Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Spiderdrake posted:

The true shitzen has convinced himself that the alpha is not "the game".

He waits for the game to be released, but until then, this is "good progress for an alpha" and somehow not related to the final product.

And yes he has always convinced himself, or been convinced by reddit posts and the other members of the cult, that this is a normal way to think. People who think otherwise are doing 'mental gymnastics' because they can't see what CIG is building.

You're forgetting that this alpha is simultaneously only an alpha AND better than every game ever released.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

The Titanic posted:

This is literally crazy then. I figured they had a sale and things were... you know.. on sale. Not just literally saying “guess what, uh... buy stuff at our store!! Full price sale!”

In fact, every year they mark ships up over the previous year prices when the time comes round to sell them again. And by a significant amount too, not like $5 or something. So really it's like a reverse sale.

Golli posted:

Are there even any examples of VR successfully integrated into a 'walking around and doing quests' type of MMO? Locomotion is VR shooters seems to be a pretty big unsolved problem - with either teleport tricks or expensive and space-hogging equipment required to move a character through even a tunnel map.

There is an early-access wow-style game coming out for the Vive this month. It's being made by a team of about 2 people and looks like cash grab garbage in my opinion, but it does at least address the question of locomotion and might be fun with 20+ people playing. It allows smooth movement or teleporting. The devs have basically just copy-pasted everquest mechanics which really don't work well when you have to physically nock every arrow or swing your sword every time you want to do 5% damage to the enemy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uj3jb4vXo_I

Slow_Moe
Feb 18, 2013

Foo Diddley posted:

Turns out all the problems in 3.0 were due to a misconfigured HIMEM.SYS

So... do I need EMS or XMS for star citizen? I'm working on a boot disk

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

SomethingJones posted:

Thank you! I'm gonna take you up on that, I'll set up PMs and drop you a message.

And if you don't like it you can get a refund.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Didjt anither new hire post almost exactly the same thing awhile ?

Followed by 'turns out video games are hard work' like a week later

Would be hilarious if all new hires had to tweet out a form letter to show how great their job is

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Blue On Blue posted:

Didjt anither new hire post almost exactly the same thing awhile ?

Followed by 'turns out video games are hard work' like a week later

Would be hilarious if all new hires had to tweet out a form letter to show how great their job is

Great twitter handle for sending out a form letter.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Is it even allowed to begin working for CIG and just keep your mouth shut about it? Or is it a condition that if you're hired, you have to start making social media posts? "Just started working a completely professional and valid job at this GREAT and totally real game company! I can't wait to start doing the top-notch work that CIG, a real game company that is not at all a scam that is leveraging this social media post to bolster its own credibility, demands!"

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Well, bad news. CIG didn't remove any spinlocks or sleep(1) calls in the latest patch. hence the continued hangs, crashes and performance issues. there are still 600+ spinlocks and 400+ sleep(1) calls still in this patch.

They lied. Shocking, I know.

Using IDA disassembler and Hex-Rays Decompiler, you can see this a clear as day in the current and previous versions.

There is NO fixing bad architecture and design; so I don't expect ANYTHING they do to yield ANY positive results in the short term. There will be crashes, hangs, and even worse performance issues if they ever survive (they won't) long enough to progress beyond 3 barren moons.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Scruffpuff posted:

Is it even allowed to begin working for CIG and just keep your mouth shut about it? Or is it a condition that if you're hired, you have to start making social media posts? "Just started working a completely professional and valid job at this GREAT and totally real game company! I can't wait to start doing the top-notch work that CIG, a real game company that is not at all a scam that is leveraging this social media post to bolster its own credibility, demands!"

This is almost the exact same script that employees of $cientology backed companies are required to say. Unreal.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

I guess a good measure would be evaluating the volume of comms relating to working there pot hire

other than jokes about lack of sleep and broken families

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

D_Smart posted:

Well, bad news. CIG didn't remove any spinlocks or sleep(1) calls in the latest patch. hence the continued hangs, crashes and performance issues. there are still 600+ spinlocks and 400+ sleep(1) calls still in this patch.

They lied. Shocking, I know.

Using IDA disassembler and Hex-Rays Decompiler, you can see this a clear as day in the current and previous versions.

There is NO fixing bad architecture and design; so I don't expect ANYTHING they do to yield ANY positive results in the short term. There will be crashes, hangs, and even worse performance issues if they ever survive (they won't) long enough to progress beyond 3 barren moons.

Oh really now?

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

DapperDon posted:

This is almost the exact same script that employees of $cientology backed companies are required to say. Unreal.

Quite the coinkie dink.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Sunswipe posted:

Quite the coinkie dink.

It's actually one of the things that has struck me as the most obvious for quite a little while. Their inside nomenclature of terms like FUD and the like were dead giveaways. I would die laughing if there was an actual connection to CIG and the Bridge to Total loving Freedom. That would be the best.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Chris and Sandi are Hollywood big shots like Tom cruise. So it would only make sense they're members of the fastest growing religion for our betters

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

just offer someone a free acting career to hand everyone over

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

DapperDon posted:

It's actually one of the things that has struck me as the most obvious for quite a little while. Their inside nomenclature of terms like FUD and the like were dead giveaways. I would die laughing if there was an actual connection to CIG and the Bridge to Total loving Freedom. That would be the best.

But what interest would the Co$ have in a company with a list of gullible people prepared to spend large amounts of money on empty promises?

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Sunswipe posted:

But what interest would the Co$ have in a company with a list of gullible people prepared to spend large amounts of money on empty promises?

Sea Org Service is the only path to Citizenship.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Zzr posted:

By objecting you never mentioned him, you mention him.

also piss tape is real an trmp bdad

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Thoatse posted:

Some People call me the space game dev, yeah
Some call me crowdfunder of love
Some people call me Crobbler
Cause I speak for the Freyermuth of love
People talk about me, baby
Say I'm doing it wrong, doing it wrong
Well don't you worry backers don't worry
Cause I'm right here, right here coding at home

I'm a nitpicker, a dumb grinner
with a lawyer, and a sinner
I play whale music in the sun
I'm a coker, I'm a bloater
I'm a midnight coder
I don't care if my games are fun
Wooo wooooo
Wooo wooooo

you're the most fidelitous thing I ever did see
Really love your features, gonna mocap this tree

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
Imagine they had invested all the money they collected for this scam into Bitcoin - they might actually have the resources to hire someone to make the game for them while Chris and Sandy are filming their Space Opera.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/discolando/status/939325855242764293?s=17

Lando is trying to get partnered on twitch , #1 doesn't his full time job keep him busy enough ?

#2 maybe the jpeg mines are closing down and he's working on his fall back plan of begging for money from internet strangers

#3 -- jokes on you he's been doing #2 already for years and years

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Warhawk109 posted:

I’m a fan of Trump, and I’ve long since refunded. My cousin, a dyed-in-the-wool progressive, refers to himself as a “male feminist,” rabidly anti-Trump, (99% of his social media posts are Trump related. Quite sad really.) and will never refund. Whenever we talk about SC it’s always “Derek Smart this” “Derek Smart that,” and I always have to remind him I never mentioned DS to begin with.

What's funny is that you genuinely believe you're the smarter one in this scenario.

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017

Thoatse posted:

What's funny is that you genuinely believe you're the smarter one in this scenario.

I love the schadenfruede. It’s my favourite.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Warhawk109 posted:

I’m a fan of Trump

lol

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017
He is the greatest living troll.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
https://twitter.com/dawnofevil/status/938807606138765314
https://twitter.com/TarkaRoshe/status/939043763237916672
https://twitter.com/dawnofevil/status/939044956878069760
https://twitter.com/TarkaRoshe/status/939088796892782592
https://twitter.com/dawnofevil/status/939093628701601792

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Warhawk109 posted:

He is the greatest living troll.

You need help if you think that is something to be proud of.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
That's some impressive cognitive dissonance: a Star Citizen supporter criticising another game dev for taking too long.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

I took some screenshots from my adventures today. Let's see if posting them here gets my account blocked!

Here I am looking super cool in my kickin-rad new trenchcoat and safety hat.

Here I am at the bar in Levski, now in my spacesuit but still wearing my safety hat. I don't know why it looks like I just smelled some dog poo poo.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQgBVjBPY0s

SCtrumpHaters
Oct 28, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

DapperDon posted:

You need help if you think that is something to be proud of.

He's by far the most LGBT friendly president ever on entering office. Thats a fact and a great troll for your liberal friends.

Obama ran on federally mandated one man one woman in 2008, as did hildawg. Trumps always been it doesnt matter let the states decide

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

https://gfycat.com/UnluckyDizzyJackrabbit

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

SCtrumpHaters posted:

He's by far the most LGBT friendly president ever on entering office. Thats a fact and a great troll for your liberal friends.

Obama ran on federally mandated one man one woman in 2008, as did hildawg. Trumps always been it doesnt matter let the states decide

The problem with that is now he is not wanting States to decide anything anymore. Just look at what ol Jeff "Keebler Cracker" Sessions is cooking up with regards to MMJ and abortion or medical insurance. I can do this all day.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

:lol:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

D&D is thatta way dudes

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

I'm glad that we're finally finding the courage to talk about Donald Trump on the internet.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
I'm happy we finally have a thread to do it in; there aren't any others on the forums at all

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

You are the hero we need.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Now if there was only a place to discuss the shenanigans of Derek Smart.