Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

ChesterJT posted:

I'm not even sure what point you were trying to make because every shooter ever is the player trying to aim at a set of pixels on the screen. It is in fact a dumb thing to say.

I vastly prefer voxel sniping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

ChesterJT posted:

I'm not even sure what point you were trying to make because every shooter ever is the player trying to aim at a set of pixels on the screen. It is in fact a dumb thing to say.

Pixel hunting has referred to having to click on things like 2-3 pixels wide for a couple decades, the term started in old adventure games like Monkey Island where bad adventure games would make you find and click on objects a couple pixels in size to progress the game. Honestly, my bad if you didn't know the term and thought I was being an idiot, 'pixel hunt' means a specific thing to me and I thought you were just trying to pick a slapfight or some stupid poo poo.

To state it more clearly, my gripe with the Winchester is that I'm approaching 30, my vision already isn't perfect, and I don't like straining my eyes trying to find a head that's maybe 1/32" wide on my screen to try and shoot them in the face with the ironsights on the thing. It's a really neat gun for like 25-30m engagements where I can actually see the person I'm shooting at without needing a scope, but I wish it could equip a like 2x or 4x so I'm not killing my eyes if I try to use it. Having a gun that is long ranged but can't equip scopes is stupid.

Magres fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Dec 10, 2017

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Also there are totally .30-30 lever actions that can use scopes.

I literally had a 4x scope on mine last year.
It's a thing. Do it, PUBG.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

There are also Micro-Uzis with grips and dot sights as well as dot sights for Tommy Gun, but at this point its either something to do with their out-sourced weapon models or they're keeping it the way it is for the sake of variety.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

IMO the winchester should come with a rusty old 2x scope stuck on it much like the vss and its scope. Also change the name from "Win94" to just "Winchester" so I can stop thinking I'm picking up an operating system.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

You can get picatinny rails put on them too. Hell, you can buy an 1895 from marlin that has a picatinny rail on it.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

fknlo posted:

an 1895 from marlin that has a picatinny rail on it.
This is what i have. If i had an actual win94 i would not drill into it for rails.

But the accuracy of the iron sights is pretty real - the thing is a goddam laser, it's a bit more challenging than a modern assault rifle, but not by much.
Much easier than a garand or an old m-1 style gun.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Odobenidae posted:

Also change the name from "Win94" to just "Winchester" so I can stop thinking I'm picking up an operating system.
You're one of those guys who opens pdfs in "Adobe", aren't you? :P

Also:

https://twitter.com/lizaledwards/status/939701247757705216

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
That’s really out of place, to say the loving least.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

I'm hopeful this means we're going to get a physics modeled huge dong too

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
The different lighting on characters on the main menu might mean that the cameltoes were always there.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Goddamn, Hacienda Del Patron is going to be the new school. I found like 5 ARs, a Kar98k, Mini 14, 400-500 rounds of 5.56, level 3 helmet, level 3 vest, tons of painkillers and energy drinks, grenades. The only things I didn't find were FAKs and the guy that killed me.

Edit: The second time I couldn't find two guys there, but I got my second win. I was trying to kill someone with the KAR all game but it never worked out. Nobody would peek fight with me. In the end I ended up having to hop in a bronco and drive right through the middle of the second to last circle because I had absolutely no cover.

22 Eargesplitten fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Dec 10, 2017

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Finally got a chicken dinner where I also happened to be recording:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ql06jmFbTes

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Goddamn, Hacienda Del Patron is going to be the new school. I found like 5 ARs, a Kar98k, Mini 14, 400-500 rounds of 5.56, level 3 helmet, level 3 vest, tons of painkillers and energy drinks, grenades. The only things I didn't find were FAKs and the guy that killed me.

Edit: The second time I couldn't find two guys there, but I got my second win. I was trying to kill someone with the KAR all game but it never worked out. Nobody would peek fight with me. In the end I ended up having to hop in a bronco and drive right through the middle of the second to last circle because I had absolutely no cover.

Don't tell everyone the secret awesome that is Cartel Boss House. Boss House is hot poo poo.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Oh, I forgot to mention, I won that round playing in mono. I thought something seemed weird with my sound but figured it was just because the levels on this lovely headset are all hosed up. Turns out that the setting I had it on to eliminate the latency only works in mono. That would explain why I could never figure out where the hell shots were coming from.

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

Magres posted:

Pixel hunting has referred to having to click on things like 2-3 pixels wide for a couple decades, the term started in old adventure games like Monkey Island where bad adventure games would make you find and click on objects a couple pixels in size to progress the game. Honestly, my bad if you didn't know the term and thought I was being an idiot, 'pixel hunt' means a specific thing to me and I thought you were just trying to pick a slapfight or some stupid poo poo.

To state it more clearly, my gripe with the Winchester is that I'm approaching 30, my vision already isn't perfect, and I don't like straining my eyes trying to find a head that's maybe 1/32" wide on my screen to try and shoot them in the face with the ironsights on the thing. It's a really neat gun for like 25-30m engagements where I can actually see the person I'm shooting at without needing a scope, but I wish it could equip a like 2x or 4x so I'm not killing my eyes if I try to use it. Having a gun that is long ranged but can't equip scopes is stupid.

Play on a really low resolution - the pixels will be bigger! :v:

(don't actually do this pls)

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

VulgarandStupid posted:

I vastly prefer voxel sniping.

Lucasarts with voxels? Sign me up.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Is the new map out on production servers or still test only?

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

test only

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another

odiv posted:

You're one of those guys who opens pdfs in "Adobe", aren't you? :P

Also:

https://twitter.com/lizaledwards/status/939701247757705216

https://twitter.com/PLAYERUNKNOWN/status/940059611138211841

phew!

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

lohli posted:

The different lighting on characters on the main menu might mean that the cameltoes were always there.

I guess that confirms that theory

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Didn't they say they were fixing the weird proportions and wonky object scaling that are super noticeable in first person? In the saloon/bar the entire top floor is designed so you can just barely see above the railings/windows but not fire out them. The bottom floor has the windows at a perfect level despite that.

Those railings are present in like two other buildings and they make them useless because otherwise there's no way to shoot from inside.

Morzhovyye fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Dec 11, 2017

chesnok
Nov 14, 2014
This M-rated video game about people violently murdering each other has VAGINA modeled on female player models.
Alarm! Stop the presses!

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

It's probably a losing battle at this point, but that's not a vagina.

Got to play the new map a few times since it's been up on test and man does it suck not having a feel for the area as much. I guess I knew more about the old map than I thought I did.

Turns out I'm still terrible at this game. New vehicles are fun, though!

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Not updated in 2 years? IN PUBG!?

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt

tote up a bags posted:

Not updated in 2 years? IN PUBG!?

Engine assets.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
5 games on OC squads tonight. 5 sweet boy hackers. We managed to kill two, one by luck and the other a beautiful nade but the others hosed us. As a squad we all agreed to back out of pubg until this poo poo is fixed because it's officially out of control now, it's almost as bad as DayZ was.

fake edit: before anyone makes the inevitable "maybe you should get good, they probably weren't hackin" we got em all on video

revolther
May 27, 2008
New maps is pretty good but kinda too loving huge. You can drive around all match firing to attract attention and still rarely see anyone.

Realizing this game is supposed to be RELEASED on the 20th, woo boy is that going to be a cluster gently caress that upsets xbox owners.

edit: Oh xbox is getting "early access" too. So what the gently caress is the 1.0 PC release if not a full retail release?

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

chesnok posted:

This M-rated video game about people violently murdering each other has VAGINA modeled on female player models.
Alarm! Stop the presses!

odiv posted:

It's probably a losing battle at this point, but that's not a vagina.

It's probably not any consolation but if you wanted an example of a time when this was actually done; the "cinematic mod" for HL2, famous mostly for it's extremely weird feminine babyfaced Dr Breen had a female character modelled all the way up to the cervix.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
I have started dropping in the first large city just to get fights. If I survive, then I drive to a mountain near the middle of the circle and try to snipe people.

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?
I'm so glad the high-rise buildings have every second floor boarded up. This map is big enough without them.

I find I'm often stumbling on players really close up and shooting them before they see me. I don't know what is different exactly, but this almost never happened on Erangel. Perhaps it's that everyone is watching the horizon now, and ignoring what's next to them?

Also had a hilarious running fight after the drop, both running for El Campo Militar. I lucked out and got to a van first. Splat!

And grrr about the rubber banding. It's night on impossible to puch people, it's always better to run off an look for a gun and hope the lag has died down by the time you find the guy again.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Magres posted:

Dont take long range fights, its that easy

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

underage at the vape shop posted:

Dont take long range fights, its that easy

Wouldn't you want something that shoots fast than once per second for a short range fight

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Hooplah posted:

Wouldn't you want something that shoots fast than once per second for a short range fight

Yes that also

You almost never have to take long range fights if you dont want to in this game. In duo or squad its quite bad, you waste a lot of ammo and time just downing people

Ocatamai
Jun 18, 2004

Perfect and Elegant Maid
Change your tactics to better fit a play style you're comfortable to play better. Learn how to close distance using terrain bumps and walls. The new map will be even better for this with its large scale urban combat and desert hills.

Basically if you find yourself in a fair fight its because your tactics suck.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/status/940093762537005056

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Thank god.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

"Relatively seamless."

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Guessing they’ve noticed that almost everyone is playing on the test servers despite the instability. This is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PONY AVATARS

~SMcD
I'm really enjoying this new map. It plays differently and I really love the more varied topography. There are still open areas and less trees for cover but I haven't found it to be that aweful.

Really hoping that some of the lag and rubber banding clears up when they move to the live servers. It did feel similar when FPP was testing and everyone flooded over to the test servers to try it.

• Locked thread