Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Facebook tells me it's the 4 year anniversary of me trying to buy a tenth of a bitcoin just to see what happened with it and the wallet loving up and not processing the transaction and me giving up.

27 year old Spoeank that could be over $1000 now :argh:

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Dec 8, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Better tell the cops to start bringing more of 'em in alive

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Ironically cutting the prison budget and just hiring more fire fighters would solve that problem and also be cheaper and better for society in general. But California is retarded in some ways.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

quote:

Joe Arpaio is “seriously, seriously, seriously considering running for the U.S. Senate.”

Hahaha :suicide:

I mean he probably actually isn't and just craves attention but Jesus Christ he might have a shot at making it if he does try.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/939189419386470401

:downsbravo:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Grittybeard posted:

Hahaha :suicide:

I mean he probably actually isn't and just craves attention but Jesus Christ he might have a shot at making it if he does try.

He lost his reelection in his own county. He would get loving wrecked in a statewide contest.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Vertical Lime posted:

you notice there hasn't been any like completely new holiday standards since mariah

that's 20+ years

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q14WYsbFrJk

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

He lost his reelection in his own county. He would get loving wrecked in a statewide contest.

yeah, if can't carry maricopa, no chance in baja arizona

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

dont have four wheel drive, so i had to walk a mile uphill with groceries

gently caress the snow

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Kalli posted:

The police militarization post 9/11 is incredibly hosed, but this has been going on for forever, just look at the history of the LAPD, Chicago, New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia or St. Louis police departments for starters. People are just now getting video of what activists have been screaming about for the last century.

Policing of minorities has always been incredibly hosed, and there's no realistic way to fix it. You'd have to de-militarize, disarm, break the ability of forces to hire scum, and fix the systemic racial segregation that allows police to have a white face and black face.

I mean, in a more perfect world, we'd disarm the police, have them wearing robin's blue uniforms and have them walking their neighborhoods like it's the Andy Griffith show, but there's no real political will to do it, and the groups asking for even the most basic reforms like BLM are demonized to an incredible degree.

The government isn't even capable of counting police murders: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/oct/11/police-killings-counted-harvard-study

The only thing you can realistically do is never the trust the word of a cop on a jury.

There are some innovative ideas out there some municipalities have tested. The ones I like best revolve around pairing police with social workers or mental health professionals and letting them get first crack at a lot of calls police are summoned to deal with. If I built it they'd have separate reporting structures as well to alleviate the blue shield nonsense. Regardless Denver has piloted something along these lines with some great initial results.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

In Atlanta you just know not to call the police.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

The LA solution is pretty good. Become so corrupt and evil that the federal government steps in and takes over.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

He does some variation of this outlier poll tweet like every month and each time the number gets a little lower.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Lol

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/his-support-drops-new-low-trump-makes-history

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I think this article misses the same factor tons of other articles miss; Trump isn't merely wrong about his polling numbers. He takes an approach to everything that says "you make things become true by stating them as truths." His response to poor polling isn't just to deny it is poor polling: he thinks that by repeatedly declaring his polling to be better, that will actually make the polling numbers better. In Trump's world, you create reality by declaration.

This is how he actually won the election. He declared himself the best, insisted he would win, told everyone they loved him and he was great, and then won: a confirmation of the approach. It's how he approaches foreign policy: he declares what the other country will do. Mexico will pay for the wall: not because he's going to use diplomacy to actually convince them to do it, but because by declaring it will happen, it will happen. This is how his whole life has gone: he declares what the reality is, and through the power of inherited money and influence, it magically happened around him.

This is also why he's so susceptible to believing whatever the latest thing someone said to him personally, no matter how much it conflicts with something he previously said: because exactly the same approach actually works on him, too. Anyone in his inner circle can simply tell Trump x, and he'll instantly accept that as the truth, because reality is created by declaration. And it explains his absolute inability to let criticism pass: he's so thin-skinned because anyone who says something bad about him, if left unchecked, will make that bad thing be true. He has to counter the declaration in order to ensure reality isn't altered by it.

Trump's psyche is incapable of grasping the concept that there is an objective reality. He behaves and acts as though he is living in a lucid dream. This is the President of the United States of America.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Is he insane and delusional, OR! is he just an amazing Buddhist

https://twitter.com/nytopinion/status/939071916698210305

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Spoeank posted:

This is the dumbest take of all time.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
In NY Times office:

"Well, we tried to make a literal Nazi seem like a sympathetic character, what should we write about next?"

"Oh oh oh, I got it! What if Trump was secretly a Buddhist monk?"

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Spoeank posted:

Granted, this is satire, but not funny satire

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Perhaps NYT should stick to not trying to be The Onion

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Granted, this is satire, but not funny satire

I feel like the NYTimes should create a specific brand that is satire. Like, the Onion and Clickhole don't also tweet out actual news stories.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
OHANTI YALL

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

swickles posted:

I feel like the NYTimes should create a specific brand that is satire. Like, the Onion and Clickhole don't also tweet out actual news stories.

THought that was the Post

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Also, I keep reading/pronouncing in my head @nytopinion as Newtopion, like some kind of mash up of Newtonian and Utopian.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

a neat cape posted:

OHANTI YALL

If he had been an Angel last season and managed an MVP level WAR, they would have just barely squeaked into the playoffs

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
The Angels will ruin him, much like what WWE has done to Shinsuke Nakamura

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

swickles posted:

Also, I keep reading/pronouncing in my head @nytopinion as Newtopion, like some kind of mash up of Newtonian and Utopian.

Or an esoteric Bojack reference

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

So anyone else excited to binge The Crown Season 2 on Netflix tonight?

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
... I bet he did

https://twitter.com/politico/status/939236795283361792

https://twitter.com/adamgoldmanNYT/status/939242674221191168

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

What's the deal with his mouth

does he have bells palsy

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a neat cape posted:

OHANTI YALL

That's seems like a damned shame going to the Angels.

Congrats though, if in an even bigger shame he somehow went to the Royals I'd be ecstatic.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

That's the face you make when you're making drat sure none of your seed is spilled on the soil.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
This is my favorite one.
https://twitter.com/Mr_Berman/status/939237390912229376

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Haha no loving way

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Sounds like she just missed out on a good investment opportunity.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Intruder posted:

If he had been an Angel last season and managed an MVP level WAR, they would have just barely squeaked into the playoffs

It's fun to watch good players play for your team, even if the team doesn't win the title

You watch the Rockets don't you?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

You mean the Rockets that haven't missed the playoffs in years? Sure

That mostly has to do with them being the local team too though. I'm hardly a proud San Diegan cheering for two LA teams and a Texas team

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Oh please get on John Edwards' level

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/john-edwards-and-rielle-2009219/

quote:

John Edwards promised mistress Rielle Hunter that he'd marry her once his wife Elizabeth died of cancer, Edwards' former aide alleges in a shocking new book proposal.

According to a copy obtained by the New York Times, Andrew Young claims Edwards told Hunter that the ceremony would take place on a New York rooftop and feature an appearance by the Dave Matthews Band.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I feel like what the Mariners pulled with Ohtani makes them the Cleveland Browns of the MLB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Intruder posted:

What's the deal with his mouth

does he have bells palsy

It looks to me like a hairlip or cleft palette repair. They're typically done in early infancy and can leave the upper lip looking weird.

• Locked thread