Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747

Schiavona posted:

Seriously though what is the benefit of the Winchester? No attachments makes it hard as heck to use, even with decent iron sights.

New revolver is cool, even if handguns aren’t good.

its a fun gun when you hit shots

its a gimmick / gently caress around gun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

daslog posted:

I haven't had any problems finding a vehicle by just running down a road.

Maybe it’s just RNG for me, but I’ve had a tough time finding them. Judging by the amount of people getting blue zoned, I’m can’t be too alone.

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Excuse me, but you'll find that all of the shotguns are lategame shotguns when the circle is small enough and in fact do not suck.

The saiga sucks and is intended to be the "late game" shotgun. That's what i was referring to. I'd love to see a m4 super 90 that does as much damage as the pump, can take a sight and choke, and is balanced by the lack of mag and/or high recoil

The B_36
Jul 10, 2012

CitizenKain posted:

Maybe it’s just RNG for me, but I’ve had a tough time finding them. Judging by the amount of people getting blue zoned, I’m can’t be too alone.

I would assume alot of people are getting blue zoned because they're either not used to the map or are simply exploring it and finding out where things are/what strategies to use; I wouldn't read too much into it when the map has been available for less than a week. All the loot and vehicle spawn complaints will fade out once people figure out where things spawn.

Dryb
Jul 30, 2007

What did I do?
I kind of like the new map. Loot feels sparser, but my group started dropping at the Hacienda and there has been plenty of poo poo there every time.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
I've been having good luck at the lucha arena. Had some bad luck with loot initially at the power plant, but I ended up killing the other three people that landed there with an AK with only one mag, so I guess it worked out!

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

succ posted:

its a fun gun when you hit shots

its a gimmick / gently caress around gun

There also this very popular clip trending on reddit: https://gfycat.com/DefenselessEnviousCoqui

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Ihmemies posted:

There also this very popular clip trending on reddit: https://gfycat.com/DefenselessEnviousCoqui

I can barely even tell, knowing where the people are, where they are.

Personally I hate the Winchester, playing pixel hunt is aggravating bullshit.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
New map, it seems really important to get a vehicle early and to stay well ahead of the circle. Going offroad seems like a huge death trap. So far I have died to cliffs 3 of 3 times that I have tried to offroad out of desperation.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I love the new map and the new guns and the vaulting actually works and I now have a tiny glimmer of hope that this game might turn out okay. :unsmith:

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Jarmak posted:

I used to love the vector until i realized the ump did significantly more damage per shot and switched and never went back.

The Vektor does massively more DPS man. I always pick up the Vektor and never the UMP.

E: DPS of non-box guns:
Vector 563
AKM 480
M416 476
UZI 479
Scar-L 427
Tommy Gun 441
UMP9 380

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

The Mash posted:

The Vektor does massively more DPS man. I always pick up the Vektor and never the UMP.

Vector 563
AKM 480
M416 476
UZI 479
Scar-L 427
Tommy Gun 441
UMP9 380

The thing is, the jump is way more controllable/has better spread.
The strict DPS of the uzi puts it above the UMP, but the UMP is far better than the uzi.

I do like the Vector though.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Uzi is king of face clearing but the UMP also does its work hip shooting. I liked taking the Vector when it first came out but when they nerfed the damage and made the recoil higher it became harder to choose. Plus you can use the UMP straight out of the box without an issue whereas the Vector at a minimum you need that extended mag and probably also the grip/stock so you can get your shots on target.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
This whole argument is moot anyway, because the Tommy Gun is the best SMG by virtue of being the coolest.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I can't believe how many people don't like the desert map. It's like playing PUBG in the town from Tremors.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

The Mash posted:

Vector 563
AKM 480
M416 476
UZI 479
Scar-L 427
Tommy Gun 441
UMP9 380

assuming you hit all bullets

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Ehud posted:

I can't believe how many people don't like the desert map. It's like playing PUBG in the town from Tremors.

Imagine a co-op horde shooter in the Tremors setting

Left 4 Graboids

EDIT: \/ That is actually a better idea

Nordick fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Dec 10, 2017

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Nordick posted:

Imagine a co-op horde shooter in the Tremors setting

Left 4 Graboids

Or just add graboids to PUBG. Imagine the final circles as people fought to stay on top of rocks to avoid graboids.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Ehud posted:

Way too big, devoid of players, last circles suck because of no cover, no loot

Just a boring, boring snoozefest overall. Can't wait to get to play the regular map with the fps improvements.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

New map is pretty good. Pretty, pretty, prettty good.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Ihmemies posted:

Way too big, devoid of players, last circles suck because of no cover, no loot

Just a boring, boring snoozefest overall. Can't wait to get to play the regular map with the fps improvements.

I played like 20 matches yesterday and I regularly ran into other players, found plenty of loot and didn't notice any difference in last circles in this vs the other map :shrug:

My favorite thing about the map is just that it feels more like a real world and less like a bunch of copying and pasting. I'm definitely in the minority but atmosphere is really important to me, even in games like this.

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.

Ehud posted:

I played like 20 matches yesterday and I regularly ran into other players, found plenty of loot and didn't notice any difference in last circles in this vs the other map :shrug:

My favorite thing about the map is just that it feels more like a real world and less like a bunch of copying and pasting. I'm definitely in the minority but atmosphere is really important to me, even in games like this.

Maybe it's because I've never been to the southwest but this doesn't feel real world at all to me.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

The crossbow is cool and good in the late game. Lately I’ve been forgoing a sniper and using m416 plus crossbow. I suck with snipers so my mid game is mostly hiding and trying to sneak up on people. Crossbow is amazing when the circle starts to tighten up.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

cosmicjim posted:

Maybe it's because I've never been to the southwest but this doesn't feel real world at all to me.

It doesn't feel like a real world. It feels more like a real world than the other map does, to me at least.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

HatfulOfHollow posted:

The crossbow is cool and good in the late game. Lately I’ve been forgoing a sniper and using m416 plus crossbow. I suck with snipers so my mid game is mostly hiding and trying to sneak up on people. Crossbow is amazing when the circle starts to tighten up.

Crossbow could stand being a different color and/or smaller though. Of all the equipment it sticks up higher than everything else.

Ehud posted:

It doesn't feel like a real world. It feels more like a real world than the other map does, to me at least.

One thing I've noticed is basically every hill on the horizon now has l2 helmet shaped rocks on the summit to gently caress with people. The sightlines for most of the pissant town buildings are also absolutely awful compared to the first map.

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Party Plane Jones posted:

One thing I've noticed is basically every hill on the horizon now has l2 helmet shaped rocks on the summit to gently caress with people. The sightlines for most of the pissant town buildings are also absolutely awful compared to the first map.

Now I wish you could pick up extra helmets to place out as decoys.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

cougar cub posted:

You can edit the .ini to add hold to ADS (and swaps the hipfire aim to single click). Don't remember how I did it but a quick google should provide the answer for you.

Yeah, except this adds a noticeable delay to aiming.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

cosmicjim posted:

Being from the southwest definitely helps. It does feel a bit more real to me, except not enough taco stands.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
New map is good as poo poo. Game runs so much better, I’m excited for the final release.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Yeah, definitely went from about 40-50 FPS to 50-70, although I need to reinstall reshaped because my current installation was causing crashing 100% of the time.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Yeah, definitely went from about 40-50 FPS to 50-70, although I need to reinstall reshaped because my current installation was causing crashing 100% of the time.

Everybody is crashing all the time. One of the dudes in the group I play with will crash in the lobby every time if the lobby is fresh and the timer hasn't started yet. Hell, Viss crashed like 6 times the other day.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Magres posted:

playing pixel hunt

You're describing every shooter ever.

knees of putty
Apr 2, 2009

gottle o' gear!
New map is definitely growing on me. At first I thought the big spaces between towns would be a pain, but the topography has lots of little places to hide so it works pretty well.

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.

Ehud posted:

It doesn't feel more like A real world to me. Guess just different opinions.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

I get about 2x fps with 8700K and gtx970 @2560x1600 compared to live. Fps never dips below 60 anymore. Earlier this year I got 20fps on plane. Now it's 85+fps.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

cosmicjim posted:

FWIW I live in Arizona and it does a great job of capturing the desolate beauty of it. I say that as someone who grew up in the Southeast surrounded by green and trees and hates living in the desert.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

ChesterJT posted:

You're describing every shooter ever.

This is a dumb thing to say

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I mean technically every game where you have to click on things is a pixel hunt

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

I don’t mind the new map but I wish it was a combination of desert, forest, jungle, prairie, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Magres posted:

This is a dumb thing to say

I'm not even sure what point you were trying to make because every shooter ever is the player trying to aim at a set of pixels on the screen. It is in fact a dumb thing to say.

• Locked thread