Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

mysterious loyall X posted:

don't know if i can play a game titled tropical freeze after such title masterpieces like dixie and baby and spanky kong in diddled by king k rool's ding a ling a ding mystery van 64

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

don't know if i can play a game titled tropical freeze after such title masterpieces like dixie and baby and spanky kong in diddled by king k rool's ding a ling a ding mystery van 64

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Super Metroid Arcade is a really cool new romhack

https://youtu.be/zcMZLT9rbxM

http://www.metroidconstruction.com/hack.php?id=357

quote:

It is the year 1980, this ground breaking arcade called Super Metroid just
came out. Quarters are being tossed around like pebbles at this hot new game.
Bad Atari ports are being made in an attempt to cash in on its success.
The race is on for who can get the highest score. It is you, the player
who has a chance to become the new Billy Mitchel!

- When you enter a door it will put out in a random room and lock the door behind you to either force you to complete the room or pick up an item.
- Enemy Damage increases over time.
- Space jump, Gravity, Screw attack, Plasma are temporary, they disappear after a certain amount of time(visual timer gauge on the hud).
- Mother brain doesn't trigger the ending sequence instead its just a normal boss, the rainbow beam phase is skipped so you don't need 300 hp to beat mother brain.
- Achievements system. get reward for performing various speed trick or doing weird out of place stuff.
- Score system for the amount of rooms and points when killing monster or completing achievements
- difficulty selection
- Time attack mode, Start with a set amount of time, gain time by racking up points or taking no damage on bosses
- Leader board at http://arcade.supermetroid.run

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

it looks badass, trying it later

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Lol that looks wild. Awesome

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Looks cool

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Just wanna say how blessed I feel by the Switch on this Iwata Day. Between Mario and Zelda and Splatoon and XB2 this is the best gaming I've done in a long long time

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Zelda DLC 2 is Out Now

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

in case anyone missed it the second Breath of the Wild DLC is out right freakin now!!!

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

i gotta wait like 20 minutes for it to download

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i forgot to make sure i had some free disk space, couldn't start downloading until i'd deleted my data for a few garbage games i'll never play again, like super mario 3d world.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

GameCube posted:

i forgot to make sure i had some free disk space, couldn't start downloading until i'd deleted my data for a few garbage games i'll never play again, like super mario 3d world.

:tem:

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

now my estimate keeps oscillating between 25 and 30 minutes. currently 26. i should probably just go to bed and waste my entire weekend on it.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
so loving happy to go back to botw

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

sorry boss.. i feel another Video Game Sick Day coming on

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

GameCube posted:

too many edges on this cube

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
shamecube

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

this DLC is already amazing

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

turns out you need to have done all divine beasts before you can get to it, and my master mode file is only 2 down :(

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i’ve been watching progress bars for over an hour now 😑

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i guess i could have just looked for an sd card. poo poo

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

turns out you need to have done all divine beasts before you can get to it, and my master mode file is only 2 down :(

I've the same problem :( I guess I will get that done this weekend.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

This DLC is so drat gooood

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

This DLC is so drat gooood

whats it like? i cant find details on what it actually adds anywhere besides whats obvious from the trailer

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Bayonetta 3 switch exclusive

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

extremebuff posted:

whats it like? i cant find details on what it actually adds anywhere besides whats obvious from the trailer

Well I'm starting to worry that it's just 16 shrines + the master cycle and new armor but I'll finish this group of shrines later today and find out. So far the dlc has been a great hard mode version of the plateau with 4 shrines, followed by a set of quests in each Divine Beast region where you get 3 zoomed in pictures of the map that lead to quests that unlock shrines. Once you do all three shrines in a region you unlock a boss refight that gives you preset equipment. Once you beat that you get a slightly upgraded version of the champion power from that boss and a cutscene about that Divine Beast's champion. so far I've just done the shrines around Medoh, hopefully something else unlocks after finishing all 4 regions but I guess I won't be too disappointed if I just get the master cycle.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Bayonetta 3 switch exclusive

holy poo poo nice

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
The critically acclaimed Bayonetta 2 and the original Bayonetta [...] will be launching for Nintendo Switch on 16th February. Two retail versions of the game will be available at launch: The regular edition includes the Bayonetta 2 game card and a download code for the original Bayonetta game, while the Special Edition in Europe will include the Bayonetta 2 game card, a download code for the original Bayonetta game, a SteelBook, 22 Verse Cards and 3 Sticker Sheets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ti-i40Ez6KY

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Why does North America get fewer steelbook releases of games? Would love a bayo steelbook

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

my morning jackass posted:

Why does North America get fewer steelbook releases of games? Would love a bayo steelbook

The switch is region free my man. Import

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

if they don't release it in the us you can always import it from japan since switch is region free and it will probably figure out the language settings for your menu. the first bayonettta game didn't even have jp audio only english.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
the Japanese special edition might be the only one with Bayo 1 on the cart rather than just a download code so there's that as well

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
why aren;t DMC 123 or 4SE coming to Switch, the undisputed home of character action gaming

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

the Japanese special edition might be the only one with Bayo 1 on the cart rather than just a download code so there's that as well

gah i want that

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

didn't realize switch was region free, will def import then and suffer the ridiculous canadian duties for a fancy box

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
there's a European special edition as well, it's the same as the Japanese one but Bayo 1 is a code and it's not called Infinite Climax Box or whatever

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

the zelda dlc is also pretty drat good and there is a lot of new content. i think the people disappointed with the first dlc will be pretty happy with this.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

didn't realize switch was region free, will def import then and suffer the ridiculous canadian duties for a fancy box

it comes out on chinese new year so im assuming import sites will have discounts going on

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

HolePisser1982 posted:

it comes out on chinese new year so im assuming import sites will have discounts going on

what are some decent import sites you would recommend?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

what are some decent import sites you would recommend?

play-asia will def have a new year sale, theyre the only ones ive used. lots of ppl do amazon japan nowadays tho