Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Diqnol posted:

I’m looking forward to the Rams game. Should be a more legit game.

We are gonna lose by 20.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Diqnol posted:

Agreed, it will be a more legit rear end-kicking of the Eagles :getin:

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007
Eagles will be fine so long as they don’t get as conservative in future games. The combination of that plus Wilson’s mobility did a lot there, as did the hawks finally managing to score on an opening drive. They will kill the giants.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
After getting to stew about in the miserable west coast after being thoroughly embarrassed by poo poo nfc west team, eagles will get slamfucked by the rams this weekend and absolutely fall apart the remainder of the schedule. Culminating in a blowout loss to the cowboys to lose the division title.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000887617/Can-t-Miss-Play-Wentz-throws-51-yard-dart-with-defender-draped-on-him

Just sayin' that this play gives me hope for the Eagles.

also are we really bitching this much about being 10-2? Teams have bad games, we watched the Pats get shitpiled by Kareem Hunt and Alex Smith

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Or Washington beating the Uh Raiders? In a way that everyone stop and go wtf. NFL is weird

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Yeah, the Eagles are fine. The game was frustrating as gently caress though. Fumbling through the endzone when you're a foot away from potentially tying it, to being down 14 just a few minutes later. That was also one of the best games I've seen Russell Wilson play.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Eagles will make the playoffs, how far into the playoffs has yet to be seen

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

Eagles will make the playoffs, how far into the playoffs has yet to be seen

The NFC is lead by a pack of 5 teams who are all a toss-up head to head.

Most likely none of them will clinch home field or byes early, so the last game of the season vs. the Cowboys probably won't be a throwaway.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Diqnol posted:

Agreed. The Rams are more of a top-down team and there is rarely any crazy bullshit going on. Mostly a grind up and down the field with a few big plays and very few penalties. I think in that game we will see whether Wentz is worth his salt and whether that defense can slow down a top-ranked offense.

The Eagles are still good but I think they will take at least one more loss before the playoffs. Rams being the most likely but the Raiders and Cowboys could also pull it off.

Postseason? To be honest, I don't think they can do it against the best teams in the NFC. But I'd love to be surprised.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Any early forecasts on who's going to be running the Giants?

Theoretically they could gently caress the Eagles by giving both Reich and DeFilippo promotions, which probably wouldn't be a bad idea if they are drafting a QB.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000887617/Can-t-Miss-Play-Wentz-throws-51-yard-dart-with-defender-draped-on-him

Just sayin' that this play gives me hope for the Eagles.

also are we really bitching this much about being 10-2? Teams have bad games, we watched the Pats get shitpiled by Kareem Hunt and Alex Smith

10-2 is good

Vikings probably finishing 14-2 is really loving bad

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
I'm depressed. I feel like I was walking down the sidewalk in brand new sneakers and just stepped right into a big old stinky pile of McAdoo. I want some home playoffs games drat it.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
The Hawks game is not an indicator of who this team is. Every good team loses occasionally. Its what they do after a bad loss is how you measure them. All other contenders in the NFC have lost games recently then came back to win big. I'd rather get our "back to earth" loss now than in the divisional round.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
The Rams game will tell us a lot about who this Eagles team is (I think they're gonna win because they're champions and bouncing back is what champions do).

They will probably lose their last, irrelevant game to the Cowboys because the Cowboys will have nothing to lose and the Eagles will be trying not to get hurt.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

WENTZ WAGON NUI posted:

The Rams game will tell us a lot about who this Eagles team is (I think they're gonna win because they're champions and bouncing back is what champions do).

They will probably lose their last, irrelevant game to the Cowboys because the Cowboys will have nothing to lose and the Eagles will be trying not to get hurt.

It really depends what seed they are fighting for. If they don't see any value in a first and they already are guaranteed at least 2nd then sure they will rest.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I get there's a historical reason as to why you Eagles fans are all down in the dumps,

but :lol: y'all need to get a goddamn grip.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I think it also stands to reason that Philly is a good young team playing the easiest schedule in the league. Even if they lose out, they'd end up overperforming against what most projected.

I think the Rams game is probably a lot more interesting since both teams are inexperienced. The Rams offense doesn't match up as favorably as Seattle against the Philly D, but I could still see them causing a lot of problems with quick passes.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

a new study bible! posted:

I think it also stands to reason that Philly is a good young team playing the easiest schedule in the league. Even if they lose out, they'd end up overperforming against what most projected.

I think the Rams game is probably a lot more interesting since both teams are inexperienced. The Rams offense doesn't match up as favorably as Seattle against the Philly D, but I could still see them causing a lot of problems with quick passes.

The Eagles are a solid tackling team so they could potentially do a "bend but don't break" thing this week where they clamp in the red zone but allow yardage

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
I'm nervous as gently caress for Sunday.

If we win, thanks to the Saints loss, we are all but guaranteed to get a bye (we'd just need to win at least 1 of @NYG, OAK, DAL)

However if we lose, we are probably going to end up the 3 seed and going back to LA or Minnesota frightens me. :ohdear:

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Eagles beat the Rams, then we have a 98% chance of a first round bye.

They lose, it drops to 42%.

Let’s do this.

Btw, Rams have been practicing with noise this week as the expectation is that it’ll be like an Eagles home games in LA with the Eagles fans outnumbering the Rams fans in their own stadium.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

89 posted:

Eagles beat the Rams, then we have a 98% chance of a first round bye.

They lose, it drops to 42%.

Let’s do this.

Btw, Rams have been practicing with noise this week as the expectation is that it’ll be like an Eagles home games in LA with the Eagles fans outnumbering the Rams fans in their own stadium.

We also punch our ticket to the division title with a win. Theoretically the Cowboys could lose to a Giants team free of McAdoo at 1 PM and give it to us but I don't want to win the division that way.

So loving nervous (because I'm pretty sure we are gonna lose)

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Goff has less of a chance of being gifted a bunch of PI and holding calls because he isn't Russell Wilson. Take away the end zone fumble and that 1st quarter PI gift, and the Seattle game is a tossup.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Goff has less of a chance of being gifted a bunch of PI and holding calls because he isn't Russell Wilson. Take away the end zone fumble and that 1st quarter PI gift, and the Seattle game is a tossup.

Take away the forward lateral too and then we're the ones that win by 14.

It was a remarkably close game for 24-10. I've gotten way less worried as the week has gone on

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Whether or not Gurley goes off remains to be seen, but Philly is statistically better than Minnesota against the run, and they held Gurley to 37 yards. If Philly can make LA one dimensional, I think they have a fair shot of winning.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Whether or not Gurley goes off remains to be seen, but Philly is statistically better than Minnesota against the run, and they held Gurley to 37 yards. If Philly can make LA one dimensional, I think they have a fair shot of winning.

I have Eagles PTSD and have 0 faith in us in any kind of high stakes contest.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

the eagles are done for. what a shame

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

axeil posted:

If you ever had any hope of a Superbowl then lol. It's Philly.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

8/10, could’ve stuck the landing a little better imo

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Jimmy Graham got a holding call for tripping over his own leg.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

So apparently Ertz is back in concussion protocol.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Did something happen in practice? Ugh that sucks.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

axeil posted:

Lol

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Yodzilla posted:

Did something happen in practice? Ugh that sucks.
I'm trying to look a bit further into it, but so far it sounds like the report yesterday that he cleared protocol was erroneous.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

This is me irl, i have looked into the nfl palantir:

our loss to the seahawks was like sending faramir to osgiliath
:goonsay:

axeil fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Dec 8, 2017

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
What kind of loving name is Goff anyway? Did his great great great grandfather arrive at Ellis Island with a cleft palette?

El Patron
Jul 9, 2011

Philly Philly
Looking forward to this one, I don't think Goff will be able to evade the pressure like Wilson, christ nobody is as good as Wilson at evading it, even Newton was more manageable.

El Patron
Jul 9, 2011

Philly Philly
https://twitter.com/Eagles/status/939849688823554048

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

I really enjoy the art on these.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Glad they didn’t put the little eagles logo on this one. It’s much cleaner when the entire image is in the same style.

• Locked thread