Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Everything was good about this chapter, except for the parts where Mangastream went and Mangastreamed the translation in jank ways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Hopeford posted:

My favorite part of the chapter is how Todoroki has the unmistakable "Goddamn it dad, you're gonna embarrass me aren't you" look on his face.

Poor guy.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Glad to see Present Mic again

Also wind kid's mannerisms remind me of Papyrus

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

so Deku didn't tell anyone about the Camie/Toga thing ? :thunk:

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

frajaq posted:

so Deku didn't tell anyone about the Camie/Toga thing ? :thunk:

To be fair, a lot has happened between when he realized it and now. Plus, he only just got back the day before.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

JahRoo posted:

It would make sense if Toga just knocked Camie the gently caress out before the first provisional license exam, and didn't actually kidnap her or anything. I seriously doubt they would've been able to keep her locked up without Toga having to impersonate her all the time.

it would not because now you have camie back at school, knowing she was attacked and lost blood while the other people in her class saw her participate in the license exam. it doesn't exactly take a genius to put two and two together from there, even if they don't suspect the va or toga specifically

you could totally be right but this'd be pretty stupid if it were the case and I'd want an explanation for it

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
if Camie/Kemi had been being impersonated for entire school days for weeks now by Toga, she's not in good shape.

That's rough buddy

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
I hope Endeavor does their provisional license training and is a big dork to both of them about the last battle of sports festival and there's lots of him and bakugou getting up in each others grills.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

At this point I honestly think Endeavor never realized his son did not like him very much.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Nonexistence posted:

I hope Endeavor does their provisional license training and is a big dork to both of them about the last battle of sports festival and there's lots of him and bakugou getting up in each others grills.

I really do not want the abusive piece of poo poo dad to be a wacky comedy character

There's really no words for how much I'd hate that

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
The best part of an already good part of the chapter is Mina checking on Kirishima

Fabricated posted:

That's rough buddy

I appreciated this

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Toga impersonating Camie for such a long time doesn't make sense, since she can't replicate Camie's own Quirk and that would get noticed by her classmates. (Unless Toga fakes Camie calling in sick or something I suppose)

If it's the real Camie then there may be some memory-erasing thing going on from some member of the VA we haven't seen yet

Or third long shot option, Camie is in cahoots with Toga the whole time

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

blizzardvizard posted:

Toga impersonating Camie for such a long time doesn't make sense, since she can't replicate Camie's own Quirk and that would get noticed by her classmates. (Unless Toga fakes Camie calling in sick or something I suppose)

If it's the real Camie then there may be some memory-erasing thing going on from some member of the VA we haven't seen yet

Do note, this Camie has her shirt buttoned up, while Toga did not.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
There's always the possibility of a Twice clone that doesn't know they're a Twice clone.

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

Maybe Toga Himiko is a fake villain identity and Camie is who she really is :tinfoil:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Blockhouse posted:

I really do not want the abusive piece of poo poo dad to be a wacky comedy character

:same:

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Well, look. Twice clones have their own independent motivations, personality, appearance, and Quirk as the original, right? What's to say they didn't clone her while she was asleep one night, drugged her, and put the clone in bed? The clone wouldn't know it wasn't a clone, which frees up the real Camie for Toga to turn into a Bloody Mary on two legs.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Schrödinger's Camie.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Well, look. Twice clones have their own independent motivations, personality, appearance, and Quirk as the original, right? What's to say they didn't clone her while she was asleep one night, drugged her, and put the clone in bed? The clone wouldn't know it wasn't a clone, which frees up the real Camie for Toga to turn into a Bloody Mary on two legs.

That's a good theory, but I'm pretty sure Twice can only make one clone at a time. If he had a permanent Camie running around, then he couldn't make any more clones, and we saw him make clones during the Overhaul raid.

The only reason he could make an army of himself during his flashback is because each clone still had his Quirk, so the clones could also make one clone each.

If Twice can make two or more clones at a time, its a secret he's been keeping in his back pocket for a rainy day.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Blockhouse posted:

If he does, I'll wonder what message Horikoshi is trying to send.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

gnome7 posted:

That's a good theory, but I'm pretty sure Twice can only make one clone at a time. If he had a permanent Camie running around, then he couldn't make any more clones, and we saw him make clones during the Overhaul raid.

The only reason he could make an army of himself during his flashback is because each clone still had his Quirk, so the clones could also make one clone each.

If Twice can make two or more clones at a time, its a secret he's been keeping in his back pocket for a rainy day.

Even if he can only create one clone, and that clone can only create one clone, that doesn't rule out the original creating a clone of himself, then the clone of himself cloning Camie, then killing the clone of himself, thus freeing up his one slot.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

pretty sure that's not how it works

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Even if he can only create one clone, and that clone can only create one clone, that doesn't rule out the original creating a clone of himself, then the clone of himself cloning Camie, then killing the clone of himself, thus freeing up his one slot.

He never makes any clones of himself after the incident because of the psychological trauma. He said so himself to the yakuza.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

blizzardvizard posted:

I assume she actually did call in sick or something the first time and just didn't tell anyone. Then Toga took over and showed up so when the real her came back everyone was like "Sucks that you failed" and she wasn't the least bit suspicious.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Twice needs to clone Deku so it can be a constant cycle of Deku feeding himself his own hair to gain strength.

He'll end up as bald AND as strong as Saitama.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Nuebot posted:

I assume she actually did call in sick or something the first time and just didn't tell anyone. Then Toga took over and showed up so when the real her came back everyone was like "Sucks that you failed" and she wasn't the least bit suspicious.

This would suck. Big time. I can see it happening though. No one in manga ever talks to each other.
I'd hope horikoshi wouldn't do that, because what'd about every conversation about the test would be a giant misunderstanding and that means camie never once said, "what are you talking about?"

Rodenthar Drothman fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Dec 9, 2017

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I dunno how the gently caress real Camie is alive if Toga has been regularly impersonating her for weeks now. Even if she only came to school like 2-3 days a week the original is basically exsanguinated by now.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
She very clearly doesn't need a pint of blood every time she transforms since we saw her go from Camie to Ura and back in the middle of a fight. I think it's a pint and she just has your form saved

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Dec 9, 2017

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

She very clearly doesn't need a pint of blood every time she transforms since we saw her go from Camie to Ura and back in the middle of a fight. I think it's a pint and she just has your form saved

Yeah, I think the mechanics as Toga explained them suggest a cuppa is about 24 hours of nonconsecutive transformed time. Toga doesn't necessarily have to be Camie all that time -- the blood is fuel, it only gets expended while she's transformed, so she just spends time alone and in her regular form to conserve battery life. If she's only doing it at school, a regular school day isn't going to eat through her entire charge.

Alternate answer: Camie's quirk is regeneration and she just keeps getting more blood.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

1 cup measurement is a little under half a pint, so a pint taken means she'd get a bit over two days worth of transformation.

What motivataion would Toga have to butt in on this exam anyway? Deku's not going to be there.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Camie is Toga's sister. She can transform into people by consuming their hair.

Her and Deku meet and bond. Toga fumes with jealousy.

Hopeford
Oct 15, 2010

Eh, why not?

Mordaedil posted:

If he does, I'll wonder what message Horikoshi is trying to send.

If he does, I'd assume it's editorial pressure not to go that far. He was fairly consistent in how he was treating Endeavor, so doing an 180 on that would likely be editorial pressure is my guess.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Twice stated he can create two clones. Though it appears that once he has all the requirements to create a clone the original does not even have to be nearby for him to create one. (As he created a Compress Clone while the real one was with Shigaraki.)

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Twice's quirk is gonna be really dangerous with the new guy.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

RatHat posted:

Twice's quirk is gonna be really dangerous with the new guy.

I wonder if the size of a person makes it harder to clone them?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Scholtz posted:

Twice needs to clone Deku so it can be a constant cycle of Deku feeding himself his own hair to gain strength.

He'll end up as bald AND as strong as Saitama.

Please don't spoil the end of the series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I think this is the first Midnight cosplay I've seen.