Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

You'll be okay if you set your expectations to absolute zero (or, below zero, as you may in fact lose exp) the problem with the stepping stone guilds on the server is they usually have a lot of people who aren't very good at EQ and when someone is bad at EQ they are in like the bottom percentile of all video gamers, just don't expect people to even be able to do simple stuff like move their characters around a corner without loving it up and killing everyone. Imagine playing basketball with toddlers, it's probably like that.

Also if you actually raided tov/sleeper's tomb in era on live be ready to have your eyes roll out of your loving head at the hilarious pedestal people put the 'difficulty' on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Justaddwater posted:

So whats the raid scene look like? Who are the major raiding guilds? I hate myself just enough that I want to try it.

Awakened and Aftermath are at the top.

Paradigm Shift is an up and comer starting to compete for the lower contested spawns.

khysanth
Jun 10, 2009

Still love you, Homar

Justaddwater posted:

So whats the raid scene look like? Who are the major raiding guilds? I hate myself just enough that I want to try it.

You do not want to raid on P99. Two guilds monopolize all of the content and the server admins only make things worse with layers and layers of bullshit rules and favoritism.

Be prepared to join a "batphone" that will send you text messages when a mob spawns so you can log in and attempt to kill it before the other guild.

Not recommended for well-adjusted human adults.

anachron
Jan 23, 2004
On invis banking in freeport: there is a roaming guard that sees invis that paths by the gate occasionally so con and be careful heading into town

Summit
Mar 6, 2004

David wanted you to have this.
You generally have to be wary of all guards because if a mob is charmed it gains see invis forever. And if the charmer fails to kill the guard it just hangs out surprising people until someone kills it off or server resets.

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

Joining a mid-range guild is a waste of time if you really want to raid. Get 60 and app Awakened or Aftermath. They are virtually identical although I will say that AM is really good at raid tactics while AW has better strategy. However unless you wanna get super involved with pulls or poopsocking tracking that won't matter.

Source: I raid with both on various toons.

FayGate fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Dec 9, 2017

si
Apr 26, 2004
Are the filthy casual social guilds worth joining? I run into a fair number of Kittens people who all seem pretty chill. I've grouped with a couple Dawn Believers people who also seem alright (and actively recruiting). It'd be nice to have some people to talk to outside of just local /ooc - but I don't know the downsides. Was hoping Unknown Guild had people on regularly, but I don't really see anyone other than Chairman Mauser every now and again.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I would log in but I’m super stuck into Ark at the moment. I still want to keep leveling my smite DEX paladin and I also want to start my role play fungi troll warrior who goes 1-50 in solely Innoruk Swamp and Upper/Lower Guk.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Justaddwater posted:

Sheeit I didn't know you were a goon my dude, I'm Gatmanno. Good times charming in PoG the other night, get 60 soon. :3:

Justaddwater
Jul 4, 2006

Meatgrinder posted:

If it is anything like on Live the raiding guilds will have gear and level requirements. You can grind out your epic, some planar and ToV gear with Kittens, which should give you a descent start, but real end game raiding is about being level 60 and getting your resists up there.

Thanks, main issue is that stuff like ToV happens in USTZ in Kittens and I'm EU. :smith:

si posted:

Are the filthy casual social guilds worth joining? I run into a fair number of Kittens people who all seem pretty chill. I've grouped with a couple Dawn Believers people who also seem alright (and actively recruiting). It'd be nice to have some people to talk to outside of just local /ooc - but I don't know the downsides. Was hoping Unknown Guild had people on regularly, but I don't really see anyone other than Chairman Mauser every now and again.

Kittens is a great guild, especially if your in USTZ. Super chill and a great group of helpful people. Dawn Believers seem to be a pure leveling guild, don't know much more about them then that though.

Justaddwater
Jul 4, 2006

FayGate posted:

Joining a mid-range guild is a waste of time if you really want to raid. Get 60 and app Awakened or Aftermath. They are virtually identical although I will say that AM is really good at raid tactics while AW has better strategy. However unless you wanna get super involved with pulls or poopsocking tracking that won't matter.

Source: I raid with both on various toons.

Went on a open PoG raid with Awakened (Hi Zodium!) last week and came away pretty impressed. Forums seem to say you can app at 55+ but I guess I'll have get my resists up. Way up to 150 MR heh.

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est
Oh I'm EU as well, but I'm on p99 to do stuff I haven't done on live, and I raided every drat thing after Naggy/Voxx up to Plane of Time so I'm basically questing, tradeskilling, playing wis casters and dungeoncrawling. Those things are actually fairly doable in a EU timeslot.

I looked around for some European guilds when I first started out but I have had nothing but negative encounters with people in Europa, so I gave up on that and just went with whoever seemed nice.

Eptar
Jan 14, 2003
Oh no, not again.

si posted:

I've been in azure guard for a number of years and i have to say i've been really happy, mostly because the people are so chill. Unlike awakened or aftermath, AG has no play time / raid attendance requirements; sometimes I get busy and can't play for weeks / months at a time, but i'm able to jump right back into it when i'm ready, and was able to get my wiz epic with them no problem. One thing worth noting is that we do large raid targets as part of the Casual Scum Guild alliance (CSG), which consists of azure guard, omni, and europa. We have the numbers to take out top level targets like the avatar of war and Vulak, but awakened and Aftermath beat us to the punch the majority of the time.

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

25% exp bonus for next 10 days.

trauma llama
Jun 16, 2015
Whelp, just got access to my mind 20’s Druid again. So it looks like I’ll be jumping back into this mess.

Too bad my gear is garbage. Where should I go hunting at 22-25 ish? Looks like I’m in EK right now and I hate the karanas.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

trauma llama posted:

Whelp, just got access to my mind 20’s Druid again. So it looks like I’ll be jumping back into this mess.

Too bad my gear is garbage. Where should I go hunting at 22-25 ish? Looks like I’m in EK right now and I hate the karanas.

EK is awesome for your level. Tons of stuff to charm kite, or get a druid to join you and team charm kill.

I'd ride that till mobs turn green. Old world zones give better exp and have easier mobs than kunark or velious.

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est

moolchaba posted:

EK is awesome for your level. Tons of stuff to charm kite, or get a druid to join you and team charm kill.

I'd ride that till mobs turn green. Old world zones give better exp and have easier mobs than kunark or velious.

Whatever you do, avoid everything that might offer a challenge, a new experience or fun.

Seriously though, the dungeon people flock to at your level is Unrest. Outdoor zones are Lake of Ill Omen and Warsliks Woods, I guess.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

trauma llama posted:

I think I did gargoyles on spectre island in OoT at around that point. The money you get vendoring gargoyle eyes cannot be beat.

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

Some guy named Jody from Unknown Guild asked me if I had stairs in my house, and then gave me 500k plat. I just asked for a guild invite but he just gave me money and logged off haha. Who do I /tell for an invite? Who the gently caress is that guy? Thanks dude.

I just started as a human SK

edit; Just bought a fungi

Malaria fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Dec 27, 2017

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...

Malaria posted:

Some guy named Jody from Unknown Guild asked me if I had stairs in my house, and then gave me 500k plat. I just asked for a guild invite but he just gave me money and logged off haha. Who do I /tell for an invite? Who the gently caress is that guy? Thanks dude.

He's a legend.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Malaria posted:

has Braknar death touched you yet?

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!"
Just post your character name in the thread if you want a guild invite. I can hop on my cleric, Bertbert, and send out some invites this week.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Malaria posted:

Some guy named Jody from Unknown Guild asked me if I had stairs in my house, and then gave me 500k plat

lmao

thread title

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

repawted for RMT

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
Is anyone logging into Unknown Guild with regularity? I'm thinking to hand off guild lead again. I am finally through with this game after 18 years... hahahahahah FREEE FREEEEEEEEEE

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013
I'm logging in from time to time with Haughty. I wouldn't mind an officer status, at least. Would be nice to be able to tag people.

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

moolchaba posted:

Is anyone logging into Unknown Guild with regularity? I'm thinking to hand off guild lead again. I am finally through with this game after 18 years... hahahahahah FREEE FREEEEEEEEEE

I'll take it if you can stomach that!

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!"
Klaymen could make it work. I'll be online later

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...
Kittens and Paradigm Shift killed Vulak. News at 11!

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Anarch posted:

Kittens and Paradigm Shift killed Vulak. News at 11!

Good for them! Nice folks in both of those guilds.

sailormoon
Jun 28, 2014

fighting evil by moonlight
winning love by daylight

Does Blue still have an active goon guild or should I go to another server to chatter with goons while I play?

I'm looking at a 'new' MMO to play and I think I'm going to cave in and play either Project 1999 or Final Fantasy XI.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

sailormoon posted:

Does Blue still have an active goon guild or should I go to another server to chatter with goons while I play?

I'm looking at a 'new' MMO to play and I think I'm going to cave in and play either Project 1999 or Final Fantasy XI.

Blue has lots of goons but most are in other more active guilds. A few of us are in the goon guild but not a ton are on at any given time.

What server would you play XI on?

Fat Aggression
Aug 18, 2006

I just started on Blue if anyone wants to group up. IGN: Sylais, currently 13 31 enchanter. I joined Kittens based on someone's recommendation and though so far no grouping has come from it, they seem quite active and a mostly chill guild.

Fat Aggression fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Jan 11, 2018

wazu
Jan 26, 2004

sailormoon posted:

There are a few goons on Red 99 in Sanctuary. BTW, if anyone tries out Red and needs a few plat send me (Wazu) a tell.

Eptar
Jan 14, 2003
Oh no, not again.

Malaria posted:

lmao dude, thats amazing. My main that has hundreds of days logged after years of playing could only be cashed out for about 40k, and that would involve selling poo poo I won with DKP, thus violating guild rules. gently caress thats amazing lol, spend it well =D

Pathos
Sep 8, 2000

Hell I’m level 31 and I have like 600 plat tops. That’s so cool. Enjoy the riches!

retpocileh
Oct 15, 2003
Got banned for RMT within 12 hours of buying an account. Only logged onto it twice for a total of 15 minutes, previous owner hadn’t touched it in months.

I’m honestly impressed.

Don’t be stupid like me, seems like RMT is exceedingly hard to get away with on P99 these days.

Canna Happy
Jul 11, 2004
The engine, code A855, has a cast iron closed deck block and split crankcase. It uses an 8.1:1 compression ratio with Mahle cast eutectic aluminum alloy pistons, forged connecting rods with cracked caps and threaded-in 9 mm rod bolts, and a cast high

Back in the day Amelinda had an Etsy gourmet marshmallow store that you could order from for in game favors and looking the other way.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Thank god I sold my 50 bard years ago because I installed this again and had nothing so it was so tedious I had to uninstall it again.

Saved me from myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
I played EQ from release til Velious. I know the game controls like a giant bag of rear end but every handful of years I am still tempted to go back. The fact that this server doesn't allow multi-boxing actually sounds really promising, but man. I feel like a crazy person for even considering this.

Goons, convince me this is a terrible idea.