Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

axeil posted:

I really enjoy the art on these.

That's Avatar worthy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

El Patron posted:

Looking forward to this one, I don't think Goff will be able to evade the pressure like Wilson, christ nobody is as good as Wilson at evading it, even Newton was more manageable.

He won't be able to evade the pressure like Wilson, but he may be able to avoid the pressure like Eli (quick passes).

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
That was an impressive fourth quarter meltdown by the Giants.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Eagles are cooked

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Buckle Up, Frauds :getin:

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.

:hai:

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
An entire city just poo poo its pants.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

axeil are you ok?

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

It's straight up become a bad comedy at this point. Olines facing the Cowboys play like they know they won't be called for holding

which hey, they may as well

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
It's almost like the league hates the Cowboys now.

Which is funny, because they've played bad enough even without refs dunkin' on em.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
So that penalty may end up hurting the Eagles depending on how the clock works out, which seems fair because it was a bullshit call.

e: oops, wt

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/940020375198498817

welp

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
NFC East Champs bitches!

Anything else is just bonus.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

...but what if Philly signed Kapernick?

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Carson Wentz died for our sins

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Please please please be a really bad sprain :pray:

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
I'd be all for signing Kaepernick if he was definitively better than Foles. But he's not, and the Eagles don't need the distraction of that kind of media event for a Foles backup.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

NotWearingPants posted:

I'd be all for signing Kaepernick if he was definitively better than Foles. But he's not, and the Eagles don't need the distraction of that kind of media event for a Foles backup.

That's unfair to Kaep and they still need a backup

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
i hope foles still has his 2013 bullshit magic in him.

we are gonna need it. :rip: carson

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
I miss this guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkNs8VTn5YU

It's an omen that Foles will return to 27-2 form that Shady did this today.

a new study bible! posted:

...but what if Philly signed Kapernick?

Lurie is definitely more in the sympathy to the protests camp of owners but I think the lawsuit just makes it impossible.

FuriousxGeorge fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Dec 11, 2017

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

FuriousxGeorge posted:

I miss this guy.

Following this logic to its conclusion, the Eagles will play the Saints in the playoffs.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
Yeah but there will be no Darren Sproles bullshit this time.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

FuriousxGeorge posted:

I miss this guy.

Lurie is definitely more in the sympathy to the protests camp of owners but I think the lawsuit just makes it impossible.

I know it's probably bad for Philly overall. I legit believe in Nick Foles.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

FuriousxGeorge posted:

Yeah but there will be no Darren Sproles bullshit this time.

I am praying it's just a sprain and this season will be like 2003 where we had AJ Feeley doing AJ Feeley things till McNabb came back but I know that's probably not the case.

I'm trying to talk myself into believing in Nick Foles (again). Help.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

axeil posted:

He played for Andy Reid, then with Reid again in KC, and now he's been in the quarterback room with Reid's protegee for the entire season. He should be comfortable with the offense. I think he needs some time taking snaps with the first team and he'll be fine, as long as the Eagles are able to keep having success running the ball.

He's like a Dak Prescott. He's capable of performing well as long as everyone around him is excelling.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

NotWearingPants posted:

He played for Andy Reid, then with Reid again in KC, and now he's been in the quarterback room with Reid's protegee for the entire season. He should be comfortable with the offense. I think he needs some time taking snaps with the first team and he'll be fine, as long as the Eagles are able to keep having success running the ball.

:shepface:

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

axeil posted:

Following the magic of 2013, Ch*p K*lly released D-Jax and Nick Foles really only had Jeremy Maclin to throw to (also rookie Jordan Matthews and 2nd year Zach Ertz). Despite the statistical decline, he went 6-2 in 2014 before being injured. In 2013 he was 9-1 as a starter.

The next year he was traded to Jeff Fischer, so you can guess how that went (see: Jared Goff).

He played 2 games in 2016 under KC and won both, throwing 3Tds and no interceptions in the process.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

5+ YPC is really good

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

When you think about 2014 as the year that Chip Kelly detonated the Eagles and 2015 as the year he played under the losingest coach in NFL history, Nick Foles starts to look pretty drat okay, IMO.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Harlock posted:

5+ YPC is really good

Ajayi bringing down his average since coming to the Eagles, but he will still probably be over 6 YPC.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

NotWearingPants posted:

He's like a Dak Prescott. He's capable of performing well as long as everyone around him is excelling.

It's like 2003 all over again and I'm having to hype myself up for Koy Detmer/AJ Feeley.

:ohdear:

Although I will admit the chance for Nick Foles to get his revenge and prove he's good would be wonderful. I always thought he got a bad rap...

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Besides Wentz going down for probably the season can we talk about two other Eagles things?

1) Why are half of their snaps from shotgun so goddamn low to the point where Wentz just seems fine picking them up off his shoes
2) Blount looks slow and incapable of making a play happen after first contact and it’s bumming me out

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Yodzilla posted:

Besides Wentz going down for probably the season can we talk about two other Eagles things?

1) Why are half of their snaps from shotgun so goddamn low to the point where Wentz just seems fine picking them up off his shoes
2) Blount looks slow and incapable of making a play happen after first contact and it’s bumming me out

1. Yeah I have no idea what the gently caress is up with that. Gave me a heart attack half a dozen times.
2. Well, that's why we brought in Ajayi. Clement looks legit too.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

The ultimate lol will be if Foles plays well enough to be traded for a second rounder.

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger

Yodzilla posted:

1. Kelce needs to get good
2. I think this was the knock on him when they signed him and that ppl were saying he was going to be a bust as an RB1

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

a new study bible! posted:

The ultimate lol will be if Foles plays well enough to be traded for a second rounder.

I WANT TO BELIEVE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTPhTV_HHpw

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
I'm going to miss the Carson Wentz magic escape acts. We can't expect to see any of that from Foles.

axeil posted:

2. Well, that's why we brought in Ajayi. Clement looks legit too.

Pretty much a 50%, 25%, 25% split for Ajayi, Blount and Clement today. I like that ratio.

e: also, you guys know the Sixers are on, right?

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

NotWearingPants posted:

e: also, you guys know the Sixers are on, right?

I'm a Wizards fan :smith:

Stupid clocks...

edit: https://instagram.com/p/BcizoAnALPI/

Let's read some tea leaves! He looks pretty drat happy for a guy who's going to miss the rest of the year. Maybe he's fine!

:ohdear:

axeil fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Dec 11, 2017

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I've started typing like 3 different posts that all end in the conclusion that Foles might be better than Wentz at purely throwing the ball, but I think I might just be high on my own supply.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I believe in Nickfolean Dynamite.

• Locked thread