Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Huh, shark camo does work. Guess I have to go back and edit out all those hate-filled take down posts about seals I've made over the years.

edit:
I'm sure an ichthyologist can correct me here, but does it look like the shark was going for an exploratory bite, but just bumped him instead because of the silt/whatever?

Solice Kirsk has a new favorite as of 08:54 on Dec 10, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Solice Kirsk posted:

Huh, shark camo does work. Guess I have to go back and edit out all those hate-filled take down posts about seals I've made over the years.

edit:
I'm sure an ichthyologist can correct me here, but does it look like the shark was going for an exploratory bite, but just bumped him instead because of the silt/whatever?

I'd guess that the shark was probably completely unaware of the dude until they made physical contact. *boop* :3:

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

DontMockMySmock posted:

I'd guess that the shark was probably completely unaware of the dude until they made physical contact. *boop* :3:

Yes, that's what makes sharks apex predators, being completely unaware of things 20 feet in front of them.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Yes, that's what makes sharks apex predators, being completely unaware of things 20 feet in front of them.

The thing about being an apex predator is that you don't have to be constantly on alert. The shark looks like it might even have been sleeping. It's literally just swimming slowly in a straight line until it bumps the guy's head and jerks away. I'm pretty sure that an aware shark would have, y'know, not bumped into an obstacle.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

hanales posted:

He was a goon in the respect that he showed up in the star citizen thread to tell them that star citizen was good for a while. Then one day he just stopped posting. Come to find out that was when he was first arrested.

If he were a real goon he would have gotten the Buckley quote correct, instead of giving a mangled paraphrase

quote:

“I know that it was incredibly difficult for her. It’s hard for me, because, of course, I’m kind of in a terrible situation,” Weixelman said.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Sharks bump into poo poo all the time. Watch literally any and every shark doc ever made, bumpin' into poo poo all over the place. The camera, food bags, the crew, each other, etc etc.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I know sharks bump things on purpose the same way we poke things, but the way it approached and the opening of the mouth makes me think it may have maybe been going in for the shark version of "gumming" something.

Granted, I'm basing this all off a NOVA documentary I saw when I was like 7 or 8, but goddamn those NOVA docs were good.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
humans are the world's most apey apex predators to ever pex and this whole thread is about us bumping into poo poo

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Sharks bump into poo poo all the time. Watch literally any and every shark doc ever made, bumpin' into poo poo all over the place. The camera, food bags, the crew, each other, etc etc.

TIL sharks are just like toddlers or drunk adults.

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug
Good job that sharks are so smooth, eh? He might have been hurt.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Teach posted:

:hai:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Aaahahahahaha :finland:

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Depth 2 graphics looking good.

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Just thinking about what to do with all the money I don't have.
https://i.imgur.com/DsAVMog.gifv

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Teach posted:

Smoothest thing in nature.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

OK so if you try to cut a shark with a sword made of diamond, will it just glide off because while diamond is the sharpest metal known to man, sharks are the smoothest leather known to man and they might be so smooth they can't be cut.

I think about this a lot also what do you think Yoshi's eggs smell like haha.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

Powaqoatse posted:

lotta classic sports schaden in the walk of life video, i never realized

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd9TlGDZGkI

These days it's just a video full of CTE :(

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

doverhog posted:

The race was lost when the DNC rammed and scammed their candidate through , rather than blessed Bernie the people actually wanted.

Shhh, we're supposed to ignore the fact the DNC did everything possible to make sure they lost this election.

Andnook
Mar 10, 2005
https://i.imgur.com/7Nlg9Qk.gifv

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

GWBBQ posted:

Also, 89% of people who voted for Trump would still vote for him if there was incontrovertible proof that collusion with Russia got him elected.

When there are people who are happy to skip directly from "Roy Moore is not a paedophile" to "Is it really that bad if Roy Moore is a paedophile?" the schadenfreude is on everyone else.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Mazerunner posted:

humans are the world's most apey apex predators to ever pex and this whole thread is about us bumping into poo poo

excellent smooth way of putting it

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

evobatman posted:

These days it's just a video full of CTE :(

well there's only a few football tackles in there and theyre more backbreaking than head busting

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

See, you use it to polish. You wouldn't polish with something that would scratch the poo poo out of your car, you want something super soft and smooth.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Randaconda posted:

Shhh, we're supposed to ignore the fact the DNC did everything possible to make sure they lost this election.

It's impolite to bring up the fact the DNC is owned by rich people and they actually prefer losing elections to letting actual leftists reach political power.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

DiggityDoink posted:

See, you use it to polish. You wouldn't polish with something that would scratch the poo poo out of your car, you want something super soft and smooth.

No, you're not getting it. It's not saying that it's as smooth as a shark, it's saying it'll make whatever you're polishing as smooth as a shark.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

doverhog posted:

It's impolite to bring up the fact the DNC is owned by rich people and they actually prefer losing elections to letting actual leftists reach political power.

It sure feels like the Overton window is "Shoot poor people on site" to "Let poor people starve but feel really bad about it".

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Samizdata posted:

Never heard of Gumroad and I didn't think d.rip was in production now. Cheers for the heads up!

Right now d.rip is invite only to start one.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo
https://my.mixtape.moe/txfmsk.mp4

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Guys the funny picture thread is over there.

https://i.imgur.com/lfmU3am.mp4

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

You know, life is good.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

DiggityDoink posted:

I thought it meant it would polish your car to a shark-like mirror finish.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

The most terrifying "head's up" I've ever seen :stare:

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

BOOTY-ADE posted:

The most terrifying "head's up" I've ever seen :stare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyfK1tea3zo&t=25s

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
"Heads up!" freude, eh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w17-G-uRRIg

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeS_Y8q9kcY

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I hope her husband divorced her after this episode aired.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Solice Kirsk posted:

You of all people should be promoting a diversified child portfolio. If you're going to bother reorienting your life for children you should probably have two, maybe even three, because what if one dies, or worse, sucks? You have to have another child to point to in order to show that your children sometimes live and aren't all murderers. Men always want risky investments :rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Solice Kirsk posted:

He was going to but the alimony and child support payments would barely leave him with anything so he decided to stay in to be abusive until he finally snapped and off himself/her/the child. Mental health care in the USA is the schadenfreude!