Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Got a fancy name and it's spraying your pooper? That'll make you gay twice as fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006
I feel a great disturbance in my pants
We live in a world where Dude Wipes exist, there's no excuse for not wiping your butt even if you're a tox masc type

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, that girl a few pages back with the rancid puss was definitely suffering from toxic masculinity.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

blarzgh posted:

Yeah, that girl a few pages back with the rancid puss was definitely suffering from toxic masculinity.

I mean thats what we call getting pregnant round here.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Olanphonia posted:

Get poo poo husband a bidet. It'll clean him real nicely.

alternatively, chase him with a garden hose.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post
Me [22 F] with my new boyfriend [24 M] 1 month, he uses a new toothbrush every time?

quote:

I really like this guy, and my friends like him, and I get along with all his friends, but there's one problem. I stay over a lot of night but this morning was the first time I saw him brush his teeth, that's not to say he does it rarely, I just wasn't in the bathroom with him when he brushed before.

He opened the medicine cabinet, took out a cheap plastic looking tooth brush in a plastic wrapper, he took the plastic off, then started brushing. I asked if he was going to use any tooth paste and he said no, the brush is PREPASTED. I laughed because I thought he was kidding, he wasn't, he spit out a bunch of tooth paste foam. He said he only got the toothpaste I use for me if I decided to stay over. He threw the toothbrush away, and then opened the cabinet under the sink, and there was a big box full of these wrapped toothbrushes, he picked one out, and put it in the medicine cabinet, and was done.

I asked him why he brushes his teeth like that and he said it's just easier. I don't know what to make of this. If it was other people I'd think he's OCD or germaphobic but I've seen him share a bottle of coke of with his friends which is something I wouldn't even do. What the hecking hell?

tl;dr: My new boyfriend uses prewrapped toothbrushes and it makes me think something might be wrong with him?

The award for biggest overreaction goes to...

HCFJ
Nov 30, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

La Brea Carpet posted:

Me [22 F] with my new boyfriend [24 M] 1 month, he uses a new toothbrush every time?

The award for biggest overreaction goes to...

Shes absolutely overreacting but nonetheless that whole post is weird as gently caress

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Don't tell me you filthy people use tubes of toothpaste and a toothbrush more than once? DISGUSTING

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

La Brea Carpet posted:

I (25f) am not the Manic Pixie Geek Girl my boyfriend (27m) wants. How can I get it through to him? 3 years together.

How can you be with someone for three christing years and not know what they do or don't like? Both of them are probably awful at communication. He's being a weird dick but she's not bothering to let him know she's not into that poo poo. Like I doubt he's assuming because she has weird hair and cool glasses that she's deep into the same things he is, he's probably assuming it because she apparently just hasn't bothered to tell him which is insane at a 3 year point in a relationship

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

precision posted:

How can you be with someone for three christing years and not know what they do or don't like? Both of them are probably awful at communication. He's being a weird dick but she's not bothering to let him know she's not into that poo poo. Like I doubt he's assuming because she has weird hair and cool glasses that she's deep into the same things he is, he's probably assuming it because she apparently just hasn't bothered to tell him which is insane at a 3 year point in a relationship

There are still people who think Beast Wars is Randian. I mean people can go a long time being stupid. Their whole lives, often.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

precision posted:

You gotta read the post, dude. She tells him and he ignores her.

quote:

I told him that later, in private, and he just smiled and nodded and said "Just you wait, you'll love it!"

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

LadyPictureShow posted:

Back to back posts because this gal has found herself in a lovely situation.

My [24F] boyfriend [26M] doesn't clean himself properly

Point out the poo poo stains to that shitstain!

It makes me think of that episode of Horrible People where Billy Eichen gets a gig on a kids show and has to perform a song about proper wiping. 'Wipe, wipe, wipe! Til you see the white!'

quote:

I’m unsure of how to broach the issue gently. 

You don't need to. Just :sever: and ghost him. Eventually he will come to understand that he's unlovable and will stop trying, saving everyone a bad relationship.

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
buy him adult diapers and just shame him, "oh the baby is poopy again? wash the poopy butt baby or there is no din din"

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

datajugend posted:

buy him adult diapers and just shame him, "oh the baby is poopy again? wash the poopy butt baby or there is no din din"
hmm yes, no way this could backfire

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
he is already leaving his backfire everywhere, i think he will survive

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
My [26F] boyfriend [27M] of two years made a fancy paper snowflake for a stressed coworker [27F] whose department refuses to get into "holiday spirit". Should I be concerned?

quote:

He told me this as soon as he got home after work. He gets coffee with her once a week and she apparently told him that she was depressed because no one in her department wanted to put up decorations. So he offered to make her a snowflake to cheer her up.

I know, I know. Stupid thing to worry about, right? Maybe it's just me, but the act of him putting such thoughtful effort for another woman makes me uneasy.

Our relationship is great. We communicate well, the sex is awesome, and we're emotionally in tune. I've never been happier or more supported, even by family.

He's a very compassionate person by nature, so this isn't out of character for him. But I can't help but worry that him making the snowflake is too personal a gesture for my liking. Should I talk with him? Or is it a silly thing to get so worked up about?

TL;DR - BF made a paper snowflake for a depressed coworker to help with holiday cheer. Should I be concerned?

Snowflakes are basically the world’s oldest metaphor for loving.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

quote:

I asked him if anyone else got one, and he said he sat down with a coworker's kid to make a pikachu snowflake together.

Now I feel double dumb, haha.

Oh great so he’s a kid diddler too

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
"I can't bear the thought of my partner putting effort into a friendship with someone else" -- A healthy well adjusted person.

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul
Maybe he thinks she's whiny and it was meant as a devastating own but everyone is interpreting it as a touching personal gesture, making the one who got owned... himself

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Paper snowflakes AKA the start of the most adorable affair ever

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006
I feel a great disturbance in my pants
She's definitely going to bring it up in the worst possible way, causing him to get offended and break up with her and start dating the snowflake coworker. A hilarious self-own.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Theophany posted:

It takes up valuable raiding time.

Just lol if you don't set up your colostomy bag before the raid starts.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

Non-romantic] One of my (25m) roommates (25f)/(25m) drunkenly invited a complete stranger into the apartment we live in. How do I talk to her about it, and let her know it's not something I'll let happen again. I've known her for 6 years, and him for 11

quote:

All three of use were outside smoking cigarettes around midnight and a complete stranger comes over asking for directions. After we tell him how to get to where he needs to go, she (let's call her Lara) invited him in from the cold. Now, mind you, I have to get up to go to work at 530 in the morning.

We head up to our unit and go inside with this random passerby. Now, I work in security, and unfortunately my mindset sees people I don't know as a threat. I get into my room and conceal my punch knife on a lanyard under my shirt, and tuck my sidearm in my IWB holster. I don't know the guy, I dont know his intent, so I'm sure as poo poo going to get ready for the worst case scenario.

At around 230 in the morning, after I had gotten a feel for the guy and didn't feel he was likely to be a threat, Lara and her boyfriend went into their room and started the drunk sexytimes. So here I am, with a random dude, who I didn't want in my abode, alone in my living room. After about a half hour he finally leaves because I told him I was fixin' to go to bed.

At the end of the day, the guy was pretty cool. Didn't seem scummy, but I don't know him. He could have been casing the joint or he could have attacked us. It's been bothering me all morning that I could have been killed in my apartment because of her drunken bullshit.

She gets offended and upset easily, super thin skin, so how do I approach the situation?

Tl;Dr: Roommate drunkenly invites stranger into apartment and disappears into her room without having him leave, making the random guy my resposibility. How do I talk to her, without offending her (she has thin skin), about the situation?

I'm sure the news article after the shooting about this guy will include the phrase "police academy reject"

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

La Brea Carpet posted:

Non-romantic] One of my (25m) roommates (25f)/(25m) drunkenly invited a complete stranger into the apartment we live in. How do I talk to her about it, and let her know it's not something I'll let happen again. I've known her for 6 years, and him for 11

I'm sure the news article after the shooting about this guy will include the phrase "police academy reject"

Mahoneeeeeeeeey!

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
I don't think there's a plethora of men unwilling to wipe their asses, someone just keeps posting the same thing.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

new phone who dis posted:

I don't think there's a plethora of men unwilling to wipe their asses, someone just keeps posting the same thing.

I like to think there is just the one dude but he gets a new girlfriend as soon as the last one dumps(heh) him spreading the myth of the skidmarker far and wide.

A Johnny Crappleseed if you will.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Pick posted:

I'm an art collector generally and taxidermy is art.

pick what are your Thoughts on the filmmaster and puppetwizard "Jan" "Svankmajer" "?"

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Paying taxes with Bitcoin gains

quote:

Hello,

I just cashed out most of my bitcoin during the last big price spike, about a day ago. I bought in at about 2% of the current price, so my capital gains taxes are going to be quite high I imagine.

My question is this: How would the US government know what price I bought in at? What if I just say I bought in at 17,000 and sold at 15,500. Or what if I tell them someone gifted me the bitcoin?

What exactly would the penalty be if I just launder the money through prepaid gift cards for example?

Openly asking how to defraud the IRS using a currency that's publically traceable? :thunk: Can't see anything wrong there.

The post got deleted from /r/legaladvice, and was immediately followed by :

Any guides on how to launder bitcoin earnings? (r/Bitcoin)

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Am I wrong to think the couple involved with ms I got pregnant on purpose are stupid but also the biggest saints in the world for trying to make this work?

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!

LethalGeek posted:

Am I wrong to think the couple involved with ms I got pregnant on purpose are stupid but also the biggest saints in the world for trying to make this work?

Seems like they got exactly what they want. A kid they can give back when they want their alone time, wife doesn't get stretch marks, got to bang a third.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
They wanted a baby but gf didn’t want to lose her figure so they played the long con.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

My [21/M] girlfriend [27/F] of almost 3 years proposed to me a few weeks ago. I rejected it and our relationship hasn’t been the same ever since.

:thunk:

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

La Brea Carpet posted:

My [21/M] girlfriend [27/F] of almost 3 years proposed to me a few weeks ago. I rejected it and our relationship hasn’t been the same ever since.

:thunk:

I can't imagine why.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

My[21M] fiancee[21F] feels like she has to poop when we argue and I don't know what to do

Hey /r/relationships,
I have a great relationship with my fiancee who I've been with for 7 years. She's really supportive and we get along very well most of the time. But occasionally, like all couples I guess, we have arguments. Sometimes it's serious and sometimes it's just silly bickering.

But about half the time when we're having one of these arguments, my fiancee will say "Stop! You're making me have to poop!" This is really disconcerting. I don't know what it is, but apparently stress makes her have to poop?

It feels like kind of a lame way to end the argument too. Like, I can't talk to her for fifteen minutes after she says that because she's in the bathroom. It makes it hard to resolve whatever we're discussing.

Have any of you dealt with this, either yourself or in a partner? How did you come to an agreement where the pooper gets to poop and the other party gets closure?

tl;dr: My fiancee has to poop whenever we argue and it's causing issues to fester.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

La Brea Carpet posted:

Without context Im going to assume he counteroffered and she was insulted by his low share price valuation for the deal.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Ah that's the stuff.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
she's a creep and he should run. she swooped in on him when he was 18 and she was 25

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

Me [24F] at my company's holiday party - got drunk and embarrassed myself with my engaged coworker [27M]

quote:

I've been at this company since March and before that, I worked a retail job, so this was the first company holiday party I've been to. In retrospect, I did a lot wrong and I embarrassed myself.

I have a male coworker that I have a crush on. I have not told him as he's engaged. We hang out with other coworkers outside of work and he has slept over my place once with other coworkers since we were all drunk and it was late. I try to be respectful of his relationship. I thought at one point he may return the feelings towards me, but he has not said anything and is still with his fiancee. We are close friends in the office and I would hate to ruin things for everyone.

It was my company's holiday party last night. It was at a nice hotel, cocktail attire. I got together with some of the women from my office to get ready before. We pre-gamed before.

I wound up having way too much to drink. I do not remember a lot of the night. I remember talking to my male coworker a lot, drinking some, a speech here and there, the food from my throw up, but that's it. I know this will be the last time I drink so heavily at these events.
I woke up at my coworker's house this morning. My two female coworkers told me they had to drag me away from the party since I was so drunk and making a scene. They told me that I spent the night flirting with my male coworker, who's fiancee came with him. As they tell says, he introduced me to his fiancee and then I sort of went off the rails? I apparently flirted with him in front of her before someone led me away. When he went to the bar alone, I tried to share a drink with him. When he was alone again, I asked him to dance and when he said no, I tried.

When he refused, I got upset and asked why he didn't like me. Apparently this was overheard by a lot of my coworkers. At the end of the night, I was making a scene and going on about things and they finally brought me home (since they tried before and I wouldn't go).

I am embarrassed. I am never drinking again at a company event. I ruined my friendship with him, most likely. I was invited to his wedding, I doubt that they'd want me there now. I did this in front of my boss and all my coworkers. I wish I could say that people were too busy to notice, but I was making such a scene that one of my coworkers took a video of my going off at one point. I know I can be a jealous person, but this is an ugly side of me that I have never seen and never want to see again. I realize that I may have deeper feelings for my coworker than I believed, but that isn't an excuse to act like that.

My main things are - how should I act at work now? Should I apologize to him, to my coworkers? Should I act like it never happened? Can I smooth things over with him? We have a solid friend group from work and I don't want to ruin that? How can I get over the shame here?

tl;dr: I got really drunk at my company's holiday party and was all over my engaged coworker. What to do now?

You are now that girl. Update your resume.

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat
I realize you're 24, and have only been able to legally drink for 3 years, but that's 3 years longer than you needed to understand that getting lovely out-of-control drunk at a work event is not a good idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hibbloes
Jun 9, 2007
Yo

La Brea Carpet posted:

Me [24F] at my company's holiday party - got drunk and embarrassed myself with my engaged coworker [27M]

one of my coworkers took a video of my going off at one point

Should I act like it never happened?

the wishfullest of thinking.