Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I mean, that is a commonish stereotype. Wrong, but it exists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
There’s a lot that’s weird about that map to me. Are Finns known for doing a lot of yoga? I thought the stereotype was that they’re all racecar drivers.

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

When I think of India, Indonesia, and South Africa, I too think of bland seas of uniform, undifferentiated white people.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Most of the Finns I know are hot blonde Jiu-Jitsu ladies, and that's pretty much what I want in a woman, so cool beans.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Yeah when I think of Finns I think of reticent racing drivers who drink too much vodka and are basically hard as nails

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
Last night my Filipino friend got drunk with my wife's coworkers and shouted, "Taiwan number one!" at them. Except half of the coworkers were mainland Chinese and got super loving angry about it. I laughed pretty hard.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Atlas Hugged posted:

Last night my Filipino friend got drunk with my wife's coworkers and shouted, "Taiwan number one!" at them. Except half of the coworkers were mainland Chinese and got super loving angry about it. I laughed pretty hard.

i lol'd

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

Atlas Hugged posted:

Are there even that many Mainlanders working in Taiwan?

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
This is Bangkok. My wife works for the Chinese language department of an international school so it's a 50/50 mix of Taiwanese and mainland.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Atlas Hugged posted:

Dude's doing God's work.

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Atlas Hugged posted:

why did they get angry? taiwan is part of china

do they understand the concept of trolling?

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

fish and chips and dip posted:

In other news, some dumbshit clickbait website made a map of stereotypes, and what do you know, China is full of geniuses!

Not gonna link to it, as don't want to give them more clicks.

They stuck the people known for casually calling people cunts next to the people known for being extra polite

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Dec 10, 2017

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

Ups_rail posted:

why did they get angry? taiwan is part of china

do they understand the concept of trolling?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

underage at the vape shop posted:

They stuck the people known for casually calling people cunts next to the people known for being extra polite

when a canadian apologizes to you, they are secretly not apologizing to you

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
The gently caress is "balancia" anyway?

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

I'm more interested in why some corporate drones get faces and some don't

Myriarch
May 14, 2013

Bajaj posted:

The percentage of Steam client users by language. I'm so glad I don't play online games.

It's not really online games in general, but rather one game in particular, PUBG (player unknown battlegrounds), which is responsible for the meteoric rise of Chinese steam accounts, and is now apparently bigger than the next top 10 games by active users (3.2m vs 2.0 m). COD, Counter strike, GTA are all still mercifully free of chinese. This is also why Korean is the only other language to not have declined.

A big part of why was that it was possible for gold farmers to make money off of PUBG. Buy a copy, use a hack to win a round, use the gold to buy a crate, sell said crate to launder yuan into valuable Australian or Canadian dollars. Of course when you get banned you have to then make a new account also.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Gorilla Salad posted:

The gently caress is "balancia" anyway?

australia: yogaland

Imperialist Dog
Oct 21, 2008

"I think you could better spend your time on finishing your editing before the deadline today."
\
:backtowork:
https://twitter.com/SCMP_News/status/939829553085677569

I dunno, if they're all going to get washed in the end ...

Imperialist Dog
Oct 21, 2008

"I think you could better spend your time on finishing your editing before the deadline today."
\
:backtowork:
https://twitter.com/SCMP_News/status/939815737354608640

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Imperialist Dog posted:

I dunno, if they're all going to get washed in the end ...
They were going to get washed in the mop bucket anyway.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

*Baiju man appears out of thin air*

Saves the day

Hey, that would make a really nice tv series

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

This isn't trolling though, they 100% believe that this was an actual oversight, and they are correcting it. In their minds they are doing God's Xi's work.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Blistex posted:

This isn't trolling though, they 100% believe that this was an actual oversight, and they are correcting it. In their minds they are doing God's Xi's work.

so sloppy that they still refer to the 'presidential' election

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Jeoh posted:

so sloppy that they still refer to the 'presidential' election

You have to forgive them for that, they are products of Chinese Education.

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boUN9B30cOA

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uenc0msoxYY

big time bisexual
Oct 16, 2002

Cool Party
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/UntriedEmotionalBluefintuna-mobile.mp4

CIGNX
May 7, 2006

You can trust me

So, what exactly is going on here? Why was that truck tailgating like that? And what did the driver and cop talk about?

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer
The driver didn't know why the truck was tail gating him. The traffic cop saw and pulled everyone aside and wanted to ticket the truck driver for reckless driving. The conversation was mainly asking if there was any reason for tail gating (i don't know), are you willing to testify in court (yes), and if there was a rear view cam to record footage (yes).

Hong Kong just mostly works :smugdog:

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
At first I thought we where watching everyone overtake on the wrong side with the camera hogging the fast lane. Because who other than us backward colonials drives on the left? Then I saw the lanes going the other way, and how orderly the traffic was behaving, and kinda gave up figuring out how this could possibly be china.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Why are there so many videos of chinese people seemingly purposefully throwing them selves down the plethora of open pits and shafts that exist in the celestial empire? Sure there's tons of videos of people very much accidentally falling down some sort of pit because of extremely unsafe conditions, but almost every single video I've ever seen of someone seemingly purposefully driving or throwing them selves into a pit has come from china.

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

Despite all of these shortcomings, the Sten still has a long track record of shooting people right in the face.
College Slice
3 generations at once

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

good

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
also lmao @ the doting father doing the kids hood up and sleeves over his hands. before blindly scooting into the pit

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Baronjutter posted:

Why are there so many videos of chinese people seemingly purposefully throwing them selves down the plethora of open pits and shafts that exist in the celestial empire? Sure there's tons of videos of people very much accidentally falling down some sort of pit because of extremely unsafe conditions, but almost every single video I've ever seen of someone seemingly purposefully driving or throwing them selves into a pit has come from china.

My fav video is that video of the guy having the meltdown and kicking the elevator door with predictable results.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

etalian posted:

My fav video is that video of the guy having the meltdown and kicking the elevator door with predictable results.

This one's a classic too. They hit 3 cars then drive into the pit. Why???

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

there is no why

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Baronjutter posted:

Rarely is the eventual accident so obvious for so long in one of these lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

fish and chips and dip posted:

In other news, some dumbshit clickbait website made a map of stereotypes, and what do you know, China is full of geniuses!

Not gonna link to it, as don't want to give them more clicks.

how is Canada not smugville? just HOW?!

literally shaking

• Locked thread