Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

:barf: posted:

The corrupt Deep State media painted Donald Trump as a sexual predator, a friend of the KKK, or even a ‘Nazi.’ Some on the left were whipped into a frenzy and claimed the world as we knew it would come to an end if the ‘orange monster’ somehow got elected.

To prevent that disastrous occurrence, a parade of women were trotted out of the woodwork to accuse Trump of sexual assault. They were all liars. Their lies may have had some efficacy in the past, but fortunately in the age of the Internet, the truth can be found and Trump became president.

Apparently, the Deep State has no other playbook. They’re now using the same lying, dirty tactics against Roy Moore. Moore wants to make America great again and does not mouth the usual politically correct platitudes. He’s not part of the Deep State, so their operatives are doing their best to keep him out of the Senate.

I think they will fail again, but just in case, I drew another cartoon to support his election.

–Ben Garrison

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scatsby
Dec 25, 2007

T-man posted:

I also enjoyed SMBC in middle school.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unite_the_Right_rally

(I still do, but c'mon half his work is "truth in the middle" style stuff.)

First, SMBC is barely political. He makes a lot of jokes about political, social, and economic theories, but it's not really political. On the rare occasions when it does get political, it tends to be pretty thoughtful. I know it's trendy to poo poo on "truth is in the middle" people, but that label only make sense when criticizing intellectual lazy people who resort to that phrase in lieu of having their own opinions, which Zach Wiener is not.

Second, just mentioning the name of the town and of the rally does not constitute some sick slam dunk on the author or his comic about health care. It was the site of a nationally organized rally that happened to take place there, simply because it was one of many places that elected to remove a confederate monument.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

*Dr. Sam Beckett leaps into Ben Garrison, looks down to see he is drawing this cartoon* Oh boy.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Smbc has sucked ever since he got away from clever single panel comics and started doing wordy "here's a joke for your stem friends" multi panel nightmares

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Check out the size of the gun Garrison gave Moore.

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

The only "War on Christmas" is the war Christmas started. I heard Christmas songs and saw Christmas decorations in stores in Ocfuckingtober. Thanksgiving has fallen, Halloween is only holding out through massive candy bombardments, and the "Christmas in July" offensive has opened up the war on a new front. I say burn the entire loving holiday down.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Hoo-boy. "Family values" Really, Ben? Really?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Ben Garrison posted:

Their lies may have had some efficacy in the past, but fortunately in the age of the Internet, the truth can be found 

Because as we all know, people took sexual assault allegations so seriously in the past. :fuckoff:

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

*Dr. Sam Beckett leaps into Ben Garrison, looks down to see he is drawing this cartoon* Oh boy.
*opens the closet and looks in the mirror*

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

Nap Ghost

frankenfreak posted:

*opens the closet and looks in the mirror*

"I'm Montanan??"

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I don't want to go down what I imagine is some weird conspiracy rabbit hole, so can someone enlighten me on this new buzzword "Deep State"? Where did it come from?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I don't want to go down what I imagine is some weird conspiracy rabbit hole, so can someone enlighten me on this new buzzword "Deep State"? Where did it come from?

It means The Jews. The term manifested when the alt-right realized they couldn't credibly claim an Other is keeping them down when their prefered candidate is president and his party controls the house and senate. So now it's The Secret Jews who run the government from the shadows who are the bad guys. Trump is still an underdog and a victim, everyone!

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

It means The Jews. The term manifested when the alt-right realized they couldn't credibly claim an Other is keeping them down when their prefered candidate is president and his party controls the house and senate. So now it's The Secret Jews who run the government from the shadows who are the bad guys. Trump is still an underdog and a victim, everyone!

That explains why Israeli pundits keep using it about the Israeli government too.

e: well, the evil secret government that stops Bibi from Making Israel Great Again

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

MrUnderbridge posted:

Hoo-boy. "Family values" Really, Ben? Really?

"Rule of Law" is even funnier, when he is literally famous for ignoring it. It's written on a reference to the ignoring it he did, even!

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
To be fair, the term "deep state" originated in Turkey where there was actually a shadowy anti-democratic cabal of military officers, intelligence agents, and industrialists who used bribery, intimidation, and violence and had a significant influence on Turkish politics from like the 70's to the 00's. That doesn't really exist in the US, though.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Lurdiak posted:

Thanks, that's terrible and pathetic of them.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe
Mueller must be getting really close now.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

100YrsofAttitude posted:

It basically means the civil service, which Trump cannot control because they are regular employees selected for their credentials and skills, and not appointed or chosen by him. They owe him nothing and generally do not care about which party is in power, because they have long-term jobs to do. For example, when a bunch of people in the Trump campaign failed to meet security clearance, that was the DEEP STATE!!!! because some generic fbi career dudes blandly looked into them and found they didn't meet the non-partisan requirements of seeing top secret information. DEEP STATE!!!!!

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

Nap Ghost
Really all you need to know is that the "deep state" is the excuse for why the Best Big Strong Dad President is so impotent and useless.

Keiya posted:

"Rule of Law" is even funnier, when he is literally famous for ignoring it. It's written on a reference to the ignoring it he did, even!

Ben Garrison labels a chaste yearbook love note "Lies" with his ham hands, the "Lies" are foreverially minimized and loving it

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Pakled posted:

To be fair, the term "deep state" originated in Turkey where there was actually a shadowy anti-democratic cabal of military officers, intelligence agents, and industrialists who used bribery, intimidation, and violence and had a significant influence on Turkish politics from like the 70's to the 00's. That doesn't really exist in the US, though.
One way to phrase things. Another is that the secular military and intelligence tried to prevent an Islamic takeover of Turkey and preserve Ataturkism.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
For example, the accountants who ruled that building a wall without funding it first isn't possible are the DEEP STATE. They oppose Trump's every move with their legal obligation to not make up numbers or falsify documents! Of course, those same CPA people would be fine with working out the numbers on contractors and so on for the wall if it was actually funded, because it's just a job and then they go home.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Xander77 posted:

One way to phrase things. Another is that the secular military and intelligence tried to prevent an Islamic takeover of Turkey and preserve Ataturkism.

And they've failed.

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

Trogdos! posted:

I think they will fail again, but just in case

No one mentioned Garrison's sheer aggrandizement here with all the other terrible poo poo about his cartoon, but he thinks he can give Moore the crucial percentage points he needs to win.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Does Ben know that Trump was against Moore in the primary? Nah?

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Zemyla posted:

No one mentioned Garrison's sheer aggrandizement here with all the other terrible poo poo about his cartoon, but he thinks he can give Moore the crucial percentage points he needs to win.

Garrison sighed as he unsheathed his wacom pen. "Guess I'll have to come to their rescue AGAIN," he growled.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

I dig this

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

D.N. Nation posted:

I'm not sure Trump knows that Trump was against Moore in the primary.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

I like how in his screed the "Deep State" is powerful enough to completely invent the accusations out of whole cloth, but not clever enough to try a tactic that already failed.
:umberto:

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Good to know he's totally okay with pedophilia after accepting so much nazi and four chan money.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

man what is going on with this hand

TheDeadlyShoe fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Dec 11, 2017

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

It's kind of amazing that after this long, my opinion of Ben Garrison can still get even lower.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Zelder posted:

Smbc has sucked ever since he got away from clever single panel comics and started doing wordy "here's a joke for your stem friends" multi panel nightmares

"clever single panel comics"

Keiya posted:

"Law" is another one of the worsds that Right Wingers decided to insert their own definition for, just like "fake" means "Bad" to them. So when they saw "law", they mean "White supremacy", and when they say "Crime", they mean "civil rights for minorities".

Every one of these attacks on Jones and supportive statements for Moore make way more sense when you realise that. Moore beleves in the rule of total white supremacy, so of course there no fault in portraying the white peoples religion as supreme and above others. Doug Jones prosecuted the KKK, so of course he's good for the civil rights of minorities.

Fulchrum fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Dec 11, 2017

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Quote is not edit.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Emasculator posted:

SMBC is cool and good, and what the gently caress does him living in Charlottesville have to do with that comic?

I like SMBC, but that cartoon really smacks of somebody who could, up to this point, afford to ignore politics suddenly being like "Wait, these leopards could actually eat my face?!"

Also, being that close to the Nazi rally where Heather Heyer was killed and still acting like you're above it all until, again, finally realizing that the leopard might actually eat your face...

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

D.N. Nation posted:

Trump was only "against" Moore in the primary because he was trying to make some peace with the Republican leadership. I have never seen weaker "support" from a president for someone that was supposedly his chosen candidate. He literally went to a rally for the other guy, and said "Vote for him, but if you don't, that's cool, I like the other guy too. In fact I like him a lot and I really like what he says and what he stands for. But anyways vote for this guy here instead, I guess."

Cpt.Americant
Mar 30, 2010

Not big on the bow, but I like it because elephants really are too awesome for the Republicans to keep using.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

*lifts ivory ban*

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

I would definitely vote for Mr. Rogers over Roy Moore, especially since Moore appears to be turning the skies red with the fires from all those crosses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Man, wasn't Garrison a libertarian once upon a time?

• Locked thread