Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Thats like 200 hp at max level... this nerf is going to make Off Tank Mid Morgana way less viable, unfortunately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Will never stop being funny

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

d0grent posted:

jesus, wasn't her original passive already 20% spell vamp? So now her passive is just worse than it was before?

It's not subject to the AoE or DoT penalties anymore since it's not spell vamp anymore

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
She is still going to do the same damage with nearly no cooldown, so this does not change a lot about her offense and waveclear. Being that much more fragile will hurt her for sure though.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Why play this game when you can play that moba where you're batman/jokee?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Tired Moritz posted:

Because Lux isn't in it.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Tired Moritz posted:

Because that MOBA is dead as gently caress.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Dota doesnt have a jokee hero

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
This game already has Batman (Garen) Joker (Shaco) and Harley Quinn (Jinx) and also isn't Domination-only

thank you blessed riot game

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Who do you think I am that I'd want to play as batman more than my favorite class of league heroes, fat guys who run at you

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Tired Moritz posted:

That game didn't even last 6 months before shutting down.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Killed By Death posted:

That game didn't even last 6 months before shutting down.

I mean technically it was around for two or three years in testing, but yeah, dead pretty much immediately.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
The best thing about that dc game was when they payed a bunch of league streamers to play it on stream and they all pretended to enjoy it, which is common enough now, but was kind of new back then

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
idk what games you guys are talking about but I was referring to kings of glory/arena of valor whose ads keep popping up when I watch youtube vids on my phone

Orv
May 4, 2011

Tired Moritz posted:

idk what games you guys are talking about but I was referring to kings of glory/arena of valor whose ads keep popping up when I watch youtube vids on my phone

Uh, we should talk about what you think Batman is.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Teikanmi posted:

This game already has Batman (Garen) Joker (Shaco) and Harley Quinn (Jinx) and also isn't Domination-only

thank you blessed riot game

whos the penguin. debonair ezreal..?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Sexpansion posted:

The best thing about that dc game was when they payed a bunch of league streamers to play it on stream and they all pretended to enjoy it, which is common enough now, but was kind of new back then

They had a pro tournament at mlg at a time when they had 15 heroes and 3 of them were batman

Amperor
Oct 27, 2010

pog boyfriend posted:

the penguin is debonair tahm kench

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

why did you edit my post to make me say something instead of just saying it

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

That glimmer of hope you see? That's me

https://imgur.com/OrlYezj

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I'm expecting Zoe nerfs very soon.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

I'm expecting Zoe nerfs very soon.
Removing the CDR from her E is probably the best place to start. There's no reason to give you more rewards for hitting (or trigger) what is already likely the single strongest CC in the game by virtue of it's range, flexibility, and bonus damage effect.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Mikujin posted:

Removing the CDR from her E is probably the best place to start. There's no reason to give you more rewards for hitting (or trigger) what is already likely the single strongest CC in the game by virtue of it's range, flexibility, and bonus damage effect.

its only powerful if you're 1v1 though, if your allies are around there's around a 100% chance of them breaking the sleep with an auto.

yeah remove the cdr from that and then re-assess. or just make the cdr less powerful

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

http://plays.tv/video/5a2ec9b04680537591/lmao

Clownshoes League remains fun as hell.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Rygar201 posted:

That glimmer of hope you see? That's me

https://imgur.com/OrlYezj

runes pls

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Aftershock
Font of Life
Matchup Dependent
Revitalize

Manaflow Band
Celerity

Busy at work, so I can't type up more but feel from to PM me

Green or Blue Cinderhulk, Mobis and it opens up pretty widely here. Iceborn Gauntlet is great all around, and if I am doing well (1-2 early kills) I get Tear and go for Muramana. Spirit Visage is my preferred MR item for obvious reasons

Supp items like Righteous Glory and Locket are probably more useful but I have been having more success with a fightier build

Rygar201 fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Dec 11, 2017

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
hmmmm
https://nexus.leagueoflegends.com/en-us/2017/12/dev-clash/

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

This sounds... neat and interesting?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Yeah this actually looks like it has the potential to Own Super Hard

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
no one is going to play that poo poo

edit well teams will just ban everyone's best champion and then no one will wanna play some random poo poo that they don't know how to play at all and it'll be a weeklong shitshow before becoming another empty queue

Teikanmi fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Dec 11, 2017

have you seen my baby
Nov 22, 2009

Yeah it sounds kind of interesting but having an, "all your best champs will be banned" feature really turns me off of wanting to play it

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Guess you scrubs need to get good *other catchphrase* :smug:

I'll give it a shot, sounds like it could be neat to try a few times. They may not always ban your best hero if someone else in your pool is solid with a couple top picks

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

have you seen my baby posted:

Yeah it sounds kind of interesting but having an, "all your best champs will be banned" feature really turns me off of wanting to play it

Eh, speaking as someone kinda famed for being a mono-champion player, it's not that bad. It's annoying yes but if actually gives leeway for you to pull stuff they might not be expecting if they've been watching your games. Sometimes you can counter their counter with champions that are just variations of the archetype with which you're comfortable and it feels pretty great.

Edit: Also if the teams don't know you beforehand which will probably be the case with a lot of these tournaments, you can probably trick a bunch of them by just practicing with an alternate hero and filling your last played games with it.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Dec 11, 2017

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

Teikanmi posted:

no one is going to play that poo poo

edit well teams will just ban everyone's best champion and then no one will wanna play some random poo poo that they don't know how to play at all and it'll be a weeklong shitshow before becoming another empty queue

I mean you might be right, for sure, but there's only five bans and lots of players have at least two things they can play.

In my (relatively limited) experience with tourneys teams usually do ban around a strat or OPs to some extent rather than just strictly banning one champ from each player. Tbh I don't think just banning each player's best champ would even be the best banning strategy, it's probably better to pick a mix of champs the other team is good at that make sense as a coherent banning strategy.

Idk, this has been the way all other community tourneys have gone and they're still fun af, this one could definitely still have potential! If anything I think it'll be the length of the commitment regardless of bam info that'll be an issue.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

its only powerful if you're 1v1 though, if your allies are around there's around a 100% chance of them breaking the sleep with an auto.

yeah remove the cdr from that and then re-assess. or just make the cdr less powerful

The bonus damage portion, sure. But given her play patterns typically revolve less around "do cool stuff" and more around "fish for a hit with sleep from places no on sees you" she just needs to be hamped in that area in particular.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Those team logos are pretty good and I look forward to being able to buy merch with that poo poo all over it.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

This is the worst thing I've ever seen in the missions tab.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
That ban is gonna feel real good

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Allow me to tell you a story about resentment and the Zoe mission

I get into an Intermediate bot game with me (Zoe), an AP thresh mid, and 3 bots. How do I know they're bots?:

So we get poo poo stomped because the 2 of us can't cover 3 lanes and the bots are just AFK in our jungle and feeding. Dude rages the gently caress out and calls me shitand a friend of the family and human being and whatnot and I'm like "chill bro it's a bot game" and report him and move on. At least I got 8 unique spells that game.

I queue up for an Intro bot game to finish the last of the Zoe missions and lo and behold, same guy. He poo poo talks me from the start and instalocks Zoe, hellbent on finishing that mission. Since it's Intro bots, I know we can't lose, and I don't wanna int because we'd still win and I'd just get banned, so I lock in Thresh, go full AD and max Flay, last hitting every possible Zoe spell balloon minion so that he can't get 8 unique spells during the course of the game. Guy is losing his loving mind because I just follow him around and last hit his balloon minions before he can kill them with Zoe's E+Q. We win, I finish the Zoe mission, get my 1000XP off that game, and his parting words:

I keep adding him to my friends list and sending him vidoes on YouTube for fart fetishes. I don't know why he keeps accepting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Teikanmi posted:

I keep adding him to my friends list and sending him vidoes on YouTube for fart fetishes. I don't know why he keeps accepting.

New title found