Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Did Pat end up livestreaming the game awards? His Twitch channel doesn't have any record of it.

edit: oh, it's on Paige's channel.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/207682875

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Their reaction to Death Stranding's trailer was very good.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Dias posted:

Their reaction to Death Stranding's trailer was very good.

totally a blank quote.

Also I had a similar reaction.

Squidtentacle
Jul 25, 2016

If the Game Awards stream wasn't on Pat's channel, have they put up a Youtube version anywhere yet? Twitch is blocked at work here and I'm too lazy to deal with my phone.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Paige hasn't uploaded it on her channel yet, but she does have a channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMaikIXU5cF6nS2YgJPYQsQ

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
She tweeted that the video got hit with so many id claims it was blocked in "230 countries."

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm still stunned that they never made a Wolfenstein 2 video.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

RareAcumen posted:

I'm still stunned that they never made a Wolfenstein 2 video.

Wouldn't be too surprised if it's in the LP pipeline.

This is bad, but like three minutes before that, Woolie boldly claimed that you cannot dive when you're a cheep-cheep, refusing to stop for a second (so that the controls would pop up) or to acknowledge the controls shown on screen.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
the odyssey LP is loving dire

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

https://www.twitch.tv/angriestpat

Pat and Paige are streaming the PSX, but also here's Woolie! Uncomfortable with Skellmo, Shellmo and Steve Busemi

e: half an hour in, Elmo has left, the most exciting announcement is that the UberEats arrived with everyone's food, Woolie and Paige remain offcamera doing undescribed actions.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Dec 9, 2017

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

the mustard story

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYvmoywt474

Ohshitohshitohshitohshit

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
They're literally just showing the first demo from 2 years ago as the first real gameplay in this show

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
This is the most nothing conference./

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Blockhouse posted:

the odyssey LP is loving dire

It’s actually very fun and good and y’all are too harsh on the boys imo.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Pigbuster posted:

It’s actually very fun and good and y’all are too harsh on the boys imo.

love the riveting footage of woolie gathering every single coin

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I'm... MOSTLY fine with it, though in no small part because it's an excuse to see Odyssey when I don't have a switch.

But those motherfuckers going "why is there a Jaxi up here?" and then asking "I wonder why this jaxi statue is missing," before JUST loving LEAVING drove me NUTS

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Woolie is going heavy into Lord of the rings racism with orcs being black people and elves being asian

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Woolie dropping race facts about LotR while Haus retires is oddly soothing.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Blockhouse posted:

love the riveting footage of woolie gathering every single coin

Gotta make sure to throw Cappy at EVERY SINGLE TORCH.

H A T T A M
Apr 21, 2016

Odyssey is the first game where I stopped watching because of the gameplay. I've never played a Dark Souls game so there's that, but something about this LP hurt my blood.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

Open-world games are inherently LP poison. I'm pretty sure its why they said they wouldn't do a BotW LP and its kind of weird to me that they chose to do Odyssey knowing that.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Dexie posted:

Gotta make sure to throw Cappy at EVERY SINGLE TORCH.

Woolie reeeally needs to rein that in, it's killing any semblance of momentum they might build. Just do the Pat thing and go back off screen to get huge.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

nerdman42 posted:

Open-world games are inherently LP poison. I'm pretty sure its why they said they wouldn't do a BotW LP and its kind of weird to me that they chose to do Odyssey knowing that.

It's a poor choice insomuch as it's Spatial Awareness: The Game but I wouldn't compare it to Zelda or other traditional open-world games, the areas aren't really that big and it's very easy to traverse them very quickly.

It also helps (or not, depending on what you want) that Matt seems to be pretty much just telling Woolie where all the moons are, or at least that seemed to be the case from the little I've seen.

My guess is they picked it because Matt really liked it and wanted to talk about it, it's a popular and completely foolproof game, and they decided on it on a whim because they're constantly unprepared for everything all the time. It could have been far worse.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
woolie doesnt know the techniques

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:
Not true, he knows both the roll and the ground pound, what else could he possibly need

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

https://twitter.com/AngriestPat/status/939568972114092038

Canadian Elf oozes magic joy out of every orifice as he plays videogame

paige is starving, elmo is crying

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Dec 9, 2017

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Guys is monster hunter world sick? I just downloaded it, but I can't play until I get off work tonight.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

FauxGateau posted:

Guys is monster hunter world sick? I just downloaded it, but I can't play until I get off work tonight.

it's pretty good.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

FauxGateau posted:

it's both sick and nasty, friend. It seems to hit right in the meaty part of the curve between accessible to newbies and plays like the classics.

As usual the demo is baby funtimes easy but it just encourages you to try every weapon and see how sick nasty they are.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
the pat and paige game awards video is worth watching explicitly for the Death Stranding part

I watched it 3 times, once to watch the trailer itself, once to watch the chat, and once to watch pat and paige, sitting there in utterly bewitched, horrified silence, mouths agape

also man that is some bona-fide HP Lovecraft poo poo, like true blue cosmic horror. Can't even begin to imagine what it's actually about, except the cryptic lines in the beginning/end make me think the fabric of the universe is unraveling, dimensional rifts are opening up, or physics themselves are warping and causing Things That Should Not Be to enter into our world. Or it's some War of the Worlds poo poo and we just cannot even comprehend it.

Christ, I want whatever Kojima's on

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Did the guys say why there's no videos today? Is it because Billy is still recovering or something?

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
I am Woolie’s flat-out lack of interest for the last 30 minutes of the PSX stream (which is now up at Pat Stares At!)

Also Woolie has lost SO much weight. Good for him!

Also seeing Pat and Paige continuing to be exactly the weird lovable couple they are in private with Woolie there looking at them like a couple of weirdos is so adorable.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Nilbop posted:

I am Woolie’s flat-out lack of interest for the last 30 minutes of the PSX stream (which is now up at Pat Stares At!)

Also Woolie has lost SO much weight. Good for him!

Also seeing Pat and Paige continuing to be exactly the weird lovable couple they are in private with Woolie there looking at them like a couple of weirdos is so adorable.

Sucks that they forgot to do the Elmo Song for him.

The PSX Stream was a masterpiece of dumb awkwardness. Made up for just absolutely no videos going up??

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/Mushi_suusking/status/939628190800134145

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
FFX is the Best Friends LP that keeps on giving. :allears:

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Grand Wizard Wakka is maybe the best in-joke they've ever made.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

hoobajoo posted:

Grand Wizard Wakka is maybe the best in-joke they've ever made.
I wish they had more of those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I wish people made more lore compilations besides just Crazy Talk in action.