE PUSSY posted:

dude that new vocalist is pretty drat good even if it isn't oderus, check out the album

Is he the former Beefcake the Mighty? I recognize his voice from the Road Behind

• Locked thread