Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

Washout posted:

Nah I don't agree with this at all, gorgons are strictly worse than Boltor and so are a lot of other guns on that list like the baza and braton. I think people still vastly under rate pure damage builds, especially in the typical 4x corpo goon groups a lot of us roll with regularly. I formaed most of the guns on that list out to max already with riven on supra, tetra, and gorgon. (And Boltor and soma but that's beside the point)

I'm just talking about a weapon being "top-tier" in a vacuum. As you say, it's pretty moot in practice because of things like CorPro and effective enemy level never really going past 100 (and rarely getting to that). But stuff like the Baza and Prisma Gorgon blow the Boltor out of the water when you are just talking about weapon performance vs high level armor. Being able to either run an effective Corrosive build or a Viral/Slash Hunter Munitions build is basically a requirement for a weapon to be "top-tier" on it's own.

Also lol at poor Chimera who must be thinking "shut up you spergs I just wanted to know about this Riven!" Sorry Chimera, you can follow Washout's advice on the reroll and you'll be good, with the adjustment that multishot is probably the best stat it can roll and negative zoom would be a really good malus to buff up the bonuses. If you wanna get a bit more in depth, read on. Basically rivens can roll 2 bonuses/2 bonuses 1 malus/3 bonuses/ 3 bonuses 1 malus and the less bonuses/more maluses it has, the better the individual cap for those stats can be (so like a 2 bonus/1 malus riven can have a much higher potential roll on any individual stat vs a 3 bonus no malus riven). With the very low disposition of the Boltor, it'll be hard to get a good roll (the ideal would be something like +multishot/+elemental/-zoom), so it might be better to try and sell it unrolled for like 50-100p.

AttackBacon fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Dec 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Nah it's all good, I like reading all the stuff considering in game explains nothing.

I just need more rivens! Got a statue today, they're going get really old really quickly aren't they...

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
I fondly remember the days where I had any Ayatan Amber Stars. My play patterns don’t really lend to getting any of the drat things :shepface:

Spaseman
Aug 26, 2007

I'm a Securitron
RobCo security model 2060-B.
If you ever see any of my brothers tell them Victor says howdy.
Fallen Rib
Is there a way to see if any of the stuff I've gotten is worth any plat?

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Spaseman posted:

Is there a way to see if any of the stuff I've gotten is worth any plat?

http://warframe.market

Filter by online players since offline tends to have people who haven't updated their prices in forever.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Johnny Joestar posted:

ehhhhhh, hunter munitions pretty solidly pulls crit weapons ahead, including some candidates like the prisma gorgon
I hope Hunter Munitions gets nerfed into the ground and all the Gara nerf-criers who put HM on everything are forced to face their own shame

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

CODChimera posted:

Got a statue today, they're going get really old really quickly aren't they...

Never. They never get old.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Captain Oblivious posted:

I fondly remember the days where I had any Ayatan Amber Stars. My play patterns don’t really lend to getting any of the drat things :shepface:

I made an Ember with master thief specifically to plunder locker rooms on jupiter. The droprate for amber stars is bullshit.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

And Tyler Too! posted:

I made an Ember with master thief specifically to plunder locker rooms on jupiter. The droprate for amber stars is bullshit.

This is another problem syndicate missions+ignis+animal instinct/thief's wit solve. In you quest to collect 'em all, you will accumulate hundreds of blue and a have a surplus of ambers.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Mimesweeper posted:

Never. They never get old.

My second riven is Cronus so yeah maybe I'll just stick with the statues, less painful.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Soothing Vapors posted:

I hope Hunter Munitions gets nerfed into the ground and all the Gara nerf-criers who put HM on everything are forced to face their own shame

They said on some devstream that before Khora (who can change her exalted damage type between slash/impact/puncture at will) comes out, "Damage 3.0" is gonna screw around with procs to make impact and puncture less useless and slash less be-all-end-all-overpowered. Munitions will probably become weaker at that point but if they make puncture actually good against high-level armor then everything will be fine.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

They said on some devstream that before Khora (who can change her exalted damage type between slash/impact/puncture at will) comes out, "Damage 3.0" is gonna screw around with procs to make impact and puncture less useless and slash less be-all-end-all-overpowered. Munitions will probably become weaker at that point but if they make puncture actually good against high-level armor then everything will be fine.
Status is overrated in the current system. Status like explicitly modding for status. For example, dex pixia's dps is within 10%-12% of its status build if you don't use any status% mods at all (even factoring in reload time). I think a large portion of its popularity is the lower polarity cost and unified polarity type of status mods, another portion is status is more fun, and another portion is people are just bad at math.

Yeah, high status slash weapons do slightly more dps, but that's not significant in any of the non-endless content. And even in endless, when's the last time you sat in a defense or survival for over an hour? Non-status builds kill more efficiently until things start taking a while to die, which is beyond the scope of almost any non-endless content in the game (including sorties).

It's a little more complicated due to viral halving hp current hp after the shot that procs viral does damage, bad groups not running corrosive vs relevant enemies, shotgun 100% status mechanics (run status on tigris prime), the vast discrepancies in weapon power levels, and things like that. There are multiple situations you can min-max for.

The current system of enemy scaling is bad anyway. So I hope 3.0 comes and revamps it all like 2.0 did.

Whenever I read the echo chamber of "status is so overpowered" on reddit I have to wonder what content they're doing and if they've ever used a 6 formad non-status weapon in their lives. Or maybe they're stuck in the past where viral procs stacked.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Dec 9, 2017

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me
So I've got a Miter and a Mag Prime in the oven, and this Riven:

Does anyone know if a projectile with punchthrough rolls for crit and status procs with each target it hits, or if the results are calculated when it is fired and then applied to each target identically?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Avulsion posted:

So I've got a Miter and a Mag Prime in the oven, and this Riven:

Does anyone know if a projectile with punchthrough rolls for crit and status procs with each target it hits, or if the results are calculated when it is fired and then applied to each target identically?

It rolls only once and does the same damage to everything. Or at least that's how Plasmor does it. But punchthrough doesn't work properly on Miter IIRC because the sawblades bounce off of enemies.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

That still looks rad. You can give your Miter Justice as well if you want :v:

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Yeah I'm sure bouncing off is just as good when it's inside a Mag bubble.

Ark
Aug 20, 2000

Is there any reason NOT to cure the pimple on my neck if I've already drained it once and got my Helminth Charger?

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

Ark posted:

Is there any reason NOT to cure the pimple on my neck if I've already drained it once and got my Helminth Charger?

Nope. You can infect a frame you never use and just leave that in storage for if they release a different breed ever.

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
The cyst showing up on my warframe was one of the most bizarre moments I've ever had in gaming. I hadn't played for a year or more, and I've come back to so many changes and neat new things, but the game is still buggy in portions (which is fine and I still love it).

I was idling in my orbiter when I saw the pink cyst on my frame, and thought, "what IS that? Is it an infection model grenade that bugged out and stuck on my warframe? Weird." Then I decided to look it up and it's a game mechanic. :psyduck:

I love this dumb game.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

Bust Rodd posted:

Basically I went Sword/Kunai/Braton/Excalibur, I've just unlocked Venus and did the first bounty on Cetus. His video stresses going for a quick bolter but now you guys are saying thats bad so i just bought the 25K credits braton and the Fist Weapons.

You have to keep in mind that most of the time whenever we say a weapon as "bad", we meant it's bad for end game content or against high level enemies (like over 60). Before that stage though, all weapons are useable as long as you have the mods. A Boltor with a rank 8 Serration will vastly outperform a Soma Prime with rank 1 Serration. There is no complete garbage weapon when fighting enemies under level 30 (well, maybe the Kraken.... or Cycron). Even your standard Lato got a bit of buff that makes it decent when it used to be a pea shooter that stuggled against level 5 Grineer.

This case is even milder when it comes to melee weapons. I don't think there can be a true garbage melee weapon since the mods for them are ludicrous. But since your options are limited at this stage, I suggest you aim for polearms (the Orthos) for your next melee due to how easy it is to use.

Ark
Aug 20, 2000

Sazabi posted:

Nope. You can infect a frame you never use and just leave that in storage for if they release a different breed ever.

Is there a way to infect my other frames myself? or do I have to go rubbing up on people in Cetus?

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

we need a good site or spreadsheet or something for storing all the good builds. like, I'd love to be able to just look up a standard soma prime build or ember build to have a starting place to get to then start loving with poo poo

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

RFC2324 posted:

we need a good site or spreadsheet or something for storing all the good builds. like, I'd love to be able to just look up a standard soma prime build or ember build to have a starting place to get to then start loving with poo poo

http://warframe-builder.com/

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg
For weapons, there are a few more or less standard builds anyway. Serration, split chamber, two elements, then either go for crits or two more elements, hcal, and an eighth mod (sinister reach, blast radius, hunter munitions, shred). If you want to 100% minmax, warframe builder is the way to go. I usually don't bother because weapons are pretty straightforward and frames depend so heavily on which power or powers you want to use, and how you want to use them.

inkblot
Feb 22, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
So I finally put Mirage together after having her parts sit in my inventory for like a year...

Why does her blind not leave enemies open to finishers? I call shenanigans on this.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

inkblot posted:

So I finally put Mirage together after having her parts sit in my inventory for like a year...

Why does her blind not leave enemies open to finishers? I call shenanigans on this.

It... does? Finishers have always been a bit janky about triggering it. At least her disco ball does open them up for finisher. Not sure about her new trap power since I haven't tried it.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

Stop doing hydron and do endless relic missions instead.

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

Ark posted:

Is there a way to infect my other frames myself? or do I have to go rubbing up on people in Cetus?
Nope no way to infect yourself aside from nidus.
Go stand in the crowd when baro shows up. it's like public transportation, everybody is armed and at least one person is, or should, be taking it to the hospital.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

wid posted:

You have to keep in mind that most of the time whenever we say a weapon as "bad", we meant it's bad for end game content or against high level enemies (like over 60). Before that stage though, all weapons are useable as long as you have the mods. A Boltor with a rank 8 Serration will vastly outperform a Soma Prime with rank 1 Serration. There is no complete garbage weapon when fighting enemies under level 30 (well, maybe the Kraken.... or Cycron). Even your standard Lato got a bit of buff that makes it decent when it used to be a pea shooter that stuggled against level 5 Grineer.

This case is even milder when it comes to melee weapons. I don't think there can be a true garbage melee weapon since the mods for them are ludicrous. But since your options are limited at this stage, I suggest you aim for polearms (the Orthos) for your next melee due to how easy it is to use.

This is well put, after some testing last night braton prime with fotm build is better in some situations than Boltor, (going past 30 on hydron or whatever) everything pales compared to the melee fotm builds though (2 forma nikana prime with viral slash is redic). And max forma weapons in general murder everything.

Washout fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Dec 10, 2017

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Xun posted:

Trying to make Loki look good is the hardest content in the game :argh:

Surely you jest?
https://imgur.com/a/ARl0g

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Currently looking for an arcane Squall helmet.

Nalesh fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Dec 10, 2017

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

TheMostFrench posted:

Surely you jest?

I just really hate how his skin looks, its super busy while also being uninteresting? And sticking a generic black/white/color scheme on him + action poses and lighting doesn't really change that for me.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Xun posted:

I just really hate how his skin looks, its super busy while also being uninteresting? And sticking a generic black/white/color scheme on him + action poses and lighting doesn't really change that for me.

Loki is super plain but it actually helps once you have a good assortment of attachments, he can def look good.

inkblot
Feb 22, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

wid posted:

It... does? Finishers have always been a bit janky about triggering it. At least her disco ball does open them up for finisher. Not sure about her new trap power since I haven't tried it.

I have tried all of her blinds on all of the different enemy types and I've got nothing. All I can assume is that her blind is currently bugged or they somehow are using the old Excal code? Which would be weird because all the other blinds in the game leave enemies open to finishers so I've no idea what Mirage's deal is.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Can someone explain how Saryn is supposed to work? Build for duration, use 3, then pop 4 every now and then?

M2tt
Dec 23, 2000
Forum Veteran
Max duration/range, spam 1 and pop the spores. Alternately start by casting 2 and spam 1 at the molt then pop to get the ball rolling. Each spore you pop spawns 3 more and you should hit critical mass pretty quickly. A Gas Ignis works well for popping spores but there are a few other weapons people like as well.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

RFC2324 posted:

Can someone explain how Saryn is supposed to work? Build for duration, use 3, then pop 4 every now and then?

Saryn is all about using all 4 powers together to wreck entire waves of enemies. She works best on defense or survival missions, but can pretty much always get the job done.

Throw spores around. If you see enemies that don't have spores already, give them some. The spores do some viral damage, but also create a weack spot for you to shoot. When you hit a spore, it bursts and spreads to nearby enemies. Just keep doing that. Weapons with big hitboxes like the Ignis can really move this along. The Kohm and Boar Prime work pretty well too. You can use the Hikou+Concealed Explosive for a comedy option that actually works really well at range.

Molt let's you survive in a pinch. Drop a decoy and move somewhere. You can also put spores on your own molt at half cost, so go ahead and do that. When enemies shoot it, the spores will burst. I usually leave this set up on one side of the map while I get spores going on the other side. Eventually, molt will be gunned down, and when it blows up it gives everything nearby a toxic proc. If the molt has spores on it when it blows up, anything that survives gets spores.

At this point, all the enemies on the map have spores. They're all suffering from viral procs and damage numbers fill the screen.

Toxic Lash is the least interesting power. You get some more toxic damage on your melee weapon. While it's active, your melee attacks will burst spores.

Miasma brings it all together. It's a quick simple nuke, but it causes +100% damage to anything suffering viral, and another +100% damage to anything suffering from toxic. Also, when you cast it, your molt will explode, as long as it's in range of your miasma. Simply casting Molt then Miasma will double the damage. The real way to do it, though, is to fill the map with spores, then put spores on your molt, then cast miasma. Enemies will have viral damage from the spores, then toxic from your exploding molt, so the Miasma does triple damage. Anything that somehow survives gets spores.

Saryn is all about damage numbers everywhere, wiping out the small fry, nuking anything that fights back, and spores everywhere all the time for everyone.

She used to be the frame of choice for some affinity farms. I think an ember would use the augment to grant fire damage to a teammate, and then max range Saryn would nuke the entire map.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

RFC2324 posted:

You use a spore, you pop it with a gas proc, it goes on everything and kills them. Mostly good against grineer, especially armorless, alright against corpus, and kinda crap vs infested. You can put them on molts to stay in place and never have to see an enemy, or you can just actively pop them on enemies.

You can press 4 to do more damage to things that aren't dying, but generally you don't have to unless you're going past wave 20.

Her spores stack up to 3 times and the dot damage is effected by the damage of the gas proc you use to apply toxin to the spores. It's easy to do with torid or mutalist cernos, and there are some sidearms that are also alright for it. I suppose the highest possible damage spores come from the lanka.

Saryn values everything, except power efficiency I guess not that it hurts. It depends what you're doing. Range is great, power strength is great, duration is important to some degree. I'd argue power strength isn't super important for spores themselves so you can skimp there if you want just don't dip into the negatives. Although the build I usually use has around low 200s% power str in addition to >250% range and increased duration.

There is actually some advantage to doing LESS damage if you try to use Saryn on non-endless star chart/invasion missions, especially exterminate, so you can just continually spread spores instead of having them instantly killing the level 30 or whatever grineers.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Dec 10, 2017

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Here's a really fun slightly different take on Saryn that revolves around her 3 and a Gunblade.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_d4KXq8pY8

I didn't care for her at all until I started gunblading it up, she's my #1 most played now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

RFC2324 posted:

I max out range and power strength. Duration isn't super important when your spores are doing enough damage to kill enemies before their duration runs out, as an enemy being killed with spores active on them causes the spores to pop. With the 235 range I have that's everything in a 37~ meter radius around them. In Hydron I usually throw down a spore, pop it, and the ensuing chain reaction kills everything in the level within a few seconds.