Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Sabreseven posted:

My Nephew (7 y/o) just made something in Gimp for the thread. :)

Tell him he hosed up. The addition has too much fidelity and doesn't fit in well with the original.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Sabreseven posted:

"Kung Lao wins. FATALITY."

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

loving lol

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Now, aside from the Abuminable, business goes on as usual.

Sabreseven posted:

That's higher quality than a lot of what we see around here!

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

He's a rude dude, that South Carolina born and raised Trump Hatter. Ain't no gimmick.

Bayonnefrog posted:

Thanks for the replies. I've already really enjoyed my first month following this thread. It's why I joined. The SC reddit wouldn't engage in anyone with a different opinion and flip out.. Everyone here seems to be more level headed and reasonable. Which was way different from what I had heard after playing Eve Online for years.
SA is massive and has a huge variety in sub-communities. If you dig around you can probably find lots of crazies somewhere. But the forums have no mechanism to encourage migration so they tend to remain divided.

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

Sabreseven posted:

He's overqualified for a CIG job

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Sabreseven posted:

Gift him an account, let him post here.

SCtrumpHaters
Oct 28, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
Just want to make something perfectly clear and theres no accusations of gimmickry and trolling.

I loving love Businessman, WWE Aficionado, Reality TV Star, Horticultural Trellis Enthusiast, and President of the United States Donald J. Trump.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

Bayonnefrog posted:

Thanks for the replies. I've already really enjoyed my first month following this thread. It's why I joined. The SC reddit wouldn't engage in anyone with a different opinion and flip out.. Everyone here seems to be more level headed and reasonable. Which was way different from what I had heard after playing Eve Online for years.

EVE goons aren't actually even majority composed of SA users.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

SCtrumpHaters posted:

Just want to make something perfectly clear and theres no accusations of gimmickry and trolling.

I loving love Businessman, WWE Aficionado, Reality TV Star, Horticultural Trellis Enthusiast, and President of the United States Donald J. Trump.

Yeah, it says so in your av

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Bayonnefrog posted:

To paraphrase The Mittani-when responding to a Slack question about how he was able to so adeptly handle all the people trying to rip him in the Eve slack channel he responded something like it was years of practice dealing with SA Goons and said "imagine trying to eat 1,000 Hitlers every single day" or something to that effect. So that was my impression of this site coming in lol.

That nerd enjoys his internet bad guy act a bit too much TBH. I mean, yea, sure - the goons here enjoyed it a lot back when this looked like it might actually become a game, but the moment most here saw it was never gonna be anything other than a horrible tech demo, finding the willpower to act like a bad guy over it p much amounts to :flaccid:

CrazyLoon fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Dec 8, 2017

SCtrumpHaters
Oct 28, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

big nipples big life posted:

Yeah, it says so in your av

yea I'm in good company too. Thanks whoever is doing that.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

SCtrumpHaters posted:

yea I'm in good company too. Thanks whoever is doing that.

it's the newbie av

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
I made a new .gif for the thread. I have a feeling it will be used a lot.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

I based my personality on the default avatar when I joined too.

SCtrumpHaters
Oct 28, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

thatguy posted:

I made a new .gif for the thread. I have a feeling it will be used a lot.

Ouch

But I guess its what I deserve for pretending to be a republican in gbs 9 years ago for a dozen posts.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

SCtrumpHaters posted:

Ouch

But I guess its what I deserve for pretending to be a republican in gbs 9 years ago for a dozen posts.

This is your least entertaining incarnation.

SCtrumpHaters
Oct 28, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

XK posted:

This is your least entertaining incarnation.

You've ridden this gimmick for 16 years maybe its time for a change.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

SCtrumpHaters posted:

Ouch

I'm all for you coming here and making a few "true believer" posts and tricking people every now and then but it's kind of grating when you do it hundreds of times in a row. The reports probably only go to Beer and Beet anyway so it doesn't really matter.

SCtrumpHaters
Oct 28, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

thatguy posted:

I'm all for you coming here and making a few "true believer" posts and tricking people every now and then but it's kind of grating when you do it hundreds of times in a row. The reports probably only go to Beer and Beet anyway so it doesn't really matter.

I haven't made a true believer post since past like the first day or so.

Star Citizen loving sucks, CIG sucks. But dudes like Agent Mothman, Cymelion, and Lethality have been 10x more correct about the state and direction of the project over the last year or two. Especially in their predictions.

I'm trying to expose some of the bullshit and correct that.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

SCtrumpHaters posted:

(I've skipped most of your posts so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.)

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

SCtrumpHaters posted:

Star Citizen loving sucks, CIG sucks. But dudes like Agent Mothman, Cymelion, and Lethality have been 10x more correct about the state and direction of the project over the last year or two. Especially in their predictions.

You bore me, and that's saying a lot since I'm pathetic and boring myself.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Sunswipe posted:

"Kung Lao wins. FATALITY."

Nephew says "Fanks vewy much cool gewns!" for all the kind words regarding his artistic ability. :)

SCtrumpHaters
Oct 28, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

ManofManyAliases posted:

That's okay.Causing the thread to explode for 300 posts everytime you posted "I like star citizen" made me go crazy.

This is partially your fault.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

SCtrumpHaters posted:

"Never stop fighting till the fight is done"

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Episode 2

My self-imposed mission is the same as the one I completely failed to do last time: complete any one quest successfully.

Attempt #1:
I wake up in the wank pod, but something is... different. The screen is black- but not the black of a disconnect. The only things I can see in the room are internally-lit objects like the door controls. Everything else is a foggy, nearly-pitch-black void. My flashlight kind of makes a blob in the middle of the screen but refuses to illuminate anything- like the surfaces refuse to be lit. I begin to recall The Terrible Secret of Animal Crossing and wonder if perhaps, at last, I've stumbled on the true face of Star Citizen. Then I scare the poo poo out of myself when I exit the wankpod and come face to face with murky, shambling NPC's just standing there staring aimlessly. Well that's just good and horrifying.

Thankfully I have spawned-in-wankpod so many times I know the routes by heart at this point, so I make my way in the darkness downstairs to the ship spawner. Passing a window, the sunlight coming through illuminates the station and the areas where it touches look perfectly normal. So I guess there's some kind of ambient lighting and it's failing to render? It's really eerie. Other commandos are racing past and having no issues with sight so I assume this is something that only affects me locally. Ironically, my performance is great today- I am easily hitting 20+ fps even though I can't see anything. I did add more RAM between episodes, which may be making the difference. I make it to the spawner and suddenly the illumination snaps on throughout the station, just like that. Great? Not wanting to take this sudden visibility for granted, I decide to go shopping. They changed the PTU recently such that everyone starts with a million credits and no items, so if you want armor or guns you have to go buy them. I hadn't done it before so I figure why the hell not, how bad can it be. Clearly I'd forgotten that this is Star Citizen.

I walk into the first shop, some herp-derp armor pun I wasn't really paying attention. It's full of mannequins wearing what basically looks like recolors of the same suit over and over, and also 3 actual sets of armor. As I walk in, a commando walks up to one of the mannequins and teleports the suit onto his body. I know he didn't just equip a copy of the suit because it literally teleports, leaving the mannequin's head floating silently in the void. I kind of reflect for a minute that even with the lights on, Star Citizen isn't that much less of a horror show. Whatever, I want armor. I go over to the armor stand which is where I have my first encounter with CIG's un-loving-believably awful shop interface.

See, in Citizenland, you don't get to click a shopkeeper and see a list of merchandise. No. You have to go mouse over the physical piece of merchandise, somewhere in the store, and "Interact" with it. All this does is tell you the name and the price. Oh good I can get a Fuckstick 5000 for just 800 credits- but what is it and what does it do? No idea. They won't tell you. If you click "Purchase" your commando will enter the unskippable 2 second animation of bringing up his Moby-Glass, and then a little purchase screen will pop up with some bullshit flavor text that also doesn't tell you what the item is or what it does. Well. Sometimes it'll pop up the purchase screen. About half the time, the act of starting the animation pulls your cursor off of the item, and then the game forgets what you were looking at, and you end up looking at the regular Moby-Glass main menu instead. Then you have to close it, another 2 second animation, recenter on the item, and reopen. You have to do this for every item you want. You want to buy clips? Yeah have loving fun with that, you are going to have to FIND the proper weapon clip in a big pile of tiny box-shaped polygons, then hover on it to interact, then get your menu to loving open to the right thing. For every individual clip.

But it gets better. See you can't just hit "I" for inventory and drag this poo poo over to your character, oh no. You have to use the already-loathsome Moby-Glass some more! There's a loadout screen with expandable rows for stuff like "Armor" and "Utility" and "Undersuit" and "Weapons." Expand one and you will see approximately seven million loving slots, none of which are labelled. There are literally a dozen slots just for ammo clips and you bet your loving rear end Chris Roberts expects you to painstakingly fill each one with one of those clips you purchased individually. Are you thrilling at the gameplay yet? Every time you equip one, all of the menus collapse back to the start, and you get to hunt back through the tree to find where you were. And every time you "Save" your character vanishes into the ether and then reappears, now actually wearing all of the garbage you're hanging on him. That's right, everything in your inventory is rendered on your loving character. You might be saying "Now hold on, that sounds cool- you could see what other people are carrying!" But I remind you again that this is Star Citizen, so literally all of the clips are featureless grey boxes and all of the guns are indistinguishable grey lumps- some bigger than others. And they all have a million polygons so guess what happens when a bunch of commandos run on the screen, items jingling and jangling all over the loving place? Chris Roberts cums, I'm guessing, and your frames drop to zero. So anyway I buy armor. One piece at a time, head-chest-arms-legs-boots or whatever, then equip it laboriously. I go for the heaviest possible armor because why the hell not, if I'm going to all this trouble I might as well get something out of it.

That's when I discover that armor loving sucks. You think Star Citizen is garbage to play normally? Try playing the game with about 50% of your monitor occluded by the inside of your own goddamn helmet. HELMETS DON'T loving WORK LIKE THIS, CHRIS. Why in gently caress's sake would anyone wear a helmet that prevented them from seeing? On top of that, the weight of the armor actually slows your character down. So have fun moving at a crawl while completely loving blind, I guess! But don't worry because you won't be moving for long, since wearing armor causes your heart rate to shoot up. Did I mention that if your heart rate goes high enough, your screen starts to black out? So there's some more screen occlusion for you! I get about 20 feet down a hallway before my spaceman is wheezing like a geriatric, the tiny portion of the screen I can actually see fading in and out of blackness due to his exhaustion. Then I take the god drat armor off.

Dropping the idiotic sideshow that is inventory, I go and spawn the complimentary constellation that all PTU users get and fly it to Levski. I figure if the frames are good I will jitter my way down to the base, load up some cargo, and maybe meet Miles "Technicolor Dream Jacket" Eckhart while I'm there. Moving cargo isn't technically a mission but I will take what I can loving get in this piece of crap. I point the nose of the ship at Levski and immediately plow face-first into the loving planet. What?

No, really. Usually flying to planets takes 5+ minutes but I forgot that Levski is on this tiny little asteroid, that just so happens to have an atmosphere (what) and also just so happens to be covered in moon craters (WHAT) that just so happen to look exactly like actual normal-sized moon craters would when viewed from space, even though they're like 10 feet wide (WHAT). So I'd pointed my nose at the planet, boosted, and then turned away to pick up a book- reading material during trips being a common thing among commandos now. It couldn't even have been 30 seconds before my ship bounced off the planet at full speed. For a Constellation this is about 900 m/s which is about 2000 miles per hour so naturally this does literally no damage (WHAT) and my ship just spins a little bit before righting itself. Okay, I was mistaken- one of the little front-fan side finny things popped off. This does not noticeably impact the ship's performance in any way.

So I go skimming along the surface of Delamar at about 5 feet, with all of the details making it look like I'm 10 miles up, and eventually make it to the mining base Levski. This place is really hopping- there's like 5 commando ships here which for Star Citizen is the equivalent of the Stormwind auction house steps. Naturally my FPS takes a poo poo due to all of this activity and I end up in a kind of uncontrolled drift-crash into the main tower. Luckily my ship and the largely-glass tower come away completely unscathed from another 2000mph impact. Somehow I manage to hang onto my bandolier of clips and medpens as well. Fidelity! I request landing, one system which miraculously has not actually failed yet, and am directed to one of the big hangar pits with the door that slides open for me to lower my ship through.

I sail down in the shaft of sunlight from the overhead door, and safely touch down. Powering the ship off, I step down to the landing pad. That's odd, I can only see the areas that the sunlight is touch- oh no. The darkness. The narrow area of visibility shrinks, the door overhead sliding shut as I desperately scramble back to the ship, trying to lift off before it's too late. But I'm too slow. The light fades and I'm left in that black murk again. This time in an unfamiliar station with absolutely no illumination to guide me.

<to be continued>

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

ManofManyAliases posted:

now kiss

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Sarsapariller posted:

<to be continued>

Don't stop, I'm almost there

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

SCtrumpHaters posted:

. But dudes like Agent Mothman, Cymelion, and Lethality have been 10x more correct about the state and direction of the project over the last year or two. Especially in their predictions.

May want to pick some different examples if you aren't a troll.

troll.

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

It's sad when TouchdownTim55 can get more people upset here than on r/starcitizen

Just downvote and move on.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Drunk Theory posted:

Star Citizens have their jpgs, and we have ours.

Ours are cheaper, cuter, and they aren't limited time only. Don't come with LTI though.

Typical use case:

Dusty Lens posted:

I know someone else took care of the snipe but I think there's some kind of potential here. Someone who knows how to art could maybe pgabz this cat up and give the little star the ol razzle dazle.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Twitch is either broken, or being honest

SCtrumpHaters
Oct 28, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

MilesK posted:

It's sad when TouchdownTim55 can get more people upset here than on r/starcitizen

Just downvote and move on.

The mods dont approve any of his comments so hes dead

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/angelimenta/status/939001810068447232

https://twitter.com/angelimenta/status/939179681953148928

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

CrazyLoon posted:

Actual answer with words, you'll find talking about cattes or about your favorite cooking recipes or, poo poo, just about anything other than how depressing the Star Citizen story is becomes quite vital to one's mental health.

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

Disclaimer: LoD is a bad game.

How can any human being look at LoD and make fun of it after paying for star citizen.

"Oh, it crashed!" He says, looking at LoD, as he plays star citizen.

"Here's footage of when multiple people were online... The server didn't handle it very well." He says, looking at LoD as he plays star citizen.

"Ha, that guy is on fire." He says, looking at LoD, while the flaming oil crawls down his scalp and the back of his neck, roasting him in the most painful of ways, inextinguishable, unremovable at he claws at his own flesh to try to get the greasy burning mess out of his hair, but only serving to burn his fingernails off as the oil spreads to his hands. Chris Roberts smacks his lips and smiles, pushing his puffy cheeks up into his eyes as his powers of vision allow him to see how much people love star citizen. He refills the oil bucket and throws it onto his dedicated video-maker again, coating his shoulders and his upper back, which immediately catch fire. The flames quickly burn through the fat on his body and begin affecting the muscles, which make his arms twitch and flail wildly, no longer able to attempt to remove the flames, not that they could. Robberts nods and chuckles. "Aha. Yes. Yeah." He mumbles quietly into the camera as he fills the bucket again.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Because your laptop that can't handle the Rift totally has enough horsepower to run Star Citizen well

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/manbearcat/status/939166784430542849

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,
Just a quick update, I’m currently loving killing it at the office holiday luncheon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Bayonnefrog posted:

To paraphrase The Mittani-when responding to a Slack question about how he was able to so adeptly handle all the people trying to rip him in the Eve slack channel he responded something like it was years of practice dealing with SA Goons and said "imagine trying to eat 1,000 Hitlers every single day" or something to that effect. So that was my impression of this site coming in lol.

Yeah, that sounds like mittens. And everything you heard was true.

SCtrumpHaters posted:

Keepin' it real.

SCtrumpHaters posted:

....Horticultural Trellis Enthusiast....

mods, mods, MODS!!!