Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

doctor thodt
Apr 2, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
bigger younger guy by split decision

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
rigondeaux's first fight against a p4p guy in nonito donaire. a fair criticism of rigondeaux is that he's often not really an exciting fighter to watch. this is not one of those occasions. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3V5V_19fW0&t=446s

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
I'm horny for tomorrow, gang. I think Lomachenko gets the decision and at least one knockdown. Rigo bends at the waist 40 minutes a fight and Loma murders everyone who goes to that well too often, but who knows

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

vainman posted:

I'm horny for tomorrow, gang. I think Lomachenko gets the decision and at least one knockdown. Rigo bends at the waist 40 minutes a fight and Loma murders everyone who goes to that well too often, but who knows

i don't know what the odds are for rigo to be knocked down but win the decision but i'd hop on that in a second

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Loma doesn’t really have that much power, unlike Donaire, and Rigo usually gets knocked down on single shots so I’d be surprised if Loma knocked him down.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

i'm really curious to see how loma gets inside and stays there. donaire was loving terrified of throwing more than one punch because every time a glove left his face rigo's own glove would replace it. it took donaire nine or ten rounds to pluck up the courage to swarm on him and once he did he actually knocked rigo down, but rigo went right back to dictating every aspect of the fight the second after standing up. i am so keen for this.

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

I remember watching a video of how Loma was able to basically use overly defensive fighters to position himself from side to side. Basically they keep their hands too high and he puts his glove up there to further shield their vision. From there he does basically whatever he wants footwork wise, and cannot really be hit in return.

I don't really see Rigo allowing him to block his view like that nor do I see him blocking off his own vision with a high guard. Will be interesting to see if Lomachenko can get away with the kind of lopsided output he normally does.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Despite being an overly defensive fighter, Rigo doesn’t really use a high guard, or even much of a guard at all really. Mostly he just relies on distance control.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I'm watching Donaire-Rigondeaux to get hyped. More action in the fight than I remembered. I think Loma's a far better offensive fighter than Donaire but I still can't shake the possibility that he gets shut out and frustrated on the outside just like the Filipino Flash did.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Odds on this fight really closed up. Loma -325, Rigo +250 to win. Wish I'd put money on Rigo back when he was like +600.

Gold Sexy Body
Nov 17, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
I'm very very hype.

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH
Doesn't Rigo have to win this by stoppage basically?

Gold Sexy Body
Nov 17, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Tyree posted:

Doesn't Rigo have to win this by stoppage basically?

Not necessarily. He could sit just outside the pocket, not get hit and win rounds by the odd jab.

I don't think he will do this but that would be a realistic path to victory for him.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

If Rigo is going to win it’ll be off the left hook rather than the jab

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
Oh poo poo, we can watch this for free on the BTSport streamer in the UK, just a heads up UK goons. Wonder who sorted out that deal!

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Boxnation is basically bankrolled by BT Sport these days

In other news DeGale is doing a DeGale and looking like poo poo against Truax, might lose tbh, robbery notwithstanding

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH

Gold Sexy Body posted:

Not necessarily. He could sit just outside the pocket, not get hit and win rounds by the odd jab.

I don't think he will do this but that would be a realistic path to victory for him.

No I mean that Arum will not allow this. If they go to decision and Loma wasn't knocked down every round, Loma wins.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

willie_dee posted:

Oh poo poo, we can watch this for free on the BTSport streamer in the UK, just a heads up UK goons. Wonder who sorted out that deal!

oh word? how does this work

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

Lionel Richie posted:

In other news DeGale is doing a DeGale and looking like poo poo against Truax, might lose tbh, robbery notwithstanding

Dave Parris will have it 118-110 DeGale whatever

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I've only watched these last 3 rounds but degale looks terrible

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Rigos not going to win so :shrug: moot point

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Lol

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

I was wrong about Parris, but quelle surprise his scorecard was the most DeGale friendly.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

biglads posted:

Dave Parris will have it 118-110 DeGale whatever

He tried mate he tried

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
Words on tonight's fight (only 25% recycled) incoming.

Big ups to pro twitter follow Caleb Truax :hellyeah:

https://twitter.com/goldencalebt

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

fair result from what i saw (round 7 onwards)

degale looked wank, been going backwards for a while imo

Szymanski
Jul 31, 2005

You down with OCP?
Sugartime Jones
Good decision, not that you'd think so from the commentary

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Does Rigondeaux have a rear hook?

Gold Sexy Body
Nov 17, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
James DeGale is trash lmao

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

thehappyprince posted:

oh word? how does this work

No idea, but its showing up as a clickable channel on their website when you log on like 1, 2, 3, Boxnation

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
I actually bothered wrote more than two sentences this time :kiddo:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3825553

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

kimbo305 posted:

Does Rigondeaux have a rear hook?

Yes, his left hook is his nastiest punch

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

holy gently caress, smith's ear

E: I've actually seen this happen before once on ESPN Fight Night like 10 years ago. But jesus christ, his ear was split in half

Duke Pukem fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Dec 10, 2017

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

That was the first time I've ever seen an ear split in half :stare:

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Farmer looks good

E: I actually thought Ogawa won by a few rounds too. He was landing the more effective punches.

Farmer was slicker though

Duke Pukem fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Dec 10, 2017

meat CRime
Jun 12, 2010

ham, turkey, roast beef, cold cuts, North Carolina, vienna sausage
Grimey Drawer
wow 117-111 on ledermans card and they gave it to ogawa via split decision

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
lol remember when people thought Rigo had something for Loma

Duke Pukem