Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:

exquisite tea posted:

Blackthorne's set bonus should be changed to give you more damage and armor the more off-class set items you wear.
As the 2 piece bonus for Blackthorne's but exclusive of jewelry sets.

Make Aughild's Great Again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Star Man posted:

Patch 2.6.2 should be a revival of the pre-season days when we used a constellation of crafted set items on a single character.
It's ironic that everyone hated the old crafted-gear recipes where you needed a particular white item or a particular trash drop from some random mob type, but now they require bounty mats and absolutely no one uses them because no one wants to burn bounty mats on what's usually an entry-level piece.

Reaper's Wraps used to be nice to have on fresh 70s who hadn't gotten their resource-conservation legendary yet.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
Crafted legendaries should just use 2 of whichever act mat you have the most.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
this game has roleplay potential, you guys ever do it? i paid a puzzle ring to some guy to drink beer and watch me eat chicken today in torment 13 bastion's keep because i get lonely these days while im on break from looking for rainbow goblins i started to get full so i didn't know what to do with him just sitting there watching me until i had an idea i pimped him out to strangers and left made off with 2 camels and a chicken all top quality livestock from tristram.

A Vaulting Dinner Date

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
How bad is botting right now? I ask because I recently started playing again after more than a year and I broke 500 paragon and can farm T13 rifts and what not. When farming and doing bounties in public games and I have run into a few obvious bots.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.

texaholic posted:

How bad is botting right now? I ask because I recently started playing again after more than a year and I broke 500 paragon and can farm T13 rifts and what not. When farming and doing bounties in public games and I have run into a few obvious bots.

yeah i have no clue but its sad that other people bot and i dont because i dont wanna get banned but the bots dont even get banned *continuous pokes finger tips together*

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Bots get banned all the time. They just tend to get banned at the end of seasons so the cheaters can't get back om the leaderboards in time.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.

Mind over Matter posted:

It's sort of weird, I'm a big proponent of Hoarder in general and doing just what you describe to empower every greater rift. But in all my frustrations about Rathma squishiness, I never actually stopped to consider using Goldwrap. Other than that, thank you for the thoughts. I really like the general Rathma playstyle but gently caress being pure glass.

Goldwrap is great. I use this build, more or less, and you are SO FAST. It's ridiculous. https://www.diablofans.com/builds/95520-day-1-t13-necro-starter-guide-season-12

Avarice Band is also nice for farming gold.

Also, made a Captain America crusader and it's so much more fun than necromancer :D Clearly T13 without issues even with a 2k dps/no socket weapon. Spent all day trying to reforge it into ancient but no such luck :( I did get 5 gifts in the process, though, so I guess I'm ready for that ancient when it comes around.

totalnewbie fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Dec 11, 2017

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

totalnewbie posted:

Goldwrap is great. I use this build, more or less, and you are SO FAST. It's ridiculous. https://www.diablofans.com/builds/95520-day-1-t13-necro-starter-guide-season-12

I have a variation on that build too, though I haven't messed with it too much yet. It is nice and speedy for sure.

Herstory Begins Now posted:

Goldwrap makes you invincible in t13, it's gonna be a lot better. The Blood Rush rune that grants armor also grants a fuckton of armor

You're proving to be very correct on both of these, though I'm still trying to figure out why I didn't think of Goldwrap myself. I've used it for other characters in past seasons, and I just didn't apply that knowledge here. Additionally, what rune do you prefer for Bone Armor? Just curious on that one, I go back and forth between the life regen one and the speed one and sometimes the stun one.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

Ask me about my tattoos.
Speed for T13 farming because your objective is really to move as quickly as you can from pack-to-pack.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Goldwrap and Boon are easy to forget about if you drill GRs since that combo rightfully won’t help you there and also because Dayntee’s binding is the only Necro belt so that slot gets glossed over in build videos

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
So what I'm hearing is, if I want to take Trag'Ouls into T13, I have to *stop using Bloodtide Blade* as a cube enchant?

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Bust Rodd posted:

Goldwrap and Boon are easy to forget about if you drill GRs since that combo rightfully won’t help you there and also because Dayntee’s binding is the only Necro belt so that slot gets glossed over in build videos

Yeah, I think this was a large part of it for me. It didn't apply to GRs, so I didn't think about it elsewhere.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
There are a lot of people running bots, though they don't ever impact my experience at all aside from tearing through public bounty games like a bounty completing machine. There's hardly any point in finding 3 other people to do bounties with anymore. 24/7 there are people or bots to group up with for bounties.

They affect the leaderboards in that I highly doubt anyone is getting into the top 25 or so without botting, but getting into the top 100 is absolutely doable un-botted, without poopsocking, at that. Last I looked there were people clearing high 90s/low 100s solo GRs with only 50-60 hours invested.

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama

There are a lot of people running bots, though they don't ever impact my experience at all aside from tearing through public bounty games like a bounty completing machine. There's hardly any point in finding 3 other people to do bounties with anymore. 24/7 there are people or bots to group up with for bounties.

They affect the leaderboards in that I highly doubt anyone is getting into the top 25 or so without botting, but getting into the top 100 is absolutely doable un-botted, without poopsocking, at that. Last I looked there were people clearing high 90s/low 100s solo GRs with only 50-60 hours invested.

I played when the original came out, didn't like it, then played Eastern Sun intermittently. As someone who's unfamiliar with the current game but having fun slicing through poo poo and seeing numbers go up, should I be doing bounties in public games? How much should I push the difficulty in NRs/GRs?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Bounties are pretty painless in public groups, and you can join the Bounty Split Farming community to help organize games. Don't forget that every Monday you can run a new challenge rift to get a fresh supply of cube mats for the week. You should push rifts as high as you can go without it taking forever, "forever" as determined by what you feel is a reasonable clear speed.

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama
I also applied to the lljk group.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Greatest Living Man posted:

I also applied to the lljk group.

Don't apply to the group (ie: clan). Join the open community.

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

Oh my god this challenge rift is SO BAD

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

Ask me about my tattoos.
Join T13 bounty public games. 15 minutes if everyone's able to clear quickly, depending on which bounties you run into. 16x each bounty mat, pretty hard to beat.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

NEED MORE MILK posted:

Oh my god this challenge rift is SO BAD

Yup, I left after about 1 minute, and then the 4-man I joined was even worse. I'll wait for the next one, but since the monk ones are pretty bad too (at least for me), I'm not looking forward to it.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
RIP'd my crusader. Not paying attention to Akarats while Indestructible was on CD.

Oh well, I was getting bored anyway.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

im and elitist scrub and they slow down my bounties thats why i want them bant

DrSeRRoD posted:

Yup, I left after about 1 minute, and then the 4-man I joined was even worse. I'll wait for the next one, but since the monk ones are pretty bad too (at least for me), I'm not looking forward to it.
i somehow completed it with 1 second left i think, or something within the 10-30s

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
It's not weird that my overactive imagination makes me free the prisoners in act II every time I run a bounty to kill Maghda because I envision myself being forgotten in one of those cages to die, right?

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Star Man posted:

It's not weird that my overactive imagination makes me free the prisoners in act II every time I run a bounty to kill Maghda because I envision myself being forgotten in one of those cages to die, right?

Nerd. (I have to compulsively click every dialog option every time they reset when I make a new game)

Thom ZombieForm
Oct 29, 2010

I will eat you alive
I will eat you alive
I will eat you alive
I hit grift lvl 80 on a firebird wizard, its cool and and all but now the game feels like "dodge the projectiles; three will kill ya." Any recommendation for classes that require some sick planning and setup that reward smart plays, or am I demanding too much from this fungame edit: smart plays that I will fail at

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Dameius posted:

Nerd. (I have to compulsively click every dialog option every time they reset when I make a new game)

I open the black smith's box every once and a while even though I know there won't be a letter in it.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
The last time I freed a Maghda prisoner was in 2012.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
I freed one this season, mostly by accident.

I used to click on Haedrigs little box all the time, but I've finally cut way back on that. Only took several years.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
What's wrong with the challenge rift? It's a competent FB Wizard build with some decent maps, I had 30 seconds to spare on my first attempt.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Hobold posted:

I used to click on Haedrigs little box all the time, but I've finally cut way back on that. Only took several years.
You may as well collect the free experience from the notes at some point in the leveling process. Same with the one in A3.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Vakal posted:

I open the black smith's box every once and a while even though I know there won't be a letter in it.

.. I do that and then giggle that "Haedrig's belongings" is completely empty

pyromance
Sep 25, 2006

Suspicious posted:

The last time I freed a Maghda prisoner was in 2012.

"Help us, you can't leave us here!" ...We'll see about that.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

The challenge rift looks difficult at first but stick with it, the last level has 2-3 elites all in a row and a lightning pylon in one of the side tombs that will carry you to victory.

Don't give up, you conduit!

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

thats a good one im gonna use it, hopefully it doesn't dwindle the population more than it is

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

exquisite tea posted:

The challenge rift looks difficult at first but stick with it, the last level has 2-3 elites all in a row and a lightning pylon in one of the side tombs that will carry you to victory.

Don't give up, you conduit!

That's good to know as I stopped pretty early when the power pylon felt like it made no difference. I might take another quick crack at it later.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Figured out some of the nuances of DMO Twister and cleared a 93 with only 4 ancients, no augments and no deaths with 3 minutes to spare. It's an add control monster.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

DMO Twister is pretty fun this season, extremely tanky and does ridiculous damage once everything spins up. The only thing I don't like about it is the setup time and having to constantly reset slow time bubbles against slippery rift guardians. It's also really difficult to find an ideal Deathwish or TTS because the variance on their legendary text is so wide.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

exquisite tea posted:

DMO Twister is pretty fun this season, extremely tanky and does ridiculous damage once everything spins up. The only thing I don't like about it is the setup time and having to constantly reset slow time bubbles against slippery rift guardians. It's also really difficult to find an ideal Deathwish or TTS because the variance on their legendary text is so wide.

You can negate the spin up time by spamming the actual Twister spell while you're channeling. You'll hit that 5 stack near instantly and you'll have your Slow Time constantly which should allow you to blanket the entire room a Guardian is in. But yeah, the build is the definition of kiting and it tears through Arcane Power like crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mewse
May 2, 2006

Goldman Sachs analyst predicts Diablo sequel for 2019