Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Not that I think it will anything like this, but pre-screening Twitter impressions are absolutely worthless poo poo. Justice League too got 95 % positive review buzz on Twitter the week before it opened. That's what influencers and reviewers are allowed to post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
Another Reddit dude with photos of his passes and pictures from the after party corroborates some of the wackier stuff with Luke at the end.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Danger posted:

Another Reddit dude with photos of his passes and pictures from the after party corroborates some of the wackier stuff with Luke at the end.

Do you have a link? I don't see anything on starwarsleaks or the main starwars reddits.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Do you have a link? I don't see anything on starwarsleaks or the main starwars reddits.

There is stuff in the thread asking for spoilers, that seems pretty well lining up with the books and trailers: http://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/7itvn5/where_are_the_spoilers_at/dr1itd8

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
If Snoke dies then....this franchies is dead

Barudak
May 7, 2007

porfiria posted:

If Snoke dies then....this franchies is dead

Nah, if those spoilers are right it seems to be setting up an end of the trilogy where blood isnt whats important, the inheritance of ideology is.

Or itll suck which it will

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames

Decius posted:

There is stuff in the thread asking for spoilers, that seems pretty well lining up with the books and trailers: http://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/7itvn5/where_are_the_spoilers_at/dr1itd8

Can you summarize how detailed / movie ruining reading that would be?

edit: gently caress it, I'm out of this thread. Can't do it. Can't ruin it for myself.

edit 2: OH MY GOD WHY DID I GO BACK AND LOOK gently caress ME NO NO NO

Preston Waters fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Dec 10, 2017

Barudak
May 7, 2007

BarronsArtGallery posted:

Its all of the plot beats but no story if that makes sense

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
If those RPF spoilers are true, well, just lmao. Some dude corroborated them and posted pictures of his passes.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
If you die as a force ghost, you die in real life

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/HamillHimself/status/939979027925704704

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I want to see Hayden directed by a good director. Then I can judge him.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Does it sound like a good film? Not clicking.

E: clicked. Sounds like ESB rehash with some strange twists I'm not sure about.

Mantis42 fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Dec 11, 2017

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Mantis42 posted:

Does it sound like a good film? Not clicking

No idea. Spoilers are limited to terse plot points so far. But if these leaked plot points are true... :chloe:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Milky Moor posted:

No idea. Spoilers are limited to terse plot points so far. But if these leaked plot points are true... :chloe:

If true, some of the stranger plot elements sound like they’d be better in proper context.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

CelticPredator posted:

I want to see Hayden directed by a good director. Then I can judge him.

He was directed by Doug Liman in Jumper, and he was terrible in that.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I thought he was decent in Shattered Glass.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
This is when I take my leave from spoilers. Star Wars is basically the last franchise that I give a gently caress about big plot spoilers.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Timby posted:

The most memorable part of Jumper for me was when the film reel caught fire and the $1 Theater refunded our tickets. What an awful, awful movie.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

This is when I take my leave from spoilers. Star Wars is basically the last franchise that I give a gently caress about big plot spoilers.

.............but why be in this thread in the first place????

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Decius posted:

Not that I think it will anything like this, but pre-screening Twitter impressions are absolutely worthless poo poo. Justice League too got 95 % positive review buzz on Twitter the week before it opened. That's what influencers and reviewers are allowed to post.

patton oswalt's breathless praise of tfa after the premiere is really funny now

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

I find the DON'T LET ANYONE SPOIL THIS FOR YOU tv spot kind of hilarious in light of these leaks.

There's something so cynical about these new films.

Duckula
Aug 31, 2001

do not resuscitate

So is there a bigger Luke or what?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Timby posted:

To be fair everything was terrible in that movie.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Duckula posted:

So is there a bigger Luke or what?

Luke killed bigger Luke in that "dream" sequence in the magic tree, on Dagobah, you fake fan.

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

CelticPredator posted:

To be fair everything was terrible in that movie.

The drinking game is pretty good.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Decius posted:

Twitter reviews are dumb as hell yeah

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Phi230 posted:

im looking forward to the leaks more than the actual film

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Decius posted:

That's fuckin' hilarious. I would've at least expected them to switch it to Leia dying and Luke living. WTF are they gonna do now, another creepy all-CG Leia??

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Fly Molo posted:

That's fuckin' hilarious. I would've at least expected them to switch it to Leia dying and Luke living. WTF are they gonna do now, another creepy all-CG Leia??

It just follows the cycle since Anakin that all the Jedi-in-training are trained really loving poorly and really only given like a few days of pointers and then they die. At least the Sith have a dedicated rear end in a top hat teacher 24/7.

True enough. Wasn't a spoiler anyway.

Jiro fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Dec 11, 2017

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
Spoiler tags in this thread is REAL DUMB

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Jiro posted:

.............but why be in this thread in the first place????

Because very few big spoilers have come out until like, today.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian

Decius posted:

these people are labrador retrievers who are terrified of having their access to the next studio release revoked if they say something less than "OMG BLOWN AWAY"

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

these people are labrador retrievers who are terrified of having their access to the next studio release revoked if they say something less than "OMG BLOWN AWAY"

they also can't brook the notion of not saying anything at all, as their opinions are simply too important not to be shared with the world

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GonSmithe posted:

Spoiler tags in this thread is REAL DUMB

lol I wouldn't have, except

BarronsArtGallery posted:

edit: gently caress it, I'm out of this thread. Can't do it. Can't ruin it for myself.

edit 2: OH MY GOD WHY DID I GO BACK AND LOOK gently caress ME NO NO NO

some people ITT seem somewhat sensitive

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
Star Wars fans want to see themselves right to the brink of being spoiled then pull away only to do it again until they are spoiled by Luke dying and instantly filled with shame and humiliation; thinking about what their family would think if they saw them at this moment.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

It’s like edging

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Fly Molo posted:

lol I wouldn't have, except

some people ITT seem somewhat sensitive

The entire point of this thread is to talk about the new Star Wars movie with no spoiler tags or having to dance around spoilers. If you want to do that, there's another awful star wars thread here.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
For a spoiler thread, no one is actually posting spoilers and are just linking to the same made up stories.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Szmitten posted:

For a spoiler thread, no one is actually posting spoilers and are just linking to the same made up stories.

That's all that's out there.

Currently, I'm on the side of Kylo Kills Snoke, Luke Dies, Yoda Appears, and whatever that nonsense is being legitimate, though. Mainly because no one has discredited it beyond "But the children's book doesn't say Yoda shows up!!" And someone posted the same sort of thing together with an image of entrance passes.

I think there's another lot of preview screenings today, though, so that might change when someone actually can give more concrete details.

Any 'spoiler thread' anywhere right now is a weird combination of minimal details and absolutely mental sectarian arguments about which set of minimal details you should believe. People are 'debunking' the spoilers and people are 'debunking' those explanations in turn.

Disney's got this stuff on lock. I think they've thrown a lot of noise out during the production process to obscure as much as possible someone picking out the TLJ signal so to speak.

Milkfred E. Moore fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Dec 11, 2017

• Locked thread