Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Main Paineframe posted:

The answer is that in the Fate universe, basically every rule exists solely so that someone can break it. There's exceptions and cheaters to basically every little thing, ranging from the rules of the Holy Grail to even the fundamental laws and principles of magic itself.

though of course in the case of FGO it's mostly "it's a gacha game, so the setting contrives that we can put in p much anyone"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
And I'm done.

Spending the rest of the event farming 10 AP for horseshoes.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

UchihaHirou posted:

And I'm done.

Spending the rest of the event farming 10 AP for horseshoes.

:stare:

When did you sleep?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Looks at my 6 boxes

Mmm, I'm fine.

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

I just finished another 40 AP run... at least, I cleared all three stages, and now apparently my squad has figuratively and literally decided to just chill. The screen is stuck on the close-up of the party right before the exp and loot screens should show up, and my squad is just standing there in the middle of the snowstorm. I figured the game was probably about to crash, since it tends to do that after I've had it running for a few hours, but getting stuck is a new one. Probably won't be a big deal to just force-quit and "resume" the battle.

And I've cleared a measly 15 boxes. In my case, the limiting factor is just my old eyes get tired quicker than they used to, so I take breaks and go do other things while they recharge. Should be able to get at least a few more before this ends, though.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I got to 38 and some change. Could have maybe hit 50 if I emptied out all of my apples but I had reached a point where I had mostly maxed out all the skills and ascensions I could have managed with the event with 100+ extra of the currencies lying around so it felt like diminishing returns.

All in all I actually kind of liked this event, compared to the last couple. Because it was based on using a ton of apples from the outset there wasn't much stress about being able to clear out the shop or not, it was all just a matter of time and then whatever boxes you were able to get afterwards was a super nice bonus. Not being 2 weeks was also kind of nice, all told.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
I can't believe after farming 22 boxes I'm still out of Dragon Fangs

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
Looking like I'll end up on ~33 boxes. That's fine with me, still have plenty of apples left for if I can't manage a later event.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

ZiegeDame posted:

:stare:

When did you sleep?

I didn't worry about sock efficiency and started before even getting Santa Alter. I did a few boxes each day and had 50 boxes just before Santa Alter dropped.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Ran out of gold apples at 20 boxes and gonna save the bronze ones for London. The raffle box is super good and it got my Drake from second ascension to max level.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
This better not be the general trend of things. I like this game but not enough to grind that much.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Tired Moritz posted:

This better not be the general trend of things. I like this game but not enough to grind that much.

Next lottery will be the Da Vinci event come April.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Don't they introduce a cap on how many times you can refill the lotto box after this one?

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
gifts: good civilization

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Clawtopsy posted:

gifts: good civilization

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I had a bunch of apples ready and then realized I really don't feel like grinding so I just held onto my stash

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

you didn't have to grind in this one. getting the salter tickets and mats was easy ad then you just do as much as you want

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Don't they introduce a cap on how many times you can refill the lotto box after this one?

Only for Event Reruns, so far.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

I'm on my 6th box (haven't started the process of rolling it though :f5:), but I have enough stockings to open another 9 after it, and I'm satisfied with that.

In typical fashion, I just got my first HNS CE drop, like an hour before the event ends. I'm correct in thinking that there's no reason to not MLB it now, right?

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
I thought I had until Monday so I'm scrambling, fuuuuck

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I opened 32 boxes and currently have the socks for 20 more sitting in inventory. 2 Apples left when all is said and done.

I'll deal with it a bit later. A bit tapped out right now.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
I got like, 10 boxes and feel pretty happy with that. :effort:

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
18 boxes or so here. Still have a large number of spare apples but I just don't really have the time.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!
I completed 15 boxes, and I’m pretty happy with that.
I never got a HNS drop, so cant mlb it. Bit bitter about that, but I haven’t actually had any event CE drops for I believe any of the events. So just shite luck on my part.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

21 boxes, this was my favorite event so far

so many servants got levelled...

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
17 and a half box. Here's my updated list of Max Ascension Servants:

- Waver
- Vlad
- Altria Alter
- Altria Lily
- Atalante
- Stheno
- Hercules
- Robin Hood
- Hektor
- Romulus
- Medusa
- Kiyohime
- Leonidas
- Benkei
- George
- Hassan
- Arash
- Kojiro
- Asterios

That's a lot!

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Poor Gilles, even his app startup servant info page is bland.

Only managed to clear 16 1/2 boxes. I wanted more, but :effort:

Dante Logos
Dec 31, 2010
I only cleared a box and a half but only because I managed to clear the first hurdle in Camelot in the JPN version. Blitzing through the rest is a bit time consuming. But I’m ready for Christmas 2017 at least.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

I only cleared 11 and a half boxes. 50 seems insane.

Badingading
Sep 2, 2011

I was busy for most of the weekend so I only managed 17 boxes and change. Probably wouldn't have gotten much more than that before getting tired of the grind, though.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Only got mostly through 11 boxes here. Meant to grind a bunch today, but suddenly had a lot of RL work I needed to get done RIGHT NOW materialize today, so wasn't actually able to do so. Ah well, still a decent amount of stuff.

AtheistMantis
Oct 5, 2014
Just got a HNS to drop in one of my last few runs. Should I MLB it or keep 5 around for the rerun?

Only opened a couple boxes to NP5 Santa, have enough socks to open 20 more. Now moving on from grinding hell to repeat clicking hell. Perfect time to catch up on apocrypha.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

AtheistMantis posted:

Just got a HNS to drop in one of my last few runs. Should I MLB it or keep 5 around for the rerun?

Only opened a couple boxes to NP5 Santa, have enough socks to open 20 more. Now moving on from grinding hell to repeat clicking hell. Perfect time to catch up on apocrypha.

MLB it, there will be more in the shop during the rerun

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

I ended up clearing 28 boxes and I'm fine with that amount. Pretty much done with preparing my servants for Saber Wars (only need more Saber Monuments to ascend Artoria and Saber Lily), and leveled my servants skills a ton, so that's neat.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.
Spent every apple I had and ended up emptying 73 boxes. I might have been able to get a few more if I'd used fewer apples early in the event and saved them for when Santa and the 50 AP showed up, but spreading out the grind seemed more important.

I also got enough CE drops to get two MLB copies. It's a pity they seem worse than Imaginary Around for most Servants I can imagine using them on.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

fate/apocrypha is on australian netflix now, i am going to go watch it

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

aw yiss it's jeanne

that opening scene was pretty loving hype, not gonna lie

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
did 9 boxes off of "my ap is full, time to do another 40ap" and used some bronze apples when i was REALLY FEELING IT

all these gold apples can towards uhh. can we have 1/2 off embers again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

wow this lady is thirsty af for trap knight

e: fran :kimchi:

Clawtopsy fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Dec 11, 2017