Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I’m convinced that almost everyone still paying for those is at least like 50 years old. Hudl and twitter have rendered it completely pointless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
By some miracle, McElwain had the core of a strong recruiting class in place. Mullen seems like he's going to hustle more than Mac ever did. Should be a decent class for the Gators, given the coaching staff changes.

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared

MourningView posted:

I’m convinced that almost everyone still paying for those is at least like 50 years old. Hudl and twitter have rendered it completely pointless.

Actually, that's pretty accurate. Anyone paying for those that isn't a white male, age 40 - 55, is in a bigtime minority. I forgot that I have a 247 account for 3 years and logged in for the first time a few months ago. It's more amazing to me than ever to see the insane bullshit "insiders" make up on there. I forgot how bad it was.

And you're 100% right about Hudl and Twitter. All the pay sites are shrinking or getting absorbed/bought into bigger networks (ie - 247 to CBSSports). Meanwhile, only free content is getting any traction.

One thing that went by semi-unnoticed is that Bleacher Report had developed an entire Youth Athletes division with some very good writers and video producers. They scrapped the whole thing a week after Signing Day this year. Recruiting news is starting to lose clicks and value because it's too easily available now. Ergo why they aren't even really messing with commitment videos like they were.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
4* Cam Wynn decommits from UT

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Doronin posted:

they had to fire their best evaluator early this year on account of doing something very, very stupid relative to Big XII recruiting because he's a petulant child.

go on...

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared

Since you asked! And since I don't know how much that guy probably searches his own name on Google, I won't mention the evaluator by name, but if you figure out who I'm talking about I'll respond with an emoji or something.

Anyhow, back when TJ Pledger committed to OU in the spring, this particular person got suuuuuuper pissed when OU coaches confirmed the commitment with a local reporter first to break the news. This guy, let's just call him Brian -- felt like OU OWED him that scoop and took it very personally they gave the news to someone else. So he decided he'd really stick it to OU. Then he calls up Cameron Rising and his parents, who was an OU commit at the time, and went on and on poo poo-talking the Sooners about how toxic it was there, and other things. Well, where Brian really hosed up is that he didn't do his homework and had no clue, apparently, that Rising's dad and Tom Herman were both from the same town and played together at Cal Lutheran. So there was about a 99% chance he'd flip to Texas if Texas wanted him. It was pretty much inevitable. Buuut, Brian thought he was twisting a knife. Nevertheless, OU found out about those calls and decided to see what the big boss at 247Sports thought about it. Brian was fired immediately.

Doronin fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Dec 6, 2017

SmellsLikeToast
Dec 30, 2005

A GREATER MAN THAN I DESERVE

KKKLIP ART posted:

I kinda miss having a friends login to the UGA Rivals boards just to read the drama but he let us lapse and now I don’t get to read all the ridiculous “insider” info.

I have access to it. Fun people-watchin'.

(They do a student special for like five bucks for a year so why the hell not)

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

I like to think Dan Mullen wears a gator helmet during recruiting visits

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

pillsburysoldier posted:

I like to think Dan Mullen wears a gator helmet during recruiting visits

lol

Dude has been insanely active since he got the job. I can't log on Twitter without seeing news of an offer or visit

He's been making a concerted effort to keep Corral which is great to see.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

lol current players warning others to back off of Matt Corral

https://twitter.com/cgjxxiii/status/938527921756672006

https://twitter.com/__laylow31/status/938530933673791489

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

The 247 ratings bump has been decidedly beneficial for the Hokies, suddenly listed with the 15th overall class with multiple players earning a 4th star. CB wasn't bullshitting that cutting Scout was a huge boost to our perception. It hopefully also quiets the fanbase a bit about Fuente & crew w/regards to recruiting.

They still need to get some quality O line commits, and I would love to see us actually close and land the elite talent that's still interested with us. Next month will be big for how the fans view Fuente's progress after the discontent down the stretch of the regular season.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
With Scout: 1 composite 4* player
Without Scout: 4 composite 4* players

(composite 4* are harder to come by, especially for a VT, who usually gets 0-2 unquestioned blue chip kids a class and a few more who are on the edge depending on what site you browse).

Just the worst site, am happy it's finally dead.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Taggart supposedly going hard after Justin Fields.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

You guys leave Fields alone.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

KKKLIP ART posted:

You guys leave Fields alone.

He's coming

He's a nole

He noles it to be true

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared
Not sure where 4-star LB Ayodele Adeyoe is going to sign, but it won't be with Texas. Illinois and Missouri seem to be trending.

Also, I said a while back that Rutgers was recruiting IMG the most aggressively. And they had two coaches on campus just yesterday. But Illinois is suddenly making Rutgers' efforts look pedestrian, by comparison.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

Doronin posted:

Not sure where 4-star LB Ayodele Adeyoe is going to sign, but it won't be with Texas. Illinois and Missouri seem to be trending.

Also, I said a while back that Rutgers was recruiting IMG the most aggressively. And they had two coaches on campus just yesterday. But Illinois is suddenly making Rutgers' efforts look pedestrian, by comparison.

Interesting. OU seems to think they’re in on Ayodele.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Doronin posted:

Huh. Kinda just happy to be in the running at this point with the huge whiff Mizzou has had on this class.

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

Interesting. OU seems to think they’re in on Ayodele.

Forgot to mention Florida could be a contender there, too. Mullen isn't wasting any time with this early signing coming up. Not sure about OU.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Fielda cmon

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Christ if there's ever a recruit Barry loving Odom should get it's a linebacker from a Missouri school. Why'd he decommit from UT?

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
It's looking like QB Shea Patterson, WR Van Jefferson, and Safety Deontay Anderson will be coming to Michigan.

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

Regnevelc posted:

It's looking like QB Shea Patterson, WR Van Jefferson, and Safety Deontay Anderson will be coming to Michigan.

How many of them are eligible immediately? Because if Patterson isn't playing next season, I can't see him faring much better than O'Korn has transferring into that system.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

TheGreyGhost posted:

How many of them are eligible immediately? Because if Patterson isn't playing next season, I can't see him faring much better than O'Korn has transferring into that system.

They all are expecting to win their appeals and be eligible for next year.

And Patterson is way better than O'Korn, are you high?

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Regnevelc posted:

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared

Mike_V posted:

Christ if there's ever a recruit Barry loving Odom should get it's a linebacker from a Missouri school. Why'd he decommit from UT?

Publicly he hasn't done/said anything yet. Now as to why he'd shy away from UT? That's what I'm trying to figure out.

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

Regnevelc posted:

Not doubting the talent side of that at all. To clarify, O'Korn looked like an awesome transfer until he ended up trying to run a completely alien system to him going from air raid to Harbaugh's stuff. Patterson's been running Freeze's high school offense for 2 years so far. He's probably going to end up better, but I'm not going to be shocked if he fails to beat out a Peters or McCaffrey on that roster that's been around for a little longer, given that it's a massive massive learning curve.

oschesar
Apr 22, 2006

Pain or damage don't end the world. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back. -Al Swearengen
Shiny Globule

Doronin posted:

Publicly he hasn't done/said anything yet. Now as to why he'd shy away from UT? That's what I'm trying to figure out.

I was reading some place that duvernay was bad mouthing ut to recruits. Maybe that?

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

TheGreyGhost posted:

Not doubting the talent side of that at all. To clarify, O'Korn looked like an awesome transfer until he ended up trying to run a completely alien system to him going from air raid to Harbaugh's stuff. Patterson's been running Freeze's high school offense for 2 years so far. He's probably going to end up better, but I'm not going to be shocked if he fails to beat out a Peters or McCaffrey on that roster that's been around for a little longer, given that it's a massive massive learning curve.

O'Korn was benched in Houston before transferring. He was far from a slam dunk. People just thought he'd be good because "strong arm + Harbaugh coaching"

I don't think never developing the ability to move from a first read or see any pressure without running backward in the pocket was going to work in the air raid either.

Not to say Patterson couldn't be a bust too, but he is a lot more proven than O'Korn at this point

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS

Regnevelc posted:

I'm so goddamn happy Patterson's backup turned out to be good or this would be a huge kick in the dick. Even with Patterson's flaws the kid has talent and should do well in Michigan's system.

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared

oschesar posted:

I was reading some place that duvernay was bad mouthing ut to recruits. Maybe that?

Would be news to me, but I can't say it isn't true either. I know the first real damage to that relationship was back in August when Tom Herman was talking about not recruiting IMG. Although I think that was smoothed over, and Texas had the RB coach visit this week to check in since my last post on it. Not sure how much of a fix that was. This early signing period and the extra pressure coaches are pouring on, combined with IMG having 27-30 early grads/enrollees is making things a lot crazier than usual.

Nearly the entire Clemson coaching staff was on campus to look in on Xavier Thomas and Mike Jones, but they're starting to trend hard for Brendan Radley-Hiles. Brendan won't announce till the Army game though. It's pretty much Clemson or Oklahoma for him at this point, from what I'm gathering.

Although I'm also starting to think big Daniel Faalele might be taking a serious look at Minnesota. At one point I thought he was all-UGA. But Zack Annexstad might end up being their key recruit if he brings several OL with him. Curtis Dunlap who de-committed from Florida might be headed there, too. But Texas wants Curtis now, too. They're all going on their officials this weekend to see the Gophers.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
This is a new one. The #1 JUCO tight end tweeted this yesterday:

https://twitter.com/TheRealYungDom/status/939185774473355270?s=17

He eclipsed 24k over night. When I first saw the tweet he was around 2k

I’m sure when he doesn’t actually sign with Tennessee this won’t backfire at all.

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Dec 9, 2017

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Gonna sign with Alabama and use the hate as fuel

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Joey Freshwater posted:

This is a new one. The #1 JUCO tight end tweeted this yesterday:

https://twitter.com/TheRealYungDom/status/939185774473355270?s=17

He eclipsed 24k over night. When I first saw the tweet he was around 2k

I’m sure when he doesn’t actually sign with Tennessee this won’t backfire at all.

What did it say?

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon

Ehud posted:

What did it say?

That if he got a certain number of followers he would commit to Tennessee and that number has been met.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
He did the same thing for Nebraska too.

I think they are both deleted now.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Hah yeah he deleted it. It said if he got 20k followers he’d sign with Tennessee on the 20th.

Here’s Tyler Birds response to it:

https://twitter.com/D1fuzzymuffin17/status/939213465914396672?s=17

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
I think Nebraska was 25K, so we know who his #1 school is now.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
Sounds like hes 20% less interested in Nebraska to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared
Holy. poo poo. Daniel Faalele AND Curtis Dunlap both committed to Minnesota tonight. That's quite a coup considering the committable offers those two had. PJ Fleck owes Zack Annexstad an upgrade on that PWO to a full ride.

Curtis wasn't too surprising, but Daniel was really close to committing to UGA several times this fall.

• Locked thread