Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I also remember a story from back in the P&R days where apparently he was at the front desk of a pool, soaking wet in just swim shorts as he’d lost his locker key. Allegedly this was not the first time this had happened. I think it was from one of those ‘celebrities who aren’t dicks’ threads here before it turned out everyone is the worst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

You know, every time you say how much you love Chris Pratt, you increase the percentage that he's the next one to have horrifying allegations come out against him.

We already know he showed a coworker his dick.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Josh Lyman posted:

Rip Top Gear

Top Gear is good again, and the first episode of The Grand Tour season 2 was pretty ok and seems like they might have learned from the garbage fire that was season 1.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Lurdiak posted:

You know, every time you say how much you love Chris Pratt, you increase the percentage that he's the next one to have horrifying allegations come out against him.

Is it the episode where he shows up naked at Ann's house? He showed a lot more pee his dick if that's the case

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I gave Van Helsing a go during a severe bout of insomnia, and it's really not very good.

And even for a Syfy show, the whole her blood/bites reverse vampirism angle and heals almost instantaneously is really pretty dumb and character growth/connections don't really seem to land.

Bravo for making the Deaf guy a master lip reader as usual. Though I give it some props that they try having appropriate ASL, even if the actors bungle some of it.

Like, does it improve at all? Or does it stay this 'mehhhhhh' the whole time?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Rocksicles posted:

Have you seen the card trick Chris Pratt does that makes Jenifer Lawrence's panties disappear? Thats peak Chris Pratt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fy3Mi8rOB3U

son of a bitch

what a magnificent bastard

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Lurdiak posted:

We also know he's pro-gun ownership, pro-NRA and pro-big game hunting.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

LadyPictureShow posted:

I gave Van Helsing a go during a severe bout of insomnia, and it's really not very good.

And even for a Syfy show, the whole her blood/bites reverse vampirism angle and heals almost instantaneously is really pretty dumb and character growth/connections don't really seem to land.

Bravo for making the Deaf guy a master lip reader as usual. Though I give it some props that they try having appropriate ASL, even if the actors bungle some of it.

To borrow an argument from the Punisher thread: it's a slow burn. The bad kind of slow burn, where it takes half a season to get anywhere interesting and even then whole episodes to do anything interesting with it. The second season opener just seems like more of the same.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Calaveron posted:

Is it the episode where he shows up naked at Ann's house? He showed a lot more pee his dick if that's the case

You know that’s fake right? Actors wear flesh-colored modesty garments and they blur them out in post

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

theflyingexecutive posted:

You know that’s fake right? Actors wear flesh-colored modesty garments and they blur them out in post

You didn't hear the story. It was his actual dick and her response was legit.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Yeah like they couldn't get them to show believable shock and Chris Pratt decided to hang dong

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
He tells the story a few places, Graham Norton is probably best because they don't have to censor it and he can just tell the story.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I forgot Louis CK was in the show too so then more than one person definitely showed their dick to somebody in that show

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I believe the Louis CK stuff happened over 10 years ago. He's basically been decent since then but obviously he's paying the price now. I don't think anything happened lately.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Aziz Anzari is a funny guy but Tom is the worst human being alive and whatever nice heartfelt moments he has per season doesn't make up for the fact he's human garbage

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
without tom there's no jean-ralphio though

gently caress it, it is way too fuckin cold outside, i'm gonna get blazed and rewatch a bunch of parks and rec. too bad i have no hot chocolate.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

precision posted:

without tom there's no jean-ralphio though

gently caress it, it is way too fuckin cold outside, i'm gonna get blazed and rewatch a bunch of parks and rec. too bad i have no hot chocolate.

Smoke one for me tia, I am stuck at work for another two hours and it suckkkssssss

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Andy > Tom > Jean Ralphio > Dennis Feinstein

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Calaveron posted:

Aziz Anzari is a funny guy but Tom is the worst human being alive and whatever nice heartfelt moments he has per season doesn't make up for the fact he's human garbage

do you actually like television

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

He's right. Tom was the worst.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FA8-uRy5MAY

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Escobarbarian posted:

do you actually like television

2018 thread title imho

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Ewww John McCain cameo grosssss

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Not to mention wife killer Patton Oswalt

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

He's right. Tom was the worst.

That scene where he talks about the dumb names he has for everything is so loving irritating. It could be funny if everything about his character didn't rub me the wrong way.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

tom is good you loving animals

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Ugly In The Morning posted:

That scene where he talks about the dumb names he has for everything is so loving irritating. It could be funny if everything about his character didn't rub me the wrong way.

ummm this scene is great and hilarious

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Tom is unbearable if you watch more than like three episodes at a time.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Watching Star Trek Discovery to see how it compares to The Orville and man is this show such a tedious drag. I'm three episodes in and I think I count the moments any character has smiled or had any mood other than contempt/annoyance on one hand

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Arist posted:

tom is good you loving animals

Making him and Ann date was the nadir of that show

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
that one is true

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I will say something nice about the show
Leslie and Ben’s relationship really is sweet and well done

Tom is a gigantic rear end in a top hat who should spend his life in debtor’s prison

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Tom took all his Venezuela money and donated it to the Pit fund.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

LadyPictureShow posted:

It gets pretty great, I think -- there's steady improvement once the characters get out of the hospital. Plus I like the characters a lot and think the show has some great performances. The casting's pretty good, particularly given that the show has saved on a decent amount of budget by casting unknowns in a lot of roles.

Also, Sam, the deaf character probably can't read lips. I think. He's definitely lying about it during the sequence at the hospital, and I can't remember him doing it any other time.

Open Source Idiom fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Dec 11, 2017

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

X-O posted:

Wings is still in heavy rerun rotation around the country. So it definitely lives on.

Really? Because when I think Wings, I think "show that used to air reruns on USA all the time like 15-20 years ago, back before they moved to a strict regimen of SVU and NCIS."

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I am convinced that Chris Pratt has no idea what acting is or how it works. He just shows up to places and either (1) reads the provided script or (2) answers the questions as best he can. Either way it comes out awesome.

withak fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Dec 11, 2017

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Open Source Idiom posted:

It gets pretty great, I think -- there's steady improvement once the characters get out of the hospital. Plus I like the characters a lot and think the show has some great performances. The casting's pretty good, particularly given that the show has saved on a decent amount of budget by casting unknowns in a lot of roles.

Also, Sam, the deaf character probably can't read lips. I think. He's definitely lying about it during the sequence at the hospital, and I can't remember him doing it any other time.

Oh I meant lip-reading as in like, he seems to be able to in general like when characters are talking in a group or to him (and Mohamed isn't there to interpret for him). I meant it like how Nick in The Stand could lip read fine.

E: they're still in the hospital at this point, so I may try a few more eps

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Calaveron posted:

Making him and Ann date was the nadir of that show

I think if you look at Ann's overall arc, it actually makes sense. Ann was such a trainwreck in the dating world, and Tom was her rock bottom.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
The pilot episode of that upcoming J.K. Simmons show, Counterpart, about the alternate universe full of evil doubles, is available OnDemand on Starz, now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Vegetable posted:

Not to mention wife killer Patton Oswalt

Okay. I'll bite... go on.

• Locked thread