Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cactus Ghost

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

if you haven’t read The Martian it’s a fun read. the movie mostly did it justice but left a lot out for running time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."

UWBW posted:

If you haven't read Liminal States, you owe it to yourself to read Liminal States.
this book is depressing

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

Manifisto

alnilam posted:

what kinda vooks do u like

uh, good ones?

srs though that's a little hard to answer, it depends on my mood, and also if it's a "good" book the genre / subject matter doesn't necessarily matter so much.

alnilam posted:

maybe consider the anthology 10th of December by George saunders

ya I was actually looking at saunders anthologies and I guess this is a pretty well-known one?

UWBW posted:

If you haven't read Liminal States, you owe it to yourself to read Liminal States.

ty I have not read it and will look into it!

OMGVBFLOL posted:

if you haven’t read The Martian it’s a fun read. the movie mostly did it justice but left a lot out for running time

saw the film but didn't read the book, but I've heard it well spoken of. also a good idea, thanks!

ty nesamdoom!

Cactus Ghost

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

i would also recommend the hugo award nominated classic sci fi story Space Raptor Butt Invasion by Chuck Tingle

Manifisto

OMGVBFLOL posted:

i would also recommend the hugo award nominated classic sci fi story Space Raptor Butt Invasion by Chuck Tingle

I feel like buying a chuck tingle book would be anticlimactic

how can the books possibly live up to the titles?

ty nesamdoom!

byob historian

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Manifisto posted:

I feel like buying a chuck tingle book would be anticlimactic

how can the books possibly live up to the titles?

with graphic descriptions of buttsex with inanimate objects given life and impressively sized genitalia i reckon :shrug:

cda

by Hand Knit

alnilam posted:

This is straight up one of the best short story collections of all time. Top notch.

cda

by Hand Knit
I read a whole hell of a lot of books. Here are some recent ones I enjoyed

Lighthead, Terrance Hayes -- poems, real good
The works of Aristophanes -- plays, real good, hadn't read any except Lysistrata (real good) before. Other ones I really liked were Wasps, The Sexual Congress (Thesmophoriazusae, which is usually translated differently but I like the title the translation I read used) and Wealth.
Mythologies, Roland Barthes -- essays, read this one before, still real good

SIDS Vicious

This little man did not like meeting Santa

sockingtonsworth

we can’t be sure of that

cda

by Hand Knit

Sid Vicious posted:

What I've learned from the mall is that children hate Santa

Robot Made of Meat

Sid Vicious posted:

Aww. Well, it's good you found your avatar back.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

alnilam

sockingtonsworth posted:

we can’t be sure of that

Manifisto

alnilam posted:

cda posted:

This is straight up one of the best short story collections of all time. Top notch.

sold! the other recommendations are much appreciated however, I'll keep them in mind

SIDS Vicious

Robot Made of Meat posted:

Aww. Well, it's good you found your avatar back.

I actually have no idea where it came from and would like to thank whoever did it

funmanguy

What time is it?

FluffieDuckie posted:

welcome funmanguy. i'm glad you won't get fired for reading byob. that would be tragic

Thank you Miss Duckie (Mrs? Dr? Professor Duckie?)

UWBW posted:

Guys guys I got hired, I'm an IT professional now. Maybe it's the Kraken 94 proof rum that's making me post this, but I'm happy as poo poo right now and just want to scream.

Nice friend. I did the same against recently. Its very good and I am happy for you

Munchables

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

Clouds by Aristophenes is real good and funny, I also recommend the Prose Edda as a good read

POOL IS CLOSED

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
The Traitor Baru Cormorant was written by a goon and is quite good!

now i am caught up with chat, and am no longer a lurk

brought 2 u by Manifisto, mastercraftsposter of sigs

Twenty Four

Tonight driving around I saw 3 christmas parades, all unofficial community deals that were just happening in a couple of neighborhoods.

The first was a boat parade, about 10 boats, all lit up with lights on a small private man made lake.

The second one was a little bicycle parade, also lit up, of maybe half a dozen bikes, and they were watching the boats.

The last one was a short ways away in a retirement community, and had maybe 20 or 30 golf carts done up with lights, and stretched pretty long just putting along down the road.

I thought it was pretty cool and felt lucky to just happen to stumble upon them!

Manifisto

Twenty Four posted:

Tonight driving around I saw 3 christmas parades, all unofficial community deals that were just happening in a couple of neighborhoods.

The first was a boat parade, about 10 boats, all lit up with lights on a small private man made lake.

The second one was a little bicycle parade, also lit up, of maybe half a dozen bikes, and they were watching the boats.

The last one was a short ways away in a retirement community, and had maybe 20 or 30 golf carts done up with lights, and stretched pretty long just putting along down the road.

I thought it was pretty cool and felt lucky to just happen to stumble upon them!

very cool!

maybe byob should have a parade?

that's a potential thread idea, I think

ty nesamdoom!

Koishi Komeiji

Manifisto posted:

very cool!

maybe byob should have a parade?

that's a potential thread idea, I think

One could argue that every thread in byob is a parade of cute avs and chill musings.

byob historian

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Koishi Komeiji posted:

One could argue that every thread in byob is a parade of cute avs and chill musings.

lets not argue! :)

City of Glompton

those christmas parades sound wonderful!

today I'm getting a christmas tree, finishing some presents and probably baking some cookies. it's gonna be chill & cozy.

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

alnilam

I just saw princess mononoke for the manyeth time but on the big screen which was cool

it's such a good mo vie

City of Glompton

it's . hey how are pepper and penny btw, I was thinking about them the other day.

also guys I got a tree but the trunk is too small for the tree stand??

either I gotta kludge it or I gotta buy a new tree stand.

anyhow I'm gettin ready to make cookies, pretty good stuff imo

Putty

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

alnilam

City of Glompton posted:

it's . hey how are pepper and penny btw, I was thinking about them the other day.

also guys I got a tree but the trunk is too small for the tree stand??

either I gotta kludge it or I gotta buy a new tree stand.

anyhow I'm gettin ready to make cookies, pretty good stuff imo

they're great! pepper is going thru her first adult molt and 2 weeks ago she looked soooo sad but now she's starting to look a little more normal and she's npot hiding from the wind as much anymore

when it first began i bought a bag of mealworms to help her thru it with mor eprotein and i'd like to think it's helped bc she has pushed thru her molt really fast :3:

ty manifisto

City of Glompton

aww, that's good. poor baby, what a tough time for molting.

cookie update: it is NOT CHILL at all, my favorite recipe is failing me (or Im failing me?), my dough is too dry, I'm angry and confused

alnilam

if dough too dry, add a little water??

ty manifisto

I Dunno

Howdy :clint:

alnilam posted:

I just saw princess mononoke for the manyeth time but on the big screen which was cool

it's such a good mo vie

I saw this in a theater at the beginning of the year for the 20th anniversary. Was p cool.

Robot Made of Meat

I Dunno posted:

Howdy :clint:

I saw this in a theater at the beginning of the year for the 20th anniversary. Was p cool.

Welcome and hello, I Dunno!

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

City of Glompton

alnilam posted:

if dough too dry, add a little water??

it no work

I think I overmixed because I tried to do a double batch :(

I've learned my lesson and will be trying again

Manifisto

City of Glompton posted:

it no work

aw man :(

if you need someone to take those defective cookies off your hands, I bet some yobbers might be willing to fall on that grenade for you

ty nesamdoom!

sockingtonsworth

what are some shows that yall wish you could watch again for the first time

-xavier renegade angel
-marble hornets
-i also wish i could watch no country for old men again for the first time even though its a movie
-i was gonna say arrested development but that kinda just gets better on a returning viewing

FluffieDuckie

City of Glompton posted:

it no work

I don’t think I’ve ever successfully doubled a recipe in my life. I don’t think ingredients understand math.

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

made Jake churros. kind of. there was an incident and now they're like this. these are churros now.

Koishi Komeiji

sockingtonsworth posted:

-xavier renegade angel
-marble hornets
-i also wish i could watch no country for old men again for the first time even though its a movie
-i was gonna say arrested development but that kinda just gets better on a returning viewing

Venture Brothers
Invader Zim
Moonbeam City

Starman Super DX

This title text is surprisingly sturdy.

hamjobs posted:

made Jake churros. kind of. there was an incident and now they're like this. these are churros now.

The media would have you believe that Churros are tubular mexican donuts but true american churros actually look a lot more like cinnamon buns!

Tell me more!
btw ty Birdcon for the sweet spring sig

funmanguy

What time is it?

sockingtonsworth posted:

-xavier renegade angel
-marble hornets

i wish i could play stardew valley again for the first time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twenty Four

I am on a roll with makeshift unofficial holiday "parades" or caravans or whatever you might call them. More then I have ever seen in a couple of days in my life. After the previous night, tonight I saw about a dozen dune buggies all lit up in lights cruising down the road together.

Most of them had those flags for off road visibility that go like 10 feet up in the air with lights running up and down them so it made for some fun dazzle both in height and the length of all the buggies.

Good stuff!