Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

i don't really live in a place with inclement weather, can i wear sweater vests or jackets in 2017/18?

2017 no, 2018 yes due to the nuclear winter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Never water a sweater vest. Jesus.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

I LOVE COCK SALAD posted:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Sorry too much back to the future

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foxVW0Ed0Dw

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Wrong thread, oops!

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Dec 9, 2017

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
What the gently caress is with all of the diddlers and gropers in this country world? Keep your hands to yourselves, you disgusting fucks.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Dad chat has taken a dark turn

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

i don't really live in a place with inclement weather, can i wear sweater vests or jackets in 2017/18?

I only wear hoodies and carhartt vests.
If it gets really cold I put on a pea coat instead of the vest.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

orange juche posted:

she is the live action version of anime eyes

Great googly moogly.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Naked Bear posted:

What the gently caress is with all of the diddlers and gropers in this country world? Keep your hands to yourselves, you disgusting fucks.

It's always been this way. We just care, now.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Sorry too much back to the future
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fptReFax_b8

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
At least all the sexual harassment stuff dropping lately got my mom to share a gem of a story with me last week.

Way way back in like, kindergarten/first grade timeframe I had a school buddy that we would go to each other's houses and stuff once or twice a month. Our parents got along decently enough, so sometimes they would just stay for the 4-5 hours that us kids would run around. We ended up going to different schools after like first grade since they did some redistricting. Then one weekend my parents tell me that my friend moved away, so I stopped seeing him. The kid was kind of a jerk so my 6 year old brain didn't put much thought into it.

Apparently what had happened several months before was his dad put his hand on my mom's rear end, and my mom told him if he ever did that again he would get his fingers broken. He apparently didn't listen and did it again like month later. My mom told my dad and my dad, being the guy he was, promptly went over to the guy's business (he was an accountant in a 3-4 person firm) and...broke his hand, his wrist, and every finger on his right hand.

Ah, the 80s.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I LICK APE PUSSY posted:

an attempt was made

and i don't argue with the special olympics crowd

This is one of the few things that actually makes me kind of angry on these forums.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Vasudus posted:

At least all the sexual harassment stuff dropping lately got my mom to share a gem of a story with me last week.

Way way back in like, kindergarten/first grade timeframe I had a school buddy that we would go to each other's houses and stuff once or twice a month. Our parents got along decently enough, so sometimes they would just stay for the 4-5 hours that us kids would run around. We ended up going to different schools after like first grade since they did some redistricting. Then one weekend my parents tell me that my friend moved away, so I stopped seeing him. The kid was kind of a jerk so my 6 year old brain didn't put much thought into it.

Apparently what had happened several months before was his dad put his hand on my mom's rear end, and my mom told him if he ever did that again he would get his fingers broken. He apparently didn't listen and did it again like month later. My mom told my dad and my dad, being the guy he was, promptly went over to the guy's business (he was an accountant in a 3-4 person firm) and...broke his hand, his wrist, and every finger on his right hand.

Ah, the 80s.

Old man Vas a straight up gangster

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

Cool - as one of the few DOS lurkers here... any refuge is appreciated.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I LOVE COCK SALAD posted:

yeah it'll shrink

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Fister Roboto posted:

This is one of the few things that actually makes me kind of angry on these forums.

What I did or what he did makes you angry?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I mean people assuming GIP is an ultra-right MAGA hellhole.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Fister Roboto posted:

But there's no point arguing with them

Trying to prove it to them is like trying to prove poor people are human beings to a Red Hat

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Vasudus posted:

Ah, the 80s.

goddamn

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

But there's no point arguing with them

Trying to prove it to them is like trying to prove poor people are human beings to a Red Hat

I know, it just makes me mad!

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Why didn’t old man Vas call his wife a liar and ask for a full investigation? I bet that guy was good at his job!

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Fister Roboto posted:

I know, it just makes me mad!

Frankly I'd just probie them and tell them to sit back and read the forum for 24 hrs and see what they find/

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

TheGreasyStrangler posted:

Do you guys have any suggestions for finding a good general contractor? I need to get a kitchen vent hood installed that would require modifying some existing cabinetry, and the work would involve a bit of carpentry, drywall, and roof penetration stuff. All my references through work fell through so I'm left with looking on my own.

If you are really hard up you can check Home Depot. Contractors can sign up with them to find work and I think they do some kind of guarantee on top of the regular contractor stuff.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Fister Roboto posted:

Which is weird because a lot of liberals recognize that the military is one of the only refuges for the poor that provides some degree of upward mobility.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Vasudus posted:

Ah, the 80s.

Your dad owns.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

You can have the hammer and my wife's rear end or just walk away but you can't have both.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Which is weird because a lot of liberals recognize that the military is one of the only refuges for the poor that provides some degree of upward mobility.

This has always amused me when I discuss that with people. Poor people have very few options, and that sucks, but the military is a good option for them. Yes, the military will change you and yes you might do bad poo poo, but only people with money can afford morals and food.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Third World Reggin posted:

This has always amused me when I discuss that with people. Poor people have very few options, and that sucks, but the military is a good option for them. Yes, the military will change you and yes you might do bad poo poo, but only people with money can afford morals and food.

The military was my ticket to upward class mobility. I would've probably been a construction worker with a broken rear end body and an oxy addiction otherwise.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Third World Reggin posted:

I hated every minute I was in, but prior to the Navy, my life goal was to be a mail man, or work for one of the trash companies and pick up trash.
It's about as close to hitting the lottery as I'll ever get and I'm lucky I qualified.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

I LICK APE PUSSY posted:

You can have the hammer and my wife's rear end or just walk away but you can't have both.

:lol:

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

old tv show chat.
Sledgehammer the tv series aged in a good way, on the other hand the Equalizer is a time-machine to seeing pre-famous actors doing their thing.
Any comedy series where the main character talks to his gun is good.

Equalizer managed to combine donny + walter 15+ yrs before the big lebowski was even conceived of, vincent d'onofrio appeared twice,
the old english guy outfought a psycho-douche armed with a katana with a bigger understanding of japanese weapons. The son of the main character
was peak 1980s too, billy zabka.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

https://gfycat.com/gifs/detail/LimpAlarmedGazelle

Holy loving poo poo

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

the shark seems as surprised as the diver is lol

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

the shark seems as surprised as the diver is lol

Legitly want to see footage of deep-sea divers getting ghosted by sharks/whales and the occasional pervert squid now.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

BOOP!

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

NoNostalgia4Grover posted:

Legitly want to see footage of deep-sea divers getting ghosted by sharks/whales and the occasional pervert squid now.

Peter Benchley, the author of Jaws, later dedicated himself to ocean conservation (specifically shark preservation) after he felt guilt about helping to craft the narrative that Great Whites were mindless killing machines. In a later book, he describes going wreck diving in South Africa or Australia, coming around the bow of a sunken ship and finding himself face to face with a huge Great White. The shark was apparently so startled that it freaked out and swam off in the opposite direction, but not before making GBS threads a huge cloud of digested seal and fish that engulfed Benchley.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

joat mon posted:

What is the worst Bond movie?

Trick question, it's License to Kill.

It's way late for me to say this, but gently caress you.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

It's way late for me to say this, but gently caress you.

yo joining in on this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

I HAVE GOOD AIDS posted:

Peter Benchley, the author of Jaws, later dedicated himself to ocean conservation (specifically shark preservation) after he felt guilt about helping to craft the narrative that Great Whites were mindless killing machines. In a later book, he describes going wreck diving in South Africa or Australia, coming around the bow of a sunken ship and finding himself face to face with a huge Great White. The shark was apparently so startled that it freaked out and swam off in the opposite direction, but not before making GBS threads a huge cloud of digested seal and fish that engulfed Benchley.

That is a loving great story.

• Locked thread