Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I liked mother quite a bit but I didn't love it. I kind of appreciated it more than i enjoyed it. I kinda wanted to leave midway through because I was so bored. Then I started to get it and i stared to engage with it more:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
Classic Outsiders is so good, you guys

I miss the crassness of every character getting a tm after their name

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Huh, Scary Movie 1, 2 and 3 have aged a lot better than I would have expected. The gay jokes are...not great... but a lot of the rest still works. It helps that a ton of the jokes are just super silly and that there is a ton of slapstick in there, that is kinda timeless.

Also, I will never not laugh at the stupid shotgun shovel from SM 3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOL5UF5WSX4

Edit: Also Kevin Hart and Anthony Anderson loving kill it in SM 3.

Popelmon fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Dec 10, 2017

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Scary Movie 3 is hilarious.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkJSq_m2rqc

TrixRabbi posted:

In 10 years there will be articles asking why this movie wasn't universally acknowledged as a masterpiece when it came out.

I just love how it spirals exponentially, starting with the annoying lady who won't leave her alone, which is like a scene from Curb Your Enthusiasm, and then not only does it escalate, but Lawrence is never allowed to be in the right. She's always the rear end in a top hat, which is such an incredible dynamic.

Magic Hate Ball fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Dec 10, 2017

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
To my great shame I've never seen any of the Rockies, which are now all on Prime fortunately. Which ones are actually worth watching?

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

married but discreet posted:

To my great shame I've never seen any of the Rockies, which are now all on Prime fortunately. Which ones are actually worth watching?

Start with Rocky I, then watch Rocky II, III, IV, V, Rocky Balboa, and Creed, in that order.

You can skip all the other ones.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS
I am all sorts of on edge and just feeling like poo poo in general and i hope watching Night of the Creeps makes me feel better.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
It’s really funny going from Rocky to Rocky II and seeing how the charming, low-key dynamics of the first film suddenly trip into self-parody.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

TrixRabbi posted:

In 10 years there will be articles asking why this movie wasn't universally acknowledged as a masterpiece when it came out.

Because the general public doesn't like stuff like this and they always hate it when it's new.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Meant to post earlier - the respiratory issues I've had for the last year or so turn out to be asthma after finally going to a doctor. :toot:

edit: Also got an eye infection

Egbert Souse fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Dec 10, 2017

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

Egbert Souse posted:

Meant to post earlier - the respiratory issues I've had for the last year or so turn out to be asthma after finally going to a doctor. :toot:

Hey asthma buddy :wave: .

Luckily my asthma was super bad when I was ~ 8-14, I don't have any real problems now. But I remember when I had my attacks in the middle of the classroom, scrambling for my inhaler while my classmates and teachers had these horrified looks on their faces.

Have fun!

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Movies I saw today, ranked:

3 Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri > The Disaster Artist > Ladybird

All of them were very very good, but also if you extended it to "Movies I saw in the last 24 hours, ranked," you add Spring Breakers to the beginning with about ten of those inequality signs. Spring Breakers is a goddamn classic.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
I also saw Three Billbords outside Ebbing, Missouri today. It was really good! A few notes though: what the hell kinda beer are Sam Rockwell and Mac's Mom drinking, that's not any Missouri beer I've ever seen; early on there are jokes about how people do things in Cuba, and I'm curious if Martin McDonagh knows there is a city in Missouri named Cub; same for Mexico.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Popelmon posted:

Hey asthma buddy :wave: .

Luckily my asthma was super bad when I was ~ 8-14, I don't have any real problems now. But I remember when I had my attacks in the middle of the classroom, scrambling for my inhaler while my classmates and teachers had these horrified looks on their faces.

Have fun!

I haven't really had any attacks, but I've felt short of breath and quick to get winded for no reason. The doctor gave me a nebulizer treatment and now I have an inhaler. Not really surprised since my apartment is next to a chain smoker's (the smell permeates my bathroom), I have two cats, my mother has it, and I have also psoriasis. Just feeling dumb not seeing a proper doctor earlier.

Movie chat: Just watched Day of the Fight and Flying Padre, as well as the "1952" cut of Othello as part of my Welles/Kubrick chronological re-watching. Welles' Othello is one of his most beautiful films and I honestly love it more with every viewing. It's a shame Welles didn't get to adapt more Shakespeare besides this, Macbeth, and Chimes at Midnight since I would have loved to have seen his take on

The two Kubrick shorts are alright. Nothing amazing, but they look like something experienced newsreel people would have made rather than the first efforts of someone.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Woody Harrelson and James Franco are my current picks for the Best Actor oscars this year so far, although I'm really hoping The Shape of Water has a top tier Michael Shannon performance to compete with Harrelson.

edit: also i don't think she deserves an Oscar for it but I have now seen Beanie Feldstein on stage and on screen and she is a delight every time. I hope that she gets beyond the typecasting that normally hamstrings young women who are not your typical shape and gets some really good comedy roles.

DC Murderverse fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Dec 10, 2017

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
We went to the movies, and we thought it would be fun, you know, to see The Shape of Water. Everybody says you gotta check it out. And... it's a woman loving a fish. We get there and we think it's gonna be awesome and... it is not as cool as it sounds like it's gonna be. It's kinda gross.

You think "A woman loving a fish" and you get there and... it's a woman loving a fish.

It was really giving it to her. And you know what? To be honest I just felt bad for her, we all just felt bad for her.

I kinda felt bad for the fish.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

- Seth Rogan

viral spiral
Sep 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Coffee And Pie posted:

We went to the movies, and we thought it would be fun, you know, to see The Shape of Water. Everybody says you gotta check it out. And... it's a woman loving a fish. We get there and we think it's gonna be awesome and... it is not as cool as it sounds like it's gonna be. It's kinda gross.

You think "A woman loving a fish" and you get there and... it's a woman loving a fish.

It was really giving it to her. And you know what? To be honest I just felt bad for her, we all just felt bad for her.

I kinda felt bad for the fish.

I heard she fucks the fishman...graphically...

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

if y'all are being serious can we please use spoiler tags when discussing whether or not the lady in Shape of Water takes a big scaly fish d please?

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
she takes that big scaly fish d right up her dank puss

right up there. scaly. big vagina. she can't talk but she can

fuuuuuuuuuuuck

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

DC Murderverse posted:

if y'all are being serious can we please use spoiler tags when discussing whether or not the lady in Shape of Water takes a big scaly fish d please?

How can you not guess she fucks the fishman from the trailer?

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
Post-credits scene, Russel Crowe as Doctor Jerkyll and Samuel L. Jackson as Dick Fury ask if Sally Hawkins and the fishman want to discover monsters, track them down, and then fuuuuuuck them

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
do you think the scales would get caught on her vaginal hair

edit ugh i grossed myself out

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Fish ain’t got no scales on their dicks man

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!

FishBulb posted:

Fish ain’t got no scales on their dicks man

An expert chimes in.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Why all the arthouse pretense when your movies about a girl loving a fish

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
You know what they say, sometimes you gently caress the fish, and sometimes the fish fucks you,

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I suspected that movie was about a woman loving a fish based off of the trailer. Good to know I wasn't off base. About that woman loving a fish.

viral spiral
Sep 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

DC Murderverse posted:

This guy wrote and directed a movie about a deaf woman loving a fish, which people are calling Oscar bait.

:barf:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
...okay?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

get the gently caress over it

viral spiral
Sep 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

You don't think this should give you pause in post-Weinstein Hollywood?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Does the fish finish on her or her eggs

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

viral spiral posted:

Oh no someone made a movie about someone having sex with a rubber fish monster, which is exactly like what Weinstine did.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I don't know why that post made me so angry but it did. It's so forced.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
There are literally folk tales and legends in every culture about loving mermaids, but oh no, can't have someone want to gently caress a merman

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

viral spiral posted:

I know you're probated but what the gently caress are you talking about? Is it any thing beyond that a goonie looking guy made a movie that has weird sex stuff? Movies with weird sex stuff are cool even if the maker has a beard.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

married but discreet posted:

All of them, really. Except 5 I guess, even though there's things in it I really like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

he's probably just mad that the fish is likely a better, more tender lover than he will ever be or experience.

• Locked thread