Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Now that BOTW is officially GOTY Nintendo should celebrate by adding a Link Gannondorf Blade to Xenoblade Chronicles 2. :black101:

njsykora posted:

Today in random announcements out of nowhere.
https://twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/939101436167753728

Not a direct port, but an update which includes some new content and classes you say? :retogaming:

Gonna buy this and play it after I finish Xenoblade... which I'm 30+ hours in to and still in Chapter 4 because I keep running around doing side quests and exploring. Also trying to kill the named enemies that I can (only level 35) so I can fill as much of Zenobia's affinity chart as possible because she is a goddamn beast.

Never played any of the Bayonette games but it's cool to know that's going to live on and give people more options on their Switch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

just realized Romancing Saga 2 is that game about "7 heroes who saved the world then got corrupted" and happens to have the greatest final boss music ever created. for a long while only saw bits and pieces of this game in certain places but I never really knew that much about it besides the interesting plot point. is it really a big deal that it's now localized? I have zero knowledge about what makes it unique compared to any other Final Fantasyesque game released in the 90s.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Nier and HZD were fantastic, but not GOTY fantastic. For me it's a coin toss between SMO and BotW, if I had to choose I would pick BotW.

I couldn't get into Binding of Issac or Nuclear Throne, but something just clicked for me with Enter the Gungeon. It's not for everybody, but if it's for you there's 60+ hours of entertainment.

Between XC2, getting 100% in SMO, Assassin's Creed: Origins and Divinity Original Sin 2 both of which I have not played, and Zelda DLC I've got so much gaming goodness. 2017 was so loving good it's probably going to carry me several months into 2018.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

As someone who had only a passing interest in Zelda games and had never beaten one, Botw grabbed hold of me and wouldn’t let go for a solid 6 months. I bought it and beat it on Wii U, then rebought and beat it on Switch. It wasn’t the zelda or Nintendo effect that made it that way for me. It is just that good.

As someone who has been a lifelong Mario fan, and has beaten most of them multiple times, Odyssey is a great game, one of the best. But it’s not BOTW good.

That’s my hot, lovely take

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Jim serious balls would like mario more

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Real hurthling! posted:

Jim serious balls would like mario more

Blackberry is the Sega Sonic of mobile companies.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/rabbidsofficial/status/939190460433747968
Wait, what? Did this really beat XCOM 2? Apparently yes.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

katkillad2 posted:

Between XC2, getting 100% in SMO, Assassin's Creed: Origins and Divinity Original Sin 2 both of which I have not played, and Zelda DLC I've got so much gaming goodness. 2017 was so loving good it's probably going to carry me several months into 2018.

For real. I can last until like past Bayonetta 1&2's release date just on stuff I didn't get around to yet from 2017, I bet. Still gonna abort that operation to play Bayonetta 1&2 for the billionth time.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Rexroom posted:

XCOM 2 was February 2016. It just got an expansion pack this year.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I'd have allowed War of the Chosen to compete, I mean PUBG isn't even loving finished and it got nominations

regardless Kingdom Battle was probably more public, did really well for itself on Switch, and was a full new game so good on them. It's still a shock how it went from a laughingstock at its leak to a legit great game and I hope their studio makes even more content for this, hopefully next time with a larger party and more mario characters.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

DLC Inc posted:

just realized Romancing Saga 2 is that game about "7 heroes who saved the world then got corrupted" and happens to have the greatest final boss music ever created. for a long while only saw bits and pieces of this game in certain places but I never really knew that much about it besides the interesting plot point. is it really a big deal that it's now localized? I have zero knowledge about what makes it unique compared to any other Final Fantasyesque game released in the 90s.

I beat it on Android and it has some cool stuff and annoying stuff. It has an interesting game over system where instead of restarting at your last save point you instead get a brand new player character who inherits everything (but you have to find your party members again and walk all the way back to where you died). It's semi non-linear and you usually have multiple plot-lines open to you at any given time and enemies will change depending on how powerful your party is and some of the main baddies will react differently if you did one thing before another. However the game only gives you a hyper vague advisor on what quests are available that you'll probably have to follow a guide like I did to see what you can actually do in the game. A neat feature in the remake is a New Game+ you can initiate at any point and you keep all your stuff.

The player character is a line of Emperors and you get to build your palace

I keep reading it has the hardest final boss of that era of JRPGs, mostly because there's no party wide heal

Lakbay fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Dec 8, 2017

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

DLC Inc posted:

I'd have allowed War of the Chosen to compete, I mean PUBG isn't even loving finished and it got nominations

If you follow the link you'll see that war of the chosen did compete

Edit: sorry for the semi dickish phrasing

Zelder fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Dec 8, 2017

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Ninty makin' moves on my wallet this morning.

Chernabog posted:

I couldn't get much into Gungeon, I prefer BoI's slower pace and crazy combos.
Despite a lot of backlash against Has Been Heroes I got it while it was on sale and I have to say I do like it. My only complaint is that the battles are too long.

HBH's free expansion addresses that somewhat, though it makes more sense to play through the normal game until you've unlocked all the chapters first.

The challenges they added unlock young versions of champions that can go through portals that randomly spawn midgame which just warp you to a final boss level that's loaded with treasure.

It does a good job of getting the end-game experience without the time investment, though it'd feel like cheating if I weren't already confident in my abilities to get to the end game the old fashioned way the majority of the time.

E-Money
Nov 12, 2005

Got Out.
Is the Switch version of Enter the Gungeon going to be the same as the most recent releases, or is there new content? Played the PS4 version to death and loved it but not sure if I would buy another copy again with so many other amazing games out/coming out.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

E-Money posted:

Is the Switch version of Enter the Gungeon going to be the same as the most recent releases, or is there new content? Played the PS4 version to death and loved it but not sure if I would buy another copy again with so many other amazing games out/coming out.

It's supposed to be dropping alongside the major final update, gungeons and dragons. Which will also hit your ps4 version if you don't feel like purchasing gungeon again.

Even though you should because it's amazing and dodge roll gaming deserves your love

E-Money
Nov 12, 2005

Got Out.

Zelder posted:

It's supposed to be dropping alongside the major final update, gungeons and dragons. Which will also hit your ps4 version if you don't feel like purchasing gungeon again.

Even though you should because it's amazing and dodge roll gaming deserves your love

shiiiiiiiiit. I'd rather play everything on the switch. Guess i'm starting from scratch again.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Man, I might have to actually use the eShop Wish List to remind me to pick up a bunch of stuff after XB2 given the sheer density of things getting announced with actual release dates lately.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Is there a chance some sort of GOTY version for BOTW will be released or does Nintendo not do that?

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

veni veni veni posted:

Is there a chance some sort of GOTY version for BOTW will be released or does Nintendo not do that?

I thought something like this was already announced?

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

What page is this threads peak losing their poo poo @ bayonetta and BOTW DLC announcement?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Zelder posted:

If you follow the link you'll see that war of the chosen did compete

Edit: sorry for the semi dickish phrasing

my bad, assumed WOTC wasn't nominated as all since it is an expansion but I forget that Witcher 3's DLC had legit picks from last year

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

incoherent posted:

What page is this threads peak losing their poo poo @ bayonetta and BOTW DLC announcement?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

man nurse posted:

I thought something like this was already announced?

They put out the "explorers edition" around black friday which has a map and guidebook but doesn't include the dlc

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
I love how efficient these things can be when there's no need for 'always on'. I left my fully charged switch in its case for a little over two weeks and the battery is still at 62%.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Rexroom posted:

Nintendo will always kill in anything that relies on fan voting.

DLC Inc posted:

Red Hook confirmed that the complete game along with all DLC (except the next one) is on track for "early 2018" after they missed the late 2017 mark, it'll probably be out soon enough. They have it running on Switch already.

Darkest Dungeon is super great if it's your thing but before buying it definitely wait to make sure they fixed all the disasters from the PS4 port.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

Nintendo will always kill in anything that relies on fan voting.

Mario XCOM is really good though

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I'm pretty sure this is actually their first GOTY award from the game awards.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I'm pretty sure this is actually their first GOTY award from the game awards.

I should have added in a caveat that it only really counts when they have a good system out, obviously nothing on the Wii U was going to win an award because nobody bought a Wii U

Infinitum posted:

Mario XCOM is really good though

I didn't say it wasn't.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

IcePhoenix posted:

Darkest Dungeon is super great if it's your thing but before buying it definitely wait to make sure they fixed all the disasters from the PS4 port.

What happened with the PS4 port? I'm very very excited to have it on the Switch :ohdear:

Afro
May 29, 2007

Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit
SEGA just needs to sell the rights to Bayonetta to Nintendo at this point. IMO they deserve it after bankrolling 2 of the 3 games in the series.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Afro posted:

SEGA just needs to sell the rights to Bayonetta to Nintendo at this point. IMO they deserve it after bankrolling 2 of the 3 games in the series.

I'm sure that's already on the table from the contract like if the game undersells or something :v:

fargom
Mar 21, 2007

Macaluso posted:

What happened with the PS4 port? I'm very very excited to have it on the Switch :ohdear:

PS4 port seems fine to me? not sure what everyone's issue is. Plays fine with a DS4.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Macaluso posted:

There's a big HUD problem in the town that can really screw up your ability to manage your people (basically you can't scroll), plus your standard crashing issues and the like. As far as I'm aware they never really bothered to patch anything, but the last time I checked was like six months ago because my roommate was the one who had the PS4 port (I bought it on PC long ago) and he stopped playing it out of frustration and never went back to it.

Either way, even if they fixed the PS4 stuff I would still warn against buying it day one on switch to make sure nothing like that ended up on this version as well. If it's working properly though it's an incredible game.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Guys... I am definitely not far enough along to give a solid endorsement at $19.90 (heh!) but SO FAR... Floor Kids really has me grinning.

Kinda feeling like (if you want me to go there) Tony Hawk meets Guitar Hero or something... at least so far...

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Bayonette 2 is up for preorder.

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/939248455830052869

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

IcePhoenix posted:

I should have added in a caveat that it only really counts when they have a good system out, obviously nothing on the Wii U was going to win an award because nobody bought a Wii U

I didn't say it wasn't.
So Nintendo only wins awards when they are making good systems to put good games on. Thanks for this insight :thumbsup:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

LethalGeek posted:

So Nintendo only wins awards when they are making good systems to put good games on. Thanks for this insight :thumbsup:

Well his point is that it's a multiplier not that the games or bad or anything.

But I know reading comprehension isn't as fun as being smug.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Feenix posted:

Guys... I am definitely not far enough along to give a solid endorsement at $19.90 (heh!) but SO FAR... Floor Kids really has me grinning.

Kinda feeling like (if you want me to go there) Tony Hawk meets Guitar Hero or something... at least so far...

sold, holding you accountable if i hate it

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

CharlestheHammer posted:

Well his point is that it's a multiplier not that the games or bad or anything.

But I know reading comprehension isn't as fun as being smug.
Nah it reeks of console warrior nonsense so I will make fun it.
Edit: plus you're plainly a bad poster, shhh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

LethalGeek posted:

Nah it reeks of console warrior nonsense so I will make fun it.

You can do that sure but could you manage to do it in a funny way next time?

• Locked thread