Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Mu Zeta posted:

Who is the actor on the left?

e: oh if you view the tweet on the Twitter site it has tags of the actors

https://twitter.com/CaraGeeeee

That's Drummer. The baddest of ice-cold bad-asses in the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Proteus Jones posted:

That's Drummer. The baddest of ice-cold bad-asses in the show.

Could watch her execute mutineers all day.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

"That will explode, and turn into a door" :allears:

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Grand Fromage posted:

Could watch her execute mutineers all day.

we need to get you to a doct--

SNARL GRAB HOBBLEHOBBLE BLAM. BLAMBLAMBLAM. ANGRY HOBBLE.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I hope we get to see a lot more of her next season, she managed to turn a bit of a minor role into a quite a popular breakout character.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Drummer could have an entire show to herself hydrating the Belt with beers and it would be the best thing on television

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

Milky Moor posted:

A thirty year time gap? Uhhh... Okay?

It's more like 20 years - the books take place at a much slower pace than the TV show and there's occasionally mid chapter gaps of months or years, but if you're not paying close attention you may not realise

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

I can't tell what those are supposed to be. I feel like they're finger sandwiches from appearance and context, but what kind??

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Pharmaskittle posted:

I can't tell what those are supposed to be. I feel like they're finger sandwiches from appearance and context, but what kind??

Cucumber I think.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Kazinsal posted:

Cucumber I think.

Hell yeah those are the good rich people poo poo

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Pharmaskittle posted:

Hell yeah those are the good rich people poo poo

And fresh vegetables are a serious luxury on Mars.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Irl if cucumber sandwiches come out I immediately feel out of place because I'm poor.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Cucumber is bad.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

They are gross sandwiches. It's just crustless white bread with cucumber and mayo or cream cheese. Tastes like bland crap.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Mu Zeta posted:

It's crustless white bread with cucumber and mayo or cream cheese. Tastes like heaven.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

They're not real food but they are wildly refreshing.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Mu Zeta posted:

They are gross sandwiches. It's just crustless white bread with cucumber and mayo or cream cheese. Tastes like bland crap.

It's just a way to make poor people feel bad that they can get all of the ingredients but could never waste so much to actually make them.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

They don't just cut the crust off, they fuckin shave down the bread to make it thinner

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

quote:

The ordinary human being would sooner starve than live on brown bread and raw carrots. And the peculiar evil is this, that the less money you have, the less inclined you feel to spend it on wholesome food. A millionaire may enjoy breakfasting off orange juice and Ryvita biscuits; an unemployed man doesn't.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
Bobbie going nuts on cucumber sandwiches is the best thing because it demonstrates how horrible Martian food must be.

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

Milky Moor posted:

Bobbie going nuts on cucumber sandwiches is the best thing because it demonstrates how horrible Martian food must be.

She orders her porterhouses medium rare, Martian food is great! :patriot:

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Milky Moor posted:

Fresh vegetables are premium items. Ones that are mostly water especially so.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Milky Moor posted:

Bobbie going nuts on cucumber sandwiches is the best thing because it demonstrates how much more PATRIOTIC and EFFICIENT Martian food is than decadent and wasteful Terran vegetables

E: Wait this is the Expanse thread not the Aurora LP thread. Still works, though

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Crazycryodude posted:

E: Wait this is the Expanse thread not the Aurora LP thread. Still works, though

On Audible i'm listening to The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet by Becky Chambers. It's awesome.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Is cucumber some hyper rare luxury item in the states? :psyduck:

I mean on mars sure.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
broke: crackers with cheese and dips and meats

woke: bread with tasteless vegetables

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Strategic Tea posted:

I mean on mars sure.

Just like dijon i guess

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Strategic Tea posted:

I mean on mars sure.

What? Of course not.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Strategic Tea posted:

I mean on mars sure.

How on Earth (heh) would the takeaway from this be that cucumbers are rare in the USA?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Strategic Tea posted:

I mean on mars sure.

It's just something bland and tasteless that rich people are going to make because they are bland white people.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
just gotta say this hella holds up during a rewatch

also having read the books and watched it twice i actually somewhat get wtf is going on

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Eh04zegZQY

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

lol ok from the class war rage against little sandwiches on trays I guessed they might at least have been extravagantly expensive.

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

It's just a way to make poor people feel bad that they can get all of the ingredients but could never waste so much to actually make them.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
shes a tall marine who doesn't eat fancy bullshit and adversrialiisa prob doesn't care much about eating and god drat it get here a vat steak

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Strategic Tea posted:

lol ok from the class war rage against little sandwiches on trays I guessed they might at least have been extravagantly expensive.

a giant tray of cucumber sandwiches is like five bucks.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
yes, but no one actually enjoys them unless they've been living under a hydroponic dome for their entire lives, or they're posing with other upper class twits

Sardikar
Sep 27, 2004
I cant think of anything to put here.

I found a cool thing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-iTzI28IQs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Phobophilia posted:

posing with other upper class twits

This is the point. Cucumbers are cheap but the only people who eat cucumber sandwiches are self important rich pricks. That's why they were on Mao's ship in the first place, to show what a douche he is.

• Locked thread