Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Can I get a guild invite on kirtar ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

kirtar posted:

Can I get a guild invite on kirtar ?

invite sent, :f5:

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

quote:

[Bug Fix] now we are stripping html tags from chat messages. no more unsavory code injection into chat.

:v:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The top thing that should never be in an online game's chat yet somehow always is.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Just to be clear that was from a different game, not amar, and the dev on it seems like he has his priorities straight when it comes to prioritizing security fixes. Dude got handed what was probably a massive dumpsterfire of a code base.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

gwrtheyrn posted:

Just to be clear that was from a different game, not amar, and the dev on it seems like he has his priorities straight when it comes to prioritizing security fixes. Dude got handed what was probably a massive dumpsterfire of a code base.

And a bunch of goons standing round it tossing in firecrackers and bags of cat poop...

Still, it was all good fun right and only one ban.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

I bet vara still allows HTML on the forums p.sure they had a post telling you how to do HTML on there. <--other game chat

There's a bunch of other games similar to amar that exist and most are horribly coded it's fun to pop in and see how backwater this game genre is in general. It's like going to the internet, 2001.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

pixaal posted:

I bet vara still allows HTML on the forums p.sure they had a post telling you how to do HTML on there. <--other game chat

There's a bunch of other games similar to amar that exist and most are horribly coded it's fun to pop in and see how backwater this game genre is in general. It's like going to the internet, 2001.

the same tag stripping code is applied to forums posts. they removed all of the text on the html guide. any post made prior to the change still works though

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Ratzap posted:

And a bunch of goons standing round it tossing in firecrackers and bags of cat poop...

Still, it was all good fun right and only one ban.

The ban was pretty deserved too, tbh (lol I got goatse'd while at work, but thankfully no one saw).

Vilgefartz
Apr 29, 2013

Good ideas 4 free
Fun Shoe
Hey guys can i get an invite for vilgefarts ?

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Eastdrom posted:

Hey guys can i get an invite for vilgefarts ?

Invite sent

synthetik
Feb 28, 2007

I forgive you, Will. Will you forgive me?
I just started playing again after a year break. Gotta use all those bonuses that stacked up.

Rubidium Bradford
May 24, 2015

Where's the bomb?
Fallen Rib
Can I get me an invite? Name's ArrBradford.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Rubidium Bradford posted:

Can I get me an invite? Name's ArrBradford.

invite sent, :f5:

Svensken
May 29, 2010
Can I have an invite on trsn?

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Svensken posted:

Can I have an invite on trsn?

idk how nobody saw this until now but invite sent :f5:

Ovo
Dec 20, 2008

Life Rules
Can I grab an invite to WovoYovo? This looks looks bizarre and my I've run out of new idle-ish games!

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Ovo posted:

Can I grab an invite to WovoYovo? This looks looks bizarre and my I've run out of new idle-ish games!

Sent.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

There's a holiday event up now for anyone who is semi afk as well as the new interface. Good time to stop by again

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

I ve been on the lookout for something like this. I'm bored of gaming with graphics and I can't mud because pressing buttons is too arduous

In as Gnads

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Mr. Pickles posted:

I ve been on the lookout for something like this. I'm bored of gaming with graphics and I can't mud because pressing buttons is too arduous

In as Gnads

Invite sent, :f5:

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010
Is this game / group still active?

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Invite please TaterSaladSA.
also where the F is the guild tab I see a guild button but that's just create a guild

tater_salad fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Dec 2, 2017

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

tater_salad posted:

Invite please TaterSaladSA.
also where the F is the guild tab I see a guild button but that's just create a guild

Invite sent! It should be where you looked, but I have no clue with this new UI.

Usenet Magic-User posted:

Is this game / group still active?

Yes! Quite active in fact AND there's an event that new folks can take part in.

MrTargetPractice
Mar 17, 2004

In as Cyrix. Please send an invite when you can.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

MrTargetPractice posted:

In as Cyrix. Please send an invite when you can.

Invite sent

monkay
Aug 5, 2012

The official sad poster
Can I get a guild invite?
User: lysaenai

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

monkay posted:

Can I get a guild invite?
User: lysaenai

I shall be benevolent and grant this request. Press Button and your wildest dreams can be fulfilled.*

*No guarantees, except that a guild invite is up for you.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

So the clothing update hit. TLDR: It's poo poo right now. T2 and T3 may actually be better than old clothes, but aren't implemented yet. Grumpy said a week, I'll give it two. If it's not showing up by Christmas I'm probably done with this game too.

A few people quit over this, and with other quittings happening and also other games we play I set up a discord so we can keep in touch and all that fun stuff.

synthetik
Feb 28, 2007

Yeah, I'm completely done. I dropped all my stuff off in the bank and gave fvicoden all my snail bucks and copper.

Does anyone have the link for the vara thread? Or should I just jump in the discord?

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

synthetik posted:

Yeah, I'm completely done. I dropped all my stuff off in the bank and gave fvicoden all my snail bucks and copper.

Does anyone have the link for the vara thread? Or should I just jump in the discord?

p sure this is the vara thread

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Well poo poo I was getting ready to come back. I’ll hop in discord when I’m not phone posting.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Jesus, what exactly changed that a bunch of people are apparently quitting over it? I was really hoping we'd get to #1 before people began losing interest.

synthetik
Feb 28, 2007

All of the -timer gear changed. For example, you have to have a full six slots of blue gear for a -6 timer, instead of each piece having its own stats. The one update literally invalidated ever gearset I have, and it’ll be “a couple of weeks” before replacements are available. Who knows what the mats will be? I’m not going to spend any more time in a game where literal years of work can be discarded by a single update.

I’ll change the password on my account if someone wants to run with it. Speed is 95 or something than everything else has a fair amount of progress.

Cone is like half the player base of the game at this point and it’s like this update was directed at us. Grumpy was laughing along with the rest of the other guilds when we were raising points in chat. I was seriously considering doing a chargeback on the unused snail bucks I had on my account, but I’m not going to be that petty.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

synthetik posted:

All of the -timer gear changed. For example, you have to have a full six slots of blue gear for a -6 timer, instead of each piece having its own stats. The one update literally invalidated ever gearset I have, and it’ll be “a couple of weeks” before replacements are available. Who knows what the mats will be? I’m not going to spend any more time in a game where literal years of work can be discarded by a single update.

I’ll change the password on my account if someone wants to run with it. Speed is 95 or something than everything else has a fair amount of progress.

Cone is like half the player base of the game at this point and it’s like this update was directed at us. Grumpy was laughing along with the rest of the other guilds when we were raising points in chat. I was seriously considering doing a chargeback on the unused snail bucks I had on my account, but I’m not going to be that petty.

Grumpy said straight up that cone never would be this high without abusing gear and we are progressing way faster than intended and we should be thankful he let us abuse this for so long.

synthetik
Feb 28, 2007

pixaal posted:

Grumpy said straight up that cone never would be this high without abusing gear and we are progressing way faster than intended and we should be thankful he let us abuse this for so long.

Doesn't make a lot of sense since other guilds had the same access to gear for the past seven years, but I'll take it as a win that we broke the game to a point that the head developer had to literally patch us out of existence.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

synthetik posted:

Doesn't make a lot of sense since other guilds had the same access to gear for the past seven years, but I'll take it as a win that we broke the game to a point that the head developer had to literally patch us out of existence.

Clothing has only been in the game for 3 years apparently.

synthetik
Feb 28, 2007

pixaal posted:

Clothing has only been in the game for 3 years apparently.

Ok, then I'm wrong. I'm still done, it's still a major game change directed squarely at us.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
Thing is, if we had stayed at the core 20 - 30 people, with the organization that we have, we'd only be maybe a half dozen Top Guild slots behind where we are. Organization means a lot in a game like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

synthetik posted:

Ok, then I'm wrong. I'm still done, it's still a major game change directed squarely at us.

Let me break this down from the new player perspective:

This is a fun little idler game where people make stuff, lvl skills and gather exp in order to help their guild amass more exp than the other guilds, in less amount of time. Getting things done faster is a large part of it. It's being developed by some dude who doesn't give a poo poo about promoting it or about seeing more people play it.

The catch:
The top guilds are sporting member counts of around 5-15 whale p2w pubbie assholes who have gathered huge amounts of exp over many many years. The fun part is that no matter how much they try, p2w whales will never be able to compete with any guild that is organized and has as many active users as we do. A player can only get so much exp over a set amount of time, two players will earn double the amount, it's science! The goonion is the only guild you'll see in the top10, with 211 players and going up (around 1/10 of those are active too, which is a lot by the game's standards)

Recently new goons joined and are active, so the developer had to implement some changes. He couldn't bear seeing a bunch of noob goons decked out in epic gear since day 1 (because the goon vets had things covered), so he rushed a huge update just to slow us down and nurfed the whole goddamn game because of us lmao. Pubs went all out against us, it was p. cool considering its an idler game

We are now #7, soon to be 5. Goonrush!