Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

2Jets
Apr 25, 2010

You're gonna get no tip
It's really hard to get 0 wn8. I think if you do nothing you still get 250 just for being on the winning team.

Also I just want to let you know everyone's playing so badly I can't lose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Atomizer posted:

I'd also be curious to see what the difference in stats would be if you didn't quite intentionally statbad (i.e. by blocking allies shots or bumping them, etc.) but rather moved around just enough, and sprayed fire just frequently enough without doing anything to help. Think just locking cruise control while pointing at the enemy team, maybe plinking a few shots at something you know you can't pen, all to play intentionally worthlessly but make it just obvious enough that it's an actual player and not a bot. :shrug:
I have made an account for comedy stat badding.

Platooning will certainly help drag teams down as I suspect will having an arty in the mix. If you see me in game on Kill_Me_For_Gold or Herr Cartoon we can make arrangements for improving our play.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

2Jets posted:

It's really hard to get 0 wn8. I think if you do nothing you still get 250 just for being on the winning team.

Also I just want to let you know everyone's playing so badly I can't lose.

That's why you've gotta get your team to lose to reduce your XP income! :eng101:

Also no kidding about the teams; we're at 76% for the day! :stare:

Cartoon posted:

I have made an account for comedy stat badding.

Platooning will certainly help drag teams down as I suspect will having an arty in the mix. If you see me in game on Kill_Me_For_Gold or Herr Cartoon we can make arrangements for improving our play.

It's definitely a longer-term thing but I'm genuinely interested in it, it sounds like fun.

HFX
Nov 29, 2004

Atomizer posted:

That's why you've gotta get your team to lose to reduce your XP income! :eng101:

Also no kidding about the teams; we're at 76% for the day! :stare:

It's definitely a longer-term thing but I'm genuinely interested in it, it sounds like fun.

I ended up on the South American server. It was feeling a bit like I was drunk, but manageable. I kept wondering why my teams seemed so weird. They would exploit even obvious advantages and go into clear mode when it was already won. Then I tabbed and noticed all the Argentina and Brazilian teammates.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Atomizer posted:

Worth it just for the new tutorial/start up.

I actually won my first match :mad: and got a 3rd class badge...
Won the second too... This is NOT going to plan
btw I have not shot an enemy and have been being a dick to my team mates

Edit 2 - Got my first blue player banned!

Cartoon fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Dec 10, 2017

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
I kinda wish they'd do away with stats because most people are super bad, even worse than me, and there's still XVM arties out there.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

HFX posted:

I ended up on the South American server. It was feeling a bit like I was drunk, but manageable. I kept wondering why my teams seemed so weird. They would exploit even obvious advantages and go into clear mode when it was already won. Then I tabbed and noticed all the Argentina and Brazilian teammates.

What do you mean, they paid attention to the minimap and played competently? Unlike how they play on the US server?!?

Cartoon posted:

Edit 2 - Got my first blue player banned!

Blue as in stats or as in TKer? (Or both?)

Tahirovic posted:

I kinda wish they'd do away with stats because most people are super bad, even worse than me, and there's still XVM arties out there.

I think I'd feel awkward playing games "naked" from now on but you're right, it'd probably be for the best.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Atomizer posted:

I think I'd feel awkward playing games "naked" from now on but you're right, it'd probably be for the best.

I despise XVM. I'm not a good player, but I know my stats are higher than most so I can tell 100% when theres arty players using it on the enemy team because of the constant bombardment.

Also the side effects of twats suiciding because the win rate was 42% or just spending the game insulting new players with low stats.

Its loving toxic and I wish it went away.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

I'm gonna grab myself an IS-3 soon-ish, is the KV-85 worth keeping around? I can't recall ever having played it, but I think I was awarded it when they changed something in the tech tree, I recall having the old KV-1S with the big ol terrifying gun.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I need 180,000 exp in 36 hours to get the FV-183.

I'm not mad enough to try.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

IS question: I keep the 100mm and skip the D-25T because it unlocks with the IS-3, that much is for certain, but I'm also skipping the shittier 122mm because of its handling, right?

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Duzzy Funlop posted:

IS question: I keep the 100mm and skip the D-25T because it unlocks with the IS-3, that much is for certain, but I'm also skipping the shittier 122mm because of its handling, right?

mount either D-25 asap

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Prav posted:

mount either D-25 asap

But the lovely dispersion, and aimtime, and lower gold pen, and and and...

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, I don't waaaaaaaanna :cry:

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
If you aren't getting 10 feet away and blapping fools for 390 damage why even play soviet heavies?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

rex rabidorum vires posted:

If you aren't getting 10 feet away and blapping fools for 390 damage why even play soviet heavies?

I fully plan on doing that in the IS-3, but the IS has much less armor to pull that style off. Whatever, I'll give the first 122mm a spin and then just unlock the IS-3

/edit:

gently caress me, the rounds are as expensive as those of the Skorpion G :stare:

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Dec 10, 2017

2Jets
Apr 25, 2010

You're gonna get no tip
The 122mm is the gun to use on the IS. The low pen is not an issue against 95 percent of super heavies that will let you shoot their lower plate and sides and you can overmatch roofs of a lot of tanks, T 29s, AT#s, IS-3s, Swedish tds. As long as you can aim in fully you'll hit most of your shots. The IS has taught me more about how to play than anything in my 6000 previous games. It's so fun blasting things for 400 damage that I'm not in a hurry to get the IS-3 anymore.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Atomizer posted:

Wow, nice job being a loving creep cyberstalker! :stare: I don't give a poo poo that that's somebody's actual name, it's still really loving creepy that you had to look that up.

Anyways, you can still name an account after an actual person and run a bot on it, champ! :eng101: WN values are a measure of what you do in the game. Unless a WN8 of 0 (or <0) is possible, 1 indicates that that account is not being actively (or seriously) played by a real human. We should really do the statbadding experiment to see just how poorly an account can look but there's no doubt that that's not a "real" account.

I used the first result of a Google search to prove an idiot wrong on the internet. Get over yourself, champ. :rolleyes:

Why is it so difficult for you to believe that a middle-aged woman so unused to computers that she uses her real name for their account, and obviously plays with her equally bad husband who also uses his real name for his account, is legitimately terrible at this game? Why is it somehow easier for you to believe that someone would deliberately code a lovely bot and run it for 1,000 battles on an account named after a random middle-aged woman between 2015 and now?

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

Atomizer posted:

That's the first time you've ever seen a bot? :confused:

Average damage 85, average tier 3.4, >1k battles.
111 battles in the M10, <30% winrate. :stare:

That's a bot, champ. Or a statbadder. Which reminds me, who wants to create statbadding accounts to see just how low we can go?!?

bots don't have 38% win rates

HFX
Nov 29, 2004

Atomizer posted:

What do you mean, they paid attention to the minimap and played competently? Unlike how they play on the US server?!?

Sorry. Typed that on my phone. Would = wouldn't.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Goddamn, the IS is good.

Might just keep the tank around after unlocking the IS-3. Still don't really feel like unlocking the top gun by itself instead of getting it by unlocking the IS-3, damnit.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Goddamn, the IS is good.

Might just keep the tank around after unlocking the IS-3. Still don't really feel like unlocking the top gun by itself instead of getting it by unlocking the IS-3, damnit.

One issue is that the D25 is worthless on the IS3, where you want to get the BL8 ASAP.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Cardiac posted:

One issue is that the D25 is worthless on the IS3, where you want to get the BL8 ASAP.

Yeah, that's why I don't feel blowing my 27k free xp on the top D25 of the IS. Haven't looked how much do is required for the top gun on the IS-3, but I'm assuming it's connected to the top turret and tracks, so I expect it to be a bunch.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I'm gonna grab myself an IS-3 soon-ish, is the KV-85 worth keeping around? I can't recall ever having played it, but I think I was awarded it when they changed something in the tech tree, I recall having the old KV-1S with the big ol terrifying gun.

The KV-85 is mediocre, just sell it.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

McGavin posted:

I used the first result of a Google search to prove an idiot wrong on the internet. Get over yourself, champ. :rolleyes:

Why is it so difficult for you to believe that a middle-aged woman so unused to computers that she uses her real name for their account, and obviously plays with her equally bad husband who also uses his real name for his account, is legitimately terrible at this game? Why is it somehow easier for you to believe that someone would deliberately code a lovely bot and run it for 1,000 battles on an account named after a random middle-aged woman between 2015 and now?

How about just not posting people's facebook profiles, regardless of how good or bad they are or aren't at this game

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
Facebook is sacrosanct man!!!!

Shoulda linked Myspace.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Yeah, that's why I don't feel blowing my 27k free xp on the top D25 of the IS. Haven't looked how much do is required for the top gun on the IS-3, but I'm assuming it's connected to the top turret and tracks, so I expect it to be a bunch.

You can mount the BL-9 on the IS-3 without upgrading the turret or suspension. Soviet bias, etc.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Barry posted:

How about just not posting people's facebook profiles, regardless of how good or bad they are or aren't at this game

Sorry for doxxing you.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

that facebook lady is obviously bad because she has to hold a baby while playing

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Atomizer posted:

I goaded them into shooting at me till they turned blue and then begged them for the killing shot. :smuggo: That's two tanks out of the equation for no nett benefit to my team. The auto ban was just icing at that point. I think this is the way forward. However:

Things haven't really started very well. I have done ZERO damage total and yet still managed third class badges twice. :suicide:

In general trolling news:

This guy arced up in chat (upon being called a poo poo player of tanks) about how he drove them for real. Whether true or not this was truly delusional and relevant in exactly what way to his WoT performance?

A++ Would troll again.

And a palette cleanser

:3: 0f

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Lmfao "Its not creepy because I only did one google search to find their facebook account"

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

serious gaylord posted:

I despise XVM. I'm not a good player, but I know my stats are higher than most so I can tell 100% when theres arty players using it on the enemy team because of the constant bombardment.

Also the side effects of twats suiciding because the win rate was 42% or just spending the game insulting new players with low stats.

Its loving toxic and I wish it went away.

XVM is a set of interface mods including minimap and other tweaks (some of which have been integrated into the main game.) The stats portion is a separate element that can be disregarded, but the other components of XVM are quite helpful.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

The KV-85 is a paper tank with 3° of depression. The DPM on the 100 is nice but that depression is very limiting. I'd rather play the M6 any day.

serious gaylord posted:

That's only 5k XP per hour! You can do it! Gogogoogogogoo!!!

Duzzy Funlop posted:

They buffed the 100 on the IS so now it actually has DPM. I'd suggest at least using that over the first 122.

McGavin posted:

Your Google search didn't prove anything, champ. WN8 is a measure of activity, and unless there's a way to get less than 1 WN8, that account has performed about as little as possible. There's a difference between being terrible and not actively playing the game.

You can name an account whatever you want and still bot it. And no, I don't believe the individual controlling that account coded his/her own bot because loving nobody does that, champ. They found a bot and are using that. Maybe they're using the one stickygreen0 uses/used, because its stats are pretty similarly awful and that's a known bot.

And you want an actual plausible explanation for this whole thing, champ? The dude created an account for his wife and runs a bot so it can get her up to the tiers he wants to play with her! (Not that that teaches her how to play at tier 10 or whatever.) Maybe she shares his account when he's not using it, but obviously when he wants to play they both can't use the same account, so solution: bot up another account for her!

Was that really so hard for you to comprehend, champ? Because while we really don't know what's going on there, one thing is for sure: that account is not being played by a human being for every battle. The stats clearly prove that, champ.*

James Garfield posted:

bots don't have 38% win rates

Uh, and this is apropos of what? You're saying bots have better or worse winrates*, etc.? And your actual proof is...? Just FYI 38% overall WR is among the lowest I've seen over several years of playing, at least on the US server.

*And actually, on the subject of bots and proof, I found some more on known bot stickygreen0 which actually is evidence at least of what a known botter can accomplish. Note that its stats are similar to the "lady's" account discussed above, with a WR well below 40%.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Control Volume posted:

Lmfao "Its not creepy because I only did one google search to find their facebook account"

literally this without the sarcasm

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Have some replay shenanigans:

http://wotreplays.eu/site/3993606?secret=32096e0ac00a7665211f2e49e576c542
First, skip to ~7:00 on this one (after I die.) Watch the chaos that happens after the Strv flips itself on its side and we can't get anyone to overturn him in a close game.

http://wotreplays.eu/site/3993608?secret=32096e0ac00a7665211f2e49e576c542
This one features a bot that we had run into a couple matches earlier (he did nothing that battle either.) I called him out right at the beginning because unfortunately he was on our team this time. What he does, though, shows how he got those stats, and why I called him out. 2 WN8, <39% WR. He might not bot all the time but he clearly spends most of the time doing so:

>2k battles over 4 months (>16/day, every day,) <31% WR(!!!!!) over >300 battles in the IS-6"B" is pretty telling, to say nothing of the rest of his vehicles (much being in a 40% Church 3):
http://new.noobmeter.com/player/na/vladimir_k_bestplayerna/1026559213/

Edit: I forgot to add that it's probably a "reroll" :rolleyes: or gimmick foreigner's account (he speaks Spanish and broken English, and has a "trollish" name,) but still, when there's a human controlling that account it's clearly a retard.

Atomizer fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Dec 11, 2017

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Goddamn, the IS is good.

You could see about picking up the premium IS-2 if it appears over xmas, since it's just the same tank but makes more credits.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Regardless of whether you feel it is creepy or not, do not post other people's facebooks in the thread.
Nothing of value is gained by doing so.

This is not the internet of 2005 where people could link to offsite things and we would laugh and move on.

This is the internet of 2017. People who lurk and do not even post here may be reading, may take said facebook and decide to wage a petty vendetta because they are bored. The internet is a hyperbolic mess of one upmanship, and people have allowed themselves to put way too much of their lives online for people to do with whatever they see fit.

Can we agree to laugh at people from a distance if we must and not pave the way for worse things to occur out of our hands?

wjs5
Aug 22, 2009

serious gaylord posted:

I need about 100k xp

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
lol why is this mediocre T8 premium T-44-100 fifty-five drat dollars

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Unfortunately, there is no such game as 'World of Submarines.'

Barry posted:

lol why is this mediocre T8 premium T-44-100 fifty-five drat dollars

WG runs on the same guiding principle as the Republican Party, namely:
  • More money for us
  • gently caress You

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
They don't make more money if nobody buys the thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Barry posted:

They don't make more money if nobody buys the thing

Most people wouldn't spend money to buy tanks even if they were $10 but they have found that those willing to spend money are willing to spend $40-$50 for internet pixel tanks.