Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

reed owns. what was the original thing that prompted the letter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Somebody has issued a correction as of 01:44 on Dec 9, 2017

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pl2Ornp9UiU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
so here's a big photo dump of patriot front stuff with commentary from YT. this is weird but i think it helps understand this group.

you might remember this article about the young leader of this group, who led a split from vanguard america after charlottesville.

https://twitter.com/digitaloverlor2/status/938241457420414976
https://twitter.com/remingtonsosa/status/933195256496926721

so to get a sense of how bizarre this is, this nazi group's leader was a high school newspaper editorial writer and cartoonist from dallas who graduated this year, and was nominated in 2017 at a high school newspaper competition, but the tweet announcing that seems to have been deleted.

anyways, here are some of his cartoons.

so, he's apparently taken his interest in right-wing politics and cartoons by not only leading this nazi group, but making propaganda for it. compare the design of this avatar with the muscled chad-looking dudes in his student cartoons:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9Axl-p8BcE

as they say, fascism is an aesthetic movement and this group is all about *~aesthetics~* and patriot front has been prolific on that (erm)... front

he also has something of a cult of personality around him, with dudes in their 30s rushing into twitter threads to argue with rousseau's high school classmates after they said he had a "weird vibe" and was "low key creepy af"

https://twitter.com/Nation_Calling/status/936822687061573634
https://twitter.com/Nation_Calling/status/936829302850519040
although i wouldn't be surprised if he was the one behind that account.

anyways, this group has not slowed down; in fact, they've grown. he led a group to gainesville, florida for a richard spencer speech. here he is with one of the fears brothers who was arrested after his group shot at anti-fascist protesters.

besides postering, their activities have included martial arts sessions, hiking, group workouts, staging a demo outside an anarchist bookfair in houston and a left-wing bookstore in austin, and a quick midnight tiki-torch march on the UT-Austin campus:

the last photo is from a postering mission in deep ellum, dallas. i think thomas is in the one in the middle though their faces are covered.

(those blue polo shirts w/ red & white stripes on the bicep are actually from a chinese company. available on amazon.)

even a brief attempt at relief work in houston after the hurricane:

their behavior has escalated to more direct and specific threats, though, by most recently putting up flyers targeting a student at texas state university in san marcos after that student wrote a newspaper column the group didn't like.

https://twitter.com/FrontPatriot/status/937802110657327105
or maybe, a column that thomas didn't like. the former student newspaper columnist and cartoonist-turned-would-be nazi dictator would find a left-wing student newspaper columnist a natural target, i suppose.

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 04:51 on Dec 9, 2017

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

i would make fun of his HR ligature even if he wasnt a nazi

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
he also likes silhouette men

high school:

as a nazi:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

he also likes silhouette men

high school:

as a nazi:

lmao wow yeah those are definitely the work of an actual child

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003

Agean90 posted:

the true trad wife is a church girl who's lowkey freaky but they get too pissy at religion to go to church. even when what they want exists they gently caress it up for themselves lol

That's the hilarious thing. Literally everything they want exists among hardline mormons in Utah. Which have a huge gender imbalance toward women already so just convert already.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

We must secure a future for our great political comics with deep clever symbolism

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
another one of his:

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006

another one of his:

This one owns actualy

GoluboiOgon
Aug 19, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

as they say, fascism is an aesthetic movement and this group is all about *~aesthetics~* and patriot front has been prolific on that (erm)... front

This one seems really easy to interpret as anti-fascist propaganda. "This eagle chose communism over fascism, and so should you!"

What's with the wierd obsession with victory? In Oklahoma, that is used as a signifier of being evangelical, and seems kind of out of place in their vocabulary.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

another one of his:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ytei6bu7kQ

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

if you're a 30-year-old Nazi taking orders from a 19-year-old Anything, you're either incredibly pathetic, or you're going to let that kid take the fall for something

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

GoluboiOgon posted:

This one seems really easy to interpret as anti-fascist propaganda. "This eagle chose communism over fascism, and so should you!"

What's with the wierd obsession with victory? In Oklahoma, that is used as a signifier of being evangelical, and seems kind of out of place in their vocabulary.
someone needs to write a thesis on the psychology of this.

i was also thinking of the poster with the giant jewish fist crushing the tiny patriot front man. though it's supposed to represent the white dude pushing back; it doesn't look like that

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

LordSaturn posted:

if you're a 30-year-old Nazi taking orders from a 19-year-old Anything, you're either incredibly pathetic, or you're going to let that kid take the fall for something

¿por que no los dos?

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

This is it, this is the Ur-Cartoon

This is the platonic ideal that every other political cartoon aspires to be.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

LordSaturn posted:

a lot of rival nazi groups were saying online that he was basically the plaything of the daily stormer's azzmador. there were also these demos where thomas would be there, but kinda in the back while azzmador was the one acting like he was in charge; being the public face to the media, etc.. you can see this in their videos. so one going theory is the old guard stood up this group as a way of recruiting youth. but my, uhh, sources tell me that, no, thomas really is the one in charge and azz isn't really involved much anymore.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

420 Gank Mid posted:

sure maybe if it was drawn better, the lines are amateurish as gently caress

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

420 Gank Mid posted:

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

someone needs to write a thesis on the psychology of this.

i was also thinking of the poster with the giant jewish fist crushing the tiny patriot front man. though it's supposed to represent the white dude pushing back; it doesn't look like that

the eagle even vaguely looks like it's smiling as it accepts the liberating light of marxism

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/mikeenochsback/status/936075735181266947

https://twitter.com/tommcelbie/status/939336828871741440

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
My guess is the kid is a legit sociopath, and that of course impressed a bunch of people for whom malice is a feature, not a bug. His classmates probably don't like him for the same reasons.

You might find some cut up/tortured/mangled puppy corpse or whatever in his backyard if you dug around, because that's the sort of thing really messed up people do.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

<------(Terrorism)------> Thermonuclear war

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/CromwellForever/status/939326904905162753

https://twitter.com/CromwellForever/status/939328442021175302

https://twitter.com/CromwellForever/status/937192947572932608

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
ah here it is. patriot front leader thomas was nominated for this at the national scholastic press association's 2017 convention:

i can kinda see why he didn't get along great with his classmates

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

gently caress his signature gets me every time lmao

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

gotta point out lol, grammar/tense in this tweet is all over the place. dude was clearly drunk/high/dumb as gently caress when he wrote it

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Powaqoatse posted:

gotta point out lol, grammar/tense in this tweet is all over the place. dude was clearly drunk/high/dumb as gently caress when he wrote it

to be fair if you are not drunk/high/dumb as gently caress then you are not prepared for TYOLO 2017

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

THC posted:

gently caress his signature gets me every time lmao

its beautiful

HRousseout~

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Grand Prize Winner posted:

to be fair if you are not drunk/high/dumb as gently caress then you are not prepared for TYOLO 2017

by god you are right

i shall try to survive for three more weeks

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

I never read Metropolis as a fash movie, is this a common reading?

Also what the gently caress does co-tribal mean

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

yeah, should have said 2018 but i'm too prepared

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Grand Prize Winner posted:

yeah, should have said 2018 but i'm too prepared

how too prepared

i want details ya fucker

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Dreddout posted:

I never read Metropolis as a fash movie, is this a common reading?

Also what the gently caress does co-tribal mean

I've seen it before but usually with disdain for the center which, if he thinks the center is fascism, then the disdain is correct.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

another one of his:

Why would they singing at a silent auction?

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Your Gay Uncle posted:

no talking, nothing but the drone of the choir singing lux aeterna

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

Your Gay Uncle posted:

A silent auction is just where instead of a carnival barker yelling at the audience you just have the rich people mill around an art gallery and write bids on a clipboard

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

420 Gank Mid posted:

A silent auction is just where instead of a carnival barker yelling at the audience you just have the rich people mill around an art gallery and write bids on a clipboard

I don't want to out myself as an immature shithead, but how could you not just draw penises on every single clipboard?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

Zeroisanumber posted:

I don't want to out myself as an immature shithead, but how could you not just draw penises on every single clipboard?

Money kills your soul