Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mister Blueberry posted:

I'm not worried in the slightest to be honest as my arena shard is completely whale-free. No one is running nightsisters or KRU FO, just the classic f2p rex, titan or empire comps.
So i highly doubt a lot of them will be getting Rey this time around causing a big upset or anything.

Rey is -totally- in reach of people who are in the top 10 conversation for payouts every day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

MoraleHazard posted:

I wish I had a whale free shard. The double drops will help me get FOST to 5* and get a 5* BB8. FOST is a tough and my last FO farm. Welp. There is no way I'm going to get AARP Han and Chewie in only a few days and I really don't want to. I'd rather get a decent Empire trooper squad going.

The double-drops are only for characters needed for the Rey event. I too made this mistake.

MoraleHazard posted:

Question time: I have a zeta ready to go and I'm unsure where to put it. I curently have zCLS (binds all things), zzR2, zRhan, and zKylo. I'm thinking either

zThrawn - either leader for TW or his unique for arena.
Zader - for HAAT
zMaul - for much better Sith Squad

Thoughts?

Ebb and Flow. Always Arena First, bruh.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Dec 7, 2017

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

CaptainPsyko posted:

I’m gonna assume 325 total shards needed.

If you spend 700 energy banking Cantina today and 700 on both double drop days, you should get ~80 shards.

That then gives you ~14 days to earn 225 shards. 5 refreshes per day of Cantina energy should bring in ~15 shards per day.

So if you can afford 700 crystals per day and are willing to buy the pack, you should be able to make it.

Thanks. I have a pretty good amount of crystals banked so I think I can make it.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Chilichimp posted:

The double-drops are only for characters needed for the Rey event. I too made this mistake.

Ebb and Flow. Always Arena First, bruh.

And again. It helps haat. And tw, and TB. And his ship. Thrawn rocks.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
Dwstatic, we kicked you for almost 3 weeks of inactivity. If you're still around, shoot us a message on Discord.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
So 200 crystal refresh on double drops is more efficient than 320 for store shards right? At least the way I calculated it.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

RC Cola posted:

And again. It helps haat. And tw, and TB. And his ship. Thrawn rocks.

Great thanks for the tips, my arena squad is OT: CLS(L), RHan, Old Ben, R2, Leia. Thrawn will replace Leia.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

The next hero will require fifteen panic farms for Porgs, the new faction with no synergy and only use is to 7 platoon and the event :suicide:

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Dely Apple posted:

The next hero will require fifteen panic farms for Porgs, the new faction with no synergy and only use is to 7 platoon and the event :suicide:

You say this like a joke, but Geonosian are a thing in this game, there are only 4 and they don't have any synergies and they suck, and also EA made Nug squads a thing in Heroes of Dragon Age... :ohdear:

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

UmOk posted:

So 200 crystal refresh on double drops is more efficient than 320 for store shards right? At least the way I calculated it.

Without double drops, it’s breakeven but you get a bunch of extra stuff, at the risk of RNG loving you if you’re on a very tight deadline.

With double drops it’s a no brainer.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Dely Apple posted:

With my 7* Lando, Ugnaught, and of course, the leading man himself, I’m ready to panic farm C3P0 and Nien Nunb for Lobot’s Heroes Journey.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

UmOk posted:

it's more efficient without double drops, statistically, but there is a chance you could get hosed.

with double drops, it's a no brainer. Blow 700 crystals on 5 refreshes at 11:55, then do it again at 12:05

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
I have 7500 crystals banked. Do I get you guys blessing to blow them all on double drops? I'm a manchild and cannot make my own Star Wars decisions

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

UmOk posted:

I have 7500 crystals banked. Do I get you guys blessing to blow them all on double drops? I'm a manchild and cannot make my own Star Wars decisions

You want to spend about 2100 on double drops.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

CaptainPsyko posted:

You want to spend about 2100 on double drops.

yes, don't go past the 400 crystal refresh point, beyond that buying shards from shipments is cheaper. For double drops this is. 200 crystals is the cutoff for non-double drops.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
GW characters-- Is K2 worth it or should I focus ships? Arena-- Cassian for rebels/u-wing? Savage or Sidious for Sith squad? Asajj for HAAT?

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

WerrWaaa posted:

GW characters-- Is K2 worth it or should I focus ships? Arena-- Cassian for rebels/u-wing? Savage or Sidious for Sith squad? Asajj for HAAT?

Prioritize ships to the point where you can unlock the zeta challenge.

Expired Vitamin
Jul 3, 2017

Dely Apple posted:

I fully expect to grind out the whole Max Reebo Band (Sy Snoodles will be way OP) to unlock Salacious Crumb which will need to be 7* to get Block of Carbonite Han (BCH). We will get BCH before ROTJ Luke or Leia/Lando in Jabba's Palace disguises.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Tadashi and Muadib, do your phoenix bonus fight in TB, please.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
What are the most have Omegas for a FO team?

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Best strategy for aquiring the spaceball?

My sci fi fascists aren't faring too well at the 6* stage, though Kylo and FOO are only GL7, with the rest GL8, and none have good mods.

Rey and the veterans go down fairly fast and seem to put out the most damage so i assume i want those gone first? When it is just spaceball and Finn left the spaceball just keeps buffing Finn every turn and Finn plinks away at my dudes.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Ineptitude posted:

Best strategy for aquiring the spaceball?

My sci fi fascists aren't faring too well at the 6* stage, though Kylo and FOO are only GL7, with the rest GL8, and none have good mods.

Rey and the veterans go down fairly fast and seem to put out the most damage so i assume i want those gone first? When it is just spaceball and Finn left the spaceball just keeps buffing Finn every turn and Finn plinks away at my dudes.

Gear Kylo up as far as possible, plus zeta. My FO team was g7/g8 except for g11 zylo. 6* was the hardest fight, for some reason 7* was easier, like the AI decided to spread the pain around which is a bad idea with zylo.

I think zylo may be critical though for a low gear team. Being able to spam shield regen meant that Finns plinking wasn’t effective.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
I focused down bb8, then rey, then finn. You absolutely dont want bb8 to get off a 2nd ID if possible. Rey does a ton of dmg and finn gives tm to those 2. The vetbros dont have any synergy with the 1st 3 and should probably be saved for last also because of their special.

E: by special i meant their on death buff

fishtobaskets fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Dec 8, 2017

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
I killed ball first and then Chewie because of his stuns. I was soloing with Kylo though and the stuns were killing me

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Thanks chaps!

Zachack posted:

Gear Kylo up as far as possible, plus zeta.

Is 7* BB8 worth a zeta? Is zylo needed for anything else in the current meta? My only zeta so far is on R2D2

SgtMongoose
Feb 10, 2007

Ineptitude posted:

Thanks chaps!

Is 7* BB8 worth a zeta? Is zylo needed for anything else in the current meta? My only zeta so far is on R2D2

His zetas are useful if you run him with droids but if you’re just running resistance or raid teams for intel/destiny you don’t need them.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

SgtMongoose posted:

His zetas are useful if you run him with droids but if you’re just running resistance or raid teams for intel/destiny you don’t need them.

I think he's asking if zylo is worth zetas, which as the frustrating hard counter to my NS comp and how hilariously fun he is to play, yes.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

Warmachine posted:

I think he's asking if zylo is worth zetas, which as the frustrating hard counter to my NS comp and how hilariously fun he is to play, yes.

Zylo has taken a big hit in usefulness now that cls can insta-solo p1haat, but he's still useful for ds tb & probably tw. You could say that about a lot of zetas tho. It IS possible that he comes around if we get some new FO dudes this month

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Ineptitude posted:

Thanks chaps!

I’ll know more once TB day 6hits but my Zfinn resistance squad got through a day 2 fight where the only damage came from the spaceship auto hit. I think bb8 takes a resistance murder squad and just mashes the accelerate button thanks to secret intel boosting potency.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Vulpes posted:

I spent a bunch of crystals getting Han and Chewie to 5* in the hopes that new Rey would unlock at 5*. I think only the whaliest whales will be able to 7* two 16-energy cantina toons that have only been out for what, two weeks.

According to http://www.swgoh.life/panic.html, even with both now at 5* it will cost me 22,000 crystals to get them to 7* in time for Rey. No thanks!

Great marketing for the new movie though! 'Go gently caress Yourselves' - E.A.

I might be able to get it - I started powerfarming the veterans immediately and had a decent crystal reserve so I was able to spend 300/day and 700 during double drop events. I already had everything but BB8, and I had gotten my FO so I got him today. I've got 110 shards to go on Chewie, but it's been a "crystals are for farming veterans only" since they dropped and I'll have to drop 20 bucks to keep up the pace.

I'm also top 20 in my arena shard and top 10 in fleets, so means I make back my Cantina spending daily. I don't think this would be possible if you didn't have everything but the veterans ready to roll when they came out, and I could not have gotten the Falcon there (haven't even tried) if it had also been required.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

TheAnomaly posted:

I might be able to get it - I started powerfarming the veterans immediately and had a decent crystal reserve so I was able to spend 300/day and 700 during double drop events. I already had everything but BB8, and I had gotten my FO so I got him today. I've got 110 shards to go on Chewie, but it's been a "crystals are for farming veterans only" since they dropped and I'll have to drop 20 bucks to keep up the pace.

I'm also top 20 in my arena shard and top 10 in fleets, so means I make back my Cantina spending daily. I don't think this would be possible if you didn't have everything but the veterans ready to roll when they came out, and I could not have gotten the Falcon there (haven't even tried) if it had also been required.

If you already have Han at 7 and only need the 110 on Chewie, you’re more than in the clear. 300/day should average you 10 shards. Spending 700 one more time during double drops tomorrow should give you about 25 shards. So you should finish around a week from Sunday/Monday, and still have a week to spare.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I've added a channel to the 'cord to post notices that you'll be gone for a few days and or can't play regularly due to real life poo poo.

This is because sometimes people pop in and let us know but it gets lost in the bigger chats. If you're having difficulty or can't play, but plan to come back, please post in that channel.

Thanks.

trapt
Sep 21, 2010
Hey, FYI I've dropped this game, I was in IGD.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

trapt posted:

Hey, FYI I've dropped this game, I was in IGD.

Thanks bro, best wishes, hit us up if you get the itch in a month or two, we'll be here.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Need someone active from QGJ or The Roccinante to move to SM.

We'd like to make the move after the current TW ends to avoid locking you out of loot.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
So why is QGJ being used as a feeder guild again?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Popete posted:

So why is QGJ being used as a feeder guild again?

Because that's the design we goons decided upon many many moons ago when our 3rd guild collapsed and we weren't yet able to beat HAAT.

We reorganized into 1 major guild to push progress and 1 minor guild for newer accounts, and we had Cactus' guild that was quasi-goon for overfill and alts.

edit: A lot of current SM members, including myself, started off in QGJ after the reformation.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Dec 13, 2017

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
Being not a scrub takes too much work. Gimmick Ewok teams from here on out.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

WerrWaaa posted:

Being not a scrub takes too much work. Gimmick Ewok teams from here on out.

Bounty Hunters 4 lyfe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

I'm just waiting for the Han solo movie to come out so I can finally run an entire team of Hans.