Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Rhyno posted:

I hope he kept that body on ice so he can fake his death more easily.

Oliver, I wish you would't keep that body frozen down here, it's creepy and you displaying it like a trophy is making it worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Wouldn’t be so bad if you didn’t keep dressing it up.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Phylodox posted:

Wouldn’t be so bad if you didn’t keep dressing it up.

Like a french maid.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

This is all startlingly plausible

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I thought Felicity's dad died?

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Wyld Dawg, how could you!

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

:frogout:

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
I really hope someone gets a good gif of Ollie at peak :frogout: because it was beautiful.

edit: five years ago I never would've guessed Thea would end up being a voice of reason, but here we are.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Evil Laurel is one of the best decisions the show's made.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Wait I thought Quentin knows that Sara is alive so why would he give Oliver that watch?

howe_sam posted:

I thought Felicity's dad died?

I think he just left because Smoak women are crazy.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Wait I thought Quentin knows that Sara is alive so why would he give Oliver that watch?
Because Sara's not the marrying kind.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Just once I wish an Arrowverse show would surprise me. But whoa the team was keeping secrets and fell apart what a twist whoaaa :geno:

That said, I do appreciate Thea's comment to Rene about how she doesn't date DJs.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
:lol: Ollie's going to jail because he can't not look a gift horse in the mouth w/r/t Rene and he 100% deserves it.

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"
I recognized most of the villains in the lineup, but who was the guy between Cayden James and Richard Dragon? I don't remember seeing him before, but I might just be forgetting.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
So, what do we call this legion of doom?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Well right now, from the look of it, it's the "gently caress You, Oliver Queen" Brigade...

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time

Aquasnake posted:

I recognized most of the villains in the lineup, but who was the guy between Cayden James and Richard Dragon? I don't remember seeing him before, but I might just be forgetting.

Accoding to IMDB he's called Boots, played by Tobias Jelinek, and was with Cayden and Laurel in the "break into the internet" episode.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
I feel like this whole issue with Rene betraying Ollie could have been avoided if when speaking with FBI lady they had brought GOD DAMNED ATTORNEYS.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
That was the mid-season finale? Honestly didn't feel like it at all

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Sure it did. The team's fractured and the sharks are starting to swarm around the wreckage. It's not as cliffhangery as Oliver getting kicked off a mountain and killed very badly hurt by Ra's, but it sets up a clear break in the season.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

It's a men's watch?

TwoPair posted:

Just once I wish an Arrowverse show would surprise me. But whoa the team was keeping secrets and fell apart what a twist whoaaa :geno:
Yeah, how many times has this happened now?

ApeHawk posted:

So, what do we call this legion of doom?
The Legion of Wait Who Is This Guy Again? Half of these characters have barely been established and I think Anatoly is the only one that could really be called a well-developed character. Evil-Laurel is fun and Cayden James has potential, but I only recognised Vigilante by his scars and the other two guys I didn't recognise at all, but they're all lined up like as though we're supposed to consider them equally important.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I watched the crossover and I saw the Felicity thing and

That's... it? Like. Seriously? That's it? From the way everyone has been on it, the impression I had was that Felicity inserted herself into an actual wedding ceremony. But all she does is make a spur of the moment decision in a moment where everyone was already acting off the cuff where Barry and Iris were ready to just get a justice of the peace beforehand anyway.

I mean, I can't say I'm a fan of the whole subplot through the crossover and Oliver and Felicity has been an albatross around this show's neck, buuuut... honestly, it's far from the show killing moment on the level that killing Laurel was, and honestly from what I heard about it I expected something far more selfish and annoying than "Felicity doesn't want to get married because she associates it with the extremely painful memory of being shot, she works it out, and then she and Oliver get included in a moment that Barry and Iris don't seem to mind sharing".

The whole thing seems rather overblown.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

nine-gear crow posted:

Well right now, from the look of it, it's the "gently caress You, Oliver Queen" Brigade...

The Flash why are you here?
He shot it me in the back twice and I haven't gotten him back for it.

Also, let's be real Oliver would of made the same decision as Rene.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

TFRazorsaw posted:

That's... it? Like. Seriously? That's it? From the way everyone has been on it, the impression I had was that Felicity inserted herself into an actual wedding ceremony. But all she does is make a spur of the moment decision in a moment where everyone was already acting off the cuff where Barry and Iris were ready to just get a justice of the peace beforehand anyway.

I mean, I can't say I'm a fan of the whole subplot through the crossover and Oliver and Felicity has been an albatross around this show's neck, buuuut... honestly, it's far from the show killing moment on the level that killing Laurel was, and honestly from what I heard about it I expected something far more selfish and annoying than "Felicity doesn't want to get married because she associates it with the extremely painful memory of being shot, she works it out, and then she and Oliver get included in a moment that Barry and Iris don't seem to mind sharing".

Goons are bad especially ones who watch Flash and Legends.

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Boil 'em, mash 'em, cook 'em in a stew

TFRazorsaw posted:

:ssh: It usually is.

Well, time to bring in Wally, Thea and Roy and just refill out the team. Actually, no, I don't think Wally and Ollie together would be fun at all. I'm not expecting this team breakup to last very long, but Ollie hasn't usually had trouble in the past with people like Cayden James or Vigilante, but he will so that he'll have to swallow his pride and ask them to come back.

I have to say, though, that I think bringing in William as a big part of the show is the worst thing they've done in 5.5 seasons. It just limits them so much on what they can do with Ollie and that's frustrating to watch. Him trying to be a father is neat and all, but if we're sacrificing him being a badass body dropping archer for that, then I feel like we're not on the better end of that trade.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Just watch William become Oliver's Damien.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

TFRazorsaw posted:

One might call this an epiphany.

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Where kitties raise dragons in the world's largest mall.
hurray

they didn't break up olicity literally the next episode after they got married.

not because I care either way, but pick a side and stick with it.

whom was the league of supervillains in the last seen again?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

shades of eternity posted:

whom was the league of supervillains in the last seen again?
Vigilante, Anatoly, Evil Laurel, Cayden James, some guy named Boots(?), and Ricardo Diaz

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Feels like the villains could have done with a bit more in this episode, I suppose each of them has had an episode or two this season at this point but Vigilante especially doesn't feel like he fits with the rest. Just think the villains need someone with a bit more character, outside of Black Siren they're slightly dull. If the theme is "people who have beef with the Green Arrow and are otherwise relatively normal guys" then they should have brought back Peter Stormare as Count Vertigo and Vinnie Jones as Brick, that would have been fun.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

That shot certainly made it come off like a team moment but it feels more like just Cayden's conspiracy. None of them besides Laurel and Anatoly have been a big deal really but they all in some way played a role in where we're at this season. They've been teasing that for awhile and I still suspect the fed might be part of it too. That was just the reveal which they probably did a little over the top for the level of those characters, but was something I was basically expecting to come even though I didn't necessarily have Vigilante and Anatoly in mind.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

ApeHawk posted:

Just watch William become Oliver's Damien.

Can't be done, Damein is a motherfucking Teeninja

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Rocksicles posted:

Can't be done, Damein is a motherfucking Teeninja

Yeah, it would be more believable if David Mazouz showed up randomly as Bruce Wayne and Oliver trained him to be Batman. Wasn't Mazouz angling to play Damien in the DCEU already? I seem to remember hearing that somewhere.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

nine-gear crow posted:

Yeah, it would be more believable if David Mazouz showed up randomly as Bruce Wayne and Oliver trained him to be Batman. Wasn't Mazouz angling to play Damien in the DCEU already? I seem to remember hearing that somewhere.

You need a kid that ha done tricking since he was 5. That's my issue wIth Dick as Robin, you need someone who looks like he can backflip over a wall.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I think he just left because Smoak women are crazy.

Felicity's dad is Calculator. She had his dumb rear end thrown in jail after he tried to steal secrets from Palmer.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
So anyway, we have three episodes to go and there's a whole lot of dumb going down currently. Given the name of the last episode is All For Nothing, I'm getting the feeling I'm going to be extremely annoyed by the end of this season.

They did such a good job last season too :(

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
What? Only three episodes left?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Rhyno posted:

What? Only three episodes left?

That's all I got on my DVR. :shrug: Maybe there'll be more announced.

e: Jesus this whole thing drives me insane. "I needed someone who believed in me!" So... you... immediately went to the psychopath that's been murdering his way through Star City because you were romantically involved with him. Good job there buddy!

Chokes McGee fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Dec 10, 2017

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Chokes McGee posted:

That's all I got on my DVR. :shrug: Maybe there'll be more announced.

e: Jesus this whole thing drives me insane. "I needed someone who believed in me!" So... you... immediately went to the psychopath that's been murdering his way through Star City because you were romantically involved with him. Good job there buddy!

I expected more than a loving shrug outta Dig. She has had his back while Ollie totally loving shafted him, and even though him and Ollie worked that out, it woulda been cool to see Dig stand up for her. She's a great anchor for the team. Put her in as leader instead of Oliver maybe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Chokes McGee posted:

So anyway, we have three episodes to go and there's a whole lot of dumb going down currently. Given the name of the last episode is All For Nothing, I'm getting the feeling I'm going to be extremely annoyed by the end of this season.

They did such a good job last season too :(

There’s 14 more episodes.