Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Just a few slices of that pizza I mentioned earlier were enough to weigh my stomach down to the point where its sending out "no more food, ever", but the rest of me hasn't eaten in about eight hours and is telling me to eat something.

This is not a pleasant sensation. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I bought a new winter coat but it's too warm to wear it. I wish it was -20C. None of this +10C crap.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
My boots are starting to fall apart to the point that it's causing foot pain even with them off, but a decent pair of work boots that can withstand 12 hours a day of walking inside and outside costs a lot :smith:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
They raised the price of goat milk at my local grocery store by 20 cents. :mad:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Does unseasonably hot temperatures leading to a wildfire in the Canadian Rockies count?

Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

YeahTubaMike posted:

They raised the price of goat milk at my local grocery store by 20 cents. :mad:

Those monsters!

I can't really have goat milk since I got my gallbladder out. It's so fatty and delicious that it just fucks over my GI for the day. A lot of my favorite foods do that now, and regular milk sucks for drinking.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Flaccid Trip posted:

I can't really have goat milk since I got my gallbladder out. It's so fatty and delicious that it just fucks over my GI for the day. A lot of my favorite foods do that now, and regular milk sucks for drinking.

huh, I never knew that, what a surprise

Through The Decade
Mar 3, 2010

BANANA?!?!?

I bought Destiny 2 and almost immediately the motherboard (probably) in my PC broke so now it won't turn on. All it leaves me with is the new Gran Turismo which is TOO HARD and my Switch which I've already played a whole bunch and didn't want to buy more games for just yet. I've probably spent more on video games this year than any year in recent memory and I can't play half of them.

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Through The Decade posted:

I bought Destiny 2 and almost immediately the motherboard (probably) in my PC broke so now it won't turn on. All it leaves me with is the new Gran Turismo which is TOO HARD and my Switch which I've already played a whole bunch and didn't want to buy more games for just yet. I've probably spent more on video games this year than any year in recent memory and I can't play half of them.

You're in luck, Destiny 2 kinda blows

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

My wifi keeps crapping out at night and it pisses me off because all i want to do is watch youtube and play animal crossing in bed while I'm sick and maybe dying.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
More problems

1)I want to remodel my bedroom because the closet doors are this stupid design where, in order to access the closet, you have to slide one door over the other, so you have only half access to the closet (see pic at bottom). This is such a stupid design. Also, they are shittily made because the glass is starting to detach from the doorframe so I had to use duct tape to keep it on. These are also a crack hazard, which could hurt my cats. That happened in the the glass door in the hallway, but at that time I had money so I was able to get a replacement immediately.

I would love to replace the doors myself but can't because a) I'd have to buy new tracks to replace them from double track to a single one, and I suck at measuring so it would not align b) note in the pic at the bottom, there's this glass thing that goes OVER the doors I have no idea how to remove that without breaking it, and it's glass obviously so it would break easily. c) my apartment was built shittily so the opening for the closet doors isn't standard so I'd probably need custom order doors, which is expensive.

2) it sucks rear end when I'm having sex because me or my my sex partner can see us having sex and I am super shy and insecure so it sucks.

3) I really want to paint the room because I hate its' color. You can see it in the pic, it's like diarrhea color.I know how to paint walls very well but I'd have to:

4) move the furniture, patch holes (I am decent at this but not well, so it would look good). So I need to hire painters because there's a ton of big holes in the wall from removing furniture after my divorce--removing shelving units from walls etc. And also I wouldn't be able to sleep in my bed for a few days.

5) for the painting, I'd have to board the cats, which is expensive.

6) I can't afford it currently.

Pics:

See the rollers at the bottom, and how one door is intended to roll over above (one below) the other other

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Notice the duck tape. Btw, I know the door looks dirty,but it's a reflection from another mirror. My door is clean.

Also note how one of my cats ripped out the bottom baby proof out of the wall so I had to get a new one.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 11:36 on Dec 11, 2017

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Got a stiff neck this morning. Hopefully some Advil helps.

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene
My apartment managers (plural, because the management team has switched several times since we moved in a couple years ago) keep misplacing my renter's insurance. They then send me messages saying that I'll get in trouble if I don't provide proof that I indeed have insurance. WHICH I'VE GIVEN THEM AT LEAST 3 TIMES ALREADY. :argh:

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

After some Youtube research I finally found out how to make delicious Indian style curry and now I'm never ordering Indian takeout again because mine tastes so much better. The bitchy part is that it takes a long time to caramelize the onions and temper the spices otherwise it tastes like bland crap.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

My headphones have up the ghost. :sigh:

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
I bought a fancy new TV but overlooked the fact that it only has digital audio output.....which doesn't work so well with the amp I bought that only has RCA input jacks. So now I need to buy a DAC as well. >:[

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?
I want pizza for dinner but I'm with my parents and my mother is making spaghetti bolognese from scratch because she has mince to use up. It'll be healthier than ordering pizza, but I don't want it.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Roro posted:

I want pizza for dinner but I'm with my parents and my mother is making spaghetti bolognese from scratch because she has mince to use up. It'll be healthier than ordering pizza, but I don't want it.

Save some of the sauce, then next time you order a pizza heat up the sauce and spread it on top of the pizza.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I'm so sick of the two closest places to get food during my lunch break. I'm surprised it took me this long (one of the restaurants just updated their menu), but goddammit I really liked that food was literally a short walk away.

Butt Detective
Mar 24, 2013

Only the dead can know peace from these hats.
The next door neighbours have something that makes a weird noise and it's faint and doesn't bother me but I don't know what it is and I really wanna know. :( It's like a low humming sound that goes on for about 10 seconds, then a slightly louder hum with more vibration overlays it for like 3 seconds and then it all abruptly stops and there's silence for a brief period before it starts again. What is iiiiiiit

E: It's something that's on constantly from the sounds of things, I only really hear it at night because everything's so quiet otherwise

Butt Detective has a new favorite as of 22:50 on Dec 13, 2017

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Butt Detective posted:

The next door neighbours have something that makes a weird noise and it's faint and doesn't bother me but I don't know what it is and I really wanna know. :( It's like a low humming sound that goes on for about 10 seconds, then a slightly louder hum with more vibration overlays it for like 3 seconds and then it all abruptly stops and there's silence for a brief period before it starts again. What is iiiiiiit

Made me think of this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaC-IQ_UrbQ

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Butt Detective posted:

E: It's something that's on constantly from the sounds of things, I only really hear it at night because everything's so quiet otherwise

Sounds like my electric razor cleaning station thingy, it kicks on and off at a weird interval and scares the crap out of me sometimes

fake e:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1TksdzsHx0&t=109s

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

There isn't a single place around here to get a decent salad.

Butt Detective
Mar 24, 2013

Only the dead can know peace from these hats.

Dave Grool posted:

Sounds like my electric razor cleaning station thingy, it kicks on and off at a weird interval and scares the crap out of me sometimes

fake e:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1TksdzsHx0&t=109s

It doesn't sound as clear as that thankfully, that's an extremely unpleasant noise

We have fairly good soundproofing between the walls I guess, I only really hear the neighbours if they're raising their voice, so this humming sound is more... bass-y? It's one of those kinds of noises that I can still hear even if I have loud white noise playing from my phone, but it's not intrusive and easy to ignore. It was still going when I woke up this morning and I think it might still be doing it now, though it's harder to hear now that there's more general noise around.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I made soup for dinner. Enough for two meals in fact, since I wanted to have some left over for tomorrow evening.

It was too good. I ate it all.

Now I have to think about what to make for dinner tomorrow :(

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
More commercial complaints: I just saw the exact same lady, albeit with a different hair color, in two back-to-back commercials.

I also have one of the melodies memorized despite having painfully have to mute it every time there's an ad break. So, another FWP: there's no Mute button on my iPad--there is but it doesn't silence streaming tv when you're watching it. So I have to go out of my way and hold down the down volume button until it mutes. Ughhh

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 04:25 on Dec 15, 2017

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I didn't win anything from the office raffle. I wanted that Switch! :argh:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Lost the wine draw at work.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫
My cousin, who is currently actively having babies, keeps stealing the baby names I would potentially like to use in a couple of years when I start having kids.

Fake edit: Stealing is a strong word, since I haven't said anything to her and it would be weird to do so, but that's why it's a FWP.

Emily Spinach has a new favorite as of 21:39 on Dec 15, 2017

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
Yet another one: I'm watching the Menendez Murders thing on a&e and he and witnesses are saying things like, "my mom locked me in the closet for days; she always said us kids ruined her life; she could have been something if the kids had never existed; she never wanted kids" BAM cut to happy family dancing around a Lexus.

Like come on. You are Comcast. You can and DO tailor your ads when you want to. But then sometimes you want to be a piece of poo poo and ruin----oh it's Comcast why am I even surprised. They probably find it funny, sitting in their board room with the devil and Mr. Burns in his scary chair.

-marketing director: why yes, when people are bawling their eyes out about the death of a whole family and their loyal pets, let's cut to a commercial about happy families, puppies, ice cream, and Random Product within each shot! All with a voice over by a fake-super-fake-happy person!

-everyone in room: good idea!!!

:e: *brother describes graphic father-to-son rape acts, you, as audience, start to cry
IMMEDIATE CUT TO *super fake happy pop song about some steak at Applebee's

This has got to be a sick joke. I swear to god I'm going into marketing or whatever controls this poo poo

Btw please refer me to a thread more suited at marketing complaints cause I don't want to keep blasting my hatred if there is a better place

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 00:00 on Dec 16, 2017

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I clicked a random GBS report and it was a dude reported for posting untagged TLJ spoilers

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

^^^ Ouch

I have some online purchases that I'd like to make.
They are unrelated to Xmas.
I can wait until after the rush but I don't want to.

But I don't want to cause any more undue burden on the system.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Thin Privilege posted:

Btw please refer me to a thread more suited at marketing complaints cause I don't want to keep blasting my hatred if there is a better place

The "Ads You Hate" thread might be up your alley.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I spent a sort of once-every-other-year (I am not particularly well-off) amount of money on a bucket list purchase: two extremely large (46" x 34") prints I adore, and custom framing for them (which, even with a coupon, was pretty costly).

I went to hang them this evening, and they both came down off the wall, because the brackets weren't secured well enough to the body of the frame, so they were incapable of supporting its weight. Those brackets just ripped right outta there.

I called the framing store, and they were super nice and more than willing to make it right, but I still have to haul these unwieldy things back there, and this is about the fifth kick in the loving teeth I've had in forty-eight hours, so I'm a little demoralized.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
My friend's cat had to get an enema today and get lubed up cause he's got trouble pooping.

He is not a happy kitty.

The vet bill was 106, but honestly for an iv, poop removal, and enema/subsequent lubing, you really can't complain about the bill.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
the Friday the 13th game just released it's Virtual Cabin 2.0, which is basically a digital museum of Friday the 13th stuff including behind the scenes facts on the movies and the game. There's also a bunch of puzzles and secrets hidden all over the place, I've been real excited for it for months since I LOVE looking for secrets and poo poo!

Well they ran into some sort of issue releasing the update on Steam and Xbone, so only the PS4 got it. That's fine, I can wait a bit longer.

Well turns out some PS4 streamers managed to solve the virtual cabin and now everyone's dumping unmarked puzzle spoilers, and the huge surprise at the end. Months of anticipation for some jackass to hotdrop the big surprise at the very end completely unnanounced. Like yeah I'm still excited because it's an awesome surprise but boy howdy I sure woulda liked to have Been Surprised by it.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Danaru posted:

Well turns out some PS4 streamers managed to solve the virtual cabin and now everyone's dumping unmarked puzzle spoilers, and the huge surprise at the end. Months of anticipation for some jackass to hotdrop the big surprise at the very end completely unnanounced. Like yeah I'm still excited because it's an awesome surprise but boy howdy I sure woulda liked to have Been Surprised by it.

Never go on the internet.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I have both a covered front porch and a side breezeway on my house. My mail lady threw a present I ordered in my lawn, in the rain, and now it's ruined.

I wish Amazon would let you pick how items get shipped. Even just a 'literally anything except USPS' option. Shoot it to me on a trebuchet or whatever it will definitely get here faster and with less damage.

Saint Freak has a new favorite as of 14:42 on Dec 19, 2017

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Just managed to get tickets for Springsteen on Broadway, so now I gotta get expensive plane tickets and book hotel for NYC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Saint Freak posted:

I have both a covered front porch and a side breezeway on my house. My mail lady threw a present I ordered in my lawn, in the rain, and now it's ruined.

I wish Amazon would let you pick how items get shipped. Even just a 'literally anything except USPS' option. Shoot it to me on a trebuchet or whatever it will definitely get here faster and with less damage.

For a while we had a fantastic USPS carrier. She was cheerful, polite, and friendly, and actually put packages on the chair we have sitting by the door as intended if we weren't around. I think she retired some time around Christmas 2016; she was old enough. We had actually bought her a gift because she was so great, but she just never showed up again.
Since then, we've had an assortment of people who clearly don't enjoy their job, who just put stuff wherever on the front porch, regardless of weather or temperature. Oh, it's 20 degrees and sleet is on the schedule? Better put this on the absolute edge of the porch so even the tiniest breeze will make sure your package gets wet and frozen. At least they always put packages on the porch somewhere, never in the yard or in the bushes.

We have had UPS leave notes that no one was home to sign when, in fact, I work from home every single day and there was no knock at the door.

I hate that these couriers are given unmeetable goals which leaves them forging signatures and lying about people not being home. Nobody wins.