Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Sataere posted:

Now this is one of the best pieces of advice, but the flaw with this is that sometimes guys are just hosed.

Being able to disseminate context from poor production is perhaps the most important lesson. If you held onto Gurley last year, you were hurting yourself, even though he is a talented player. Because sometimes you can't succeed, no matter how talented you are.

*nods sagely

Dez Bryant and Julio Jones can’t throw the ball to themselves. They need a productive QB, who benefits from an effective RB, both of which need a dominating line.

Now all one has to do is consider a hundred other noteworthy variables that are not easily quantified and things should clear up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Sataere posted:

Now this is one of the best pieces of advice, but the flaw with this is that sometimes guys are just hosed.

Being able to disseminate context from poor production is perhaps the most important lesson. If you held onto Gurley last year, you were hurting yourself, even though he is a talented player. Because sometimes you can't succeed, no matter how talented you are.

Gurley finished last year with 1200 yards and 6 TDs. That's not really shabby, just not what you hoped for. The really ugly games weeks 13 and 15 did nothing to help the perception.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Suave Fedora posted:

*nods sagely

Dez Bryant and Julio Jones can’t throw the ball to themselves. They need a productive QB, who benefits from an effective RB, both of which need a dominating line.

Now all one has to do is consider a hundred other noteworthy variables that are not easily quantified and things should clear up.

I have this tattooed on my arm, word for word.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Suave Fedora posted:

*nods sagely

*cranes neck to look at Hopkins*

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
The next step in preseason fantasy analysis is understanding that an offense is an ecosystem, which is shockingly absent. Experts like to zoom in on the talent and go ehhhhhhhh everything else will work out.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Matt Zerella posted:

I had Hopkins all of last year and all of this year and let me tell you there's a difference

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Sataere posted:

I think holding onto guys that are talented for long periods of time is wonderful advice for Dynasty, though.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Matt Zerella posted:

”A terrible Osweiler appears!”

> Fight
> Mana
> Block
> Flee

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Outside of a pretty rare scenario, I will make the playoffs in my BML. I am stuck with KC's def and it will cost $5 to pick up another defense. The week 14-15-16 matchups and defenses available are (14 is just regular season, so not as concerned about it):
Washington: @LAC, ARI, DEN
Detroit: @TB, CHI, @CIN
NO: already played 14, NYJ, ATL
ARI: TEN, @WAS, NYG

Also a bunch of other defenses available if you can think of any to check for that look good. I am leaning picking up Washington after week 14 since at least KC is at home this week, but they could also get taken once it goes to WW. Any of these upgrades enough to be worth $5?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Diqnol posted:

I think holding onto guys that are talented for long periods of time is wonderful advice for Dynasty, though.

I tried my hardest to get shares of Hopkins and Gurley this past offseason. The best I was able to get was Will Fuller. Not that I'm complaining. Getting talent at a low price matters.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Has anyone said, "DeShaun'll come out... Kamara!"

Yet?

theCops
Aug 13, 2004
First week of playoffs, .5 PPR 10tm league. Could use some advice here:

Starting currently:

QB: Alex Smith
WR1: DeAndre Hopkins
WR2: Keenan Allen
RB1: Le'Veon Bell
RB2: Mark Ingram (locked)
TE: Jack Doyle
W/R/T: Josh Gordon

K: Dan Bailey
DEF: Pittsburgh

Basically i'm not sure who to flex. My options are:

Latavius Murray
Jerrick McKinnon
Samaje Perine
Sterling Shepard
Kenyan Drake

I think its between Gordon, Murray and Shepard.

Should I think about changing out PIT's defense sans Shazier? I feel like Alex Collins has the potential to pile up yards all day. DAL, BUF and LAC are available off waivers.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

theCops posted:

First week of playoffs, .5 PPR 10tm league. Could use some advice here:

Starting currently:

QB: Alex Smith
WR1: DeAndre Hopkins
WR2: Keenan Allen
RB1: Le'Veon Bell
RB2: Mark Ingram (locked)
TE: Jack Doyle
W/R/T: Josh Gordon

K: Dan Bailey
DEF: Pittsburgh

Basically i'm not sure who to flex. My options are:

Latavius Murray
Jerrick McKinnon
Samaje Perine
Sterling Shepard
Kenyan Drake

I think its between Gordon, Murray and Shepard.

Should I think about changing out PIT's defense sans Shazier? I feel like Alex Collins has the potential to pile up yards all day. DAL, BUF and LAC are available off waivers.

BUF is a viable stream, again the weather is looking nasty for that game, but PIT should be fine.

Stand pat on everything else. Your team is strong enough to contend in a 4 person league lol

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Spoeank posted:

The next step in preseason fantasy analysis is understanding that an offense is an ecosystem, which is shockingly absent. Experts like to zoom in on the talent and go ehhhhhhhh everything else will work out.

This is the things that kills me about everything on fantasy sites. Everything is so massively context dependent and the "This team has given up the most points to TEs" blurbs are worthless unless you're weighting so many things.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Drunk Nerds posted:

Has anyone said, "DeShaun'll come out... Kamara!"

Yet?

Drunk Nerds posted:

DeShaun'll come out... Kamara!

drat I'm drunk

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
How are we feeling about Amari Cooper if he suits up? Love that matchup but worry about him not being 100%. (My alternative is DT)

E: Just saw he's likely to be on a snap count, so I guess DT is probably the play

Gobias Ind. fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Dec 10, 2017

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Wow, Abdullah is expected to be a "healthy" scratch apparently?

I have Riddick on my bench, but this Tion Green fucker though

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Ahhhhhh now I’m so conflicted as to who I should start. gently caress you Detroit!

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Just read that Doug Martin is averaging a whopping 2.71 yards the last 6 games?

Good god Bucs, me and my Barber stash are saying gently caress you hard. Give the kid a chance.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Dec 10, 2017

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Gobias Ind. posted:

How are we feeling about Amari Cooper if he suits up? Love that matchup but worry about him not being 100%. (My alternative is DT)

E: Just saw he's likely to be on a snap count, so I guess DT is probably the play

Have this same dilemma, but the chances of Cooper going off vs him playing at a limited range seem to be weighted more towards being limited. If he was having an incredible year, it might be worth the risk, but aside from the one game, he really hasn't been much.

Which means I'll bench him in two leagues and he'll get three touchdowns. It is decided.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Chris Hogan worth playing in Gronks absence?

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Joey Freshwater posted:

I’d be concerned about his snaps management. NE is not the type of team that would rush a guy back into game shape because a key cog is missing. They are smart enough to figure out other ways to score.

I am sitting my DET players today (two shares of Golden Tate, mainly).

Mistakes will be made.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Joey Freshwater posted:

If Hogan is playing, you should be starting him.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
The wind in CLE is worse than expected and GB's #1 corner is surprisingly active. I'm back off the Josh Gordon train and putting in Crowder instead.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

coronaball posted:

The wind in CLE is worse than expected and GB's #1 corner is surprisingly active. I'm back off the Josh Gordon train and putting in Crowder instead.

House still got burned last week AND Gordon burned Casey Hayward last week. I'm still on the train.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

coronaball posted:

https://rotogrinders.com/weather/nfl

"I know the main interest here is Josh Gordon, and while I do think the weather will hinder him slightly when driving in to the wind, he still has half the game with the wind at his back, and the team can rely on shorter routes when the field flips. I consider this a bump down to kickers, and a slight bump down to the deep passing attack, but not a must-fade scenario."

Gordon ran slant routes perfectly fine last week. All aboard this crazy train until we've derailed into a fiery wreck off a bridge.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

:thunk:
If Kizer is just going to be underthrowing go routes anyways, doesn't this mean ~half the time the wind will actually help Gordon?
:thunk:

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

I can't do it, I need a floor in this matchup. God be with you all.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Wouldn't a tornado, theoretically, deposit the ball at a random place on the field, and so would be at least as good as whoever is starting for Denver?

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Man it’s gonna suck if It turns out to be the Tion Green show today.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

coronaball posted:

I begrudgingly went with Evans last minute over Crowder and Gordon.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Hope you Gordon doubters are hanging your heads in shame right now. Smdh

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

coronaball posted:

Oh dear

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

One cannot be a good person and enforce unjust laws.

coronaball posted:

I almost let you talk me into benching Gordon

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

Of course I did bench Doug Martin, which I'm regretting. Also, how much do I have to pay Tampa Bay to throw a single loving ball to Brate?

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Brownhat posted:

Of course I did bench Doug Martin, which I'm regretting. Also, how much do I have to pay Tampa Bay to throw a single loving ball to Brate?

I just outright dropped Martin because he's been dogshit.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

dkj posted:

I just outright dropped Martin because he's been dogshit.

Same. I’d have rather taken a flier on Peyton Barber, Mike Davis or Goodwin.

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

Suave Fedora posted:

Same. I’d have rather taken a flier on Peyton Barber, Mike Davis or Goodwin.

I picked up Goodwin, but I decided against benching Gordon for him. Goodwin is looking good today though, and he has another tasty matchup next week, assuming I don't lose this week.

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls
Have to fill a flex for 4 pm. Amendola or Forte??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Ertz confirmed out

• Locked thread