Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

katkillad2 posted:

I'm enjoying the soundtrack, but none of the songs so far have really stuck out to me. Like nothing comes close to the first time I entered Satorl Marsh and heard https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AE0hhzASHwY. I'm guessing it probably has to do with me not being as invested in the story. Like 4-8 hours in to Xenoblade Chronicles story and I was hooked. I'm probably 50 hours into XC2 and still kind of feeling whatever about the story.

Hearing that about the music is kind of a bummer, right off the bat Xenoblade Chronicles blew me away. The colony 9 music is probably one of my favorite game tracks, it's so good in an extremely VideoGames way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKcQ-CQX-Ik

I'm hopeful I'll like the plot, Xenoblade Chronicles grabbed me right off the bat but it lost me about a third of the way through. It seemed really tightly plotted with a unique premise but got more meandering and more into generic fantasy/scifi mashup as time went on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Xenoblade chronicles 2 has incredible music, easily on par with the first game. Subjective tastes and all, but I can't get the torigoth theme out of my head (in a good way)

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Anyone else have an issue we’re the left Joycon seems to eat battery faster then the right? I charged both fully today and after using them for hours the right Joycon under the controller selection shows basically a full charge yet the left shows a little odd than half on the indicator. This was with playing Zelda all day.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

i am going to buy that banjo game for this switch

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I have no desire to play Xenoblade 2 but I think the soundtrack is really loving good. I can't say I like it more than the first game's but that's not really fair given I have context and memories to associate with that. If I had the same experience with Xenoblade 2 I'd probably like its songs just as much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEJXlNVl848
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_8CFi52Y58

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

im liking it but completely understand anyone playing XC2 who wants to get off the ride. there's a lot of poo poo that can and will easily frustrate you, things that clearly should have been touched up

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I am so glad chapter 4 of xbc2 is over. The bosses are cool tho

Highest Cactus
Jul 25, 2007

News: Mysterious illegal cookies seized. "Tastes terrible," says police.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Anyone else have an issue we’re the left Joycon seems to eat battery faster then the right? I charged both fully today and after using them for hours the right Joycon under the controller selection shows basically a full charge yet the left shows a little odd than half on the indicator. This was with playing Zelda all day.

Could be related to that interference issue they used to have. Maybe the joycon has a bad signal and is eating up battery trying to stay connected.

https://kotaku.com/nintendo-says-joycon-wireless-issues-were-caused-by-man-1793530147

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Yeah, it's probably the left Joycon compensating for a weak signal. It's odd, though, because Zelda uses the right Joycon for gyro aiming, which you think would drain more power.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

DoctorWhat posted:

Yeah, it's probably the left Joycon compensating for a weak signal. It's odd, though, because Zelda uses the right Joycon for gyro aiming, which you think would drain more power.

I think the drain would be pretty even, given that they're both probably tracking the gyro regardless, since it's likely part of the standard data packet the controller sends back to the console.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Internet Kraken posted:

I have no desire to play Xenoblade 2 but I think the soundtrack is really loving good. I can't say I like it more than the first game's but that's not really fair given I have context and memories to associate with that. If I had the same experience with Xenoblade 2 I'd probably like its songs just as much.

The music and setting are fantastic but so far no moment has equalled getting to Gaur Plains in xb1

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
People that say that XB2's music is bad are nuts

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

who said that

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

The skill curve is weird. It's like the hardest adventure game for 2 or 3 hours then it just settles in and next thing you know you're bare assed and whipping Lynel rear end with a pot lid.

As you fight enemies you learn the timing of their attacks and get used to countering/dodging and never taking damage.

It's the Dark Souls of Zelda games.

Internet Kraken posted:

Gaur Plains is still the best moment of a Xenoblade game for me. That music as you step out in to the giant open area and can see forever is such a wonderful combo.

Zanza's theme is rad too, as is You Will Know Our Name.

Calaveron posted:

The music and setting are fantastic but so far no moment has equalled getting to Gaur Plains in xb1

:hfive:

a.lo posted:

who said that

Probably people who think XCX's (city) music was good, because they are insane.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

yasunori mitsuda's name will ensure xb2 osts reputation but a lot of other dudes worked on it too, and its pretty great throughout

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
You Will Know Our Names is the most overrated song in Xenoblade Chronicles. Never liked it.

Mechanical Rhythm is a much better guitar song.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Infinitum posted:

Why isn't Slime-san more popular? Free DLC expansion!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzPcJovopcQ

Imma have to pick it up later I think :nyoron:

I never heard of this before now, but I love that chiptune theme. Is this a Good Game

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Got the 8Bitdo SN30 Pro today. It's a very neat little pro controller with the SNES dpad. I like it a lot!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I never heard of this before now, but I love that chiptune theme. Is this a Good Game

There is a demo on the eshop.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Little Mac posted:

Got the 8Bitdo SN30 Pro today. It's a very neat little pro controller with the SNES dpad. I like it a lot!

So excited to get mine but gotta wait for the dang holiday

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

LethalGeek posted:

So excited to get mine but gotta wait for the dang holiday

I have large hands so I think for most games I'll stick with the original Pro, but this will be great for virtual console stuff and it's great to have a second pro controller anyway (I man I also have six joycons - GIVE ME MARIO PARTY OR GIVE ME DEATH).

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Dr. VooDoo posted:

It is possible that you're just using it way more. I had this issue too, specifically with Zelda, and I chalked it up to just constantly using the left stick to run around and not really using the right's buttons nearly as much.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

I picked up Zelda again after the DLC2 release and decided to give master mode a try. Holy tits, is that totally unfun.

I like a challenge when it come to combat, but weapon durability becomes a huge pain in the rear end--I have to run away from every fight because I literally don't have enough weapons to deal with them.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection announced for PC/PS4/Switch/Xbox One at Capcom Cup.

https://twitter.com/streetfighter/status/939989924727595008

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Policenaut posted:

Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection announced for PC/PS4/Switch/Xbox One at Capcom Cup.

Didn’t something like this just come out
Like the 29th Anniversary Collection or something

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

They released a HD version of Street Fighter 2 on Switch this year but otherwise no, this is a collection of almost every 2D Street Fighter game that exists.

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT

404notfound posted:

I picked up Zelda again after the DLC2 release and decided to give master mode a try. Holy tits, is that totally unfun.

I like a challenge when it come to combat, but weapon durability becomes a huge pain in the rear end--I have to run away from every fight because I literally don't have enough weapons to deal with them.

Stick with it and make sure you are getting the chests from the floating octorock platforms. It’s really fun.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

almost every street fighter?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

So Street Fighter, SF2, SF2 Championship Edition, SF2 Hyper Fighting, Super SF2 The New Challengers, SSF2 Turbo (aka the only one that matters), all 3 of the Alpha games, SF3, SF3 Second Impact and motherfucking 3rd Strike. Online play in Hyper Fighting, SSF2 Turbo, Alpha 3 (that's gonna piss people off) and 3rd Strike which is smart to limit that to those 4. So it's basically every Street Fighter until 4 except Street Fighter The Movie, and the arcade versions of them as well which might throw off people used to SF2 on SNES.

empathe
Nov 9, 2003

>:|

Policenaut posted:

Unfortunately, SF is a 6 button game and so it basically requires a stick or special pad. It's going to suck on stock Switch controllers.
I need more Fighting game support before I go in for a stick.

beergod posted:

Stick with it and make sure you are getting the chests from the floating octorock platforms. It’s really fun.

Speaking of, I finished it and I thought it was going to make my Master Sword always useable, but it still runs out of juice... what did I even do this for?

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

njsykora posted:

So Street Fighter, SF2, SF2 Championship Edition, SF2 Hyper Fighting, Super SF2 The New Challengers, SSF2 Turbo (aka the only one that matters), all 3 of the Alpha games, SF3, SF3 Second Impact and motherfucking 3rd Strike. Online play in Hyper Fighting, SSF2 Turbo, Alpha 3 (that's gonna piss people off) and 3rd Strike which is smart to limit that to those 4. So it's basically every Street Fighter until 4 except Street Fighter The Movie, and the arcade versions of them as well which might throw off people used to SF2 on SNES.

Why is Alpha 3 online going to piss people off?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

a.lo posted:

almost every street fighter?

No Street Fighter 2010 but we can't have everything.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

beergod posted:

Don't listen to this guy. Master Mode is a miserable experience and should be skipped entirely.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Nephzinho posted:

Any time I hear people talk about Alpha, it's always about Alpha 2. I've never gotten the sense that Alpha 3 is that loved.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah most people are gonna want Alpha 2, 1 is just 2 but worse but 3 changed enough to be a different game.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Nephzinho posted:

Alpha 2 is the good alpha.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Japan loves Alpha 3 and America loves Alpha 2.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I never got into the Alpha titles, but what were the differences between 2 and 3 that has people split?

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Nephzinho posted:

Apparently it's super broken. Like, even by old arcade fighter standards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Alpha 3 is very broken

• Locked thread