Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The audience seems pretty rowdy

Edit: Start with VR :geno:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
made thread

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3843087

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

tell em shawn

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Need an Ace Combat 7 release date
March or April because fiscal years and the way BandaiNamco works, that's my theory.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

They made a seige clone in vr cause i guess wasting money is no problem

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Oh cool an hey you pikachu with trico in ugly 720p

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

MediEvil Remastered

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Well that was okay, I guess they were right about PSX being scaled back this year for E3 to be bigger next year. MediEvil coming back is nice.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Medievil !!!! Cant wait.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Noticed like 5 people are playing the MH beta on my friends list, and excitedly booted it up just to find it hasn't started yet. Is there some sort of pre order early access or something, or are they all just sitting at the title screen for some reason?

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

veni veni veni posted:

are they all just sitting at the title screen for some reason?

Probably :shrug:

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Good PSX show, but It short changed me a proper sizzle reel and I gotta admit I'm surprised.

DQ 11 and DBZ got not love. Where was the love for 3rd party Q1?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Gotta cut that poo poo for more actually funny production schedule banter and shirt sales.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Hang on, gotta blow Kojima for a full minute more, let's not show three seconds of Ni No Kuni, that garbage.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

But he wore the spinny light thingie!

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

esperterra posted:

But he wore the spinny light thingie!

Who did? I couldn't look away from Andrew House's longest retirement segment, literally spanning multiple stage shows.

I love Andrew House, but come on.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

veni veni veni posted:

or are they all just sitting at the title screen for some reason?

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Monster Hunter:World Beta is the prettiest screensaver i have on my PS4 right now :sigh:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

oh btw with the flash sale now is as good a time as any to get Rez for $18, from $30. It should have been $20 to start but hey.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
I want a breath of fire dragon quarter remaster. I was thinking about that game today :smith:

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

blackguy32 posted:

I want a breath of fire dragon quarter remaster. I was thinking about that game today :smith:

yes please

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Someone on reddit did a comparison and found the shadows die twice teaser has very similar tones/sounds (to the point it could almost be from the original game itself) to one of from software's forgotten games on ps2: Kuon.

That would also fit the Japanese style text in the background.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
I think Death Stranding is about separation of body and soul. Reality has been fractured and some part of ourselves has been severed into a different dimension and is forcefully trying to reintegrate at our expense. It's all weird and abstract and trying to

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Based on the opening narration I'm gonna guess that an alternate universe blinks into existence right on top of our own and stuff is pulling people over to the other side. There's gonna be a lot of Jacob's Ladder purgatorial poo poo where demons from one perspective become angels cleansing away your sins in another.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Ineffiable posted:

Someone on reddit did a comparison and found the shadows die twice teaser has very similar tones/sounds (to the point it could almost be from the original game itself) to one of from software's forgotten games on ps2: Kuon.

That would also fit the Japanese style text in the background.

People are reaching too hard here. They want it to be Bloodborne or some other new Miyazaki product, which it probably is due to the brutal level of secrecy.

It's likely not Tenchu, since FromSoftware doesn't own the rights (Tenchu: Shadow Assassins in 2009 was developed by Acquire after they regained the rights to the series, and was simply published by FromSoftware. Acquire also developed the Shinobido and Way of the Samurai, both as recently as 2011.)

It's not Kuon because :laffo:

Nevertheless, I'm really surprised that they didn't do a reveal. The world feels like a cold, dead place. :suicide:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

exquisite tea posted:

Based on the opening narration I'm gonna guess that an alternate universe blinks into existence right on top of our own and stuff is pulling people over to the other side. There's gonna be a lot of Jacob's Ladder purgatorial poo poo where demons from one perspective become angels cleansing away your sins in another.

Whatever it is has to got be worse than death if the response to getting captured is trying to kill yourself as quickly as possible any way you can.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

People are reaching too hard here. They want it to be Bloodborne or some other new Miyazaki product, which it probably is due to the brutal level of secrecy.

It's likely not Tenchu, since FromSoftware doesn't own the rights (Tenchu: Shadow Assassins in 2009 was developed by Acquire after they regained the rights to the series, and was simply published by FromSoftware. Acquire also developed the Shinobido and Way of the Samurai, both as recently as 2011.)

Nevertheless, I'm really surprised that they didn't do a reveal. The world feels like a cold, dead place. :suicide:

Any other studio is pretty predictable with games as long as it's not a new ip.

From software, from due to likely not actually having an English marketing department, and doing whatever they want, is going to be unpredictable. They only churned out so many souls games recently because I think dark souls 2 was fast tracked for development but they also had planned for what became bloodborne and dark souls 3 and I bet all of those projects were approved shortly after the success of dark souls 1. It's about time to see what Miyazaki at the helm of the company is going to produce.

It could be bloodborne 2 because that's the obvious smash hit sequel and the object in the foreground looks like it.

It could be tenchu because of all the games from software has done, shadow is the most associated word with it (three games with the word shadow in the title in the tenchu series, plus shadows die twice is a quote from tenchu). The Japanese text and kunai can fit this too.

And it could be Kuon because it fits the text in the background and the music. It could be that from software just likes using some of the same sounds for decades.

Whatever it is it's gonna be an interesting ride.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Whatever it is has to got be worse than death if the response to getting captured is trying to kill yourself as quickly as possible any way you can.

The twist is that they're pulling us into Trump's America.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I think since in the last trailer it showed a dude aging real fast that they might be able to reborn as a baby when they die. I think it has a death/rebirth mechanic. Reminds me a lot of the ending of space odyssey 2001.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Housh posted:

I think since in the last trailer it showed a dude aging real fast that they might be able to reborn as a baby when they die. I think it has a death/rebirth mechanic.

I think it's more of a "pure untainted sample" thing with the baby.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

The game is about stem cell research.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Manatee Cannon posted:

even with the people returning the game, they'd still have to have sold millions of copies of the big star wars game. also I'm sure the microtransactions did get them a ton of money before they turned them off

Samurai Sanders posted:

Has EA said anything recently about their recent even further downturn in public opinion?

edit: or is Battlefront 2 selling like hotcakes and they have no reason to care?
There's no telling what the movie release+Christmas will do for sales but so far it seems they're doing pretty badly.

quote:

"Star Wars Battlefront II sold 882,000 units including bundle units, well below our estimate of 1,720,000 units,” says Wedbush analyst Michael Pachter.
Pachter estimates digital sales added another 588,000 units, but even added together, that’s “well below” the sales of the original Battlefront.
I recall reading they had planned for 14 million sales overall.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Is The Walking Dead season 3 good? I really enjoyed 1 while 2 was okay but a letdown. I’m guessing it doesn’t recapture the magic of the Lee and Clem dynamic?

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

veni veni veni posted:

Noticed like 5 people are playing the MH beta on my friends list, and excitedly booted it up just to find it hasn't started yet. Is there some sort of pre order early access or something, or are they all just sitting at the title screen for some reason?

I saw on twitch 450 people watching a stream of the title screen yesterday

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Cool, Shadow of the Colossus will have Pro modes for high resolution or high frame rate ("targeting 60fps")

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loWLGyUVeLA

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Fix posted:

Good PSX show, but It short changed me a proper sizzle reel and I gotta admit I'm surprised.

DQ 11 and DBZ got not love. Where was the love for 3rd party Q1?

Dbz is an xbox co marketing deal

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Isn't that the game that was being made by one dude and some publisher (maybe Sony) said 'that looks cool. Here's some money to finish it'

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

snoremac posted:

Is The Walking Dead season 3 good? I really enjoyed 1 while 2 was okay but a letdown. I’m guessing it doesn’t recapture the magic of the Lee and Clem dynamic?

If you actually liked 2 somewhat and like Telltale games, 3 is better than 2 but still doesn’t hit anywhere near the highs of 1.

TWD’s problem is that is just feels like they have to kill characters all the time to get the plot moving even when it makes no sense. I finished the Guardians of the Galaxy game not long ago and it’s much better. It’s really funny and has some awesome moments too it. Like flying away from a gigantic alien beast while a Queen song plays. I’d recommend playing that instead.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

The Black Stones posted:

If you actually liked 2 somewhat and like Telltale games, 3 is better than 2 but still doesn’t hit anywhere near the highs of 1.

TWD’s problem is that is just feels like they have to kill characters all the time to get the plot moving even when it makes no sense. I finished the Guardians of the Galaxy game not long ago and it’s much better. It’s really funny and has some awesome moments too it. Like flying away from a gigantic alien beast while a Queen song plays. I’d recommend playing that instead.

I forgot that existed. I loved Tales from the Borderlands, I might give it a go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

The super obvious answer seems like Bloodborne to me, but I guess if a bunch of superfans are poring over this 5-second teaser with expert speculations, maybe they're seeing some poo poo I'm not. I just play the Souls games and plat 'em bros :dukedoge:

Isn't that how virtually all of the trick weapons in Bloodborne worked: made of bones and limbs with hacky levers and springs built in? It even seems like it's being pulled really taught, ready for a hunter to whip it into transformer action. Unless that's not supposed to be a weapon in the clip, then who knows what's going on there. No matter what it is, I liked the look!