Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Dexo posted:

New Series: Monster Arms Dealer

http://readms.net/r/mad/01/4727/1

What if the real enemy was humanity?

That was neat. Apparently that was a test chapter MS gave to a new translator so they're not gonna keep going but I'd be interested in seeing more of it, so hopefully someone else decides to pick it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Tell's mask is pretty cool. That's the first one-shot since the KnB dude's one-shot about the badass archer guy that I've liked.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Apparently its already dead. Only got 4 chapters.

I found it hella bland tbh

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Apparently its already dead. Only got 4 chapters.

drat, really? Looking into comments and stuff it seems like it could've been a victim of whatever reshuffling went on with the magazine it was in, it was kind of difficult to parse what exactly was going on when I looked it up just now. Or people just didn't like it, idk. Hopefully someone does the other 3 chapters at least, would be nice to see where it was headed.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Dexo posted:

New Series: Monster Arms Dealer

http://readms.net/r/mad/01/4727/1

What if the real enemy was humanity?

Unfortunately mangastream isn't going to do the rest of the Manga. Looks nice

Galvanik
Feb 28, 2013

I liked the guy's mask because I could pretend Tell was a burnt out old bastard, rather than the sexy 18 year old I know he actually would have turned out to be.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
We never learn spoilers

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

Dexo posted:

We never learn spoilers

:aaaaa: Hell of a way to find out about a new chapter.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

The fact that Nariyuki was able to accurately guess EXACTLY what happened to Sensei's clothing was the best part.

"It's humiliating in its own way that you know me that well..."

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Link to the abovementioned new chapter of We Can't Study - https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/we-can-t-study/en/0/41/page/1

Bah, it was a fake-out. :(

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

JosephWongKS posted:

Bah, it was a fake-out. :(

Was there ever any doubt?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Your first mistake was expecting anything to happen in a harem romcom.

But then that's why the title is We Never Learn.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Against school rules to eat food on the way home? Is that a real thing?

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

chumbler posted:

Your first mistake was expecting anything to happen in a harem romcom.

But then that's why the title is We Never Learn.

Indeed, I hadn't learned.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I'm still reading Kimetsu no Yaiba and MC remains his optimistic self despite all the PTSD he exp in life and I find it inspirational.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
all 3 of them are very good boys

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012

RatHat posted:

Against school rules to eat food on the way home? Is that a real thing?

I think the reasoning for that is they want to prevent kids from loitering around after school (in, say, a fast food place, or a convenience store) and just go straight home where they wont potentially cause trouble for people while wearing a uniform that clearly identifies them.

I didnt go to a japanese high school, but private schools with uniforms tend to have a similar rule like 'while you're in uniform you're basically representatives of the school so don't do anything stupid that'll make us look bad.'

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I think I'm on team tiny senpai, because I pick the doomed ships (which in this case is all of them, to be fair).

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I am so happy you guys posted links to Jaiminisbox.

I first read We Can't Study on Mangastream, but they dropped it after a few chapters. :(

I didn't know another group was translating it. It's friggin adorable. So binge reading/catching up it now.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I checked out the latest chapter of Astra Lost in Space, and the series is ending in 2 chapters.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
New We Can't Study - https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/we-can-t-study/en/0/42/page/1

The roster has worked its way back round to Uruka.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I hope the english WSJ picks Golem Hearts back up again.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

JosephWongKS posted:

New We Can't Study - https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/we-can-t-study/en/0/42/page/1

The roster has worked its way back round to Uruka.

Best wingwomen itt.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Mikl posted:

Best wingwomen itt.

At least better than Yuiga's wingmen.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

That was really cute. Sports manga are so pure.

It's a shame they didn't scan the full WNL/Yuuna crossover poster. It's pure cheesecake, but it has some cute little character moments like Fumino studying in the bath and Ogata writing sciencey stuff on a window.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

That was really cute. Sports manga are so pure.

It's a shame they didn't scan the full WNL/Yuuna crossover poster. It's pure cheesecake, but it has some cute little character moments like Fumino studying in the bath and Ogata writing sciencey stuff on a window.

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Yuragi-sou-no-Yuuna-san/Ch-090--Let-s-Study--Hibari-chan?id=392790#2

NSFW unless your workplace is okay with barely censored anime tiddies

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Super Eyepatch Wolf recently made a video about Shonen Jump 30 years ago that was insightful. If you'll excuse me, I'm going to track down the series Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Mraagvpeine posted:

Super Eyepatch Wolf recently made a video about Shonen Jump 30 years ago that was insightful. If you'll excuse me, I'm going to track down the series Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin.

http://chipandironicus.com/videos/anime/1.html

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Mraagvpeine posted:

I have never seen or read Gin, but I know the best fun fact about it and that is that the sequel series starring his son is called Ginga Legend WEED.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
New We Can't Study - https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/we-can-t-study/en/0/43/page/1

Fake-out confessions ahoy!

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
How long are they going to dance around this?

Fun chapter though

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Darth TNT posted:

How long are they going to dance around this?

Fun chapter though

uh, it's a shounen romance manga, so until the last 10 chapters or so?

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Unlike some other tropey romcoms (Nisekoi) the main character is likeable and a good dude and all of the girls are extremely good so I will accept all of the prolonging nonsense the author wants to throw in there as long as it continues being this cute and entertaining.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Unlike some other tropey romcoms (Nisekoi) the main character is likeable and a good dude and all of the girls are extremely good so I will accept all of the prolonging nonsense the author wants to throw in there as long as it continues being this cute and entertaining.

Absolutely. I rather like all characters and most of the stuff is adorable and quite funny. I hope everyone gets their best match at the end. :ohdear:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
man, I'm usually good with all of these romcom shonens, I've come to expect a certain amount of obliviousness is necessary for one of these series to operate.

But no loving way is it possible for someone to be thaaaat oblivious.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Dexo posted:

this is the tagline for the whole genre

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Dexo posted:

man, I'm usually good with all of these romcom shonens, I've come to expect a certain amount of obliviousness is necessary for one of these series to operate.

Ever read any of the "what blatantly obvious signals did you miss from women" threads on AskReddit?

khy
Aug 15, 2005

I've been spoiled by Jitsu Wa Watashi Wa where the MC hooks up with the main girl halfway through the run, so while I know that We Never Learn won't follow suit a part of me still wants it to.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The mangaka behind Angel Legend and Claymore returns with a new series!

Soukyuu no Ariadne

The art's a lot different from what it used to be like, I think, though that might be cause I never read Claymore.

Apparently it was released as a one-shot before, and is now getting a proper series.

khy posted:

I've been spoiled by Jitsu Wa Watashi Wa where the MC hooks up with the main girl halfway through the run, so while I know that We Never Learn won't follow suit a part of me still wants it to.

Truthism was a series where the MC was already in love with a girl from the beginning, so nobody else ever had a chance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

this looks a lot better than claymore did, tho I really didn't like how claymore looked so I'm probably biased

what kind of monster names their daughter meme